Pleiadian

Reaction score
Server
America_1
Main Char
Rembrandt.
Clan
-
I don't think it is necessary, this advantage with this dinosaur is necessary at least to attack buildings.
Because when you attack or defend alone against a crowd of +3 players it is complicated (as long as you don't focus on a building). And usually, on official servers, attackers are in the minority.
On the other hand, I played 3 attack phases just now and these are my comments:

-The PTR should be announced publicly because currently there are 3 clans dominating all maps.
However, this didn't limit me... me and another player (he left later), we were able to steal a total of 3 buildings against 5-8 rival players. I think the key thing here is to know how to move and know when and where to go to steal at least one portal, it seems impossible but as long as you have a strategy and planning you will succeed.

For this same reason, I advise you not to stay in one building, always look for alternatives, attack them and when you can't go back to the previous one or look for others. In the end, it is a good point of balance against defenders who can heal areas, because there are times when they are not or do not heal their buildings, when you face their "allies", you have an advantage because they can not heal. And the continuous cycle.... the dynamics of this system are very funny. xD
I understand your point. However, I don't think there's anything left to test on the PTR. The next thing to see should be on Live Servers.

Perhaps the Tank class would not be a bigger problem and would be more balanced.

Experience in the PTR compared to on live servers will be very very different.

We will actually see clans trying their best to take or defend their Site.

Especially the timing of the attacking phase.

-I still insist that players who support us by attacking/defending buildings should be rewarded, what's the point of draining, supporting, spending resources and even sacrificing, for a 45% drain when the other player was standing around not doing much but draining 55% (and getting the building)? I mean it's not bad what he does but at least we need something to not spend/lose in vain.

And especially when we are close to get a building but you can't get it because you lack only 3% (it happened to me recently), it was painful because I moved to all points of the map to get something, And during that course I lost 200k dds. And it was just me against 7 players, I mean it wasn't satisfying but it was fun

But I come back again, being rewarded for supporting is necessary, maybe after finishing an attack phase...,the system could reward us depending on our points, it doesn't necessarily have to be fame,.... boosters, dds, boxes etc are a good idea, this will motivate the players a lot...
The reward is the items you will take from the Site that you have successfully taken over.

I feel like the draining time is too long, that's maybe why you're asking for a "participation reward"

OrionZG

Reaction score
Server
America_2
Main Char
WandersZ.
Clan
I understand your point. However, I don't think there's anything left to test on the PTR. The next thing to see should be on Live Servers.

Perhaps the Tank class would not be a bigger problem and would be more balanced.

Experience in the PTR compared to on live servers will be very very different.

We will actually see clans trying their best to take or defend their Site.

Especially the timing of the attacking phase.
Currently the test server is literally almost like an official server, at least like mine (ame 2). Literally, the clans defending the maps are facing the minority of attackers, for example, at this moment there was a +20 vs 4 battle in GF. But at least 3 buildings were obtained.
The reward is the items you will take from the Site that you have successfully taken over.

I feel like the draining time is too long, that's maybe why you're asking for a "participation reward"
It's not that, you just spend a lot of resources for nothing in return, now it's easy because we have recovery kits or a lot of dds/golds. And the drainage doesn't feel slow to me, for me it's fast enough and adequate enough..

But I also agree with you, on the official servers it could be partly different, mainly with the schedule of attack or defense phases that will be prolonged.

Last edited:

Alewx

Splitscreen Studios
Reaction score
This one oversight might shift the gameplay to an all-tank dino attackers and defenders will default to Gatling + Rex. (Tanks can be killed faster with this combination)
I see that there is a highly onesided usage of the brachi, and i plan on countering that a bit, but that might not happen immediatly, have to be careful with, we do not want that only another dino gets used then.

OrionZG

Reaction score
Server
America_2
Main Char
WandersZ.
Clan
I see that there is a highly onesided usage of the brachi, and i plan on countering that a bit, but that might not happen immediatly, have to be careful with, we do not want that only another dino gets used then.
You could increase the strength of some dinosaurs; carnotaurus is an option because it is the least used and in theory it should be a functional DPS, but it is very easy to take it down because it has very little health

- L e g a c y -

Reaction score
Server
America_1
Main Char
el Doctor Jhones
Clan
Clan Steel RomeroMex
Queridos guardabosques,

La próxima gran actualización de Dino Storm, " #14 Endgame Part 3 (Gameplay de sitios) " se encuentra actualmente en la fase de prueba. Ahora está listo para la prueba PTR pública que nos ayudará a encontrar problemas pendientes, recibir sus comentarios y brindar información sobre el rendimiento del servidor. Tan pronto como todo funcione sin problemas y podamos incorporar sus comentarios, la fase de prueba concluirá con el lanzamiento en vivo que seguirá poco después.

:información: Lea esto antes de unirse a la prueba:
  • ! >>> LEER EL REGISTRO DE CAMBIOS <<< !
  • El PTR ("Public Test Realm") se utiliza exclusivamente para realizar pruebas.
  • El servidor está ejecutando un nuevo estado sin ningún avatar de jugador. Después de crear su nuevo avatar, se le proporcionarán automáticamente los elementos, etc., necesarios para probar la nueva actualización.
  • Lo que ves en el RPP aún es un trabajo en progreso y podría cambiar durante las pruebas y el lanzamiento en vivo.
  • Sólo el idioma inglés está disponible para el cliente del juego.
  • Esta prueba sólo se ejecutará durante unos días.
  • Para obtener acceso al PTR, es posible que tengas que registrar una nueva cuenta de Splitscreen Games explícitamente para el PTR.

:!: Cambios de diseño solo para la prueba pública:

Los cambios a continuación solo se aplican durante la fase de prueba y se revertirán o no se aplicarán cuando se publique la actualización.
  • Después de crear tu avatar, recibirá lo siguiente:
    • Los nuevos avatares están configurados al nivel máximo.
    • Los nuevos avatares reciben 5.000.000 Dino Dollars.
    • Los nuevos avatares reciben 250.000 monedas de oro.
    • Cada dinosaurio, arma y 5 veces cada implante y módulo en el nivel 55 (Excluyendo el T-Rex)
    • Ropa y máscaras en el nivel 55 para cada atributo disponible con calidad máxima
    • 10 kits de construcción de enlace de salto
    • Desbloqueaste muchos espacios de inventario.
  • Las fases de conflicto serán mucho más frecuentes el jueves 29 de febrero de lo que están destinadas a ser en los servidores en vivo. (Fase de conflicto de 1 hora, fase de protección de 30 min)
    • Estamos planeando cambiar el tiempo de la fase de conflicto durante la prueba.
  • Las elecciones municipales se aceleran mucho en comparación con los servidores en vivo, por lo que se puede llegar a la oficina del sheriff mucho más rápido que en los servidores en vivo.
  • Las misiones grupales están deshabilitadas
  • Todos los iconos de mapas desbloqueados automáticamente.
  • Tiempo de reutilización de cambio de banda de 72 horas desactivado.

:?: Preguntas a la comunidad

Sería fantástico si pudiera utilizar las siguientes preguntas como guía cuando proporcione sus comentarios aquí.
  • ¿Cómo se siente la dificultad de construir una defensa en comparación con la dificultad del ataque?
  • ¿Es apropiada la duración de la fase del conflicto para dar a los atacantes Y a los defensores las mismas oportunidades?
  • ¿Qué te gusta del nuevo sistema en comparación con el antiguo y qué no tanto?
Diviértete y deja tus comentarios aquí mismo como respuesta a esta publicación. Los errores van aquí => FORO DE ERRORES

:celebrar: :)
[/CITA]
METRO me gastaría que cambien el color de los nombres de amigos y clanes, para distinguir bien a quienes tenemos como amigos.

VioletRosa

Reaction score
Server
America_1
Main Char
.Rosalita.
Clan
_MaD BullS_
The change is to make the rescue options more strategic and less overpowered as they are currently live. You can not always effectively use the instant rescue when there are opponents around you that you can not flee from. We try to balance it as good as possible between risk and the reward being close to the combat again when using the instant rescue. We have the % of HP and the invulnarability status effect time to adjust it. Let us know your feedback on the current values etc.

But as Alewx said we still need to find the best middle ground for it. It must remain a great item to use but at the same time not be overpowered. Its a tricky element to balance as it makes out a a larger portion of revenue for the game and we dont want to shot ourselves in the foot while trying to make the game better.
As someone that uses kits I have no problem with this currently. This is a war game and war requires strategy . We talked about this before where the kits should be used as strategy based sometimes and not just spammed whenever

Highway

Splitscreen Studios
Reaction score
PTR is updated in 5 minutes:

There is already a bit of balancing from alewx to give the damage dinos a bit more power to counter the tanks

OrionZG

Reaction score
Server
America_2
Main Char
WandersZ.
Clan
As someone that uses kits I have no problem with this currently. This is a war game and war requires strategy . We talked about this before where the kits should be used as strategy based sometimes and not just spammed whenever
Exactly, in the PTR I used a lot of kits to get a portal in front of 12 players, I think I used about +50 but I wasn't alone, there was another player doing the same thing (and I'm not a player who uses recovery kits). Unfortunately we didn't win anything.

The point is that it is not worth spamming first aid kits in front of many players or even "taking revenge", well... it really depends on each one, but taking into account that we have Jump Links and Neutral Buildings for TP, aand, above all, that the attackers have a higher percentage of drainage., I think it's necessary to plan in a general way how and when to use them, currently the system is very dynamic, I mean, there are many moves you can do to recover or attack a building.

For example, the kits could be functional to steal a building below 10-5%, or save a friend in a specific critical situation. (It has always been like this). I believe that currently the kits are a secondary but not deficient option to consider them useless.

I don't have that much of a problem with the new kits, I feel they are sufficiently balanced.

Last edited:

- Cause -

Reaction score
Server
Europe_1
Main Char
Eduard06
Clan
Albania
true

Mufasa

Reaction score
Server
America_2
Main Char
I-.Mufasa.-I
Clan
-Deadly Monarchy-
I believe that instead of trying new ways to update something already being adopted by the players themselves. They could focus on releasing something new that brings the community and respect that dino storm had in the old days. As new dinos, you have a layout created by the community itself for years on Facebook. I don't see what's needed for this because you already have the idea, just get the players' approval for that and you already have it.
Like the image below shared by the game's own Facebook, most forgotten by the developersimagem_2024-03-09_184357182.png

- Cause -

Reaction score
Server
Europe_1
Main Char
Eduard06
Clan
Albania
I believe that instead of trying new ways to update something already being adopted by the players themselves. They could focus on releasing something new that brings the community and respect that dino storm had in the old days. As new dinos, you have a layout created by the community itself for years on Facebook. I don't see what's needed for this because you already have the idea, just get the players' approval for that and you already have it.
i believe this is only the beginning of a bigger plan. its useless to build the top of a skyscraper without fixing the foundation. Now more ppl will play daily resulting in more reccomendations to friends, bigger content updates for this bigger playerbase and many other things.

its like the survivorship bias. The planes came back with holes on them but the most logical place was to fix where the holes weren't bcs if the plane got shot there, it didnt make it back to tell the full statistic. We only see the problems we face as the minority but dont see where the big problems lie and the bigger portion quit without even talking.

Just let the devs cook at this point. i think the situation is getting better and better

yewhuiyuan

Reaction score
Server
Europe_1
Main Char
Sir.Tortii
Clan
Outlaw
@Devs will map revamp be happening after update 3?

Rockspider19

Reaction score
Server
America_5
Main Char
Rockspider
Clan
- UnforgiveN -
I wanted to share my updated feedback on the recent changes. Overall, the cleaner appearance of the maps without the constant spam of jump links is a positive change. It enhances the visual appeal and contributes to a more immersive gaming environment.

Regarding the protection phase, while the 30-minute duration is more acceptable, it still feels somewhat odd and contributes to a slower pace in the game. However, I can adapt to this timeframe if it proves to be a necessary adjustment.

One concern I encountered during my gameplay involves the attack phase ending while a building's HP is low. I suggest introducing an overtime mechanic, where the attack phase only concludes when all buildings turn green. This modification could prevent the frustration of being unable to complete an attack due to the phase ending prematurely.

Now, onto the Brachiosaurus – a formidable force indeed. In my first-hand experience, it proved to be a powerhouse, capable of soloing or winning 2v1 encounters against other dinos. Defenders struggled to impede my progress even with a team of five players. Here's a breakdown of my observations:

- Carno and Rex can be easily overwhelmed solo or in a 2v1 scenario against the Brachiosaurus.
- Coel proved negligible while defending; it could be completely ignored during draining, its damage output being nearly nonexistent. It dies quickly if it fights close range.
- Centro provided an entertaining fight, but its defeat came with minimal difficulty.
- I haven't had the opportunity to test against Anky, Para, and Pachy, but I anticipate their performance to be on par with or below the other dinos.
(Note: While the players I encountered may not have been the most skilled, and I consider myself a decent player, please take this observation with a grain of salt. Regardless of skill differences, I believe my experience using other dinos would not have allowed me to achieve similar results.)

In essence, the Brachiosaurus presents a significant challenge, turning encounters into boss fights when players utilize the correct weaponry, items, and attire. It feels like it's the only go-to dino for wars. Others die too quickly and can't deal out the same high damage. War with everyone using Brachi gets a bit boring. Others in the game seem to feel the same way.

Thank you for considering this feedback. I look forward to witnessing further improvements and refinements based on player input.

Pleiadian

Reaction score
Server
America_1
Main Char
Rembrandt.
Clan
-
Regarding the protection phase, while the 30-minute duration is more acceptable, it still feels somewhat odd and contributes to a slower pace in the game. However, I can adapt to this timeframe if it proves to be a necessary adjustment.

One concern I encountered during my gameplay involves the attack phase ending while a building's HP is low. I suggest introducing an overtime mechanic, where the attack phase only concludes when all buildings turn green. This modification could prevent the frustration of being unable to complete an attack due to the phase ending prematurely.
The attack phases on live server will last hours, so we will have enough time to capture enough site.

Kaisen

Reaction score
Server
Asia_1
Main Char
- Igris
Clan
Elysium
Can it be possible that there is an indication on the gate shown in mini-map when its being drained ?
Right now, when the gate is being attacked/drained, it displays red blinking cross. We have to lock cursor on it and see the % change to see if its actually being drained or not.

So as to distinguish b/w the gate being actually drained and the gate just being attacked, other symbols can be added.
example: when gate is attacked- red blinking cross is shown on map
when the gate is actually being drained- 2 red blinking crosses are shown

If this is implemented people can easily tell which gate is being drained just by looking at map and can move accordingly.

It will make the game better if Instead of hovering mouse cursor on the gate and seeing the % change to know if the gate is being drained or not we can just tell it by looking at the map.

Pleiadian

Reaction score
Server
America_1
Main Char
Rembrandt.
Clan
-
VjV0oJDzUO.gif

I think that an animation like that on the mini map would do what you ask.

With that, no longer need to have the cross overlay icon for a building on the map.

This would be very convenient for both attackers and defenders.

Without having to lock the cursor on a site on the map, we will immediately know the status of the building.

For the attackers, they can quickly come up with a strategy.

Defenders can spread themselves rapidly just by looking at the map.

Really it's just a convenience. This last change would be much appreciated if it were to make it to the final version.

Last edited:

DalekRaptor

Reaction score
Server
America_3
Main Char
DalekRaptor
Clan
Mesozoic Masters
i think would be better if you move lawton from there, to that point due the bigger distance between the market zone and chapman
1710137533013.png

VioletRosa

Reaction score
Server
America_1
Main Char
.Rosalita.
Clan
_MaD BullS_
@Highway There's not much else I can say about the update on the server (unless someone brings up a point I forgot) but I wanted to mention 2 minor things:

1. I like that you guys change the colors. Leave them like this!

2. I know you mentioned there's currently no set place for the neutral gates. However, I think the gates in gf, gv and ccv are actually in ok ish places. mk and mm you can almost immediately get attacked by alphas if this is put into live. problem is I'm not sure where you can move them to🤔

Alewx

Splitscreen Studios
Reaction score
@Highway There's not much else I can say about the update on the server (unless someone brings up a point I forgot) but I wanted to mention 2 minor things:

1. I like that you guys change the colors. Leave them like this!

2. I know you mentioned there's currently no set place for the neutral gates. However, I think the gates in gf, gv and ccv are actually in ok ish places. mk and mm you can almost immediately get attacked by alphas if this is put into live. problem is I'm not sure where you can move them to🤔
that is because i spawn map is not adjusted to now, that is done once i get the collision maps.

Alewx

Splitscreen Studios
Reaction score
  1. Love the new color setting, it's much more readable at a glance now.
  2. Reduction of the teleportation time is very welcomed. Much needed change.
  3. Enlarging the mini-map to a higher size was the upgrade we didn't know we needed. With Jump Link, the previous mini-map was becoming too overwhelmed with information to process. I absolutely like this change, it's even easier to read my surroundings now.
  4. I like the current setting of Health Recovery for Compact Recovery Kit. It's not too much that attackers may abuse it.

However, regarding the fact that the Site health point still decreases when there's 1 attacker in the zone despite having multiple defenders in the circle, I do not like this feature. It can easily be abused by an attacker who's doing AFK draining with Tank Dino. I am using mostly Runner class in the PTR and it's quite difficult to even match the Tank.

This one oversight might shift the gameplay to an all-tank dino attackers and defenders will default to Gatling + Rex. (Tanks can be killed faster with this combination)
I updated the changelog with the recent changes that i experimented with regarding the dinostrength.

ElonMusk

Reaction score
Server
Europe_1
Main Char
K A Y R A - H A N
Clan
Greek Aces
Is it just me to get limited access? If it's general, will it open again?

vakx

Reaction score
Server
Europe_1
Main Char
Phantom0
Clan
Saviors
will the ptr open again?

Malekith

Reaction score
Server
America_3
Main Char
- M A L E K I T H -
Clan
Red Velvelt
I updated the changelog with the recent changes that i experimented with regarding the dinostrength.
About Changlog The problem is not with the other dinosaurs but with brachy and anky, they don't need to have that much life. The strength is almost insignificant as most players use gatling and stay at a distance to use the critical and manage to kill the brachy.

Davidleucuta

Reaction score
Server
Europe_1
Main Char
ReeseMcBlox.
Clan
Beloved and Hated
I have a question PTR server is closed?

Highway

Splitscreen Studios
Reaction score
The second public PTR test is concluded for now. (PTR is closed again)

Thanks for testing out the changes over the weekend. We saw some great battles around the buildings and it seemed many had fun doing so. :)

We will finish up the remaining elements of the update supported by your feedback. I think there is no need for a third public test for this update so dont expect a public ptr is coming for it again.

Alewx

Splitscreen Studios
Reaction score
About Changlog The problem is not with the other dinosaurs but with brachy and anky, they don't need to have that much life. The strength is almost insignificant as most players use gatling and stay at a distance to use the critical and manage to kill the brachy.
I have some doubts there, as from what i saw during ptr, brachi was not that easily slain. also giving more strength is also incentive to change tactics and actually get in close with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.