cOsMiNN

Reaction score
Server
Europe_4
Main Char
Artemis
Clan
Resurrection
Dinoville should not be taking too much Tower, to the point that attackers are getting steamrolled by camping defenders.
I feel like this dinoville holding towers is just contradicting what the update is meant to be, players that hold the towers usually are the stronger ones, dv holding towers just helps these players cause they have less to defend in general. Even a gate or two could mean a handful of people roaming around to defend other gates, maybe with double the drain rate it helps attackers a bit, but I have my doubts.

Czarna

Reaction score
Server
Europe_4
Main Char
Czarna
Clan
- Eternal -
From initial thought, what is happening on the PTR, is basically a simulation of what would happen if this update were to be on Live Server.

Consider that last week, the PTR was very crowded at every hour. There were a lot of people who were enjoying it— before the controversial change of Dinoville aggressively taking all the Sites.

Now there's barely anyone, barely anything to attack.

It was as predicted. The players who won their Rex/ Sheriff stopped joining the Town Hall. Less activity in the Towh Hall resulted in Dinoville aggressively taking the Sites across maps. This led to such a small number of Site to be attackable, that defenders are sitting ducks at their towers. More players are again demotivated to attack, they stop opening the PTR. Eventually, nobody joins the Town Hall. In the end, DV takes everything.

You're shooting yourself in the foot with this feature.

I understand the thought process behind this idea, but to make everything depend on the Town Hall activity, you're placing all your eggs in 1 basket. 1 situation is all it takes to bring everything down. All it takes is 1 look at the current state of the PTR.

My proposed solution would be to start tracking the player's activity on the server. Find a midpoint between players who are active and Town Hall activity to fairly let DV take the towers.

Dinoville should not be taking too much Tower, to the point that attackers are getting steamrolled by camping defenders.
Could not agree more. Lowering the amount of sites will lower the amount of people that apply to the Town Hall which will again lower the amount of sites. Those two statistics will keep feeding into each other to consistently lower the amount of sites and seats. It will not be easy to get them to bounce back again to a higher count. It would actually take an effort of an alliance-like system that would agree to keep joining elections with a low fame count (losing on purpose) to keep the number of seats and sites in check.

Compact Recovery Kit should be disabled on the PTR.

It's simply difficult to evaluate how things will even turns out on the Live Server. And currently, players are using Branchio to attack, once they die, they use Kit. With the fact that the Site lose 40 HP instead of 20, everyone is kit draining with branchio now for those low amount of tower remaing.
There are players that use Recovery Kits in the same way on the live server. Hop on brachio and spam Recovery Kit until a site gets taken over. If it's possible to gain a site using this strategy, someone will surely do it.

Pleiadian

Reaction score
Server
America_1
Main Char
Rembrandt.
Clan
-
I feel like this dinoville holding towers is just contradicting what the update is meant to be, players that hold the towers usually are the stronger ones, dv holding towers just helps these players cause they have less to defend in general.
All of those points have already been mentioned. And I believe Highway has been reading through them.

When more towers were available, it was difficult for defenders to defend everything and gives an edge to the attackers to steal fame and form strategies.

Pleiadian

Reaction score
Server
America_1
Main Char
Rembrandt.
Clan
-
There are players that use Recovery Kits in the same way on the live server. Hop on brachio and spam Recovery Kit until a site gets taken over. If it's possible to gain a site using this strategy, someone will surely do it.
Fair point.

Then in that regards, this will definitely get abused on the live server for both sides.

Pleiadian

Reaction score
Server
America_1
Main Char
Rembrandt.
Clan
-
We moved the bias towards attackers. Give it a spin and let us know if you can still defend ;)
Updated thought of this change.

Well, defenders are outnumbering the attackers to the point that the big clan named Kingsman are doing very good while holding.

It's the same principle really. A low number of towers makes it easier to defend them. I genuinely believe I am spamming the same message at this point.

..Arcadius..

Reaction score
Server
Europe_1
Main Char
..Arcadius..
Clan
F O U N D
Which leads again to kite being too broken again, even after the nerfs.

Pleiadian

Reaction score
Server
America_1
Main Char
Rembrandt.
Clan
-

Well, defenders are outnumbering the attackers to the point that the big clan named Kingsman are doing very good while holding.

It's the same principle really. A low number of towers makes it easier to defend them. I genuinely believe I am spamming the same message at this point.
Constantly taking other towers seems easier than defending.

Attackers remove 40 HP from the building while defenders heal a mere 5 HP.

Hate to say it, but it seems like we have moved backward. PTR of last week was much much more enjoyable than this horrible state currently.

So basically, it's defense when there are fewer enemies and If there are more enemies, we go take another tower. After overtaking a tower, it will be protected anyway.

Alewx

Splitscreen Studios
Reaction score
@Narokath, is on the plans to add a third or fourth line for icons? due so many boosters that were added. Some disappear when an effect is used or recieved and others are never shown due the limit View attachment 47315View attachment 47316
I'm actuall for mor like limiting it to max 7 active at the same time, like there are only 7 on live right now; while Narokath is in favor or making all 23 possible, result not decided how that will be in the end.

- T R I G G E R -

Reaction score
Server
Europe_1
Main Char
- T R I G G E R -
Clan
Greek Aces

You are making wonderful points, devs just arent listening man.

They will lose their player base in a week they push this shit out.

No one wants to not be able to pvp. What this game is all about.

- T R I G G E R -

Reaction score
Server
Europe_1
Main Char
- T R I G G E R -
Clan
Greek Aces
I'm actuall for mor like limiting it to max 7 active at the same time, like there are only 7 on live right now; while Narokath is in favor or making all 23 possible, result not decided how that will be in the end.
Are you guys just ignoring the fact that YOUR player base is saying “Bad Idea Man” and thinking you know better than players who have played since 2012?

This game will die in a week if you dont listen to your players.

Every other game that didnt listen to their player base is also dead, learn from their mistakes

- T R I G G E R -

Reaction score
Server
Europe_1
Main Char
- T R I G G E R -
Clan
Greek Aces
You guys could leave ptr open until next weekend (sunday night) and get everyones feedback totally.

Plus it would be fun for players who havent touched ptr to touch it

- Leyenda -

Reaction score
Server
America_5
Main Char
- Leyenda -
Clan
-GLadiadores-
Well this is my opinion regarding the map, I find it bad that Dino Ville takes so many portals if it is good that it takes some ''As notices of an activity'' but the essence of the game and the fun is being able to duel with purposes is say being able to have a reward for winning a series of defenses, this also creates a disadvantage for small clans because since large clans will not focus on looking for many towers since Dino ville already has many and large clans will have more possibilities for defenses, the others would make the update completely meaningless, this update has a lot of potential to activate many servers given that there are good rewards every day defending and attacking the problem that we all see is that Dv removed too many portals: 1/2 Okay 3/5 ok , but an entire map is crazy since the fun is being able to reach the vulnerable hour and be able to win or lose and put together a new strategy... an example of this is the test server, currently almost no one is participating. (But here in the Forum we do it.) :geek:

VioletRosa

Reaction score
Server
America_1
Main Char
.Rosalita.
Clan
_MaD BullS_
I'm a bit confused and I had to talk to a few people to confirm but did you guys take away fast drain or does it only happen during certain situations? it was -40, -30 now normal -20

yewhuiyuan

Reaction score
Server
Europe_1
Main Char
Sir.Tortii
Clan
Outlaw
Could we get like a rundown table of how many applicants need to join town hall election for street district and town.... in order to at least open up 1/2 a map for ds community to play in..... and not dv just picking randomly any gate to own.

Pleiadian

Reaction score
Server
America_1
Main Char
Rembrandt.
Clan
-
I'm actuall for mor like limiting it to max 7 active at the same time, like there are only 7 on live right now; while Narokath is in favor or making all 23 possible,
Less is better.

Too many of these icons will create obscurity, clutter the HUD and too much information to process. Also, it's not like everyone is going to read these icons every time.

Some additional information.

Currently on the Live Server with the Clan Boosters activated, even though we do see the other players use a clan booster, what can we do about it? Nothing. It's simply meaningless information.

But I think that only the person that have it on, should be the only one to see it. It should appear on the Statistic Page of the Profile Menu.

Alewx

Splitscreen Studios
Reaction score
Could we get like a rundown table of how many applicants need to join town hall election for street district and town.... in order to at least open up 1/2 a map for ds community to play in..... and not dv just picking randomly any gate to own.
The server with the least current activity in townhall is Eu3 and it would get about 45% of all buildings marked as active with the current setup.

DalekRaptor

Reaction score
Server
America_3
Main Char
DalekRaptor
Clan
Mesozoic Masters
Currently on the Live Server with the Clan Boosters activated, even though we do see the other players use a clan booster, what can we do about it? Nothing. It's simply meaningless information.

But I think that only the person that have it on, should be the only one to see it.
uhm i dissagre with this, because for example on a pvp without booster a player could lie he is not using, or if in a war we see our enemies using then we would want to also use them, or put penetration if they are using the armor booster and etc.

otherwise we would need to learn the numerical values as happend with basic, potent an violent booster and that is a bit annoying (and i see most of the players don't know the diferences) and on pvp without damage booster since there isn't the pink colour on the shoots, the players thrend to lie they aren't using booster

xx-predator-xx

Reaction score
Server
Europe_3
Main Char
ShoguN
Clan
Die Fraggles
@Highway may i suggest that if supplies and long-life supplies boosters won't be active to be sold for goldcoins? supplies to be sold back for their gold coins initial value and the long-life gels for a smaller amount of goind coins or silver crowns.

europe1

Reaction score
Server
Europe_1
Main Char
fuerte_loko
Clan
G U E R R A
the possibility of in-game exchanges, e.g. stones, dd, clothes would be good

Rav3n

Reaction score
Server
Asia_1
Main Char
M O R I A R 3 T Y
Clan
quicker voltz
The server with the least current activity in townhall is Eu3 and it would get about 45% of all buildings marked as active with the current setup.
surprising i thought it would be eu2 or asia 1 or am4 or am3 z

venessa.sierra

Reaction score
Server
Europe_1
Main Char
- S H A D O W -
Clan
Army Of Darkness
ptr will open back ?

yewhuiyuan

Reaction score
Server
Europe_1
Main Char
Sir.Tortii
Clan
Outlaw
@ devs are we gonna get gun balancing update and maybe a new gun (cross bow type)

piotr50000009

Reaction score
Server
Europe_1
Main Char
Deczeter
Clan
-
ok, we already understand that you are scared to death of alliances ceasing to exist.
But don't despair, players will not be banned from forming alliances after the update 😰🥺
Whatchu yappin about, im making fun of the devs for talking about something they physically cant prevent and just outright ruining things for everyone lmao

Status
Not open for further replies.