What's new

Feedback Thread · Endgame Part 3 Open PTR Test

Status
Not open for further replies.

Narokath

Splitscreen Studios
Reaction score
Dear rangers,

The next big Dino Storm update "#14 Endgame Part 3 (Sites Gameplay)" is currently in the testing phase. It is now ready for the public PTR test which will help us find remaining issues, get your feedback and provide insight into server performance. As soon as everything runs smoothly and we could incorporate your feedback, the testing phase will conclude with the live release to follow shortly after.

:info: Please Read This Before Joining the Test:
  • ! >>> READ THE CHANGELOG <<< !
  • The PTR ("Public Test Realm") is exclusively used for testing.
  • The server is running a fresh new state without any player avatars on it. After you create your new avatar, it will automatically be given the items etc. which are required for testing the new update.
  • What you see on the PTR is still work in progress and might change during testing and for the live release.
  • Only the English language is available for the game client.
  • This test will only run for a few days.
  • To gain access to the PTR, you may need to register a new Splitscreen Games account explicitly for the PTR.

:!: Design Changes Only for the Public Test:

The changes below are only applied during the testing phase and will be reverted/not take place when the update goes live.
  • After creating your avatar, it will receive the following:
    • New avatars are set to max level.
    • New avatars receive 5,000,000 Dino Dollars.
    • New avatars receive 250,000 Gold Coins.
    • Every dino, weapon and 5 times each implant and module at level 55 (Excluding the T-Rex)
    • Clothing & Skins at level 55 for each available attribute with max quality
    • 10 Jump Link construction kits
    • Unlocked many inventory slots
  • Conflict phases will be much more frequent on Thursday, February 29, than they are destined to be on live servers. ( 1 hour conflict phase, 30 min protection phase)
    • We are planning to change the Conflict Phase timing during the test
  • Townhall elections are sped up a lot compared to live servers, so that the Sheriff's office can be reached a lot quicker than on live servers.
  • Group Quests are disabled
  • Automaticall unlocked map icons
  • Disabled 72 hours gang change cooldown

:?: Questions to the Community

It would be great if you can use the following questions as a guideline when you provide your feedback here.
  • How does the building defence difficult feel compared to the attack difficult?
  • Is the length of the conflict phase appropriate to give attackers AND defenders an equal chance?
  • What do you enjoy on the new system compared to the old and what not so much?
Have fun and leave your feedback right here as a reply to this post. Bugs go here => BUG FORUM

:celebrate: :)

Last edited by a moderator:

Highway

Splitscreen Studios
Reaction score
PTR is now open. You have around 1 hour to prepare before the first conflict phase will start. Have fun and we are looking forward to your feedback here in this thread (Thread unlocked)

- Cause -

Reaction score
Server
Europe_1
Main Char
Eduard06
Clan
Albania
Im at work but as soon as i come back i will play :D thank you so much devs <3

Igaflys

Reaction score
Server
America_4
Main Char
...BoBo...
Clan
xxxSTAR_STORMxxx
As the first attack phrase passes, I have a question:
Why we are not allowed to attack gate once it belongs to clan? Even though the attack phrase is still going?

Igaflys

Reaction score
Server
America_4
Main Char
...BoBo...
Clan
xxxSTAR_STORMxxx
All of the gates are already claimed by clans which makes attacking phrase useless to be held for so long time, if this thing will come on live servers the buildings will be so easily and fast to obtain that it will be enough to just play for 10 /15 min to get buildings for your clan for full day

Alewx

Splitscreen Studios
Reaction score
the test is to see if and how the timings might get adjusted. also because once a building is taken it is taken for that time until the next conflict starts. otherwise i do not really see where it would differ from currently, attack ended another attack starts. that way effort has to be focused in that time.

Igaflys

Reaction score
Server
America_4
Main Char
...BoBo...
Clan
xxxSTAR_STORMxxx
the test is to see if and how the timings might get adjusted. also because once a building is taken it is taken for that time until the next conflict starts. otherwise i do not really see where it would differ from currently, attack ended another attack starts. that way effort has to be focused in that time.
but its still 15 min enough just to claim all of the buildings - im talking about most popular servers including here in ptr, i dont think the you can possibly calculate timings acording to whats happening now and thinking that it will be suitable for rest "dead"/not so popular servers

Highway

Splitscreen Studios
Reaction score
New PTR will be deployed in 10 minutes and contain the following changes:

With it we will also disable the following elements for testing:
  • Disabled 72 hours gang change cooldown
  • Diabled instant rescue option

Pleiadian

Reaction score
Server
America_1
Main Char
Rembrandt.
Clan
-
@Alewx @Highway

I do not know from which data you set those upgrade values. But it is not possible to farm that much amount of DDs.

So let's play this out.

My tower is in "Good" yield, 1 attacker clan comes, and takes it. And now I have to recover and again spend 3 Million just to upgrade for the first stage?

Keep in mind, the average DDs for players are 7-10M DDs.

Upgrade amount too high.

Pleiadian

Reaction score
Server
America_1
Main Char
Rembrandt.
Clan
-
Yes you have to again use 3M just to upgrade to the first stage.

Agusdim

Reaction score
Server
America_1
Main Char
Agusdim
Clan
The Revolution
Let's not expect that we can change the performance of an entire map to excellent in a single day, it is something that should take time to achieve.

Pleiadian

Reaction score
Server
America_1
Main Char
Rembrandt.
Clan
-
Let me ask you instead, how much do you think does a clan farm with 55 ppl? out of curiosity.
Nobody is farming DDs 24 hours.

I would say "Look at the data from the back end"

But some factor tell me you do not track it.

piotr50000009

Reaction score
Server
Europe_1
Main Char
Deczeter
Clan
-
Bro, not everyone in a 55 ppl or higher clan has time to hunt much everyday, did you take people into account that actually work instead of farm 24/7?
bro probably did math on that to 'calculate' it istg

Pleiadian

Reaction score
Server
America_1
Main Char
Rembrandt.
Clan
-
Let's not expect that we can change the performance of an entire map to excellent in a single day, it is something that should take time to achieve.
The first stage of upgrade cost 3M.

That's the average DDs of almost every player in the game I should say

piotr50000009

Reaction score
Server
Europe_1
Main Char
Deczeter
Clan
-
also, do consider that wars take dds, clothes take dds, triforge takes dds, upgrading takes dds, everything takes dds, if you think 55 member clan can farm that you've never played the game fr

Agusdim

Reaction score
Server
America_1
Main Char
Agusdim
Clan
The Revolution
The first stage of upgrade cost 3M.

That's the average DDs of almost every player in the game I should say
Farming DDs is currently extremely easy if you are level 55. If those are the prices to improve tower performance, this will give an extra reason to farm DDs. Let's remember that there is currently no really good reason to do so.

Agusdim

Reaction score
Server
America_1
Main Char
Agusdim
Clan
The Revolution
Remember that the frequency at which maps become vulnerable will not be the same as the current one in the PTR.

piotr50000009

Reaction score
Server
Europe_1
Main Char
Deczeter
Clan
-
Farming DDs is currently extremely easy if you are level 55. If those are the prices to improve tower performance, this will give an extra reason to farm DDs. Let's remember that there is currently no really good reason to do so.
Wars and also do know that if you lose the gate you lose upgrades, so imagine doing that constantly, you'll have to farm dds 24/7

Igaflys

Reaction score
Server
America_4
Main Char
...BoBo...
Clan
xxxSTAR_STORMxxx
if 3m dd is average then i feel below average. only 1 time in my life i had 3m dd. For me its even hard to get to 100k tbh. Also consider that this game contains not only 55lvls but also 10, 20 etc and their dds are just below 1m. how small clan can upgrade buildings then?

Status
Not open for further replies.