What's new

#14 Endgame Part 3 (Sites Gameplay)

Alewx

Splitscreen Studios
Reaction score
Would be also randomic even for 2,400 hp , 4.800 like -50 or -100 hp drain rate?
It would be smoothed randomness no matter the yield and hp of the building.

It could lead to situation where the building gets drained and in on the last few HP the drainrate gets so low that the defenders can turn the tide and save the building over time. but that is really just imagination.

Hardwell

Reaction score
Server
America_2
Main Char
ZEUS
Clan
SHADOWS
If the idea of different healing rates depending on the no. of gates hold + Higher yield = low HP gates in place i think it's too punishing on the defender/map holder.

The low heal rate is already the risk for their big clan and big rewards in the tower.....

Using manual DD to upgrade yield will be better so if allies wanna trade they will think about the DD they invested in the building before blindly trading with no penalty.....

Idea: HP armor
Upgrading yield also increases armor hp on the tower.

Basic: no armor
Good: +700 armor (vanish after 15 mins)
Very good: +1000 armor (vanish after 30 mins) ---> 1 HR CONFLICT , x2 of duration for 2 hrs conflict
Excellent: +1300 armor (vanish after 45 mins)

With these hopefully people will upgrade their yield... and not see upgrading yield as that punishing......

Alewx

Splitscreen Studios
Reaction score
If the idea of different healing rates depending on the no. of gates hold + Higher yield = low HP gates in place i think it's too punishing on the defender/map holder.

The low heal rate is already the risk for their big clan and big rewards in the tower.....

Using manual DD to upgrade yield will be better so if allies wanna trade they will think about the DD they invested in the building before blindly trading with no penalty.....

Idea: HP armor
Upgrading yield also increases armor hp on the tower.

Basic: no armor
Good: +700 armor (vanish after 15 mins)
Very good: +1000 armor (vanish after 30 mins) ---> 1 HR CONFLICT , x2 of duration for 2 hrs conflict
Excellent: +1300 armor (vanish after 45 mins)

With these hopefully people will upgrade their yield... and not see upgrading yield as that punishing......
Is your armor pure HP extension?

Highway

Splitscreen Studios
Reaction score
The bulding HP would be a constant value regardless of the yield if we introduce a dynamic drain rate/repair rate based on the owned buildings of the clan. Its already an effort get the building to a higher yield by defending a building (sure only when you have attackers).

NazzaFire

Reaction score
Server
Europe_2
Main Char
Male
Clan
Clanless
I have the idea to extend the drain rate for the attackers , for example -100 Hp , even if tower is 2400 ( Higher drain rate always for the higher fame/medals)

Highway

Splitscreen Studios
Reaction score
Some additional rough ideas to throw in to reduce the impact of ally side clans:

Adrenaline rush
  • Getting Attacker or Defender status grants a buff “Adrenaline” Buff to the player that runs for 5 seconds and gets reapplied automatically as long as the player is in the building radius
  • “Adrenaline” Buff grants the ability to always use the skills on max power only in pvp attacker vs defender
    • Will not deplete the regular max power bar
    • Heal task is not affected as it does not have a target
  • This buffs gives ally side clans less power and reduce their influence as they will not get the buff benefits
Declare War
  • Once a clan attacks a building (or even just a player) it will be marked to be in war with the owner clan for 24 hours
  • Being in war with a clan means that the clan can not use buildings from the clan in protected state (outside of conflict)
  • Having a clear war list should make it better to handle side clans to think before they attack their ally of the to explit the system
  • Effects of clan in war can be extended if needed with other elements

This is really just a draft and might help to find better alternatives

Czarna

Reaction score
Server
Europe_4
Main Char
Czarna
Clan
- Eternal -
There is no way for smaller clan like us to defend the buildings from 100 players. Instead we focus on exchanging buildings so we lose the one we already have but get the other one by this it makes balance.

Balance how? Defenders have lot many PPL to help while attackers are less.
Next go for peace talks and clans which are having good power always deserves camps to hold. Why not give them back and go to peace. Defenders don't want to give the camps back that's the only point I can see here.
But maybe there could be a way? The update is still a work in progress, the Devs are actively listening to the feedback. If players like you provide enough feedback about not being able to defend a couple sites that they took, things may change.

But instead you are asking for ways to make draining sites easier and quicker. I don't find that to be particularly fun. I would much rather see many battles for the sites with players engaged in combat everywhere than sites being lost quickly, often without a single proper battle. I feel much better each time my clan wins a site after a long battle than at times when I'm taking sites without any response from the defender. For me it's not about the result, it's about having as much fun combat as possible.

I don't think any big alliances would seriously complain if they felt like they deserved a loss (either because they played badly or the attacker was well prepared and strong). The massive wave of complaints came at the time when draining an excellent yield site took 2 minutes, while the drain rate was -20 and repair rate only +5. How was it supposed to be fun to defend at such a huge disadvantage?

NazzaFire

Reaction score
Server
Europe_2
Main Char
Male
Clan
Clanless
Some additional rough ideas to throw in to reduce the impact of ally side clans:

Adrenaline rush
  • Getting Attacker or Defender status grants a buff “Adrenaline” Buff to the player that runs for 5 seconds and gets reapplied automatically as long as the player is in the building radius
  • “Adrenaline” Buff grants the ability to always use the skills on max power only in pvp attacker vs defender
  • This buffs gives ally side clans less power and reduce their influence as they will not get the buff benefits
Declare War
  • Once a clan attacks a building (or even just a player) it will be marked to be in war with the owner clan for 24 hours
  • Being in war with a clan means that the clan can not use buildings from the clan in protected state (outside of conflict)
  • Having a clear war list should make it better to handle side clans to think before they attack their ally of the to explit the system

Nice ideas

Luka Patajac

Reaction score
Server
Europe_1
Main Char
Valmort
Clan
Extra Power

Adrenaline rush
when you say building radius you refer to that circle around building right?

NazzaFire

Reaction score
Server
Europe_2
Main Char
Male
Clan
Clanless

Adrenaline rush
Declare War

I would also suggest a drain speed buff for all the attackers , according to the "adrenaline buff"

Czarna

Reaction score
Server
Europe_4
Main Char
Czarna
Clan
- Eternal -
Adrenaline rush
Interesting idea, but due to the increased cooldown of skills used with the Extra power, often times it is more beneficial to use skills without it. In some cases it might not be as much of a buff as you are expecting. But it could be helpful against players that aren't fighting back (if the Extra power bar got filled automatically without being attacked with this effect).

Hardwell

Reaction score
Server
America_2
Main Char
ZEUS
Clan
SHADOWS
I would also suggest a drain speed buff for all the attackers , according to the "adrenaline buff"
Drain speed according to classes.

Dmg (carno,rex) = fastest drain speed
Speed(peachy,ceo) = fast drain speed
Hybrid(centro,para) = slow drain speed
Tank(brachi, anky) = slowest drain speed

Hardwell

Reaction score
Server
America_2
Main Char
ZEUS
Clan
SHADOWS

Adrenaline rush
Declare War

Ngl, i think this idea was is too.... Idk man... Was it cause of yesterday eu 1 people storming the forum chat that's why all these "buffs" are created

Luka Patajac

Reaction score
Server
Europe_1
Main Char
Valmort
Clan
Extra Power
Declare War
And how would that "mark" be seen by clan whose building was attacked other than seeing their building become red?

Pleiadian

Reaction score
Server
America_1
Main Char
Rembrandt.
Clan
-
A 400% gate would take less than a minute to drain, that's physically impossible to defend EVEN if you had literal BOTS running on this game like it's some tf2 cheater match.
@Alewx

If said scenario is true, then defenders will not upgrade their site anymore.

Now attackers will complain of being outnumbered while trying to get a Basic site. Then what's next?

I literally keep bringing up this point at every constant post and you Devs keep missing it for some reason.

If you make it easier for attackers to drain, you will have defenders complaining that a Site are getting drained too quickly without being able to react or defend against Tank class, which is a fair point. Sites are being taken without a fight.

This will lead to the Site holders to not upgrade their Sites to yields that are drained too fast.

Now you will have attackers complaining that they are unable to take Sites because there are too much defenders and Sites are taking too long to be drained.

In the end, constantly changing the drain and repair rate will lead to an endless loop of complaints from both sides, with goals unmet.

I don't like your proposed idea either. Because we are reaching a point where you do not know what to implement to satisfy both sides and you are taking ideas hastily that doesn't make sense to the gameplay.

I am personally losing track of all these ideas that are being thrown around, they are at the same time difficult to keep up with while playing.

Anonymous69

Reaction score
Server
America_1
Main Char
Anonymous
Clan
RenegadoS
yeah 24 seconds to drain 1 gate, let's just make it -500 at this point
Matter of a fact, all I see in here is some bunch of people spending their entire day in here trying to convince devlopers about giving an actual advantage to the attackers and forgetting the defenders side.
I don't think they realize they'll end up in the defenders side if they ever achieve to take any portals and then all their yap here will be against them, watch them begging to turn things the way they were then

..Arcadius..

Reaction score
Server
Europe_1
Main Char
..Arcadius..
Clan
F O U N D
1713455775744.png
Back to starting point again. These changes don't really improve the gameplay or add a fun aspect to it.

Hardwell

Reaction score
Server
America_2
Main Char
ZEUS
Clan
SHADOWS
Aite here comes the eu1 stampede to distract the devs again....

Highway

Splitscreen Studios
Reaction score
Interesting idea, but due to the increased cooldown of skills used with the Extra power, often times it is more beneficial to use skills without it. In some cases it might not be as much of a buff as you are expecting. But it could be helpful against players that aren't fighting back (if the Extra power bar got filled automatically without being attacked with this effect).
Ahh valid point that the longer cooldown on max power skills can be an issue. Generally the idea with the buff is to make both, the attacker and defender stronger when they fight each other and all bystanders will be easier targets.
Possibly there is a better buff effect for that than the max power. It was choosen so far as the skills with max power usually contain buffs for crowd controll like the stun, paralize etc.

And how would that "mark" be seen by clan whose building was attacked other than seeing their building become red?
There could be an icon in the clan profile window that shows with how many clans the clan is at war with and the tooltip shows which clans and how long until the wartimer ends for the particular clan.

Its planned to remove the yield based HP and make it static if we introduce a new dynamic drain/repair

Anonymous69

Reaction score
Server
America_1
Main Char
Anonymous
Clan
RenegadoS
@Highway @Alewx I've a serious request to you guys with all respect, you are applying all this changes and updates based on only feedbacks here while actually ignoring many other players, you think you're taking your game any further with this changes but you're actually killing it, instead of taking a bunch of people here with multi forum accounts supporting their own ideas, and calling them ''the majority'', serious, why don't you consider what the actual majority thinks ? that's not fair at all as you can see here these are bored people who are considered as attackers trying to gain something out of this forum but all i see here is you cooperating with them and their multi forum accounts which is totally unfair, review your updates and changes and don't make it any worse because the current gameplay is actually not good at all

Sunshine..

Reaction score
Server
America_1
Main Char
..Nuclear..
Clan
No Clan
@Alewx

Now attackers will complain of being outnumbered while trying to get a Basic site. Then what's next?

I literally keep bringing up this point at every constant post and you Devs keep missing it for some reason.

I don't like your proposed idea either. Because we are reaching a point where you do not know what to implement to satisfy both sides and you are taking ideas hastily that doesn't make sense to the gameplay.

I am personally losing track of all these ideas that are being thrown around, they are at the same time difficult to keep up with while playing.
since there are specific times for attacks and defenses, developers are forced to fill the game with "buffs" and "nerfs" to try to balance the fight.

It just shows how having a fixed time for attacks was a terrible idea, which you yourselves supported.

Hardwell

Reaction score
Server
America_2
Main Char
ZEUS
Clan
SHADOWS
There is already . Invulnerable effect, travel sick status now adrenaline effect...... It's just too many...... I feel that it's changing alot of things and making things super complicated and messy....

Y'all just gotta throw in few more adjustment and it's more or less done....

I don't see the need for more mechanic to change how conflict in ds work....

itzmee

Reaction score
Server
Europe_1
Main Char
DinoKing
Clan
Fekete lovag
But maybe there could be a way? The update is still a work in progress, the Devs are actively listening to the feedback. If players like you provide enough feedback about not being able to defend a couple sites that they took, things may change.

But instead you are asking for ways to make draining sites easier and quicker. I don't find that to be particularly fun. I would much rather see many battles for the sites with players engaged in combat everywhere than sites being lost quickly, often without a single proper battle. I feel much better each time my clan wins a site after a long battle than at times when I'm taking sites without any response from the defender. For me it's not about the result, it's about having as much fun combat as possible.

I don't think any big alliances would seriously complain if they felt like they deserved a loss (either because they played badly or the attacker was well prepared and strong). The massive wave of complaints came at the time when draining an excellent yield site took 2 minutes, while the drain rate was -20 and repair rate only +5. How was it supposed to be fun to defend at such a huge disadvantage?

If drain quick isn't a solution to stop bully and get peace then let's keep it this way. Fair fight. Let's say we attack FOUND camps then only the members of found can attack us back. And other clan members cannot attack us. Which makes clearly a clan vs clan rather than 5 clans vs 1 clan. As u said quick drain isn't fun. Clans with no camp is too not a fun. Stop being biased. Ally in eu1 has the advantage of number of players. Make use of it. Plan how to keep members where instead of complaining that we use brachi. U cannot have whole eu1 and say it's not fair if we succeed in taking buildings. Same attacker benefits comes to u when u become attacker. When defending becomes difficult every player has the opportunity to make a clan and be leader which isn't clearly now.

itzmee

Reaction score
Server
Europe_1
Main Char
DinoKing
Clan
Fekete lovag
@Highway our(attacker) main problem is the number of players supporting each other in order to break down the attacking clan is way too much , any clan that goes against ally literally goes down , recent times in eu1 two clans were part of ally shadow reapers and saviors, now ally decided to take back their camps for what so ever reason, they tried to fight for 2 days and now the clan is dead. Earlier both the clan had full members and now they hardly have 20 members who aren't even active. Same they want to do to fekete who is fighting for it rights to getthe buildings. If ally wants to hold the entire eu1 then no point for us to attack as they want to make it so called fair when they hold the full server literally.

I request you to check how many times we tried to attack and how many times we failed. Check the success and failed attempts then u would know how difficult it is to fight 100 people.

When we attack a camp the owner clan isn't on time but other clan comes n kills us and in what way this is fair. We using brachi as anyone else can.

Stopping is use brachi is such childish complaint ally can ever do. They can too use brachi when draininh the camps which we take. They are saying we take buildings without fight. What about the ally? They take back our camps literally without any fight too. It goes both ways.