What's new

Feedback Wanted: Site Conflict Adjustments (3.2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pleiadian

Reaction score
Server
America_1
Main Char
Rembrandt.
Clan
-
It really isn't though, many of our members use different dinos like para or anky to drain, some even use rex. Also, we can kill defender brachis without any difficulty, so the same applies the other way around.

Also in normal pvp, brachi is pretty weak and easy to beat right now by staying in close combat.
What an idiotic statement. Feels like this stupidity of denying truth will never ends here.

There's a plethora of posts now that suggests otherwise with facts and data.

You're like a child throwing on a tantrum, who cannot accept facts when put in front of you.

I even recently went on the PTR and took a Site against a 1v1 defender with Branchi. I still keep doing it now, while I'm alone against multiple defenders. Even Devs acknowledge the issue.

There's multiple people on their own servers sharing their own experiences.

Many have wrote lengthy about it.

And there's only 2 people on this forum who still keeps denying it, coincidentally playing in the same server. And it's because of you people that the argument never stop. You come here and write nonsense provocative posts.

And despite all these posts where you wrote your support for the Branchi arguments, you never once shared it with some numbers or data to back up your arguments, it's always the same spammy posts, "my friend was able to kill Branchi"

Hardwell

Reaction score
Server
America_2
Main Char
ZEUS
Clan
SHADOWS
Whichever the fix and changes is heading towards I hope it can achieve the few following

1) non static pvp battles near site

2) longer conflict battles at least (45-50 mins)

3) require better decision making on how to plant your members to achieve some sort of success in defending gates which will naturally encourage clans to upgrade yield and also stop map trading.

4) require more planning and decision on risk and reward thinking to achieve the best for the clan.... Whether they should conserve and retain gate but upgrade yield or they should go for full attack and steal gates etc.
I think current PTR manged to solved the 3rd point of tactical and dynamic planning of clan mate to secure objective. 😃 and also touches a little on the 2nd point of longer house of conflict phase...

I hope the dev team could move forward to tackle on the 1st and 4th point of non static pvp battle through some "special trait" of gate and some cool healing mechanics 😁.

By tackling the 1st and 4th point naturally the 2nd point will be solved :3
Looking forward for next ptr 😎

itzmee

Reaction score
Server
Europe_1
Main Char
DinoKing
Clan
Fekete lovag
What an idiotic statement. Feels like this stupidity of denying truth will never ends here.

There's a plethora of posts now that suggests otherwise with facts and data.

You're like a child throwing on a tantrum, who cannot accept facts when put in front of you.

I even recently went on the PTR and took a Site against a 1v1 defender with Branchi. I still keep doing it now, while I'm alone against multiple defenders. Even Devs acknowledge the issue.

There's multiple people on their own servers sharing their own experiences.

Many have wrote lengthy about it.

And there's only 2 people on this forum who still keeps denying it, coincidentally playing in the same server. And it's because of you people that the argument never stop. You come here and write nonsense provocative posts.

And despite all these posts where you wrote your support for the Branchi arguments, you never once shared it with some numbers or data to back up your arguments, it's always the same spammy posts, "my friend was able to kill Branchi"
U think this forum belongs to u and ur ally members?
PPL can give replies to anyone here. And what he wrote makes sense and u are the one with idiotic statements here.spamming the entire forum with memes and crying about players using dino.
He wrote that he was able to kill brachi when some players claim to its difficult to kill it. This is how it should be on forum listening both sides.
It's a GAME and not everything needs solution from developers just play it and stop crying over here.

Pleiadian

Reaction score
Server
America_1
Main Char
Rembrandt.
Clan
-
He wrote that he was able to kill brachi when some players claim to its difficult to kill it
The difference between the argument you are presenting and the counter argument is that, you're not presenting any evidence to back up your claim, you're simply saying "this guy killed tank" you kept spamming the same thing over and over without any proof and you're getting agressive against anyone who's opposing your views and don't agree with you.

While the other people who are against Branchio case, are presenting evidence to back up their claim.

As result, their point got acknowledged, and now you keep on spamming with the same thing over and over, again without any evidence.

It should still not be the one and only option to play, because nothing else can beat it.

Queenie

Reaction score
Server
Europe_1
Main Char
- Goldilocks -
Clan
Beloved and Hated
The forum thread is for people to give feedback from the testing with pictures, videos etc. Yes, everyone can state their opinions and ideas, but not always the ideas and opinions make sense. Unfortunately, the attackers from eu1 only yap and dont show any screenshots/videos of why certain things should be improved or changed. Not to mention certain people, like you stated, are here only to instantly disagree with anything that's supposed to bring proper balance and start arguying with people trying to state why their idea is good without anything to back it up other than their alt/other clan members.

Alewx

Splitscreen Studios
Reaction score
I think current PTR manged to solved the 3rd point of tactical and dynamic planning of clan mate to secure objective. 😃 and also touches a little on the 2nd point of longer house of conflict phase...

I hope the dev team could move forward to tackle on the 1st and 4th point of non static pvp battle through some "special trait" of gate and some cool healing mechanics 😁.

By tackling the 1st and 4th point naturally the 2nd point will be solved :3
Looking forward for next ptr 😎
So far the data is not that much to really give a good overview. There might be some tendencies but difficult to say at this point.

Hardwell

Reaction score
Server
America_2
Main Char
ZEUS
Clan
SHADOWS
So far the data is not that much to really give a good overview. There might be some tendencies but difficult to say at this point.
Yeah cause different server have different dynamic .... Each conflict will be different between active server , semi server and dead server but hopefully we can try to achieve the middle point that all can enjoy and benefit from upcoming updates and changes...

Hardwell

Reaction score
Server
America_2
Main Char
ZEUS
Clan
SHADOWS
And I played a new server and noticed that active server wars are ending in 10-15 mins... Semi server wars end in 20-35 mins. So is due to afk tank drain meta creating this unenjoyable and static war.. with this data it's apparent a change is needed and fix is a must as this will benefit 2 type of server the actives one and the semi ones. As the active ones after new changes war could hopefully last for 35-45 mins and semi server wars could last for 40-55 mins. Both type of server will benefit from the update and changes it's not like the update will make 1 server unbalanced and another server balanced creating unfair scenario.

Czarna

Reaction score
Server
Europe_4
Main Char
Czarna
Clan
- Eternal -
i wish there were a better way to tell who is going to get the gate when it's close like that. an indicator or something, i dunno. i think i'm also just partially frustrated because i'm still figuring out all the ins and outs of this update.
As a mean of convenience, this is a much needed one.

Every attacker would want to know whether or not he's about to get the tower, or if he drained the most compared to other attacker.
I disagree. In the current game state we do not need this feature. While I do understand that the update introduced a lot of changes and it may be difficult to take them all in, such a change (combined with other mechanics brought by this update) would only put small attacking clans at a huge disadvantage. Here is exactly what would happen if such a change got introduced:

1) Site exchange scenario
The alliance would gather online and split to drain the sites like usual. At some point, they are going to notice some attacked sites that shouldn't currently be under attack (= it's one of their enemies draining, someone who isn't a part of the exchange). They would now have the exact information (name of the clan that drained the most, possibly even the exact amount) and all they need to do is send in the owner of that site to quickly kill the enemy and heal the site exactly for the needed amount for a safe takeover. The small attacking clan won't be able to use the same strategy most of the time - they are attacking their enemies, they are not going to heal their site for them to be able to deal more damage to it.

And while all this is still possible (and it happens a lot) currently on the live server, you can see how overpowered it actually becomes when the game provides all information. The lack of exact information, the uncertainty are the only factors that allow those smaller clans to take sites.

2) Site defense scenario
Now the defending ally can all gather in the attacked site with the site owner healing it. After the site is healed enough, a new defending ally clan with 1 member could take the site - wasting all the effort made by the attackers - and the site would return to it's previous owner during the next Vulnerable phase.

Before this update actually got introduced, I kept thinking that it would be nice to see a ranking displayed with all the clans and how much damage they dealt to the site in total. But with the way the update actually played out I only see it as another detriment to the gameplay. We should focus on fixing the current problems and making the game more fun - and maybe then, with the other changes, this feature could be in a good healthy place as a nice QoL addition.

Igaflys

Reaction score
Server
America_4
Main Char
...BoBo...
Clan
xxxSTAR_STORMxxx
Hmm what about not using 2nd skill EP of rex so it only targets 1 person?
My feedback already refers to only one attacked mob - that's battle cried towards the wall but instead it's running into alpha or vet. Already casting again 2nd skill with ep would neither get me easily killed or made me loose my hunt (since when mobs run too far away they're 'loosing interest in being your prey').

Luka Patajac

Reaction score
Server
Europe_1
Main Char
Valmort
Clan
Extra Power
My feedback already refers to only one attacked mob - that's battle cried towards the wall but instead it's running into alpha or vet. Already casting again 2nd skill with ep would neither get me easily killed or made me loose my hunt (since when mobs run too far away they're 'loosing interest in being your prey').
you refer to mobs running too far and therefor "evade" function is activated?

DarkMyth.

Reaction score
Server
Europe_1
Main Char
DarkMyth.
Clan
Aces
Even in PTR you can see players afk draining sites to take over, that’s the issues we face in live servers as well

If you battlecry the attacker outside the site he walks back in, he’s not really “away” just standing and watching you shoot him
cuDgLShqTE2jP8uBa-E2mg.png

Highway

Splitscreen Studios
Reaction score
Did you try to use your EP to kill the brachi faster, for example with the rex bleed?

DarkMyth.

Reaction score
Server
Europe_1
Main Char
DarkMyth.
Clan
Aces
Did you try to use your EP to kill the brachi faster, for example with the rex bleed?
Even if you kill him you don’t have time to heal even half of the site’s hp before he respawns and comes back, but yeah obviously we try to kill them as fast as possible but the site is already his no matter what

Luka Patajac

Reaction score
Server
Europe_1
Main Char
Valmort
Clan
Extra Power
Even if you kill him you don’t have time to heal even half of the site’s hp before he respawns and comes back, but yeah obviously we try to kill them as fast as possible but the site is already his no matter what
In ptr they even kit if its just one defender and still tkae over site because they have enough hp to do so before they die again.

Luka Patajac

Reaction score
Server
Europe_1
Main Char
Valmort
Clan
Extra Power
As long as they can come back to draining they will get site because their hp is still pretty high which makes them harder kill if you need to stay and heal site.

Mania

Reaction score
Server
America_2
Main Char
-I- Mercy -I-
Clan
Peace Walkers
@Pleiadian this was one of ur friends replies and u don't have any problem with this?
This guy doesn't even know what he is talking about. He says he has no idea about how his opponent got and expects he should have got the camp but his opponent got it and again with this statement u and ur friends expect Dev's to do something about some dino? What a clown can u be.
first of all, i ain't even a man you weirdo.

second, i don't know how my opponent got it because for all intents and purposes i did the same thing i've been doing and for all intents and purposes when my clan drains sites down to 48% they seem to be pretty much guaranteed for us. we killed the brachi just before we hit 50%. so we managed to get it down to 48% before he was able to come back and drain more. so by all accounts from what i have experienced in this update so far, it should not have gone to my enemy. that's what i mean by "i have no idea how he got it." although you seem to think i just have no idea how the game works which i'm pretty sure from my other comments here should tell you otherwise.

DarkMyth.

Reaction score
Server
Europe_1
Main Char
DarkMyth.
Clan
Aces
In ptr they even kit if its just one defender and still tkae over site because they have enough hp to do so before they die again.
Not only in PTR, many players can afford kits and gels on live servers and are doing the same hence why all these complaints about the same topic

Sunshine..

Reaction score
Server
America_2
Main Char
..Nuclear..
Clan
No Clan
Even in PTR you can see players afk draining sites to take over, that’s the issues we face in live servers as well

If you battlecry the attacker outside the site he walks back in, he’s not really “away” just standing and watching you shoot him
View attachment 48063
This type of problem will only be resolved when the drainage is paused when there is a defender in the circle

It doesn't make sense to lose a portal, if you are alive, inside the circle and defending XD

DarkMyth.

Reaction score
Server
Europe_1
Main Char
DarkMyth.
Clan
Aces
This type of problem will only be resolved when the drainage is paused when there is a defender in the circle

It doesn't make sense to lose a portal, if you are alive, inside the circle and defending XD
This is exactly what I’ve been trying to say.

Devs successfully made it that third-parties cannot help their ally defend, but how can this clan which is trying to hold sites actually “hold” if they’re forced to lose it?

How do you expect clans who are fighting to hold sites to be motivated when whatever they do they’re losing anyways, their DDs are getting wasted on yields while attackers are stealing this fame with the minimal effort and no DDs being spent except from dying

Then we are surprised on why sites are being swapped and some servers aren’t upgrading yields, well here’s why

Pleiadian

Reaction score
Server
America_1
Main Char
Rembrandt.
Clan
-
Using EP has definitely helped kill the tank faster.

Maybe 30% faster. (just an estimation)

But the Site was already lost. I've been using Branchio to drain all weekend on PTR, and a common theme I've noticed is that once I'm dead, I simply spawn at the nearest available point and go to the Site again to drain it, despite multiple defenders on Site, I still take the building.

Defenders have no way of preventing the Site lost because repair rate is quite low compared to the amount they need to repair to. And if we factor in the attackers drain points, it's an even uglier case for the defender.

I think we need to modify the repair points.

itzmee

Reaction score
Server
Europe_1
Main Char
DinoKing
Clan
Fekete lovag

View attachment 48063
And why are u standing far away from him while u can attack him with ur dino with EP?

Czarna

Reaction score
Server
Europe_4
Main Char
Czarna
Clan
- Eternal -
But the Site was already lost. I've been using Branchio to drain all weekend on PTR, and a common theme I've noticed is that once I'm dead, I simply spawn at the nearest available point and go to the Site again to drain it, despite multiple defenders on Site, I still take the building.

Defenders have no way of preventing the Site lost because repair rate is quite low compared to the amount they need to repair to. And if we factor in the attackers drain points, it's an even uglier case for the defender.

I think we need to modify the repair points.
Its not a bug. Read the change log carefully. You need to keep the attackers away from the building. How are 8 defenders not able to take down a single attacker?
Taking down a single attacker once doesn't matter in that scenario. The only thing that matters is defending a site. The attacker can still drain the site while he is being attacked by the defenders. He isn't fighting back, which means that he can survive a long time on a tank dino. If the defenders cannot heal the damage he dealt to the site before he comes back they are in a losing battle. If the attacker chooses to repeatedly run back to the same site, that site becomes impossible to defend (unless the defenders find a way to defeat him before he can get close enough). The problem only becomes more apparent with the usage of Recovery Kits - there is no journey to the site and it can be attacked with no end until its fully drained.
Like I said months before, as long as defenders are unable to heal their site before the enemies can return to it, they are in a losing battle. If the attackers have enough dds, they can walk to that site repeatedly until it falls. The drain rate is too high to realistically expect such a battle to last longer than an hour. This is why people started trading sites on so many servers - they felt that the defense is hopeless. To defend successfully in such a "meta" (walking towards a site repeatedly on tanks) you need a much higher number of players than the attackers have. You need players that will heal the site and then multiple players on all sites that are surrounding the target site (and sites that may be connected to it with jump links) that will keep the attackers away for as long as possible and try to kill them. All that for a couple brachios on one site. But what if you have more than one site? While the attackers should have chances to obtain the sites, the defenders can't feel like there is nothing they can do (especially if they are more numerous than the attackers). The battle for sites should be engaging, with both sides feeling rewarded for their efforts.

- Leyenda -

Reaction score
Server
America_5
Main Char
- Leyenda -
Clan
-GLadiadores-
Like I said months before, as long as defenders are unable to heal their site before the enemies can return to it, they are in a losing battle. If the attackers have enough dds, they can walk to that site repeatedly until it falls. The drain rate is too high to realistically expect such a battle to last longer than an hour. This is why people started trading sites on so many servers - they felt that the defense is hopeless. To defend successfully in such a "meta" (walking towards a site repeatedly on tanks) you need a much higher number of players than the attackers have. You need players that will heal the site and then multiple players on all sites that are surrounding the target site (and sites that may be connected to it with jump links) that will keep the attackers away for as long as possible and try to kill them. All that for a couple brachios on one site. But what if you have more than one site? While the attackers should have chances to obtain the sites, the defenders can't feel like there is nothing they can do (especially if they are more numerous than the attackers). The battle for sites should be engaging, with both sides feeling rewarded for their efforts.
It is logical, we all know that, it is better to exchange a portal than defend it, since you cannot defend it when they empty it in 4 minutes and you do not heal even 20% of what the attackers drain and 8 minutes if the attacker does nothing, just be in the circle

Queenie

Reaction score
Server
Europe_1
Main Char
- Goldilocks -
Clan
Beloved and Hated
Here is a link to 3 videos i have recorded during attack phase on a live server
one is where me and other player try to kill brachi, another one is me defending with gate owner against 1 para
and another is defending against 1 brachi and 1 para
I apologise beforehand that in one of them will be background music

Highway

Splitscreen Studios
Reaction score
PTR testing looked good and was already an improvement compared to live. So it will go live tomorow.

Sure it does not resolve all issues but that was expected as this is just the next iteration before we going to directly change the site conflict mechanics.

Queenie

Reaction score
Server
Europe_1
Main Char
- Goldilocks -
Clan
Beloved and Hated
I was trying to show quite the opposite but you do you
We will see how tomorrow's update will go

HectorBector

Reaction score
Server
Europe_4
Main Char
Devil
Clan
Zsidók
30+ defenders share options all the attackers banned or where they lol the devs make update base on option of defenders i scared to log

Status
Not open for further replies.