Funkeria

Reaction score
Server
America_4
Main Char
chunkyfunkycentro
Clan
am4 TwerkTeam
If you want any DEV to answer in this thread, just badmouth them, it always works for me.

And a personal question for all of you: why do you still care about this game?
mi herd of gados

Highway

Splitscreen Studios
Reaction score
Sorry for the long silence on this topic. We had our heads spinning for quite some time and were heads down on a big Pirate Galaxy content update that is getting closer to get finished. (Sidenote: Pirate Galaxy & Dino Storm need each other and also share the same technical foundation. There is no favouritism involved and we try to balance our resources as good as possible between both games with a 6 people strong team :sneaky: )

It might not feel like it, but previous updates already paved the way for a few things that we need for the endgame updates to come in Dino Storm (splitting event achievement scores, monstrous dinosaurs spawned by lure cake). Right now we could find a good time slot to continue working on the complex design for the “Endgame Mechanics” for Dino Storm.

The last outline we have presented here to you was just a basic draft/overview to get your feedback on it. We tried to incorporate it, to make it better so you will hopefully enjoy it. We are planning to separate the Endgame update into three parts, which allows us to release them earlier. Here are the parts in order for their release.

• Part 1 (Jump Gates, ‘Celebrity’ Store, Tokens)
  • Part 2 (Townhall & Memorial rework)
  • Part 3 (Game building combat rework)

Let me give you a glimpse on what Part 1 will have in store for you:

Jump Gates
Players can build jump gates (map shortcuts) manually by placing entry and exit points on the map where they want them to be (with some restrictions). Jump gate construction kits are obtainable through “Tokens” from the “Celebrity Store”. All players can use these jump gate shortcuts in both directions to quickly traverse the map.

Protection After Map Transition & Teleport
Players will get a status effect that makes them invincible for a few seconds upon entering a map or when teleporting within the same map. The status effect will get deactivated early if the player is engaging in combat by using an attack or skill.

Celebrity Store (Token Store)
Dinoville makes room at the centre of the city for a new store to open its doors. This store will feature only items obtainable through a special currency item we call “Token” (names of store and currency are most likely to change later from our internal naming). Items are exclusive and some of them are locked only for sheriffs to purchase. With part 1 the store will have the new Jump Gate Construction Kits on offer, as well as a few other nice items.

Dinoville Tokens (Exchange Currency)
Tokens represent the currency used to purchase items from the "Celebrity Store". Designed for the endgame, they will ultimately be obtainable through town hall elections. But as this mechanic will be released later in a separate update, we will make Tokens available through other fitting ways that are available with the current game mechanics.

We hope that you will enjoy the use and construction of the “Jump Gates” as they allow you to have map shortcuts (almost) wherever you want them to be. Let us know your feedback and we are looking forward to releasing it to you later this year.

Last edited:

blackdude

Reaction score
Server
Europe_1
Main Char
-I-Jeishin-I-
Clan
Army Of Darkness
Sorry for the long silence on this topic. We had our heads spinning for quite some time and were heads down on a big Pirate Galaxy content update that is getting closer to get finished. (Sidenote: Pirate Galaxy & Dino Storm need each other and also share the same technical foundation. There is no favouritism involved and we try to balance our resources as good as possible between both games with a 6 people strong team :sneaky: )

It might not feel like it, but previous updates already paved the way for a few things that we need for the endgame updates to come in Dino Storm (splitting event achievement scores, monstrous dinosaurs spawned by lure cake). Right now we could find a good time slot to continue working on the complex design for the “Endgame Mechanics” for Dino Storm.

The last outline we have presented here to you was just a basic draft/overview to get your feedback on it. We tried to incorporate it, to make it better so you will hopefully enjoy it. We are planning to separate the Endgame update into three parts, which allows us to release them earlier. Here are the parts in order for their release.

Jump Gates
Players can build jump gates (map shortcuts) manually by placing entry and exit points on the map where they want them to be (with some restrictions). Jump gate construction kits are obtainable through “Tokens” from the “Celebrity Store”. All players can use these jump gate shortcuts in both directions to quickly traverse the map.

Players will get a status effect that makes them invincible for a few seconds upon entering a map or when teleporting within the same map. The status effect will get deactivated early if the player is engaging in combat by using an attack or skill.

Dinoville makes room at the centre of the city for a new store to open its doors. This store will feature only items obtainable through a special currency item we call “Token” (names of store and currency are most likely to change later from our internal naming). Items are exclusive and some of them are locked only for sheriffs to purchase. With part 1 the store will have the new Jump Gate Construction Kits on offer, as well as a few other nice items.

Tokens represent the currency used to purchase items from the "Celebrity Store". Designed for the endgame, they will ultimately be obtainable through town hall elections. But as this mechanic will be released later in a separate update, we will make Tokens available through other fitting ways that are available with the current game mechanics.

We hope that you will enjoy the use and construction of the “Jump Gates” as they allow you to have map shortcuts (almost) wherever you want them to be. Let us know your feedback and we are looking forward to releasing it to you later this year.
I think the update is very nice and logical, but how will people who have previously won the city hall election get these tokens?

Pleiadian

Reaction score
Server
America_1
Main Char
Rembrandt.
Clan
-
Jump Gates
Basically, it would have the feature of the Teleport Matrix but with a plus- which is allowing other players to use it too.

I'd rather stay neutral on this item until I see its limitations.

Limitations as in- what are its duration, how many players can use it to pass through the Jump Gates until it's gone and etc...

Dinoville makes room at the centre of the city for a new store to open its doors. This store will feature only items obtainable through a special currency item we call “Token” (names of store and currency are most likely to change later from our internal naming). Items are exclusive and some of them are locked only for sheriffs to purchase.
Just an improvement upon that idea.

Consider making "exclusive" items extra exclusive, have them on sale for a limited amount of time, (and never sell them again- not even in sales for Sheriff or whatever.) for X amount of Dinoville Tokens. I believe this would push players to fight more for such items.

Last year for Easter Event Sales, there was a red camouflage skin that went on sale, and only a few could have the opportunity to purchase it before it was removed. It was a beautiful skin considered "rare" among players since we didn't know if it would be available on sale again or not.

The main reason many are eagerly waiting for this update is to see what impact will it have on big alliances that controls servers- and not much for celebrity stores or any cosmetic additions.

Last edited:

trabzon

Reaction score
Server
Europe_4
Main Char
Flo Rida
Clan
Good Feeling
I think the update is very nice and logical, but how will people who have previously won the city hall election get these tokens?
They will give it already i guess

slejd2001

Reaction score
Server
Europe_3
Main Char
-R_3_V-3_N-A-N_T-
Clan
-I-Edgerunners-I-
we will make Tokens available through other fitting ways that are available with the current game mechanics.
could you tell what those ways are or at least could be?

slejd2001

Reaction score
Server
Europe_3
Main Char
-R_3_V-3_N-A-N_T-
Clan
-I-Edgerunners-I-
would jump gates be possible to destroy?

FwtisTz

Reaction score
Server
Europe_2
Main Char
Natsu_Dragneel
Clan
Legends
they said that it will be possible to re-apply on the same election even if you already got it but not possible to apply on an election you havent got yet, for example if you are sheriff you can re-apply to sheriff and all the others below but if you are like ranger you wont be able to apply on any of the above unless you win them first pretty much how current system works step by step

Highway

Splitscreen Studios
Reaction score
Its planned on Part 2 of the update that you aquire the tokens by winning the elections in the townhall. Higher positions give more than lower ones. You can use your fame to apply to the offices to win them.

Limitations as in- what are its duration, how many players can use it to pass through the Jump Gates until it's gone and etc...
Its planned that the "Jump Gates" stay for 24hours. The duration can be extended up to a week by all users that want it to run longer with Dino Dollar (crowd funded). Every player can use it for free as much as they like until its its gone.

1. could you tell what those ways are or at least could be?
2. would jump gates be possible to destroy?
1. Its planned to use the Auction house for it and possibly a achievement chain to get your first tokens. It is controlled how much is added to the economy of the game as the tokens are very valuable.
2. Destuction is not planned right now. They will break down after a certain time. See answer above.

Pleiadian

Reaction score
Server
America_1
Main Char
Rembrandt.
Clan
-
Few points I've missed earlier.

The status effect will get deactivated early if the player is engaging in combat by using an attack or skill.
What about the transition between Jump gates while in combat mode?

Scenario: An enemy is chasing me and I try to escape to another map using a Jump gate. Would that be possible or I will have to wait until I am no longer in combat mode?

Its planned that the "Jump Gates" stay for 24hours. The duration can be extended up to a week by all users that want it to run longer with Dino Dollar (crowd funded). Every player can use it for free as much as they like until its its gone.
Minor issue with crowdfunded Jump gates

There will be a situation where everyone would have the mentality "Ohh let him spend his Dino Dollars to extend the span of this Jump Gate so that I can use it for free later''

In this regard, wouldn't it be better that the Jump Gates have a sort of "tax" fee to every player using it? - perhaps the tax fee could either go to the player who spawns the Jump Gate or the fee is used to keep the Jump Gate running.

Dinoville makes room at the centre of the city for a new store to open its doors.
I've noticed before that you've been trying to implement that update gradually with the Anniversary Event where we're able to Lure Monsters in a map, when could we expect that first part of the Endgame update to (100%) hit live servers?

Last edited:

Pleiadian

Reaction score
Server
America_1
Main Char
Rembrandt.
Clan
-
1. Its planned to use the Auction house for it and possibly a achievement chain to get your first tokens.
I really like the anonymity of the Auction House, but I never use it because I never know what is the least amount that the previous bidder has bid. Thus it leaves me guessing a number until it slowly eats Dino Dollars.

A simple request in order to make the Auction House more "usable" for the everyday players.

Allow that the Dino Dollars of the previous bidder be seen. While still keeping the previous bidder's identity anonymous of course!

Highway

Splitscreen Studios
Reaction score
What about the transition between Jump gates while in combat mode?

Scenario: An enemy is chasing me and I try to escape to another map using a Jump gate. Would that be possible or I will have to wait until I am no longer in combat mode?
It planned to work similar as using regular gates. As long you are in combat you can not use it and while you are transitioning an attacks on your dino will abort the jump. The transition time might be shorter than regular teleports though.

In this regard, wouldn't it be better that the Jump Gates have a sort of "tax" fee to every player using it? - perhaps the tax fee could either go to the player who spawns the Jump Gate or the fee is used to keep the Jump Gate running.
This is actually a pretty good idea. It would make popular gates staying active longer when they are used often and everyone using it contributes to it. At least it ensures that the live time gets extended and it is not hoping for generous players to donate DD to it. The DD tax fee will be depending on the player level though due to the DD inflation. We think about this in the team.

when could we expect that first part of the Endgame update to (100%) hit live servers?
We can not give you an 100% date ;). Effort planning is not fully done but as soon we know a more clear time frame we will post it here.

I really like the anonymity of the Auction House, but I never use it because I never know what is the least amount that the previous bidder has bid. Thus it leaves me guessing a number until it slowly eats Dino Dollars.
We will evaluate this as well and it might be an option for only specfic auctions.

Galaxy

Reaction score
Server
America_5
Main Char
Galax
Clan
No clan

Jump Gates

and the map modifications, which stage will it reach? 🤔

razeryox

Reaction score
Server
Europe_3
Main Char
-I- R A Z E R -I-
Clan
Moon Star

Jump Gates

OK, this sounds good but to make updates happen faster you need more developers maybe the double so players won't wait for months or years for an update to improve game play.

Pleiadian

Reaction score
Server
America_1
Main Char
Rembrandt.
Clan
-
I have a feeling that they replaced the idea of opening paths on the map, with these "jump gates"
Doubt it.

Changing maps layout is a must. They know it's a problem and nobody is satisfied with the current maps. And they have said they'll change it at the end to avoid changing it multiple times.

And the Jump Gate doesn't solve anything, in fact, this thing is already limited in many ways as I can see it.

Galaxy

Reaction score
Server
America_5
Main Char
Galax
Clan
No clan
Doubt it.

Changing maps layout is a must. They know it's a problem and nobody is satisfied with the current maps. And they have said they'll change it at the end to avoid changing it multiple times.

And the Jump Gate doesn't solve anything, in fact, this thing is already limited in many ways as I can see it.
if they are going to open paths through the maps, why would they create the "jump gates"?

well i hope you are right.

I agree that this "jump gate" idea doesn't seem very promising, because there is already a very similar mechanic with it, which are the teleportation matrix. "jump gate" is simply a teleportation matrix with improvements...

and not to mention that it will cause even more imbalance in wars, as the dominant alliance will reach the attackers even faster and eradicate the attack quickly for example...

OrionZG

Reaction score
Server
America_2
Main Char
WandersZ.
Clan
@Highway What about the building game? Are there more ideas apart from bandits attacking us?

What other items are already planned for the token store?

What will happen to the players who applied to get the tyrannosaurus and find out that they lost their progress due to a change in the town hall?

Last edited:

OrionZG

Reaction score
Server
America_2
Main Char
WandersZ.
Clan
2. Destuction is not planned right now. They will break down after a certain time. See answer above.
There is also the possibility of destroying buildings? That would be interesting.

and not to mention that it will cause even more imbalance in wars, as the dominant alliance will reach the attackers even faster and eradicate the attack quickly for example...
good point, but I think it will remain the same for attackers and useful if you know how to use it. We would have to test this to verify it.

Last edited:

Pleiadian

Reaction score
Server
America_1
Main Char
Rembrandt.
Clan
-
if they are going to open paths through the maps, why would they create the "jump gates"?
I see this item in the same category as Teleport Matrix, Compact Recovery Kit, and Gels.

Just a special addition.

I agree that this "jump gate" idea doesn't seem very promising, because there is already a very similar mechanic with it, which are the teleportation matrix. "jump gate" is simply a teleportation matrix with improvements...
Agree and Disagree, I see some use to it.

With the current information about this item, the current best scenario where this item would be used is..

1. All gates are red and I cannot teleport to another map using traditional Travel Gates (because when player have duelist status, they cannot use a Travel Gate under attack), so I teleport to another map using the nearest available Jump Gate that a player has set up.

2. Here's another example.

When my map is Goldfield and it is under attack, all gates red, instead of me having to run the whole way from Insley to Lowell, I'll setup a Jump Gate which will reduce my time it takes to reach that point.

In case there's no war, then I will setup this Jump Gate points in Dinoville and Maujak- just to avoid the high cost while using traditional Travel Gate.

If you're referring to, defender reaching a point fast while you're still draining a gate to take it (as an attacker) then yes it would be troublesome.

Same situation if maps layout are modified for a more "open" gameplay.

In this case, they would have to rework the mechanic of draining a gates.

Instead of a Travel gates/ Claim being drained in about 8 minutes, it should be reduced to somewhere around 4-5 minutes.

Fairness for both attackers & defenders.

Galaxy

Reaction score
Server
America_5
Main Char
Galax
Clan
No clan
I see this item in the same category as Teleport Matrix, Compact Recovery Kit, and Gels.

Just a special addition.

Agree and Disagree, I see some use to it.

With the current information about this item, the current best scenario where this item would be used is..

1. All gates are red and I cannot teleport to another map using traditional Travel Gates (because when player have duelist status, they cannot use a Travel Gate under attack), so I teleport to another map using the nearest available Jump Gate that a player has set up.

2. Here's another example.

When my map is Goldfield and it is under attack, all gates red, instead of me having to run the whole way from Insley to Lowell, I'll setup a Jump Gate which will reduce my time it takes to reach that point.

In case there's no war, then I will setup this Jump Gate points in Dinoville and Maujak- just to avoid the high cost while using traditional Travel Gate.

If you're referring to, defender reaching a point fast while you're still draining a gate to take it (as an attacker) then yes it would be troublesome.

Same situation if maps layout are modified for a more "open" gameplay.

In this case, they would have to rework the mechanic of draining a gates.

Instead of a Travel gates/ Claim being drained in about 8 minutes, it should be reduced to somewhere around 4-5 minutes.

Fairness for both attackers & defenders.
I don't think it will be possible to teleport to other maps with the "jump gate".

I believe it will only be possible to teleport anywhere on the local map.

wouldn't it be very OP to teleport to any location on any map and still with free cost?

players would simply stop using the regular gates

slejd2001

Reaction score
Server
Europe_3
Main Char
-R_3_V-3_N-A-N_T-
Clan
-I-Edgerunners-I-
i think good idea would be to keep both options, the tax fee and donating dd to the jump gate, like if high enough number of players would teleport, then it could stay by itself up to 1 week, but if players number using it would be too low, but somebody would like to still keep it going, then also should be able to donate dd

OrionZG

Reaction score
Server
America_2
Main Char
WandersZ.
Clan
1 week seems like a long time to me, what if the jump gate disappears when no donations are received for an hour?

I mean I'm worried that there won't be a limit of jump gates on the map (there probably will be), it would be excessive and unbalanced to use jump gates per week (for dominant clans). Although for part 3 we will have a way to destroy them (?).

OrionZG

Reaction score
Server
America_2
Main Char
WandersZ.
Clan
Another topic that is not discussed much is supplies. What will happen to them? Will they continue to be purchased with gold or can they be obtained by another method?

One of the main reasons why clans/small clans cannot fight against monopolistic clans is that they simply do not have gold, and without gold there are no supplies.

Also, with this update (part 3), I don't know what the use of supplies will be like or how many changes there will be to the buildings. According to the devs we will have more wars, which means we will spend more supplies and which also means that if we don't have a change to the supply mechanics, we will continue with the imbalance of Pay To Win.

Draxth

Reaction score
Server
Europe_3
Main Char
- Draxth -
Clan
Infinite Order
hey @Highway its not enought news after we all waited a lot, something else? its been 1 year since this update been announced and we literally know nothing

KH03

Reaction score
Server
Asia_1
Main Char
Scourge
Clan
Black
devs be like, "LETS cancel it, we are not going to rework the map, it will cause a lot of bugs and money too, lets just add jump gate instead and then make it more complicated" how about we rework teleport matrix? the room is "the room is silent"

Status
Not open for further replies.