Not open for further replies.

OrionZG

Reaction score
Server
America_2
Main Char
WandersZ.
Clan
devs be like, "LETS cancel it, we are not going to rework the map, it will cause a lot of bugs and money too, lets just add jump gate instead and then make it more complicated" how about we rework teleport matrix? the room is "the room is silent"
but the maps will be in the third part xddxd

Galaxy

Reaction score
Server
America_5
Main Char
Galax
Clan
No clan
but the maps will be in the third part xddxd
but the third part is about combat, stealing fame, mobs attacking portals etc... as the devs had mentioned 1 year ago, what does about maps have to do with the third stage?

If they're going to change the maps, I don't see the point in "jump gates..."

modifying the maps is something big and the developer did not mention at any time about the maps...

So, @Highway , does the idea of modifying the maps continue or not?

OrionZG

Reaction score
Server
America_2
Main Char
WandersZ.
Clan
but the third part is about combat, stealing fame, mobs attacking portals etc... as the devs had mentioned 1 year ago, what does about maps have to do with the third stage?

Sorry but the focus right now is the design for the Endgame mechanics. Because the endgame mechanics will also look at the game building combat to earn fame, the map layout is indirectly affected by it. We have several ideas but they must go hand in hand with the game building mechanics to avoid that we need to change the maps again afterwards.
Basically what they don't want is for an imbalance to be generated through routes and game building.

For example, let's say that today they open new routes to the maps. The insley-moore road returns as before, however, Game Buildings offers us an option to destroy or disable a building. This would be a problem for insley and moore, because they are very close, which will generate an imbalance in these two gates, since they will be easy points and cannot be used for a long time. I mean, it very much depends on what game buildings (EVEN TOKEN STORE ITEMS, like Jump Gates) are added, as some might (maybe) favor defense/offense or not.

that is why Highway mentions that they do not want to make changes to the maps several times, because they want to avoid these kinds of problems that do not benefit the gameplay.

Last edited:

FwtisTz

Reaction score
Server
Europe_2
Main Char
Natsu_Dragneel
Clan
Legends
i never understood the idea of making every map 1 way in and 1 way out. older versions were more than good and actually fun travelling through and doing wars.

OrionZG

Reaction score
Server
America_2
Main Char
WandersZ.
Clan
i never understood the idea of making every map 1 way in and 1 way out. older versions were more than good and actually fun travelling through and doing wars.
It is linear because it is supposed to give a better progression of levels xd

but mokon woods and goldfields don't feel like before (dangerous maps)

Last edited:

FwtisTz

Reaction score
Server
Europe_2
Main Char
Natsu_Dragneel
Clan
Legends
It is linear because it is supposed to give a better progression of levels xd

but mokon woods and goldfields don't feel like before (dangerous maps)
i understand the level thing but there is nothing that makes the maps unique except for their appearance. 1 way road back and forth. it just feels dumb like this. there could be many way to implement the leveling progress from easy to hard instead of forcing the game from dv to mm into a highway

Pleiadian

Reaction score
Server
America_1
Main Char
Rembrandt.
Clan
-
Developers have not updated this thread for about 1 year and players no longer open to check it anymore.

The lack of feedback on the recent developer post shows it.

Sunshine..

Reaction score
Server
America_1
Main Char
..Nuclear..
Clan
No Clan
Sorry for the long silence on this topic. We had our heads spinning for quite some time and were heads down on a big Pirate Galaxy content update that is getting closer to get finished. (Sidenote: Pirate Galaxy & Dino Storm need each other and also share the same technical foundation. There is no favouritism involved and we try to balance our resources as good as possible between both games with a 6 people strong team :sneaky: )

It might not feel like it, but previous updates already paved the way for a few things that we need for the endgame updates to come in Dino Storm (splitting event achievement scores, monstrous dinosaurs spawned by lure cake). Right now we could find a good time slot to continue working on the complex design for the “Endgame Mechanics” for Dino Storm.

The last outline we have presented here to you was just a basic draft/overview to get your feedback on it. We tried to incorporate it, to make it better so you will hopefully enjoy it. We are planning to separate the Endgame update into three parts, which allows us to release them earlier. Here are the parts in order for their release.

• Part 1 (Jump Gates, ‘Celebrity’ Store, Tokens)
  • Part 2 (Townhall & Memorial rework)
  • Part 3 (Game building combat rework)

Let me give you a glimpse on what Part 1 will have in store for you:

Jump Gates
Players can build jump gates (map shortcuts) manually by placing entry and exit points on the map where they want them to be (with some restrictions). Jump gate construction kits are obtainable through “Tokens” from the “Celebrity Store”. All players can use these jump gate shortcuts in both directions to quickly traverse the map.

Protection After Map Transition & Teleport
Players will get a status effect that makes them invincible for a few seconds upon entering a map or when teleporting within the same map. The status effect will get deactivated early if the player is engaging in combat by using an attack or skill.

Celebrity Store (Token Store)
Dinoville makes room at the centre of the city for a new store to open its doors. This store will feature only items obtainable through a special currency item we call “Token” (names of store and currency are most likely to change later from our internal naming). Items are exclusive and some of them are locked only for sheriffs to purchase. With part 1 the store will have the new Jump Gate Construction Kits on offer, as well as a few other nice items.

Dinoville Tokens (Exchange Currency)
Tokens represent the currency used to purchase items from the "Celebrity Store". Designed for the endgame, they will ultimately be obtainable through town hall elections. But as this mechanic will be released later in a separate update, we will make Tokens available through other fitting ways that are available with the current game mechanics.

We hope that you will enjoy the use and construction of the “Jump Gates” as they allow you to have map shortcuts (almost) wherever you want them to be. Let us know your feedback and we are looking forward to releasing it to you later this year.
we're still in april, and all that can be new for this year is the "jump gates" and "celebrity store"?

is it to us laugh or to cry?🤣🤣🤣

at least tell us what we can find interesting in this new "celebrity" store.

OrionZG

Reaction score
Server
America_2
Main Char
WandersZ.
Clan
I have a theory of what this item could be:

It wouldn't make sense for players to cut out parts of the map because it would look ugly and in the long term the map would warp.

The theory with the most sense (for me), would be that this item is some kind of temporary teleporter that we will can invoke anywhere on the map.

Or I do not know. I base my theory on a teleportation component that has a ship in Pirate Galaxy. :sweatgrinning:
1650132754214.png

OrionZG

Reaction score
Server
America_2
Main Char
WandersZ.
Clan
would it make no sense and it would be ugly?
so you clearly didn't play at the time before the maps were modified in a single way🥱
What are you talking about? Clearly there I'm mentioning about jump gates not old maps xddd.

I said that because nobody knew what the new kit could be. And my first vague idea was that players with a tool could warp the map.

disingenousbanana

Reaction score
Server
Europe_1
Main Char
Slicer2001
Clan
Shadow Entity
Good god I've been creeping on this thread for well over an year now, but I just need one question answered.

Will Rex be made at some point available for purchase WITHOUT becoming a sheriff? I know that a lot of people are opposed to it, but I'm not interested. I just want a yes or a no, so that I determine if I should have any hope from this update or not. @Highway (sorry for the ping!) is that information you would be able to share?

FwtisTz

Reaction score
Server
Europe_2
Main Char
Natsu_Dragneel
Clan
Legends
Good god I've been creeping on this thread for well over an year now, but I just need one question answered.

Will Rex be made at some point available for purchase WITHOUT becoming a sheriff? I know that a lot of people are opposed to it, but I'm not interested. I just want a yes or a no, so that I determine if I should have any hope from this update or not. @Highway (sorry for the ping!) is that information you would be able to share?
they did say that rex will not be sheriff exclusive but you can buy it with those tokens from celebrity store which requires you to be sheriff to access it ? those are some confusing times lmao

slejd2001

Reaction score
Server
Europe_3
Main Char
-R_3_V-3_N-A-N_T-
Clan
-I-Edgerunners-I-
they did say that rex will not be sheriff exclusive but you can buy it with those tokens from celebrity store which requires you to be sheriff to access it ? those are some confusing times lmao
you wont need sheriff to neither have access to store or to buying rex (except baby rex)

OrionZG

Reaction score
Server
America_2
Main Char
WandersZ.
Clan
speaking of tyrannosaurus rex, will it be available in the new token shop from part 1 or part 2? :unsure:

OrionZG

Reaction score
Server
America_2
Main Char
WandersZ.
Clan
An interesting mechanic for game buildings could be:

Perform tasks through interactive mini-games at the gates. Very similar to the tasks in the game Among Us.

1650255232233.png

Performing these tasks will allow us to manage our buildings so that their yield of medals/gold is not low or zero. and other factors

Some tasks that we could perform:
Transport (energy) missions. The transporters can be attacked by other players or bandits, can also be looted. Puzzles, activate buttons etc.

For each task performed, we can receive a certain amount of medals or fame.

Last edited:

slejd2001

Reaction score
Server
Europe_3
Main Char
-R_3_V-3_N-A-N_T-
Clan
-I-Edgerunners-I-
An interesting mechanic for game buildings could be:

Perform tasks through interactive mini-games at the gates. Very similar to the tasks in the game Among Us.

View attachment 43705

Performing these tasks will allow us to manage our buildings so that their yield of medals/gold is not low or zero. and other factors

Some tasks that we could perform:
Transport (energy) missions. The transporters can be attacked by other players or bandits, can also be looted. Puzzles, activate buttons etc.

For each task performed, we can receive a certain amount of medals or fame.
too complicated for regular player xd

AnarchyGoD

Reaction score
Celebrity Store (Token Store)
Dinoville makes room at the centre of the city for a new store to open its doors. This store will feature only items obtainable through a special currency item we call “Token” (names of store and currency are most likely to change later from our internal naming). Items are exclusive and some of them are locked only for sheriffs to purchase. With part 1 the store will have the new Jump Gate Construction Kits on offer, as well as a few other nice items.
you know you have kids and babies playing this game and they don't have sheriff and you will end up making them cry
it's not something professional from you.. yes sheriffs are satisfied but the babies are not you need balance here
I suggest adding exclusive items also for nonsheriffs like mickey mouse stickers etc... at the end of the day you don't
wanna get sued by the babies's parents or maybe not?

AnarchyGoD

Reaction score
Jump Gates
Players can build jump gates (map shortcuts) manually by placing entry and exit points on the map where they want them to be (with some restrictions). Jump gate construction kits are obtainable through “Tokens” from the “Celebrity Store”. All players can use these jump gate shortcuts in both directions to quickly traverse the map.
what's the point of jump gates?dinos walk not jump we are not playing in pirate galaxy let the pirates be pirates and let the dinos lose some weight

OrionZG

Reaction score
Server
America_2
Main Char
WandersZ.
Clan
you know you have kids and babies playing this game and they don't have sheriff and you will end up making them cry
it's not something professional from you.. yes sheriffs are satisfied but the babies are not you need balance here
I suggest adding exclusive items also for nonsheriffs like mickey mouse stickers etc... at the end of the day you don't
but you can get rex without being a sheriff
Remove the sheriff limitation for the normal T-Rex but it requires a large amount of “Dinoville Tokens” to purchase it. Balanced that it is a similar effort to unlock the T-Rex as before but with the ability to gain progress in small steps.
  • Baby t-rex remains sheriff exclusive to be purchased
what's the point of jump gates?dinos walk not jump we are not playing in pirate galaxy let the pirates be pirates and let the dinos lose some weight
dinosaurs and cowboys in a futuristic environment makes sense? lmao

Last edited:

slejd2001

Reaction score
Server
Europe_3
Main Char
-R_3_V-3_N-A-N_T-
Clan
-I-Edgerunners-I-
somebody ban this idiot

slejd2001

Reaction score
Server
Europe_3
Main Char
-R_3_V-3_N-A-N_T-
Clan
-I-Edgerunners-I-
but you can get rex without being a sheriff

dinosaurs and cowboys in a futuristic environment makes sense? lmao
its pointless to argue with this idiot, you have seen what nonsense he was posting before xd

Highway

Splitscreen Studios
Reaction score
and the map modifications, which stage will it reach? 🤔
Map modification would only be done combination with the part 3 update. But to what degree it might be required depends on how the "Jump Gates" will already open up the maps naturally by the players. I am not sure if the jump gates where understood correctly and I will try to explain it better.

How "Jump Gates" Work
The "Jump Gates" are best comparable to bridges over rivers or tunnels through small mountains players can build around the map. This would allow the shortcuts player have suggested the forum thread for each map.

• A player with a "jump gate construction kit" will have the ability to build one passage/bridge with it. Its done by the player by placing the start and the end point of the gate on the map. With it creating a new shortcut usable by all players to move around the map quicky.
  • Players will see it visually highlighted in the game world where the gate would lead to before using it. (Usable in both directions). This will also be used to help the player when constructuing the gate.
  • Construction of the gates have some constrains. (Range between gate points, distance to building & walls, etc.)
  • Its planned that the gates are free to use by the users (or a very small tax) which is used to extend the time the gate will remain on the map.
  • Using these gates are only possible when out of combat. But it might even me an option to make them usuable and only abort the jump when getting hit on the transition. This really depends on how the gameplay works best and on the feedback we get.

1650373606074.png

What other items are already planned for the token store?

What will happen to the players who applied to get the tyrannosaurus and find out that they lost their progress due to a change in the town hall?
We have more ideas planned for the token store. Especially the category for items that shape the game world, like the "Jump Gates" do. (Monstrosities, Outlaw hunter etc.) We post more info on them on the other update parts. Its planned to be able to extend it further if they are enjoyed by the community. In addition there will be some exclusive clothing & dinoskins etc. and some only acquirable by the Sheriff or other townhall positions.

Players that already have invested time towards the T-Rex will have an advantage with the fame collected and won election rank positions to get an early heatstart to get more tokens faster as they can apply to higher up positions.

Another topic that is not discussed much is supplies. What will happen to them? Will they continue to be purchased with gold or can they be obtained by another method?
That will be evaluated on Part 3 on how they need adjusting to work better with the gameplay.

Will Rex be made at some point available for purchase WITHOUT becoming a sheriff?
speaking of tyrannosaurus rex, will it be available in the new token shop from part 1 or part 2? :unsure:
Yes on part 2 of the update, you can get the T-Rex without the need becoming the sheriff. You can reach the amount of tokens needed to get the T-Rex by winning any election spot on the townhall. Surely higher positions give more tokens than the lower ones. It will give you a steady progress towards the rex if you want to get it.

Part1 Info: https://forum.dinostorm.com/threads/12-endgame-game-mechanics-discussion.20221/post-68742

Last edited:

Agusdim

Reaction score
Server
America_1
Main Char
Agusdim
Clan
The Revolution
Map modification would only be done combination with the part 3 update. But to what degree it might be required depends on how the "Jump Gates" will already open up the maps naturally by the players. I am not sure if the jump gates where understood correctly and I will try to explain it better.

How "Jump Gates" Work
The "Jump Gates" are best comparable to bridges over rivers or tunnels through small mountains players can build around the map. This would allow the shortcuts player have suggested the forum thread for each map.

• A player with a "jump gate construction kit" will have the ability to build one passage/bridge with it. Its done by the player by placing the start and the end point of the gate on the map. With it creating a new shortcut usable by all players to move around the map quicky.
  • Players will see it visually highlighted in the game world where the gate would lead to before using it. (Usable in both directions). This will also be used to help the player when constructuing the gate.
  • Construction of the gates have some constrains. (Range between gate points, distance to building & walls, etc.)
  • Its planned that the gates are free to use by the users (or a very small tax) which is used to extend the time the gate will remain on the map.
  • Using these gates are only possible when out of combat. But it might even me an option to make them usuable and only abort the jump when getting hit on the transition. This really depends on how the gameplay works best and on the feedback we get.

We have more ideas planned for the token store. Especially the category for items that shape the game world, like the "Jump Gates" do. (Monstrosities, Outlaw hunter etc.) We post more info on them on the other update parts. Its planned to be able to extend it further if they are enjoyed by the community. In addition there will be some exclusive clothing & dinoskins etc. and some only acquirable by the Sheriff or other townhall positions.

Players that already have invested time towards the T-Rex will have an advantage with the fame collected and won election rank positions to get an early heatstart to get more tokens faster as they can apply to higher up positions.

That will be evaluated on Part 3 on how they need adjusting to work better with the gameplay.

Yes on part 2 of the update, you can get the T-Rex without the need becoming the sheriff. You can reach the amount of tokens needed to get the T-Rex by winning any election spot on the townhall. Surely higher positions give more tokens than the lower ones. It will give you a steady progress towards the rex if you want to get it.
after a year they finally reveal information about the update

disingenousbanana

Reaction score
Server
Europe_1
Main Char
Slicer2001
Clan
Shadow Entity

Part1 Info: https://forum.dinostorm.com/threads/12-endgame-game-mechanics-discussion.20221/post-68742
Alright thank you, that's what I wanted to know. Guess I'll hang around then. Will I be able to buy tokens with real money?

OrionZG

Reaction score
Server
America_2
Main Char
WandersZ.
Clan
or other townhall positions.
I like that.

Another question, at the beginning of the thread you mentioned that we will be able to buy items with tokens + gold or gemstones. Will this still be the case? We will be able to complement with other items that have no use in the game?, for example, fruits, relics, fossils, etc.

more or less so

1650382799923.png

Last edited:

Galaxy

Reaction score
Server
America_5
Main Char
Galax
Clan
No clan

How "Jump Gates" Work

View attachment 43706

Won't it be too difficult for novice players and players who don't have rex to compete for city hall positions with veteran players who are already sheriff?

slejd2001

Reaction score
Server
Europe_3
Main Char
-R_3_V-3_N-A-N_T-
Clan
-I-Edgerunners-I-
Won't it be too difficult for novice players and players who don't have rex to compete for city hall positions with veteran players who are already sheriff?
ig we will try that on some ptr and then we will see

Status
Not open for further replies.