shadowzombie

Reaction score
Server
America_4
Main Char
shadowzombie
Clan
none
i think dinostrom need change everything about this game if play for year u cant win trex or clan got they pick who get it

MX Power

Reaction score
Server
Europe_1
Main Char
M X Power
Clan
Extra Power
i think dinostrom need change everything about this game if play for year u cant win trex or clan got they pick who get it
I think the problem consists more in the lack of opportunities to satisfy everyone. That's the core of the issue at least.

Even if you reduce control that some clans have over who gets to win and who doesn't, there will be still statistically plenty of losers and very few winners.

How likely would your chance be to get T-Rex after that?

slejd2001

Reaction score
Server
Europe_3
Main Char
-R_3_V-3_N-A-N_T-
Clan
-I-Edgerunners-I-
@Highway @Alewx @Gruni how it will be with election duration when update comes? like if some player will be in sheriff elections or any other with most fame and update comes in, will that player be in that election on first place or all election duration will reset and all players will be kicked from their elections which they joined before update or how it will be?

Alewx

Splitscreen Studios
Reaction score
@Highway @Alewx @Gruni how it will be with election duration when update comes? like if some player will be in sheriff elections or any other with most fame and update comes in, will that player be in that election on first place or all election duration will reset and all players will be kicked from their elections which they joined before update or how it will be?
äh no plan that i know about so far about that, but quite a valid point.

MX Power

Reaction score
Server
Europe_1
Main Char
M X Power
Clan
Extra Power
And in 28 days, If Town Hall with all its election offices generate enough tokens that in number are enough to purchase Tyrannosaurus Rex with (at least) double or say triple that current number. Then maybe losing elections could be normalized, or at least the struggle that players face wouldn't be as severe.
So I was thinking about consolidating this prospective through some estimates.

• Let's say that to purchase Tyrannosaurus Rex, you need to gain tokens earned by at least winning every office once.
  • You can still get re-elected.
  • You can join any office at any stage without climbing the ladder office by office.
Assume that tokens received from offices are as the following:
  1. Ranger: 5 Token
    • (2 Days)
    • 20 Available office
  2. Chief Ranger: 10 Token
    • (3 Days)
    • 12 Available office
  3. Speaker 20 Token
    • (4 Days)
    • 8 Available office
  4. Director: 40 Token
    • (5 Days)
    • 4 Available office
  5. Board member: 80 Token
    • (6 Days)
    • 5 Available office
  6. Constable: 160 Token
    • (7 Days)
    • 3 Available office
  7. Councillor: 320 Token
    • (8 Days)
    • 2 Available office
  8. Governor: 640 Token
    • (9 Days)
    • 1 Available office
  9. Assistant Deputy: 1,280 Token
    • (10 Days)
    • 5 Available office
  10. Deputy: 2,560 Token
    • (11 Days)
    • 3 Available office
  11. Marshall: 5,120 Token
    • (12 Days)
    • 2 Available office
  12. Sheriff: 10,240 Token
    • (14 Days)
    • 1 Available office

Tokens required to purchase Tyrannosaurus Rex = Tokens earned by at least winning every office once = 5 + 10 + 20 + 40 + 80 + 160 + 320 + 640 + 1,280 + 2,560 + 5,120 + 10,240 = 20,475 Token

So according to the estimation you need 20,475 tokens for 1 player to purchase Tyrannosaurus Rex, so how many players can purchase Tyrannosaurus Rex in 28 days?

Average value of tokens generated by all offices each 28 days =

10240*(28/14)*1 + 5120*(28/12)*2 + 2560*(28/11)*3 + 1280*(28/10)*5 + 640*(28/9)*1 + 320*(28/8)*2 + 160*(28/7)*3 + 80*(28/6)*5 + 40*(28/5)*4 + 20*(28/4)*8 + 10*(28/3)*12 + 5*(28/2)*20 =

20,480 + 23,893.33 + 19,549.09 + 17,920 + 1,991.11 + 2,240 + 1,920 + 1,866.67 + 896 + 1,120 + 1,120 + 1,400 =

94,396.2 Tokens.

Average number of players unlocking Tyrannosaurus Rex every 28 days = 94,396.2/20,475 = 4.61 Players.
  • That's something between double & triple the current number of players winning every 28 days (2 players).
  • That's in case all players use tokens earned to purchase Tyrannosaurus Rex eventually.
    • Means players who use Tokens on anything else will lower the average number of Tyrannosaurs Rex new owners.
    • Means players who win office, then quit the game will lower the average number of Tyrannosaurus Rex new owners.
  • That's an average value, means 1 player might win this month, maybe 4 in the next month, maybe 3 in the one that follows, depends on how Tokens are distributed between players.
  • Tokens earned by every office according to my estimations are double the lower office.
    • Making it more than double means less players will be able to purchase Tyrannosaurus Rex.
    • Making it less than double means more players will be able to purchase Tyrannosaurs Rex.
    • Both of the cases of course in condition that Tyrannosaurus Rex token value is equal to the cumulative number of tokens earned by every office once.

In a nutshell, you can easily control how hard it will be for players to obtain Tyrannosaurus, and I hope that you make it fair as mentioned in my quote, so that it doesn't become as frustrating to lose an election office as it is now.

slejd2001

Reaction score
Server
Europe_3
Main Char
-R_3_V-3_N-A-N_T-
Clan
-I-Edgerunners-I-
So I was thinking about consolidating this prospective through some estimates.

• Let's say that to purchase Tyrannosaurus Rex, you need to gain tokens earned by at least winning every office once.
  • You can still get re-elected.
  • You can join any office at any stage without climbing the ladder office by office.
Assume that tokens received from offices are as the following:
  1. Ranger: 5 Token
    • (2 Days)
    • 20 Available office
  2. Chief Ranger: 10 Token
    • (3 Days)
    • 12 Available office
  3. Speaker 20 Token
    • (4 Days)
    • 8 Available office
  4. Director: 40 Token
    • (5 Days)
    • 4 Available office
  5. Board member: 80 Token
    • (6 Days)
    • 5 Available office
  6. Constable: 160 Token
    • (7 Days)
    • 3 Available office
  7. Councillor: 320 Token
    • (8 Days)
    • 2 Available office
  8. Governor: 640 Token
    • (9 Days)
    • 1 Available office
  9. Assistant Deputy: 1,280 Token
    • (10 Days)
    • 5 Available office
  10. Deputy: 2,560 Token
    • (11 Days)
    • 3 Available office
  11. Marshall: 5,120 Token
    • (12 Days)
    • 2 Available office
  12. Sheriff: 10,240 Token
    • (14 Days)
    • 1 Available office

Tokens required to purchase Tyrannosaurus Rex = Tokens earned by at least winning every office once = 5 + 10 + 20 + 40 + 80 + 160 + 320 + 640 + 1,280 + 2,560 + 5,120 + 10,240 = 20,475 Token
i think this reward concept is nice, i had similar idea

So according to the estimation you need 20,475 tokens for 1 player to purchase Tyrannosaurus Rex, so how many players can purchase Tyrannosaurus Rex in 28 days?

Average value of tokens generated by all offices each 28 days =

10240*(28/14)*1 + 5120*(28/12)*2 + 2560*(28/11)*3 + 1280*(28/10)*5 + 640*(28/9)*1 + 320*(28/8)*2 + 160*(28/7)*3 + 80*(28/6)*5 + 40*(28/5)*4 + 20*(28/4)*8 + 10*(28/3)*12 + 5*(28/2)*20 =

20,480 + 23,893.33 + 19,549.09 + 17,920 + 1,991.11 + 2,240 + 1,920 + 1,866.67 + 896 + 1,120 + 1,120 + 1,400 =

94,396.2 Tokens.

Average number of players unlocking Tyrannosaurus Rex every 28 days = 94,396.2/20,475 = 4.61 Players.
  • That's something between double & triple the current number of players winning every 28 days (2 players).
  • That's in case all players use tokens earned to purchase Tyrannosaurus Rex eventually.
    • Means players who use Tokens on anything else will lower the average number of Tyrannosaurs Rex new owners.
    • Means players who win office, then quit the game will lower the average number of Tyrannosaurus Rex new owners.
  • That's an average value, means 1 player might win this month, maybe 4 in the next month, maybe 3 in the one that follows, depends on how Tokens are distributed between players.
  • Tokens earned by every office according to my estimations are double the lower office.
    • Making it more than double means less players will be able to purchase Tyrannosaurus Rex.
    • Making it less than double means more players will be able to purchase Tyrannosaurs Rex.
    • Both of the cases of course in condition that Tyrannosaurus Rex token value is equal to the cumulative number of tokens earned by every office once.

In a nutshell, you can easily control how hard it will be for players to obtain Tyrannosaurus, and I hope that you make it fair as mentioned in my quote, so that it doesn't become as frustrating to lose an election office as it is now.
these calculations seem to be logic, though for me your calculation dont look really real, but i calculated in other way how much sheriffs could be there per 28 days and it got somewhere 4.5, so i guess your 4.61 number is correct

MX Power

Reaction score
Server
Europe_1
Main Char
M X Power
Clan
Extra Power
these calculations seem to be logic, though for me your calculation dont look really real,
Summation of tokens earned by office multiplied by how often it is repeated in 28 days per office multiplied by how many offices there are.... Not sure what went wrong there :unsure:

but i calculated in other way how much sheriffs could be there per 28 days and it got somewhere 4.5, so i guess your 4.61 number is correct
I double checked. The accurate value is exactly 4.611834585 or approximately 4.61. Double check your calculations, minor calculation mistakes could happen.

OrionZG

Reaction score
Server
America_2
Main Char
WandersZ.
Clan
1622137559098.png

The idea here is to avoid rex overpopulation in the short term. I think it depends more on the theme of the token shop and the items they will be selling. You will be responsible if you want to get the rex or not (either by spending tokens, fighting, etc.).

Apparently, if an alliance agrees on obtaining the rex, they could reach the frequency of 4.6, however now the clans should be more responsible and organized in spreading fame; otherwise, the rex frequency might be low or null (I think statistically in clan wars, the percentage of acquiring the rex could decrease minimally).

Last edited:

MX Power

Reaction score
Server
Europe_1
Main Char
M X Power
Clan
Extra Power
View attachment 41674

The idea here is to avoid rex overpopulation in the short term. I think it depends more on the theme of the token shop and the items they will be selling. You will be responsible if you want to get the rex or not (either by spending tokens, fighting, etc.).

Apparently, if an alliance agrees on obtaining the rex, they could reach the frequency of 4.6, however now the clans should be more responsible and organized in spreading fame; otherwise, the rex frequency might be low or null (I think statistically in clan wars, the percentage of acquiring the rex could decrease minimally).
Totally agreed, and the shop should include items that are tempting enough to distract players from making Tyrannosaurus Rex their sole priority. All while still keeping it an accessible option for those who still want to get Tyrannosaurus Rex anyway.

toxicdeathxZZ

Reaction score
Server
America_1
Main Char
Petrified
Clan
Asylum
I don't see this an a bad thing honestly, more rex's given out means more people get the chance to enjoy. As stated it is giving everyone an opportunity to get rex. (although it would be a very long time without an alliance or controlling buildings) Big clans will give their fame to players for higher tier elections, the bottom ones will be open to nearly everyone.

Self control will be essential for obtaining rex if you don't own buildings.

Agusdim

Reaction score
Server
America_1
Main Char
Agusdim
Clan
The Revolution
I don't see this an a bad thing honestly, more rex's given out means more people get the chance to enjoy. As stated it is giving everyone an opportunity to get rex. (although it would be a very long time without an alliance or controlling buildings) Big clans will give their fame to players for higher tier elections, the bottom ones will be open to nearly everyone.

Self control will be essential for obtaining rex if you don't own buildings.
you would devalue the rex

shadowzombie

Reaction score
Server
America_4
Main Char
shadowzombie
Clan
none
can anyone tell me when the next big update is coming?

MX Power

Reaction score
Server
Europe_1
Main Char
M X Power
Clan
Extra Power
With high value of Dino dollars and minimum fame required to join a high election office which is essential to obtain a Tyrannosaurus Rex, it will be more expensive than ever before, considering also that players will be forced to lose time after time until they finally receive that opportunity.

@toxicdeathxZZ only stated that it's not a bad thing if everyone have an opportunity. If you think that Tyrannosaurus Rex would be devaluated just by the mere existence in the hands of other players then that's a selfish way to look at it.

Not to mention that it is not entirely true, because not all tokens earned is going to be invested in Tyrannosaurus Rex and we must always have that in consideration, so that it doesn't even become less than before like @OrionZG pointed out.

slejd2001

Reaction score
Server
Europe_3
Main Char
-R_3_V-3_N-A-N_T-
Clan
-I-Edgerunners-I-
can anyone tell me when the next big update is coming?
dude you already asked and dev answered you ;d

We have not a time estimate for this yet as the concept is not finished to be able to plan the effort it needs to get finished. For this concept we wanted to involve the community earlier as usual to keep the feedback flowing but that also means it takes more time from the annoucment until the final live release.

Agusdim

Reaction score
Server
America_1
Main Char
Agusdim
Clan
The Revolution
With high value of Dino dollars and minimum fame required to join a high election office which is essential to obtain a Tyrannosaurus Rex, it will be more expensive than ever before, considering also that players will be forced to lose time after time until they finally receive that opportunity.

@toxicdeathxZZ only stated that it's not a bad thing if everyone have an opportunity. If you think that Tyrannosaurus Rex would be devaluated just by the mere existence in the hands of other players then that's a selfish way to look at it.

Not to mention that it is not entirely true, because not all tokens earned is going to be invested in Tyrannosaurus Rex and we must always have that in consideration, so that it doesn't even become less than before like @OrionZG pointed out.
How much does it cost? 1M dollars?

toxicdeathxZZ

Reaction score
Server
America_1
Main Char
Petrified
Clan
Asylum
You can't walk through a map in our server without seeing multiple people with rex, at the point in the game's lifespan rex isnt "rare".

With people constantly buying and selling accounts over facebook with rex, it has already been devalued. Its easier, less time consuming and most cases probably cheaper to just buy an account that has already earned it then doing it yourself. Which is mighty unfortunate, the reward of doing it yourself and acquiring what you worked hard for is much more rewarding then buying it.

This is a way for people without money or branded an enemy by alliances to achieve rex.

MX Power

Reaction score
Server
Europe_1
Main Char
M X Power
Clan
Extra Power
How much does it cost? 1M dollars?
This is what Highway said by far:

Looking through the feedback some points have been noted in the design concept. I might have missed some consens in feedback though. Let me know when that is the case.
Here are a few points changed:
  • Players loosing an election will not loose 75% of their invested fame anymore. Instead this will be lowered or even removed completly to support the "step by step closer to the goal" idea even more.
  • Appling for an office will cost a lot more dino dollars to accomedate for the reduced fame when loosing an office.
    • The dollar price will depend on the ranger level.
  • PVP protection price will be changed from fame to dino dollars (by ranger level)
Agree that those choke points are not ideal. We are even toying around to allow every user to directly apply for any office without the need to win the lower office. The needed dollars and min fame requirement for each office might already be enough that players will start lower than directly at the sheriff position.

OrionZG

Reaction score
Server
America_2
Main Char
WandersZ.
Clan
Question:
The interface / window of the token store will be the same as the other buildings or will have slight / significant changes (tabs, filters, etc)?

shadowzombie

Reaction score
Server
America_4
Main Char
shadowzombie
Clan
none
this is pointless they will find a way to control this they always do if not now when it happens then at least a month after if your going to do this make it where its not controllable and fair

slejd2001

Reaction score
Server
Europe_3
Main Char
-R_3_V-3_N-A-N_T-
Clan
-I-Edgerunners-I-
this is pointless they will find a way to control this they always do if not now when it happens then at least a month after if your going to do this make it where its not controllable and fair
yea its possible, but now it will be way harder. you will be able to steal fame and try block them, by stealing enemies have less fame and you have more. depending what lvl mobs will spawn during pve attacks it may be hard to defend several maps, so it will require more attention what may make holding many maps of towers harder.

we have seen only early concepts, so its hard to judge how it will be in future

pedroboyy99

Reaction score
Server
America_1
Main Char
pedroboy99
Clan
_Mad Bull_
Na minha opinao seria bom diminuir o tempo na eleiçao pra pegar rex por que 15 dias pra pegar rex e muito tempo se diminuir o tempo seria bom pra ter mais rapido e mais pessoas pegando que pelos calculos são 22 rex por ano isso fica ruim pra qualquer um pela quantidade de rex que vc pode ta pegando se diminuir esse tempo teria mais rex em jogo e menos estresse pela espera por rex. Outro ponto que muita gente sitou e valor do inventario e deposito chega ser absurdo vc ter que abrir mao de iten peles e roupa por que vc nao tem espaço por que e caro muita gente joga esse jogo pelas peles que sao lindas roupas tudo isso pessoal coleciona isso eu nao tenho condiçoes pra ter muito inventario pelo valor mais eu que produz video do jogo nao posso ter as coisa pelo valor absurdo do espaço e pessoal pede peles roupas tudo mais um pouco nao posso ta oferendo isso.

• Agree
Reactions: fae

Cobra

Reaction score
Server
Asia_1
Main Char
- Cobra -
Clan
Asian Fighter
Hello fellow dino storm players,developers and helpers.It's been a little while since I stopped playing because of studies but I'm back now and really excited to see as to what new stuff is happening in the game.
First of all the idea to change how the endgame works is absolutely beautiful as getting rex is kind of pay to win. All you need is to have gold coins, time and supply charges and just supply the maps over and over again. You don't even need loyalty and some other loyal old players who might not afford sc's are just waiting for their turn for years.Great idea to change endgame but THIS IS WHAT I SUGGEST:
Instead of changing the endgame what if players can maybe have an easier time reaching the maximum level and completing the game?
-- Maybe the loop of just doing quests and upgrading is too much. The game feels soo repetitive.
--First of all I'd say that items needed to upgrade should be reduced. OR the item drop rate could be slightly increased.
--Making the quests a little faster would be very good like maybe reducing the time required to complete transport quests. OR players get more xp then usual especially at higher levels.
--Clan perks should be introduced like with 1 million dino dollars, clan leaders could buy a perk that every clan member would have a 5-10% increased chance of getting common,uncommon and rare drops.

All I'm saying is to probably make the game a little easier and well more fun to play. Good luck!

satoshiny

Reaction score
Server
America_5
Main Char
Satoshiny
Clan
Clan steel romero
TENGO EN MI PODER, UNA IDEA QUE SOLUCIONARA COMPLETAMENTE EL COMBATE PVP :love::love::love::love::love:
(Agradeceria que la comunidad traduciera esto a otros idiomas)
Dino-Storm-Comic-1.png
Como jugadores, todos sabemos que a veces hacerle "click" a un enemigo para poder atacarlo, no es suficiente. Ni siquiera con la opción de acción rápida mezclando las teclas ("CTRL" + "CLICK DERECHO") para atacar, esto a veces se debe a varios factores:

1- El enemigo se mueve muy rápido (en caso del coelophisis o implante de resistencia)

2- En las guerras hay MUCHAS PERSONAS amontonadas y puedes equivocarte y apuntar a un aliado o un enemigo que no quieres atacar.

3- La "hitbox" del enemigo es MUY PEQUEÑA (Me refiero al área para hacerle "click" a un enemigo)
Esto sucede por ejemplo con el coelophisis o dinosaurios pequeños, tienen "Hitbox" pequeñas por lo tanto es MAS DIFÍCIL de hacerle "click" a diferencia de un Rex o Brachiosaurus (Este problema se INCREMENTA INCREÍBLEMENTE CON DINOSAURIOS CON ALTA RESISTENCIA)

4- LAG

5- Jugadores sin "Mouse"

---> Estos problemas causan ventajas injustas en las peleas, ya que no puedes apuntar a un enemigo por su velocidad o porque esta entre una masa de gente, el enemigo te atacara primero y no podrás ganarle, porque empezaras a atacarlo 10 segundos después que el iniciara, solamente porque tu "Click" no fue lo suficientemente agudo para atraparlo.

S O L U C I Ó N:
tex-mex-rex-mexican-cowboy-dinosaur-sassy-lassy-transparent.png
He visto la interés de los desarolladores en implementar nuevas actualizaciones al juego, un ejemplo de ello, ademas del "rework" de habilidades, el MODO ESPECTADOR (Apretar "ALT" + "SUPR") que permite el uso de una cámara libre tanto para la creatividad de vídeos y para curiosos en explorar los mapas.

-----> IMPLEMENTAR TECLA PARA MARCAR OBJETIVOS <------

Esta idea la he visto en varios videojuegos, les mostrare un ejemplo desde el videojuego "World Of Warcraft" (Lamentablemente el vídeo solo esta en ingles)

VER DEL SEGUNDO 34 hasta 1 minuto y 16 segundos (0:34 - 1:16 )

La implementación de esta tecla (En el caso de este juego mostrado es apretando "TAB")
Cambiaría COMPLETAMENTE las batallas, siendo mas justas al poder elegir al enemigo correcto sin los problemas antes mencionados.

Han agregado el "MODO ESPECTADOR" agradecería enormemente que esta idea se pueda implementar para crear batallas mas justas entre todos

GRACIAS!

satoshiny

Reaction score
Server
America_5
Main Char
Satoshiny
Clan
Clan steel romero
TENGO EN MI PODER, UNA IDEA QUE SOLUCIONARA COMPLETAMENTE EL COMBATE PVP :love::love::love::love::love:
(Agradeceria que la comunidad traduciera esto a otros idiomas)
View attachment 41746
Como jugadores, todos sabemos que a veces hacerle "click" a un enemigo para poder atacarlo, no es suficiente. Ni siquiera con la opción de acción rápida mezclando las teclas ("CTRL" + "CLICK DERECHO") para atacar, esto a veces se debe a varios factores:

1- El enemigo se mueve muy rápido (en caso del coelophisis o implante de resistencia)

2- En las guerras hay MUCHAS PERSONAS amontonadas y puedes equivocarte y apuntar a un aliado o un enemigo que no quieres atacar.

3- La "hitbox" del enemigo es MUY PEQUEÑA (Me refiero al área para hacerle "click" a un enemigo)
Esto sucede por ejemplo con el coelophisis o dinosaurios pequeños, tienen "Hitbox" pequeñas por lo tanto es MAS DIFÍCIL de hacerle "click" a diferencia de un Rex o Brachiosaurus (Este problema se INCREMENTA INCREÍBLEMENTE CON DINOSAURIOS CON ALTA RESISTENCIA)

4- LAG

5- Jugadores sin "Mouse"

---> Estos problemas causan ventajas injustas en las peleas, ya que no puedes apuntar a un enemigo por su velocidad o porque esta entre una masa de gente, el enemigo te atacara primero y no podrás ganarle, porque empezaras a atacarlo 10 segundos después que el iniciara, solamente porque tu "Click" no fue lo suficientemente agudo para atraparlo.

S O L U C I Ó N:
View attachment 41747
He visto la interés de los desarolladores en implementar nuevas actualizaciones al juego, un ejemplo de ello, ademas del "rework" de habilidades, el MODO ESPECTADOR (Apretar "ALT" + "SUPR") que permite el uso de una cámara libre tanto para la creatividad de vídeos y para curiosos en explorar los mapas.

-----> IMPLEMENTAR TECLA PARA MARCAR OBJETIVOS <------

Esta idea la he visto en varios videojuegos, les mostrare un ejemplo desde el videojuego "World Of Warcraft" (Lamentablemente el vídeo solo esta en ingles)

VER DEL SEGUNDO 34 hasta 1 minuto y 16 segundos (0:34 - 1:16 )

La implementación de esta tecla (En el caso de este juego mostrado es apretando "TAB")
Cambiaría COMPLETAMENTE las batallas, siendo mas justas al poder elegir al enemigo correcto sin los problemas antes mencionados.

Han agregado el "MODO ESPECTADOR" agradecería enormemente que esta idea se pueda implementar para crear batallas mas justas entre todos

GRACIAS!
@Highway @Alewx @Gruni

NightGameR

Reaction score
Server
Europe_1
Main Char
-Nightfury-
Clan
We are thankful for all the incoming feedback, as it is both important and valuable for Dino Storm development. The suggestions you’ve sent us so far have shown us that our plans for adjusting the game’s maps would not really affect the root of the issues at hand, and therefore not have the effects desired by the community.
Although there are many different facets and perspectives to your feedback, most of you wrote about attacking and controlling sites in order to earn fame and ultimately be elected Sheriff in the town hall, which also provides access to the precious tyrannosaurus rex. However, the most obvious aspects in gameplay are not always the ones at the root of the problem, which is why we attempt to dig deeper and gain additional analytical data—from the game, testers and GMs alike. This way, we want to reach the core of the issue. Going from the observations we have made so far, we are not convinced that revising the game’s maps alone would improve gameplay enough to be satisfactory.

In the last few days we had been intensively discussing a number of design iterations and concepts—but the further we went and discussed possible solutions, the more it became obvious that we would actually need to think about changing the main gameplay path for unlocking T-Rex. We already had ideas for changing the endgame mechanics and concepts on our to-do list, and now we needed to figure out whether we will have to tackle these ideas before or after any potential map adjustments are made.

We condensed the list of issues and points that need to be addressed down to:
  • Server-spanning alliances misusing their influence, deciding who gets and doesn’t get the T-Rex
  • Stalling endgame as soon as T-Rex has been unlocked
  • Rather boring and predictable gameplay around sites (Travel Gates, Claims)

Let us know what you think, or if we are missing important key points! ;)

Edit: Link to Early concept
Make an PTR server, so we can test out this update

slejd2001

Reaction score
Server
Europe_3
Main Char
-R_3_V-3_N-A-N_T-
Clan
-I-Edgerunners-I-
Make an PTR server, so we can test out this update
i think nothing is done yet, all what devs presented were just concepts. devs wanted to get feedback first to do right things right away, not change them several times. ptr for sure should be made to test this update.

Cobra

Reaction score
Server
Asia_1
Main Char
- Cobra -
Clan
Asian Fighter
We are thankful for all the incoming feedback, as it is both important and valuable for Dino Storm development. The suggestions you’ve sent us so far have shown us that our plans for adjusting the game’s maps would not really affect the root of the issues at hand, and therefore not have the effects desired by the community.
Although there are many different facets and perspectives to your feedback, most of you wrote about attacking and controlling sites in order to earn fame and ultimately be elected Sheriff in the town hall, which also provides access to the precious tyrannosaurus rex. However, the most obvious aspects in gameplay are not always the ones at the root of the problem, which is why we attempt to dig deeper and gain additional analytical data—from the game, testers and GMs alike. This way, we want to reach the core of the issue. Going from the observations we have made so far, we are not convinced that revising the game’s maps alone would improve gameplay enough to be satisfactory.

In the last few days we had been intensively discussing a number of design iterations and concepts—but the further we went and discussed possible solutions, the more it became obvious that we would actually need to think about changing the main gameplay path for unlocking T-Rex. We already had ideas for changing the endgame mechanics and concepts on our to-do list, and now we needed to figure out whether we will have to tackle these ideas before or after any potential map adjustments are made.

We condensed the list of issues and points that need to be addressed down to:
  • Server-spanning alliances misusing their influence, deciding who gets and doesn’t get the T-Rex
  • Stalling endgame as soon as T-Rex has been unlocked
  • Rather boring and predictable gameplay around sites (Travel Gates, Claims)

Let us know what you think, or if we are missing important key points! ;)

Edit: Link to Early concept
Well said @Highway .
However I feel like the third point is kind of useless, boring and predictable gameplay comes from leveling up and questing which is a lot of repetition which isn't affective at this time of the world as many people are too busy.
The game should be made a little more fun to play so that players would have more fun playing rather than grinding for tons of hours.
--The best way to make the game less boring and predictable is to make the game more easier.
--The best way to make the the game easier is to make leveling and upgrading easier and less time-consuming.
Good luck!

snnrk

Reaction score
Server
America_4
Main Char
_Sunork_
Clan
-
I made a post on the portuguese forum a few months ago and I don't know if it was evaluated, maybe here I can get a quicker feedback. The post in question is about the way in which game attributes (hit points, strength, agility, etc) are displayed.

We currently have several types of attributes in the game but none of them are clear enough about the power it delivers. How so? Well, it's not possible to know how much damage an armor implant reduces just by looking at its value, just as you can't tell what the critical chance a precision technology offers, nor the dodge chance of an agility implant. What I mean is that it's very difficult to measure attributes, it's difficult to know which is better and which is worse without being forced to equip and test in practice (and that doesn't always work, I've tried and failed several times) and what I suggest is to transform them from raw values to something that is easy to see and understand.
For example:

-Vitality show how much real life it adds.
-Force show actual damage dealt to a target of the same level.
-Damage the same way.
-Accuracy show values in %, the same way as shown in the vulnerable effect description.
-Armor, shield and dino defense show the amount of damage they reduce, either as a % or a fixed value.

And follow the same logic for all attributes. I don't know if the current system makes it easier to balance or if it was just forgotten by no one ever touching the subject but this is something that has bothered me for a long time, I think it deserves a modernization. :v

slejd2001

Reaction score
Server
Europe_3
Main Char
-R_3_V-3_N-A-N_T-
Clan
-I-Edgerunners-I-
I made a post on the portuguese forum a few months ago and I don't know if it was evaluated, maybe here I can get a quicker feedback. The post in question is about the way in which game attributes (hit points, strength, agility, etc) are displayed.

We currently have several types of attributes in the game but none of them are clear enough about the power it delivers. How so? Well, it's not possible to know how much damage an armor implant reduces just by looking at its value, just as you can't tell what the critical chance a precision technology offers, nor the dodge chance of an agility implant. What I mean is that it's very difficult to measure attributes, it's difficult to know which is better and which is worse without being forced to equip and test in practice (and that doesn't always work, I've tried and failed several times) and what I suggest is to transform them from raw values to something that is easy to see and understand.
For example:

-Vitality show how much real life it adds.
-Force show actual damage dealt to a target of the same level.
-Damage the same way.
-Accuracy show values in %, the same way as shown in the vulnerable effect description.
-Armor, shield and dino defense show the amount of damage they reduce, either as a % or a fixed value.

And follow the same logic for all attributes. I don't know if the current system makes it easier to balance or if it was just forgotten by no one ever touching the subject but this is something that has bothered me for a long time, I think it deserves a modernization. :v
armor, shield and def lower dmg by %

slejd2001

Reaction score
Server
Europe_3
Main Char
-R_3_V-3_N-A-N_T-
Clan
-I-Edgerunners-I-
Wouldn't that just lead to ppl abandoning the building until the time of an attack has come?
Would it be fine if for an PVE attack chance would be even higher at time when there are most online players (during the day and the evening) and lower at time when the least players are online (nights and mornings) either from the whole server or clan which is holding certain towers or just based on server time? In this way i think it still will stay random as you want, but at same time players would be aware too when their towers could be attacked with certain chances

Status
Not open for further replies.