RetroRevolution

Reaction score
Server
America_2
Main Char
-
Clan
Dark Max Retribution
Half a year ago nobody won anything substantial besides the alliance, since the new mining system wasn't deployed, hence I can't be talking about that timeframe.

"just farm ores bro" It's not like everyone who does that will be deemed KOS.
you're already KOS tho whats ur point xD just and go farm on empty claims, theres 5 maps, and u seem to be active during the night, so im sure u can make a lot

istencsaszar

Reaction score
Server
Europe_1
Main Char
Odin.
Clan
-
If you can manage portals and take positions, what is your complaint?
The alliance choosing to swap portals in 10 minutes out of lazyness instead of actually defending and fighting, and the bad timing of attack phases. They only come online to swap. When they actually have to defend they are in ridiculously low numbers, THEN they complain here that defending is impossible and we get 20-30 gates. If my people can be awake at 7 am then alliance can too. Like bro if you don't come online what do you expect?

istencsaszar

Reaction score
Server
Europe_1
Main Char
Odin.
Clan
-
you're already KOS tho whats ur point xD just and go farm on empty claims, theres 5 maps, and u seem to be active during the night, so im sure u can make a lot
You seem to know a lot about EU1 despite 'not playing there'. I'm not talking about my clan, but literally anyone else.

RetroRevolution

Reaction score
Server
America_2
Main Char
-
Clan
Dark Max Retribution
You seem to know a lot about EU1 despite 'not playing there'. I'm not talking about my clan, but literally anyone else.
ye i do know what i read and see being written here, considering u said anyone who farms will be deemed as kos, and knowing u are already attacker means ure already kos + since u are always talking about wanting 1am 7am phases this means u are active during the night, or able to be online in the early morning, basically able to farm alot of ores where the majority of them is sleeping.

RetroRevolution

Reaction score
Server
America_2
Main Char
-
Clan
Dark Max Retribution
That was a bad idea which is hopefully trashed. Defending will always be a numbers game, while attacking is not. You can limit the amount small clans get, but they will get swarmed in defence where the whole alliance will concentrate on the few towers they acquired.

Or you make defending very easy which means that they can't get sites in the first place.
"few towers" u do realize that each gate u capture will result in a higher chance for u to lose it/them on the next conflict?
i suggest we wait for his main idea till he writes it here, and test it, it needs exploring before complaining. also he mentioned adjusting drain/repair rates too, there's more than 1 additions, so we need to wait and see what he comes up with however we need keep in mind highway works on things by monitoring everything not just 1 servre

istencsaszar

Reaction score
Server
Europe_1
Main Char
Odin.
Clan
-
"few towers" u do realize that each gate u capture will result in a higher chance for u to lose it/them on the next conflict?
i suggest we wait for his main idea till he writes it here, and test it, it needs exploring before complaining. also he mentioned adjusting drain/repair rates too, there's more than 1 additions, so we need to wait and see what he comes up with however we need keep in mind highway works on things by monitoring everything not just 1 servre
That's the thing. Alliance clans can hold towers because they split and can own a few each and they overall have enough members to defend the majority of the towers. As an attacker you can't split your clan because it will hinder your draining speed. So with that clan you have to take as much as you can. But even if you have 2-3 sites, then the full power of the alliance will focus on that 2-3 sites, which are not defendable that way.

RetroRevolution

Reaction score
Server
America_2
Main Char
-
Clan
Dark Max Retribution
That's the thing. Alliance clans can hold towers because they split and can own a few each and they overall have enough members to defend the majority of the towers. As an attacker you can't split your clan because it will hinder your draining speed. So with that clan you have to take as much as you can. But even if you have 2-3 sites, then the full power of the alliance will focus on that 2-3 sites, which are not defendable that way.
hmm that is true, i recommend merging the other attacking clans into one, i guess the biggest. ur force will be bigger to try defending 1-2 gates which u should also upgrade to lvl 4 tier to increase ur chances. i saw someone of u also wrote the alliance clans are average of 5 players, so i think if ur merge all attackers u will be 1 large clan with a minimum of 20+ on peak time. so this buys u more chances & time to defend

it is hard situation for u i agree.. but it also brings so much fun with the pvps that u will have to do, at least in my eyes its like this.. also IF u lose ur builds during the phase, u have time to take another etc, keep in mind in the past u were paying to attack and u need to hold for collecting fame, now u attack for free and u need to also hold to collect fame

but also if they split their forces they will struggle with defending and also attacking u cuz u will face small waves of attackers instead of a large one and if ur defenders are all in one circle defending u should be fine..

OrionZG

Reaction score
Server
America_2
Main Char
WandersZ.
Clan
the attacker/defender benefit must be for a single player and already
or that skill effects can be applied to them

- Leyenda -

Reaction score
Server
America_5
Main Char
- Leyenda -
Clan
-GLadiadores-
What clould help is that the adrenaline buff is only given to the top effort attacking clan.

This also prevents allys from have an advantage if fake attacks to obtain the buff
Does that mean that players who don't have this benefit won't hurt defenders? because that way it would be a Clan Vs a Clan

Hardwell

Reaction score
Server
America_2
Main Char
ZEUS
Clan
SHADOWS
At least each phase should have morning afternoon and night we dont expcect 7am or that but we should have a reasonable morning phase like 11.30am etc.... cause there are people that feel a server dynamics doesnt suit them and so left for other server after surveying how that server works, maybe less toxic, more of a friendly clan squad have more dv owned portals therefore require less kit and more movment instead of active server with 1 market portal only...., prefer some team fight over massive war.. and these they accounted for before leaving the server.... And going new one... But with this phase restriction in place the guy clearly cant experience the war he was looking for the atmosphere he wants the server will just be dead and silent becauze no conflict is going on in his time region....

Reactions: SPA

Alewx

Splitscreen Studios
Reaction score
Like most times i got my own little rebellios attempt at timings for building fights, and would like to know what the ppl think about it.
1720163296883.png
This is a Plan from Highway about the timings for the building fights; which is also planned for a PTR version.
1720163342086.png
And this is my own approach.

I would like to know what you think about it, and WHY.
If there is trouble reading it, just ask; i'm glad to assist then.

Rockspider19

Reaction score
Server
America_5
Main Char
Rockspider
Clan
Two Tired
All this time and energy wasted on this pointless system.Scrap all of it and go back to the supply charge system but make supply charges cost clan dino dollars at something decently high like 50,000. This would keep players active all through the day and limit the low lvl spam drains and most other problems the old system had.

We tried this new system for months and its a complete failure.

Hardwell

Reaction score
Server
America_2
Main Char
ZEUS
Clan
SHADOWS
I feel a chart isnt even necessary what you need right now is how to gauge different server time conflict from start to end duration...and from that data adjust your drain and heal chart table....

Becuase like i said many times.... There is am1 and eu1 super active server.... And obviously the dynamicsm will differ from medium server and dead server....

There is no point creating that chart and 5 defender and 5 attacker at each portal etc... maybe that chart could apply for semi active server but not... Super Active server....

Thats why.... Ur going back and forth and isnt able to satisfy server like eu1 needs.... I think is better to have a rough percentage chart or something to make it easier to read and have chart for 3 server active, semi, and dead server.

Alewx

Splitscreen Studios
Reaction score
All this time and energy wasted on this pointless system.Scrap all of it and go back to the supply charge system but make supply charges cost clan dino dollars at something decently high like 50,000. This would keep players active all through the day and limit the low lvl spam drains and most other problems the old system had.

We tried this new system for months and its a complete failure.
Not gonna happen, supply is gone and won't return.

Hardwell

Reaction score
Server
America_2
Main Char
ZEUS
Clan
SHADOWS
If you guys are really serious on making 18hrs protected phase... Can we have some thrilling and exciting PVE/PVP elements.... That's not just shooting some fashioned bandits in black outfit.......

Alewx

Splitscreen Studios
Reaction score
I feel a chart isnt even necessary what you need right now is how to gauge different server time conflict from start to end duration...and from that data adjust your drain and heal chart table....

Becuase like i said many times.... There is am1 and eu1 super active server.... And obviously the dynamicsm will differ from medium server and dead server....

There is no point creating that chart and 5 defender and 5 attacker at each portal etc... maybe that chart could apply for semi active server but not... Super Active server....

Thats why.... Ur going back and forth and isnt able to satisfy server like eu1 needs.... I think is better to have a rough percentage chart or something to make it easier to read and have chart for 3 server active, semi, and dead server.
the 5 defender/5 attacker stands for the boost that they get.
And different mechanics for different servers are just not a thing, in the end it is one game.

Hardwell

Reaction score
Server
America_2
Main Char
ZEUS
Clan
SHADOWS
B
the 5 defender/5 attacker stands for the boost that they get.
And different mechanics for different servers are just not a thing, in the end it is one game.
But u know different server have different conflict duration in 1.5 hrs

Some will last for 45- 55 mins some wil last for 20-35 mins etc... how.are you gonna deal with those?

Alewx

Splitscreen Studios
Reaction score
B
But u know different server have different conflict duration in 1.5 hrs

Some will last for 45- 55 mins some wil last for 20-35 mins etc... how.are you gonna deal with those?
And the reason for that is mostly in different sizes of server populations, hence the DV scaling to take buildings. Which is to attempt to keep the average number of players per building during fights somehow similar, and therefore the timings.

SPA

Reaction score
Server
Europe_1
Main Char
@I1 E 4 E H 9l T 0 P
Clan
CHILL_ZONE
Like most times i got my own little rebellios attempt at timings for building fights, and would like to know what the ppl think about it.
View attachment 48283
This is a Plan from Highway about the timings for the building fights; which is also planned for a PTR version.
View attachment 48284

this does not solve the problem of "sub-clans"

DarkMyth.

Reaction score
Server
Europe_1
Main Char
Clan
Greek Aces
View attachment 48283
View attachment 48284

Well I personally didn’t expect such low rates, but since now we have 3 phases in a row and each 1.5h I think these rates make sense

And the slower it is, the more problems it might also solve

- Clans merging back into one (those who split into sub clans will merge back to their mains)
- Swapping will be difficult due to the slow draining and then attackers will have chances of beating you to it
- Attackers will need to be actively fighting a longer battles than 4-5 minutes for a site which will lead to conflicts lasting longer during the phase

In my personal opinion slower drainage looks better battle wise, and if you ask why sub clans will merge back, it’s because Highway reacted somewhere that the buff will become clan vs clan (which has to be tested well before it gets deployed), so that holding clan is gonna require more defenders resulting in them calling their split players to join back in the main clan

Alewx

Splitscreen Studios
Reaction score
Well I personally didn’t expect such low rates, but since now we have 3 phases in a row and each 1.5h I think these rates make sense

And the slower it is, the more problems it might also solve

- Clans merging back into one (those who split into sub clans will merge back to their mains)
- Swapping will be difficult due to the slow draining and then attackers will have chances of beating you to it
- Attackers will need to be actively fighting a longer battles than 4-5 minutes for a site which will lead to conflicts lasting longer during the phase

In my personal opinion slower drainage looks better battle wise, and if you ask why sub clans will merge back, it’s because Highway reacted somewhere that the buff will become clan vs clan (which has to be tested well before it gets deployed), so that holding clan is gonna require more defenders resulting in them calling their split players to join back in the main clan
Thanks for the perspective.

DarkMyth.

Reaction score
Server
Europe_1
Main Char
Clan
Greek Aces
And I just looked closely at the repair rates, in Highway’s idea the rate doesn’t change anything if it’s gonna be clan vs clan then defending clan will need higher repair rate than what was suggested in his idea, unlike yours

Because in a clan vs clan situation they will need every extra second they can get trying to save their site, and with slow repairing compared to draining we wouldn’t be changing anything because then there’s higher risks of losing instead of winning even if you match the attackers number or maybe even outnumber them yet lose due to time

Domino

Reaction score
Server
America_2
Main Char
-
Clan
-
Can't attack and defense increase or decrease the gate's yield? So if you defend a 200% gate, the yield goes to 400%, and when you attack a gate (and take it), the yield goes to 100% instead of resetting 50%. And ofcourse you still need to defend a phase before you can collect it.

- Leyenda -

Reaction score
Server
America_5
Main Char
- Leyenda -
Clan
-GLadiadores-
The time Dv maintains portals cannot be reduced. Generally the portal only lasts 1 day in the possession of the clan because in the 4th phase that portal passes into the hands of Dv, there would be no possibility of it lasting more phases? (I'm not sure at least 7/8 Phases) since it is spending a lot dollars just to improve as much as possible. :geek: :unsure:

Nebulon Galaxus

Reaction score
Server
Europe_1
Main Char
Nebulon Galaxus
Clan
Saviors
View attachment 48283
View attachment 48284

well now this looks much better then before while your chart alewx is more merciful towards small clans i feel its not the right way since if i understand corectly the upcoming adrenalin change attackers will be incentivised to join up into one single force in which case there could simply not be enough time to stop them on your chart using some of the old calculations i made if we had a situation where the clan is holding lets say 10 buildings and it gets attacked by a force of 15 to 20+ attackers in the first chart theres 5.1 minutes to kill them if we were there from the start and around 4.1 i think if we had to arrive there (the 1 minute response time) which might be too short to get rid of all the enemies present not to mention if its such a large force they could easily come back with a banzai charge and just rush to the gate and finish it off so i think the longer times are the way it also incentivises and rewards players for upgrading gates to their full potential im excited to see it on the ptr and also before all the forum attackers get here since they are basicaly doing 1v1s with the other clan its not too long if their strong enough since this way their get a long battle which they can win if their strong enough and then get rewarded with a site and it will help them potentialy hold their ground later if they want to try and hold on to their gates i see the second chart as a big step in the right direction

ps: i would still like to eventualy see atleast a bit larger gate circle radious (not going over walls just expanded in the free space around the gate) since as we could see in some videos in the past the ring can get rather cramped up if theres too many players doesnt have to be by too much but maybe like 50% or even slightly more would be nice so theres more space to move in for people so theres less cases of the player blob present

Alewx

Splitscreen Studios
Reaction score
well now this looks much better then before while your chart alewx is more merciful towards small clans i feel its not the right way since if i understand corectly the upcoming adrenalin change attackers will be incentivised to join up into one single force in which case there could simply not be enough time to stop them on your chart using some of the old calculations i made if we had a situation where the clan is holding lets say 10 buildings and it gets attacked by a force of 15 to 20+ attackers in the first chart theres 5.1 minutes to kill them if we were there from the start and around 4.1 i think if we had to arrive there (the 1 minute response time) which might be too short to get rid of all the enemies present not to mention if its such a large force they could easily come back with a banzai charge and just rush to the gate and finish it off so i think the longer times are the way it also incentivises and rewards players for upgrading gates to their full potential im excited to see it on the ptr and also before all the forum attackers get here since they are basicaly doing 1v1s with the other clan its not too long if their strong enough since this way their get a long battle which they can win if their strong enough and then get rewarded with a site and it will help them potentialy hold their ground later if they want to try and hold on to their gates i see the second chart as a big step in the right direction

ps: i would still like to eventualy see atleast a bit larger gate circle radious (not going over walls just expanded in the free space around the gate) since as we could see in some videos in the past the ring can get rather cramped up if theres too many players doesnt have to be by too much but maybe like 50% or even slightly more would be nice so theres more space to move in for people so theres less cases of the player blob present
Thanks for the input, definitly intressting.

About building radius, yeah was also intended from my side to increase it, but even 10% more already crosses some mountains :(

Nebulon Galaxus

Reaction score
Server
Europe_1
Main Char
Nebulon Galaxus
Clan
Saviors
Thanks for the input, definitly intressting.

About building radius, yeah was also intended from my side to increase it, but even 10% more already crosses some mountains :(
Well i just realised my input is more confusing then anything i was speaking about your chart being better (second chart with better repair) but saying its highways one (the first one) i thought yours was the first one sorry about that i apperantly not only forgot to put on my glasses but also start my brain xd

Status
Not open for further replies.