slejd2001

Reaction score
Server
Europe_3
Main Char
-R_3_V-3_N-A-N_T-
Clan
-I-Edgerunners-I-
@Highway could you show how token, jump gate construction kit item and other items from celebrity store will look like?

Pleiadian

Reaction score
Server
America_1
Main Char
Rembrandt.
Clan
-
The transition time might be shorter than regular teleports though.
Why not make this the default standard for normal Teleportation via Travel Gate? Shorter teleportation time is better for all.

Players are speed-hungry, everything is about speed.

How "Jump Gates" Work
As I understood, the range will be limited, and the Jump Gate can be specifically used to jump across an obstacle. (river or hills)

The fate of the Jump Gate will depend on how the final product will be. I know there are a lot of things you haven't finalized yet about this item. But there are a few factors that will determine whether this will be accepted by the community or not.

• How much [Token] will it cost from the Celebrity Store?--Considering the fact that Tokens itself won't be obtainable easily since we'll have to win them from offices (which require us to wait) to get them.
  • How frequently will they be used?
  • How long will the setup of the gates from both points take?
  • How frequently will we be able to activate these gates?-- will there be a sort of cooldown?

One thing I don't agree with is the ability to teleport through Jump Gates while in combat mode. For what reason is this condition applied? Ever since the Jump Gates will be on the local map and at a short distance, I believe it would be more fun to give this an exception.

(Perhaps if there will be a PTR or internal PTR between testers, this condition should be tried-- and the most fun is selected.)

Agusdim

Reaction score
Server
America_1
Main Char
Agusdim
Clan
The Revolution
Players can build jump gates (map shortcuts) manually by placing entry and exit points on the map where they want them to be (with some restrictions). Jump gate construction kits are obtainable through “Tokens” from the “Celebrity Store”. All players can use these jump gate shortcuts in both directions to quickly traverse the map.
It would be nice if the jump gate can only be seen on the map by colleagues belonging to the same clan, I'm not saying that only players from the same clan can use it, but everyone can use it, but only see it on the map people from the same clan, this would give it a more strategic use

2. Destuction is not planned right now. They will break down after a certain time. See answer above.
there should be a way to destroy a jump gate, this would give more strategy to a war between clans

OrionZG

Reaction score
Server
America_2
Main Char
WandersZ.
Clan
It would be nice if the jump gate can only be seen on the map by colleagues belonging to the same clan, I'm not saying that only players from the same clan can use it, but everyone can use it, but only see it on the map people from the same clan, this would give it a more strategic u
No le daría mas ventaja a los clanes dominantes?

Pleiadian

Reaction score
Server
America_1
Main Char
Rembrandt.
Clan
-
Map modification would only be done combination with the part 3 update. But to what degree it might be required depends on how the "Jump Gates" will already open up the maps naturally by the player
I'm getting the feeling that more effort will be put into the Jump Gate idea compared to modifying maps.

I'd like to remind the devs that this idea alone will not fix all the issues players have listed about the maps. Sure, it would create shortcuts and allow us to cut through obstacles and reach a destinated points a bit quicker.

Yet there are still a few important issues that will need to be tackled. Players have requested a more open and liberated environment to

• Allow more routes so that it would force the enemies to cover more area instead of them having to wait at just 2 endpoints (front or back) with the current linear design.

• Allow more maze areas to outflank the enemies and bamboozle them.

• Promote multiple routes to reach a destinated gate, so that it would give us more strategies and options for surprise attacks.

These are the few main issues that should be addressed. The current map layout is way too restricted.

Maujak Mountains is a special case of its own since it's the last map and the majority of the players hunt there--and not just war and battles.

Pleiadian

Reaction score
Server
America_1
Main Char
Rembrandt.
Clan
-
I don't agree with is the ability to teleport through Jump Gates while in combat mode
Inability*

there should be a way to destroy a jump gate, this would give more strategy to a war between clans
(x)

Based on the current information available on this item, I would disagree with that proposition.

Jump-Gate would be available through Celebrity Store and players will be able to purchase it with Token. To obtain Tokens, players have to win offices at the Town Hall--which that in itself is time-consuming. Now when a player would place their Jump Gate, other players would be able to destroy it.

This in return would discourage players from using this item, everyone would think it's worthless that such item that takes time to set up is destroyed in a few seconds.

It would be nice if the jump gate can only be seen on the map by colleagues belonging to the same clan, I'm not saying that only players from the same clan can use it, but everyone can use it, but only see it on the map people from the same clan, this would give it a more strategic use
I think that it shouldn't be shown on the map to anyone. At All.

Just let players search where that item is. We're trying to make it an open-world game after all, uncertainty about where this item is located would lead to a sort of manhunt.

OrionZG

Reaction score
Server
America_2
Main Char
WandersZ.
Clan
Based on the current information available on this item, I would disagree with that proposition.

Jump-Gate would be available through Celebrity Store and players will be able to purchase it with Token. To obtain Tokens, players have to win offices at the Town Hall--which that in itself is time-consuming. Now when a player would place their Jump Gate, other players would be able to destroy it.

This in return would discourage players from using this item, everyone would think it's worthless that such item that takes time to set up is destroyed in a few seconds.
I think it is necessary for the jump gates to be destroyed. Mainly to make them something on the side or something "not so frequent", and so the devs can focus on modifying the map, which is more important.

but obviously it shouldn't be easy to destroy a jump gates because it would be a waste of tokens :unsure:

For example, I would like jump gates to have a specific amount of life, and can be attacked by players. And when they are not under attack, they are able to recover.

slejd2001

Reaction score
Server
Europe_3
Main Char
-R_3_V-3_N-A-N_T-
Clan
-I-Edgerunners-I-
I think it is necessary for the jump gates to be destroyed. Mainly to make them something on the side or something "not so frequent", and so the devs can focus on modifying the map, which is more important.

but obviously it shouldn't be easy to destroy a jump gates because it would be a waste of tokens :unsure:

For example, I would like jump gates to have a specific amount of life, and can be attacked by players. And when they are not under attack, they are able to recover.
as for me, we should test first the scenario when they wouldnt be possible to destroy and see how it works

Highway

Splitscreen Studios
Reaction score
Yet there are still a few important issues that will need to be tackled. Players have requested a more open and liberated environment to

• Allow more routes so that it would force the enemies to cover more area instead of them having to wait at just 2 endpoints (front or back) with the current linear design.

• Allow more maze areas to outflank the enemies and bamboozle them.

• Promote multiple routes to reach a destinated gate, so that it would give us more strategies and options for surprise attacks.
Exactly this will the jump gates create in a more dynamic way than a fixed map design would do. When we go for the building combat on part 3 there might be some general map adjustments needed in addition.

vansh

Reaction score
Server
Asia_1
Main Char
.-W-H-A-L-E-S-.
Clan
dommy mommy hungry milkies
If only this update would come on in a few years... my plans have been ruined. :cry:

ZOLRAK

Reaction score
Server
America_1
Main Char
-ZOLRAK-
Clan
_THE REVOLUTION_
Sorry for the long silence on this topic. We had our heads spinning for quite some time and were heads down on a big Pirate Galaxy content update that is getting closer to get finished. (Sidenote: Pirate Galaxy & Dino Storm need each other and also share the same technical foundation. There is no favouritism involved and we try to balance our resources as good as possible between both games with a 6 people strong team :sneaky: )

It might not feel like it, but previous updates already paved the way for a few things that we need for the endgame updates to come in Dino Storm (splitting event achievement scores, monstrous dinosaurs spawned by lure cake). Right now we could find a good time slot to continue working on the complex design for the “Endgame Mechanics” for Dino Storm.

The last outline we have presented here to you was just a basic draft/overview to get your feedback on it. We tried to incorporate it, to make it better so you will hopefully enjoy it. We are planning to separate the Endgame update into three parts, which allows us to release them earlier. Here are the parts in order for their release.

• Part 1 (Jump Gates, ‘Celebrity’ Store, Tokens)
  • Part 2 (Townhall & Memorial rework)
  • Part 3 (Game building combat rework)

Let me give you a glimpse on what Part 1 will have in store for you:

Jump Gates
Players can build jump gates (map shortcuts) manually by placing entry and exit points on the map where they want them to be (with some restrictions). Jump gate construction kits are obtainable through “Tokens” from the “Celebrity Store”. All players can use these jump gate shortcuts in both directions to quickly traverse the map.

Protection After Map Transition & Teleport
Players will get a status effect that makes them invincible for a few seconds upon entering a map or when teleporting within the same map. The status effect will get deactivated early if the player is engaging in combat by using an attack or skill.

Celebrity Store (Token Store)
Dinoville makes room at the centre of the city for a new store to open its doors. This store will feature only items obtainable through a special currency item we call “Token” (names of store and currency are most likely to change later from our internal naming). Items are exclusive and some of them are locked only for sheriffs to purchase. With part 1 the store will have the new Jump Gate Construction Kits on offer, as well as a few other nice items.

Dinoville Tokens (Exchange Currency)
Tokens represent the currency used to purchase items from the "Celebrity Store". Designed for the endgame, they will ultimately be obtainable through town hall elections. But as this mechanic will be released later in a separate update, we will make Tokens available through other fitting ways that are available with the current game mechanics.

We hope that you will enjoy the use and construction of the “Jump Gates” as they allow you to have map shortcuts (almost) wherever you want them to be. Let us know your feedback and we are looking forward to releasing it to you later this year.
Will the current combat mechanics change?
If so, how would it be?

OrionZG

Reaction score
Server
America_2
Main Char
WandersZ.
Clan
Will the current combat mechanics change?
If so, how would it be?
At the moment, we only have information about bandits attacking our gates.

But the aim of the third part is to give variety and more gameplay around the gates.

Highway

Splitscreen Studios
Reaction score
what is difference between gates which have different colors?
The blue effect will be shown when hovering over a gate to see where its destination goes to. The red and green are used for the construction process to show the player if he can build the end of the gate on his current location.

OrionZG

Reaction score
Server
America_2
Main Char
WandersZ.
Clan
The blue effect will be shown when hovering over a gate to see where its destination goes to. The red and green are used for the construction process to show the player if he can build the end of the gate on his current location.
Will the construction process be immediate or will it have a specific time? :unsure:

slejd2001

Reaction score
Server
Europe_3
Main Char
-R_3_V-3_N-A-N_T-
Clan
-I-Edgerunners-I-
To keep you in the loop, here is another "Work in progress" capture of the new Store in DV:
View attachment 43719
Lets see which buildings need to make space in center of dinoville :devilish:
are you going to remove the bank in the center of dv? xd

Morty

Reaction score
Server
-----
Main Char
- Morty -
Clan
Since 2013
@Highway
I have a big doubt about the ''exclusive'' items, will they be new items?
or are items that you already have in the game with different colors, is it possible to give an example of the new items and if they will only be sold once for a while?

slejd2001

Reaction score
Server
Europe_3
Main Char
-R_3_V-3_N-A-N_T-
Clan
-I-Edgerunners-I-
To keep you in the loop, here is another "Work in progress" capture of the new Store in DV:
View attachment 43719
Lets see which buildings need to make space in center of dinoville :devilish:
also, why did you put carno there? like rex is going to be possible to buy there if im not wrong, why didnt you put it there? xd

Ulutin

Reaction score
Server
Europe_4
Main Char
Ulutin
Clan
Kurultai
Lets see which buildings need to make space in center of dinoville
1- Move DD Bank to somewhere else and place the new token market to current DD Bank's place
or
2- Place it on a unique place in DV or any other map

1650647681791.png and yes, please more customization meta!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.