Mania

Reaction score
Server
America_2
Main Char
I- Oly. Queen.
Clan
-Family Crazy-
You entered the forum on February 1, 2021.
As you say the past is the past, the devs were focused on other projects, they already clarified it. Last year they decided to talk about the future of Dino Storm and they told us that they would focus on this game. They did, throughout the DevShack we debated and talked with the developers about what we wanted, they listened to us and gave us a first sketch with the first phase of the PTR, there were bad things, we said them and after a week we had the changes, and thus in various phases of the PTR. Since before the update went live, nobody had complaints. It was after all these "new" participants arrived at the forum, who were totally disoriented or thinking that the changes were purely the idea of the development team, it is not like that. This update was made by those of us who participated in the PTR, and we debated our ideas in the forum.
i couldn't get into my old account which i had since 2016/2017, but that's not relevant to the conversation and you can't just dismiss what i have to say because this account is new.

i read the forums pretty actively last year and i can say that the dev communication was definitely not good and there really was not a lot of acknowledgment about complaints or suggestions people had. that ONLY changed last spring/summer when there were a lot of complaints about the devs spending all their time on pirate galaxy and how they were neglecting to keep the dinostorm community up to date about what they were working on and anything going on behind the scenes.

i have also read through this forum through all the ptr phases and live updates. and while yes, people come here after the update was made live, their opinions are still valid, and you can't just write them off because they showed up after the fact. there are plenty of reasons people might not have participated in the PTR, including the long wait times to log in, constant crashing, lack of free time, war on their live servers, and lots of other things. so their first interaction with the update is when it goes live. and to an extent, actually, they're right. while people did voice their complaints here on the forum and on this thread, there are plenty of things that the devs ignored (like how the combat mode still takes too long to turn off and how the mobs do too much damage) and that isn't the fault of anyone but the devs. they like and respond to the comments that argue against valid complaints for whatever reason. so yes, these new people coming into the forums have a good point, and no matter what you think they are entitled to voice those complaints and attribute the cause to people who won't listen.

Mania

Reaction score
Server
America_2
Main Char
I- Oly. Queen.
Clan
-Family Crazy-
The feeling of being misunderstood is horrible... I don't want the event to be easier, the problem is in the damage that the coelo that appear with the monster do. It is impossible to get out alive if 2 of them reach you, and in my view this is totally related to the damage of mobs in general. If any GM who speaks portuguese wants to help me with communication I would appreciate it, maybe it will make things easier.
yeah, the damage of the coelos is RIDICULOUS. even 2 of the level 50 ones against a max 55 will mess you up. and you're right, the mob damage in general is just over the top. if two rex bandits go after me and i don't have my heal button or roar available its basically guaranteed death. this needs to be addressed. luckily i'm done with the easter event so i don't have to deal with the coelos anymore but the mobs in general are too overpowered.

Agusdim

Reaction score
Server
America_1
Main Char
Agusdim
Clan
The Revolution
i have also read through this forum through all the ptr phases and live updates. and while yes, people come here after the update was made live, their opinions are still valid, and you can't just write them off because they showed up after the fact. there are plenty of reasons people might not have participated in the PTR, including the long wait times to log in, constant crashing, lack of free time, war on their live servers, and lots of other things. so their first interaction with the update is when it goes live. and to an extent, actually, they're right. while people did voice their complaints here on the forum and on this thread, there are plenty of things that the devs ignored (like how the combat mode still takes too long to turn off and how the mobs do too much damage) and that isn't the fault of anyone but the devs. they like and respond to the comments that argue against valid complaints for whatever reason. so yes, these new people coming into the forums have a good point, and no matter what you think they are entitled to voice those complaints and attribute the cause to people who won't listen.
You are wrong, they did not enter the PTR simply because it bored them or they did not like the mandatory 1v1, they did not want to try, they only wanted rex and make massive wars. America 1 broke out one of the biggest wars, and guess what? The dominant clan at that time also dominated part of the PTR maps for a time, being that we (their enemies) attacked day and night. Lack of time? The PTR was open for weeks, 24 hours a day. If you are busy 24 hours, then what are you doing arguing about a game that you are not playing?
The combat mode is perfect, and the mobs do decent damage. Those players who complain want to go back to the experience prior to the update, when you had 120k life and that is why you felt that recovery was working, and when with two shots you killed a mob without giving the mob the opportunity to hurt you. That was totally broken, the game made no sense.
They can express themselves as much as they want, it is an open forum, but all their complaints lack argument. Every thing they have complained about, I went to my server and tested it on my own, I did the same when the PTR was still enabled, and everything they say is false. Obviously if you do not know how to play you will die more, you will feel that you lose more life or you will not be efficient. New forum users don't want to adapt.
I sent you a private message so that we could enter the PTR and test what problem you had, I don't remember if you ignored me or told me directly that you didn't. So you complain but don't want to test? It is very clear to me, the only thing you want is an easier game where you don't have to think.

Agusdim

Reaction score
Server
America_1
Main Char
Agusdim
Clan
The Revolution
yeah, the damage of the coelos is RIDICULOUS. even 2 of the level 50 ones against a max 55 will mess you up. and you're right, the mob damage in general is just over the top. if two rex bandits go after me and i don't have my heal button or roar available its basically guaranteed death. this needs to be addressed. luckily i'm done with the easter event so i don't have to deal with the coelos anymore but the mobs in general are too overpowered.
Again you are in a mistake, I have a friend who with rex basic booster and without good clothes. He kills the Rex bandits very quickly. why? Because he uses rex correctly, what's more, I will do what I always do, make video and prove you wrong

Mania

Reaction score
Server
America_2
Main Char
I- Oly. Queen.
Clan
-Family Crazy-
You are wrong, they did not enter the PTR simply because it bored them or they did not like the mandatory 1v1, they did not want to try, they only wanted rex and make massive wars. America 1 broke out one of the biggest wars, and guess what? The dominant clan at that time also dominated part of the PTR maps for a time, being that we (their enemies) attacked day and night. Lack of time? The PTR was open for weeks, 24 hours a day. If you are busy 24 hours, then what are you doing arguing about a game that you are not playing?
people are allowed to criticize a game they play casually. things happen. when you're an adult, you may have to work when fun things are happening, or you might have to deal with family crises, or you might even just be too tired to play a game. just because YOU have plenty of free time doesn't mean everyone else does. also, they didn't HAVE to take part in the PTR. its within their right not to partake in the PTR and instead give their feedback when the update goes live. the beauty of gaming in 2021 is that you're connected to the internet and devs can update their games based on feedback at ANY TIME. its not just limited to when there's dedicated testing. look at other mmos, look at online shooters, look at pretty much any popular game ever within the past 15 years or so. overwatch has a PTR also, exclusive to PC, but i can guarantee most people that play overwatch don't partake in the PTR and instead offer criticisms or suggestions based off of live matches.

The combat mode is perfect, and the mobs do decent damage. Those players who complain want to go back to the experience prior to the update, when you had 120k life and that is why you felt that recovery was working, and when with two shots you killed a mob without giving the mob the opportunity to hurt you. That was totally broken, the game made no sense.
why is that broken? this game is pvp focused. there's no reason to make the pve difficult when it only serves to help you upgrade so you can reach the endgame....... which is pvp. i don't WANT to spend 5 hours a day hunting for items to sell for dd so i can defend my maps. its boring and shouldn't be like that. and i especially don't like that i can't just turn my brain off and watch tv or listen to music while i hunt because i have to worry about not getting absolutely murdered because 2 rex bandits decided to chomp my butt. i can almost guarantee most people don't care about the pve because there is just no substance to it.

They can express themselves as much as they want, it is an open forum, but all their complaints lack argument. Every thing they have complained about, I went to my server and tested it on my own, I did the same when the PTR was still enabled, and everything they say is false. Obviously if you do not know how to play you will die more, you will feel that you lose more life or you will not be efficient. New forum users don't want to adapt.
I sent you a private message so that we could enter the PTR and test what problem you had, I don't remember if you ignored me or told me directly that you didn't. So you complain but don't want to test? It is very clear to me, the only thing you want is an easier game where you don't have to think.
they have plenty of good arguments, you just don't want to agree with anyone for whatever reason. whatever, its your life, but people have made good points that (based off of others' responses and reactions to their posts) others agree with. and i had no interest in testing with you because you don't listen to what anyone else says and i don't have the patience for that. i tested the hunting on my own in the PTR and it was fine, my only issue was the combat mode length. the problem is that when the update went live, the devs changed the mobs from the way they were in the PTR so they were overpowered, and that combined with the long combat mode is what's causing problems for hunting. disagree with me if you want, but its what other people in this thread have been saying too.

Again you are in a mistake, I have a friend who with rex basic booster and without good clothes. He kills the Rex bandits very quickly. why? Because he uses rex correctly, what's more, I will do what I always do, make video and prove you wrong
okay, good for your friend? again, other people in this thread are complaining about the mobs and their damage. i can kill the rex bandits quickly too but they still shred your health. it happens to me, it happens to my clanmates, it happens to random people in my server that i just don't interact with. i'm glad that you're so superior at this game that you can play it with no issue but the rest of us just aren't that godlike i guess so we want things to be made more pleasant for us who are peasants.

snnrk

Reaction score
Server
America_4
Main Char
_Sunork_
Clan
-
It is funny how a simple comment generated so much discussion, in addition to talking about the subject that I discussed without even putting myself in the conversation, I felt ignored. :LOL:
This thread is for feedback from players to developers and not to discuss different points of view, for this we have the sections of "general discussions" in each forum, we will not pollute with unnecessary things. Nothing I said here was based on opinion, I just took one value, compared it with another, saw a difference and came here to know the reason, that's all. You don't need to create a fight of opinions because of that, you end up taking the focus of the conversation and disturbing with so many messages.

Agusdim

Reaction score
Server
America_1
Main Char
Agusdim
Clan
The Revolution
people are allowed to criticize a game they play casually. things happen. when you're an adult, you may have to work when fun things are happening, or you might have to deal with family crises, or you might even just be too tired to play a game. just because YOU have plenty of free time doesn't mean everyone else does. also, they didn't HAVE to take part in the PTR. its within their right not to partake in the PTR and instead give their feedback when the update goes live. the beauty of gaming in 2021 is that you're connected to the internet and devs can update their games based on feedback at ANY TIME. its not just limited to when there's dedicated testing. look at other mmos, look at online shooters, look at pretty much any popular game ever within the past 15 years or so. overwatch has a PTR also, exclusive to PC, but i can guarantee most people that play overwatch don't partake in the PTR and instead offer criticisms or suggestions based off of live matches.
haha why do you assume my age?
Like I said, if you're an adult and don't have time, then what are you doing criticizing a game that you don't play?
the internet exists since 1969... you know UnReal World (?

why is that broken? this game is pvp focused. there's no reason to make the pve difficult when it only serves to help you upgrade so you can reach the endgame....... which is pvp. i don't WANT to spend 5 hours a day hunting for items to sell for dd so i can defend my maps. its boring and shouldn't be like that. and i especially don't like that i can't just turn my brain off and watch tv or listen to music while i hunt because i have to worry about not getting absolutely murdered because 2 rex bandits decided to chomp my butt. i can almost guarantee most people don't care about the pve because there is just no substance to it.
emh, no. This game is a mmorpg focused on improving the character, pvp is the factor that is in the middle.
I still do not understand why it costs you so much to hunt, I can make 150k of dino dollars in an hour. I put lofi music on youtube, I go to discord with friends to chat while I hunt or I just put an anime on the second screen and I hunt. And it's very easy for me ... As I said, the Rex bandits counter them with armor; agility and dino defense .. The rest you can use strength and with a bite you take half their life. PvE has more substance than ever, now mobs use abilities, you have to be a little more intuitive in how to use your abilities as well, for the cooldown, for the status effect you give yourself or the bandit you hunt.

they have plenty of good arguments, you just don't want to agree with anyone for whatever reason. whatever, its your life, but people have made good points that (based off of others' responses and reactions to their posts) others agree with. and i had no interest in testing with you because you don't listen to what anyone else says and i don't have the patience for that. i tested the hunting on my own in the PTR and it was fine, my only issue was the combat mode length. the problem is that when the update went live, the devs changed the mobs from the way they were in the PTR so they were overpowered, and that combined with the long combat mode is what's causing problems for hunting. disagree with me if you want, but its what other people in this thread have been saying too.
xd
you say that I do not want to agree? you don't know me If you had accepted the invitation that I made you in the ptr and you had shown me that it was really difficult to hunt, or that you died very quickly or that it took time to heal, all this discussion would never have existed. It's my way of thinking, if we can't reach an agreement in the forum, then let's get into the PTR to test, @slejd2001 can tell you, I didn't agree with him on many things, like the nerf to dino reflect, the nerf to the dinosaurs tanks, the constant buffeting of the rex. We did not agree in the forum, we entered the PTR and it showed me that I was wrong and from there I changed my point of view.

okay, good for your friend? again, other people in this thread are complaining about the mobs and their damage. i can kill the rex bandits quickly too but they still shred your health. it happens to me, it happens to my clanmates, it happens to random people in my server that i just don't interact with. i'm glad that you're so superior at this game that you can play it with no issue but the rest of us just aren't that godlike i guess so we want things to be made more pleasant for us who are peasants.
I am not divine, nor enlightened, I just test and see what works best for me. If you want the damage to bandits so badly, then go ahead, if you want the duration of combat mode to be below 22 seconds, then go ahead. All this would benefit me, but that's the point, I already feel that hunting is very easy. Are they going to make it even easier? Does this make sense? What is the right balance in the difficulty of a game? I only question these points

You assume many things about me without even knowing me, nor did you give yourself the opportunity to know me :cheeky:

Agusdim

Reaction score
Server
America_1
Main Char
Agusdim
Clan
The Revolution
It is funny how a simple comment generated so much discussion, in addition to talking about the subject that I discussed without even putting myself in the conversation, I felt ignored. :LOL:
This thread is for feedback from players to developers and not to discuss different points of view, for this we have the sections of "general discussions" in each forum, we will not pollute with unnecessary things. Nothing I said here was based on opinion, I just took one value, compared it with another, saw a difference and came here to know the reason, that's all. You don't need to create a fight of opinions because of that, you end up taking the focus of the conversation and disturbing with so many messages.
Okay, I don't have anything else to comment on :cry::cry:

BERT

Reaction score
Server
Asia_1
Main Char
Russ Van Der Linde
Clan
--Death Machine--
hope mob damages will me reduced:confused:

Alewx

Splitscreen Studios
Reaction score
That table that I made shows the damage caused by mobs 54 on a player 55 with 0 defense points, I did not use alphas/veterans or young mobs for this, only "adults". I received information here that the mobs' strength points correspond to that of a normal dino, which we use. But if that is the logic behind it, we will have some discrepancies, for example: A lvl 55 para has 22523 strength points, which causes him to do 5630 damage and a lvl 54 para mob does 18970 damage, which would mean that he has 75880 strength points. I just want to know why that is.
And you compare it with the same equipment? without crits only the totally regular attacks?
The reason that they deal damage is quite simply so that you do something against them and that the healing skill has some actual use beside pvp. it is not just for decoration.

snnrk

Reaction score
Server
America_4
Main Char
_Sunork_
Clan
-
And you compare it with the same equipment? without crits only the totally regular attacks?
The reason that they deal damage is quite simply so that you do something against them and that the healing skill has some actual use beside pvp. it is not just for decoration.
Exactly, just regular attacks without any type of equipment, assuming that the mobs do not have any equipment. In the update on the 23rd it was reported that the damage was increased (to balance with reduced life, totally fair), but can you tell me how much has been increased? Tell me the values or the formula you used, this is the only thing I want to know, with it I will have a better idea.

Alewx

Splitscreen Studios
Reaction score
Exactly, just regular attacks without any type of equipment, assuming that the mobs do not have any equipment. In the update on the 23rd it was reported that the damage was increased (to balance with reduced life, totally fair), but can you tell me how much has been increased? Tell me the values or the formula you used, this is the only thing I want to know, with it I will have a better idea.
You are aware that there are certain things that can not be told.

snnrk

Reaction score
Server
America_4
Main Char
_Sunork_
Clan
-
I don't want to be boring or anything, I just want to know if the damage values I'm observing in my game are ok. But for that I need a parameter to compare it, right? Tell me "we increased the overall damage by x%" or something, it's a simple answer that players have a right to know.

MrEvert0n

Reaction score
Server
America_3
Main Char
-Mr.Everton-
Clan
-Renegade-
I don't want to be boring or anything, I just want to know if the damage values I'm observing in my game are ok. But for that I need a parameter to compare it, right? Tell me "we increased the overall damage by x%" or something, it's a simple answer that players have a right to know.
Maybe they didn’t increase, so they don’t talk :v

Agusdim

Reaction score
Server
America_1
Main Char
Agusdim
Clan
The Revolution
yesterday I wanted to improve my burning cold before going to sleep, from 53 to 54. I was missing 21 Gas dispenser and 50 Deflection amplifier, the Toxin Cartridge and Fastening Bracket I already had them stored in the warehouse (since I'm smart and I know how to hunt ) it took me less than 40 minutes. What is your argument now? And the Gas Dispensers drop me the T-Rex Bandits, and no. I did not go to level 50 to gather them, I got them in zone 53 and 54...

Agusdim

Reaction score
Server
America_1
Main Char
Agusdim
Clan
The Revolution
And where is that right established? When do you accept the policy and privacy of the game?

snnrk

Reaction score
Server
America_4
Main Char
_Sunork_
Clan
-
And where is that right established? When do you accept the policy and privacy of the game?
How am I going to play a game that doesn't give clear information? Or, how will I know that something is wrong if no one tells me what is right? :unsure:

Agusdim

Reaction score
Server
America_1
Main Char
Agusdim
Clan
The Revolution
How am I going to play a game that doesn't give clear information? Or, how will I know that something is wrong if no one tells me what is right? :unsure:
And why don't we propose an improvement to the game guide? So players like you learn to play easier? :geek:

slejd2001

Reaction score
Server
Europe_3
Main Char
-R_3_V-3_N-A-N_T-
Clan
-I-Edgerunners-I-
It's my way of thinking, if we can't reach an agreement in the forum, then let's get into the PTR to test, @slejd2001 can tell you, I didn't agree with him on many things, like the nerf to dino reflect, the nerf to the dinosaurs tanks, the constant buffeting of the rex. We did not agree in the forum, we entered the PTR and it showed me that I was wrong and from there I changed my point of view.
It's true, we entered ptr and we tested some of thing about which we didnt agree. I was saying that rex's hit chance down effect isn't useful enough, but after a while of testing on other things, this effect appeared to be very good already. Maybe you @Mania will see too that things are good already after a while of playing. For me some mobs are harder to kill, other very easy, depends how they and me act with each other.

snnrk

Reaction score
Server
America_4
Main Char
_Sunork_
Clan
-
So players like you learn to play easier?
I can't believe you're saying this to me, really? :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

And yes, bringing technical information helps "players like me" who like to analyze numbers and apply better strategies, so the right thing would not be to change the game guide, but rather its status system.

Faye

Splitscreen Studios
Reaction score
:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

The team is working hard on a proper model to map all variables that effect combat into a proper balacing model...

A picture of a snipped from a crazy excel forumula might say more that any words o_O;)
View attachment 37366
Guess we need a better to tool for this :unsure:

snnrk

Reaction score
Server
America_4
Main Char
_Sunork_
Clan
-
OMG :eek::ROFLMAO:

When I say formula it was literally not the lines of code, just the logic behind the equation, for example: every X reduced health increased X strength points (or something like that), let me myself I do the conversions, I just want to know why it’s like that in the game.

Mania

Reaction score
Server
America_2
Main Char
I- Oly. Queen.
Clan
-Family Crazy-
It's true, we entered ptr and we tested some of thing about which we didnt agree. I was saying that rex's hit chance down effect isn't useful enough, but after a while of testing on other things, this effect appeared to be very good already. Maybe you @Mania will see too that things are good already after a while of playing. For me some mobs are harder to kill, other very easy, depends how they and me act with each other.
i've been playing actively since this update happened. i have had difficulties hunting because the mobs can deal ridiculous amounts of damage and half the time my roar doesn't even work. thats not even an exaggeration. i've died so many times because i try to push whatever is attacking me away and the roar just misses. or i try to run away but the mobs follow you so far that you die anyway. or combat mode lasts so long that i run from a mob only to get killed by another one because i was still in combat mode and couldn't heal fast enough. its not that the hit chance isn't useful, because from what i've seen it is, it's that half the time it just doesn't work. maybe i'm just extremely unlucky, who knows, but i'm not the only one having problems hunting (based off of comments in this thread and in my clan chat) and i don't really know why you're so fixated on forcing me to agree with y'all.

Agusdim

Reaction score
Server
America_1
Main Char
Agusdim
Clan
The Revolution
i've been playing actively since this update happened. i have had difficulties hunting because the mobs can deal ridiculous amounts of damage and half the time my roar doesn't even work. thats not even an exaggeration. i've died so many times because i try to push whatever is attacking me away and the roar just misses. or i try to run away but the mobs follow you so far that you die anyway. or combat mode lasts so long that i run from a mob only to get killed by another one because i was still in combat mode and couldn't heal fast enough. its not that the hit chance isn't useful, because from what i've seen it is, it's that half the time it just doesn't work. maybe i'm just extremely unlucky, who knows, but i'm not the only one having problems hunting (based off of comments in this thread and in my clan chat) and i don't really know why you're so fixated on forcing me to agree with y'all.
No one can force another person to agree, we are all different and we see the world differently. I understand your complaint, you make it difficult to hunt, why? And you would have to focus on your comments in another address, instead of asking you why it is so difficult to hunt?, Ask, because other players are not difficult for them? What do they use? How do they hunt? To say that you are right only because a group tells the same as you, is to make fallacy ad populum.

Guih 154

Reaction score
Server
America_2
Main Char
Don Black
Clan
ROTA COMANDO AGUIAR
I would like to leave my congratulations to the Dino Storm team, the balance was very good, except for the fact that they removed the bleeding from the gatling: 'v (jokes aside). But I want to leave a small criticism here, I saw that there are no more random dodges, but when we are hunting, sometimes the weapon or the dino ends up missing some skill, and this is quite boring sometimes, it has occurred to me many times of die in the hunt because of that, couldn't you remove that at least in the hunt?

slejd2001

Reaction score
Server
Europe_3
Main Char
-R_3_V-3_N-A-N_T-
Clan
-I-Edgerunners-I-
Abou Hit chance down effect it was just example. that mobs chase too far i agree for 100%, about what i said before that it may make look pve very horrible.
What gun are you using? I'm asking bcs now precision and focus attributes affect dino hits and skills too. If you use gat then it has almost lowest focus, what may be the reason why you miss often, i have noticed difference of hunting using gat and showstopper(it has most focus). Hammer has lowest focus, so if you are using it then i recommend getting focus tech or before using any skills, better to use skill with extra which affects caster with hit chance up effect.

slejd2001

Reaction score
Server
Europe_3
Main Char
-R_3_V-3_N-A-N_T-
Clan
-I-Edgerunners-I-
I would like to leave my congratulations to the Dino Storm team, the balance was very good, except for the fact that they removed the bleeding from the gatling: 'v (jokes aside). But I want to leave a small criticism here, I saw that there are no more random dodges, but when we are hunting, sometimes the weapon or the dino ends up missing some skill, and this is quite boring sometimes, it has occurred to me many times of die in the hunt because of that, couldn't you remove that at least in the hunt?
its bcs every gun has different focus attribute value and focus attribute affects dino hits too. if you are using hammer then you may miss very often xd

Guih 154

Reaction score
Server
America_2
Main Char
Don Black
Clan
ROTA COMANDO AGUIAR
its bcs every gun has different focus attribute value and focus attribute affects dino hits too. if you are using hammer then you may miss very often xd
Yes, I know, but this is unnecessary in hunting, in fact, to lose any ability '' loa '' (loa I say when the target does not use neither implant nor agility clothes) I think it is unnecessary, but now if the opponent use it implant or anything else with the attribute of agility, it’s fair.

Status
Not open for further replies.