Reaction score
Server
America_1
Main Char
Agusdim
Clan
The Revolution
Quiero informar un error:

en las misiones para show "tootega" las misiones avanzan solo 1% mientras que antes de esta actualización avanzaban 2% 3%

Echa un vistazo capaz de que esto pase con todos los que dan misiones.
las turbas hacen demasiado daño

Otro punto sería mejor desbloquear nuevamente para todos según nuestro nivel de guardabosques los elementos nuevamente ya que todo comienza desde 0 o aumentar el avance de% a 5%
Dado que incluso las misiones se han vuelto aburridas con esta actualización más una por morir por las turbas sin violencia, casi no hay oportunidad de hacerlas.
Si crees que esto es un error puedes informarlo en la seccion de bugs. Pero siempre las misiones dan 1%, 1% y 2%

Alewx

Splitscreen Studios
Reaction score
Third day without a response or comment about the change in the damage of the mobs, anyway.

There have been some changes in today's update (March 24), by the changelog only the damage of the bandits' weapons has been changed, but I don't know why all sources of melee damage have also undergone some change. Therefore, I come here to update the damage table with the new values observed. Keeping the same conditions as the previous test.

New current value​
Increased damage (%)​
Parasaurus lvl 54
18970​
+252,34%​
Anky lvl 54
15575​
+306,07%​
Rex lvl 54
26009​
+146,78%​
Brontops lvl 54
11931​
+190,57%​
Smilodon lvl 54
20268​
+80,8%​

In order to avoid doubts or lack of understanding, the "damage increase (%)" is just to illustrate very clearly the difference between the values. And again, it is not so precise, I made these accounts in less than 5 min, if someone has more accurate values or has observed other damage values feel free to correct me.
The changelog of the 23. states that the damage was overall increased, while the 24. states the damage of the bandits is reduced. So i do not really see the reason for this?

Mania

Reaction score
Server
America_2
Main Char
I- Oly. Queen.
Clan
-Family Crazy-
We highly appreciate the time and investment you put into helping us improving the overall gameplay experience. And this does not solely apply to you, but to everyone who took the time to post constructive feedback on these forums!

While I can't give you the answers you ask for right now (I'm working on issues other than the actual unit balancing), I'm here to tell you that your concerns are being heard.

However, posts like your daily reminders, that don't contain new information, are simply not helpful. There are reasons why your issue hasn't had the highest priority (to the public). But ignorance or "not caring about the community" aren't among them. Slightly more important issues and the fact that not everyone is working on everything at the same time are just two examples.

So please, be patient and stay constructive.
just want to say that the devs/gms have a history of handling communication with the players rather poorly and thats why people are concerned. they have voiced their complaints about the mob damage for several days now with no acknowledgement by anyone who has the power to do anything, apart from... reactions to posts that agree with devs. in the past we've gone weeks without information, and indeed didn't know a dev had left until i think a month or so after the fact. so yes, you might not like that people mention the same things over and over, but its a natural consequence of issues that have happened in the past.

Agusdim

Reaction score
Server
America_1
Main Char
Agusdim
Clan
The Revolution
just want to say that the devs/gms have a history of handling communication with the players rather poorly and thats why people are concerned. they have voiced their complaints about the mob damage for several days now with no acknowledgement by anyone who has the power to do anything, apart from... reactions to posts that agree with devs. in the past we've gone weeks without information, and indeed didn't know a dev had left until i think a month or so after the fact. so yes, you might not like that people mention the same things over and over, but its a natural consequence of issues that have happened in the past.
You entered the forum on February 1, 2021.
As you say the past is the past, the devs were focused on other projects, they already clarified it. Last year they decided to talk about the future of Dino Storm and they told us that they would focus on this game. They did, throughout the DevShack we debated and talked with the developers about what we wanted, they listened to us and gave us a first sketch with the first phase of the PTR, there were bad things, we said them and after a week we had the changes, and thus in various phases of the PTR. Since before the update went live, nobody had complaints. It was after all these "new" participants arrived at the forum, who were totally disoriented or thinking that the changes were purely the idea of the development team, it is not like that. This update was made by those of us who participated in the PTR, and we debated our ideas in the forum.

Agusdim

Reaction score
Server
America_1
Main Char
Agusdim
Clan
The Revolution
As I see it, what many players claim is that hunting is not as easy as before. And this is perfect since before the damage we did was absurd and meaningless. Now every weapon, dinosaur, implant and technology performs a function efficiently, before it was not like that. What happens with most players is that they are very used to what was wrong, and it is very difficult for them to adapt. The last days if there were bugs and issues to be polished, little by little details are being polished, they have already lowered the weapon damage of bandits in general, increased the drop rate of items, corrected problems of the event. If the developers really ignore us, then why did they do all this?

snnrk

Reaction score
Server
America_4
Main Char
_Sunork_
Clan
-
However, posts like your daily reminders, that don't contain new information, are simply not helpful. There are reasons why your issue hasn't had the highest priority (to the public).
Yes, I agree that they don’t bring something so relevant but I was insistent to show other users that apparently didn’t notice the problem, where for example, they were complaining about the drop rate and it wasn’t that bad to become a priority (in my opinion). Given the current state of the game, I imagine you have a lot to do, but this damage problem is negatively affecting the gaming experience of many people, it is depressing to be full strength and cause less than half the damage you receive, in addition to the amount of DD lost. And that is precisely why I wanted an answer or comment, and now as you said, I can only wait.

snnrk

Reaction score
Server
America_4
Main Char
_Sunork_
Clan
-
The changelog of the 23. states that the damage was overall increased, while the 24. states the damage of the bandits is reduced. So i do not really see the reason for this?
I can't explain what happened here, on the 23 there was an increase and on the 24 there was a general change, not only in the damage of the bandits. It is because of these random changes that I was being so repetitive, as they make no sense and I hoped you could explain it to me.

Alewx

Splitscreen Studios
Reaction score
I can't explain what happened here, on the 23 there was an increase and on the 24 there was a general change, not only in the damage of the bandits. It is because of these random changes that I was being so repetitive, as they make no sense and I hoped you could explain it to me.
Hmm nothing more, i just midigated out the damage between the diffrent dinotypes so rex a bit less and brachi a bit more; but not a genrell increase. then only the reduction in mob weapon damage that is why it states explicit the reduction in bandit damage.

snnrk

Reaction score
Server
America_4
Main Char
_Sunork_
Clan
-
Hmm nothing more, i just midigated out the damage between the diffrent dinotypes so rex a bit less and brachi a bit more; but not a genrell increase. then only the reduction in mob weapon damage that is why it states explicit the reduction in bandit damage.
Now I was even more confused. :LOL:
And I can say with almost certainty that it is not just me, dismissing a possible bug with my game or misreading of values. A good example is being the mission of the monstrous coelo, where the mobs that appear with it cause a real massacre, I do not remember the exact values of damage that they cause but it is above 15k. If you want something clearer I can bring screenshots to show the values (although there is no change in relation to the table).

Alewx

Splitscreen Studios
Reaction score
Now I was even more confused. :LOL:
And I can say with almost certainty that it is not just me, dismissing a possible bug with my game or misreading of values. A good example is being the mission of the monstrous coelo, where the mobs that appear with it cause a real massacre, I do not remember the exact values of damage that they cause but it is above 15k. If you want something clearer I can bring screenshots to show the values (although there is no change in relation to the table).
Event monstrosities are a seperate toptic, they will get fixed and then cause real havoc :D

Pleiadian

Reaction score
Server
America_1
Main Char
Rembrandt.
Clan
-
Event monstrosities are a seperate toptic, they will get fixed and then cause real havoc :D
The worst that I've seen is players getting spawnkilled at Watkins by these little lizards.

Nonetheless I'm glad to have finished the event.

OrionZG

Reaction score
Server
America_2
Main Char
WandersZ.
Clan
But the problem that the players comment here is: The Mobs /Bandits, Veterans have a lot of strength, they launch their effects several times and the Rex's bleeding is very OP. Hunting is still difficult.

snnrk

Reaction score
Server
America_4
Main Char
_Sunork_
Clan
-
I went into the game to see if there were any changes and it continues in the same way, but I tested something that made me curious. Without any kind of defenses the damage received is the same as that of the table I did, but using armor and dino defense the reduction is quite considerable (it gets to be almost), but for some reason the smilodon damage is not being reduced.

Last edited:

Alewx

Splitscreen Studios
Reaction score
I went into the game to see if there were any changes and it continues in the same way, but I tested something that made me curious. Without any kind of defenses the damage received is the same as that of the table I did, but using armor and dino defense the reduction is quite considerable (it gets to be almost), but for some reason the smilodon damage is not being reduced.
Smilodons in MM?

snnrk

Reaction score
Server
America_4
Main Char
_Sunork_
Clan
-
Smilodons in MM?
Exactly. I should have recorded it to show it, as I went to check the latest update and the bug is no longer reproducible (I don't know why), it feels like I'm lying. With each new change implemented in the game something changes mysteriously, maybe I am in front of the computer for a long time and it affected my mind, or maybe there is something really interfering in the game, I can't know for sure, but I close this issue here. I still insist that the damage is very high, but wearing armor and dino defense alleviates almost half of the damage received (except in the coelo mission, where the minors cause unnecessary damage and there are no defenses to resolve, and now the monster does even more damage, lol), this is my final feedback.

Alewx

Splitscreen Studios
Reaction score
Exactly. I should have recorded it to show it, as I went to check the latest update and the bug is no longer reproducible (I don't know why), it feels like I'm lying. With each new change implemented in the game something changes mysteriously, maybe I am in front of the computer for a long time and it affected my mind, or maybe there is something really interfering in the game, I can't know for sure, but I close this issue here. I still insist that the damage is very high, but wearing armor and dino defense alleviates almost half of the damage received (except in the coelo mission, where the minors cause unnecessary damage and there are no defenses to resolve, and now the monster does even more damage, lol), this is my final feedback.
hmm if it would be the bandits then yes they are using some shock or even freezing, but the smilodons have nothing unusual.
Well like the bosses in quests the monstrosities are intended to be slayed by a couple of players.

Agusdim

Reaction score
Server
America_1
Main Char
Agusdim
Clan
The Revolution
hmm if it would be the bandits then yes they are using some shock or even freezing, but the smilodons have nothing unusual.
Well like the bosses in quests the monstrosities are intended to be slayed by a couple of players.
How will the players who arrive at the event in the last days and have to face 1v1?

I know that in Pirate Galaxy it is literally impossible to advance without the help of some other player or a fleet, in Dino Storm it is the opposite, it is better to do things just because if another player enters the mission they can delay you very easily

Alewx

Splitscreen Studios
Reaction score
How will the players who arrive at the event in the last days and have to face 1v1?

I know that in Pirate Galaxy it is literally impossible to advance without the help of some other player or a fleet, in Dino Storm it is the opposite, it is better to do things just because if another player enters the mission they can delay you very easily
Isn't that what you have friends/clans for to assist?

snnrk

Reaction score
Server
America_4
Main Char
_Sunork_
Clan
-
You are not understanding the real situation of this mission, it is not the group that kills the coelo, but the coelo that kills the group :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

It is impossible for anyone to take the damage for more than 30s, even in a group of 17 players I and most of them died at the minima about 6/7 times to kill him once.

Agusdim

Reaction score
Server
America_1
Main Char
Agusdim
Clan
The Revolution
Very few players do missions together, whether they are friends or even from the same clan. This is because the group mission mechanics do not work or do not perform as expected, it is what I feel when doing a group mission, with the exception of transport missions, missions where you have to kill, deliver objects or interact with something on the map, they take longer since both players have to do the same amount of interactions, if one does less, the other has to do more. This is where I feel like I'm lingering

Alewx

Splitscreen Studios
Reaction score
You are not understanding the real situation of this mission, it is not the group that kills the coelo, but the coelo that kills the group :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

It is impossible for anyone to take the damage for more than 30s, even in a group of 17 players I and most of them died at the minima about 6/7 times to kill him once.
for the case that it is a super special rare unit with mega super duper HP that is totally on par. even when it sounds harsh but that is intended.

snnrk

Reaction score
Server
America_4
Main Char
_Sunork_
Clan
-
for the case that it is a super special rare unit with mega super duper HP that is totally on par. even when it sounds harsh but that is intended.
Alright then, but please review the damage of the mobs, I am almost sure that if you have a problem and it is solved a lot will improve, including the killer coelo of that mission.

Alewx

Splitscreen Studios
Reaction score
Alright then, but please review the damage of the mobs, I am almost sure that if you have a problem and it is solved a lot will improve, including the killer coelo of that mission.
Which ones are issues? i checked several ones, with dino and weapon on par and only with enhacements available in that level region, and while it is not a brainless dumping of damage i really don't see an issue there. the alpha/veterans are heavy fighters that will take care, while the regular ones are easier to handle when you keep the right track of the skills.

Agusdim

Reaction score
Server
America_1
Main Char
Agusdim
Clan
The Revolution
The difficulty of the event is perfect, Easter gives very good rewards and in less than two hours you finish it. I don't think something easier is right

snnrk

Reaction score
Server
America_4
Main Char
_Sunork_
Clan
-
Which ones are issues? i checked several ones, with dino and weapon on par and only with enhacements available in that level region, and while it is not a brainless dumping of damage i really don't see an issue there. the alpha/veterans are heavy fighters that will take care, while the regular ones are easier to handle when you keep the right track of the skills.
That table that I made shows the damage caused by mobs 54 on a player 55 with 0 defense points, I did not use alphas/veterans or young mobs for this, only "adults". I received information here that the mobs' strength points correspond to that of a normal dino, which we use. But if that is the logic behind it, we will have some discrepancies, for example: A lvl 55 para has 22523 strength points, which causes him to do 5630 damage and a lvl 54 para mob does 18970 damage, which would mean that he has 75880 strength points. I just want to know why that is.

snnrk

Reaction score
Server
America_4
Main Char
_Sunork_
Clan
-
The difficulty of the event is perfect, Easter gives very good rewards and in less than two hours you finish it. I don't think something easier is right
The feeling of being misunderstood is horrible... I don't want the event to be easier, the problem is in the damage that the coelo that appear with the monster do. It is impossible to get out alive if 2 of them reach you, and in my view this is totally related to the damage of mobs in general. If any GM who speaks portuguese wants to help me with communication I would appreciate it, maybe it will make things easier.

S19

Reaction score
Server
Asia_1
Main Char
Ferrari FXX
Clan
-
coelo.png

I don't know how to explain that. But here's my input.

Basically players have found out that the best way to kill the Monster Coelo is to put it on a high level and try to let it stay there.. while it's up, the normal Coelo won't come down and won't do much damage.. basically it involves, an object in between player and mobs in order to kill it.

But in this screen, it happen that the Coelo just wouldn't go back to it's spawn point. It moved when a player from below attacked it then the monster Coelo followed the player.

Also, i think there's an issue, where the normal Coelo would follow players from a long distance.

For example: This monster Coelo spawned down the hill where the Smilodons are located. The normal Coelo are able to run behind me till the level 55 Easter NPC. I don't really think that it was intended that the normal Coelo follow players to such distance, please check!

Last edited:

Agusdim

Reaction score
Server
America_1
Main Char
Agusdim
Clan
The Revolution
It took us approximately 6 minutes and 30 seconds to kill a monstrous coelo. Without having to climb a mountain, using pure strategy and combining with friends. I died just a couple of times and didn't lose more than 10k dds trying, I think it's a good price to get 30-day violent booster.

Status
Not open for further replies.