Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Server
Europe_2
Main Char
-A S L A N -
Clan
Legends
recovery implant wasn't disabled, its just useless to use it on any dino beside tanks and maybe allrounders. i assume you were just using it on rex or carno, what is obviously useless to do.
so how do you explain the deactivation of the weapon when hunting?

FwtisTz

Reaction score
Server
Europe_2
Main Char
Natsu_Dragneel
Clan
Legends
Hey, can you guys hold off the new sheriff election system until like after August, please? e.e
jokes on you update wont come live for at least 1 more year, they did say its gonna be split into parts but i doubt we will have a full functioning update for at least 1 more year.

- V O R A -

Reaction score
Server
Asia_1
Main Char
VoraX
Clan
- U N T A M E D -
jokes on you update wont come live for at least 1 more year, they did say its gonna be split into parts but i doubt we will have a full functioning update for at least 1 more year.
I'm f*cking praying you're right lmao.

Igaflys

Reaction score
Server
America_4
Main Char
...BoBo...
Clan
xxxSTAR_STORMxxx
In my opinion it would be cool also if the sheriff position would guarantee a player a discount for items that can be obtained in this shop without having reached this election.

Igaflys

Reaction score
Server
America_4
Main Char
...BoBo...
Clan
xxxSTAR_STORMxxx
That would make sheriff position a bit more practical and sort of VIP thing. Also current sheriff wouldn't have to go into sheriff election anymore so more people who are not yet sheriffs can win it.

- V O R A -

Reaction score
Server
Asia_1
Main Char
VoraX
Clan
- U N T A M E D -
Can someone explain the new election system to me? I lost the one the devs posted.

From what I heard, anyone will be able to steal fame from gates and be given an equal opportunity at winning sheriff as the map holders? Wouldn't that make owning a map useless, and pointless to fight for? Or is it more complicated/harder to get fame for non-map holders? I'm so confused. '-'

Wh1teOkami

Reaction score
Server
Asia_1
Main Char
N O C T I S
Clan
Elysium
We are thankful for all the incoming feedback, as it is both important and valuable for Dino Storm development. The suggestions you’ve sent us so far have shown us that our plans for adjusting the game’s maps would not really affect the root of the issues at hand, and therefore not have the effects desired by the community.
Although there are many different facets and perspectives to your feedback, most of you wrote about attacking and controlling sites in order to earn fame and ultimately be elected Sheriff in the town hall, which also provides access to the precious tyrannosaurus rex. However, the most obvious aspects in gameplay are not always the ones at the root of the problem, which is why we attempt to dig deeper and gain additional analytical data—from the game, testers and GMs alike. This way, we want to reach the core of the issue. Going from the observations we have made so far, we are not convinced that revising the game’s maps alone would improve gameplay enough to be satisfactory.

In the last few days we had been intensively discussing a number of design iterations and concepts—but the further we went and discussed possible solutions, the more it became obvious that we would actually need to think about changing the main gameplay path for unlocking T-Rex. We already had ideas for changing the endgame mechanics and concepts on our to-do list, and now we needed to figure out whether we will have to tackle these ideas before or after any potential map adjustments are made.

We condensed the list of issues and points that need to be addressed down to:
  • Server-spanning alliances misusing their influence, deciding who gets and doesn’t get the T-Rex
  • Stalling endgame as soon as T-Rex has been unlocked
  • Rather boring and predictable gameplay around sites (Travel Gates, Claims)

Let us know what you think, or if we are missing important key points! ;)

Edit: Link to Early concept
Why dont you set up a Suggestion section in the Forum? People have many ideas but they often dont get seen

slejd2001

Reaction score
Server
Europe_3
Main Char
-R_3_V-3_N-A-N_T-
Clan
-I-Edgerunners-I-
Can someone explain the new election system to me? I lost the one the devs posted.

From what I heard, anyone will be able to steal fame from gates and be given an equal opportunity at winning sheriff as the map holders? Wouldn't that make owning a map useless, and pointless to fight for? Or is it more complicated/harder to get fame for non-map holders? I'm so confused. '-'
we will see how hard it will be to defend and steal fame when ptr for update comes, but it should be easier for everyone gain fame and win elewctions

- V O R A -

Reaction score
Server
Asia_1
Main Char
VoraX
Clan
- U N T A M E D -
we will see how hard it will be to defend and steal fame when ptr for update comes, but it should be easier for everyone gain fame and win elewctions
If that's the case, then I feel like I won't like this new update. I prefer fighting for maps and for elections, even if it meant my side losing our maps.

Pleiadian

Reaction score
Server
America_1
Main Char
Rembrandt.
Clan
-
Since the update will be done parts by parts, I don't think there will be any PTR or anything. It might be straight up be implemented from the inputs of GMs and Testers.

OrionZG

Reaction score
Server
America_2
Main Char
WandersZ.
Clan
If that's the case, then I feel like I won't like this new update. I prefer fighting for maps and for elections, even if it meant my side losing our maps.
Summary: They are going to redesign most of the PVP game

You can also fight for your sheriff, there will simply be no more players to decide for you.

This update has long-term goals and one of those is to reduce the clan monopoly that affects the game so much.

Last edited:

Hardwell

Reaction score
Server
Europe_1
Main Char
KiLL_S m 0 K E
Clan
PeakY BlinderS
TOPIC : Making low level feel more involved in war

To me I always feel that lvl 25+ player wanted to join war and get some involvement to keep the game exciting instead of just questing and farming

Suggestion:

- Make low level player be able to supply building so revamp the building system instead of making instead of making insley gate min.lvl to supply lvl 6 make it max lvl 6 and only that level and below that can drain the building

To me I feel that you should make insley max lvl 20 to supply gate and the next gate after it lvl 21 and so on and so forth as I feel that lvl 20 is minimum level to ready for pvp

And for other gate like Zarah make it max lvl 44 to supply or drain not minimum

How will all these changes help?

1. So not only higher level players and high position player can own the gates

2. Make low level players feel more involved in the game

3. Players won't feel bored farming and can pvp from time to time

4. There is no need to rush to become lvl 55 fast and keep grinding and get bored of questing and farming as you can still contribute in war and pvp as there are some gate you can drain

AnarchyGoD

Reaction score

To me I always feel that lvl 25+ player wanted to join war and get some involvement to keep the game exciting instead of just questing and farming

Suggestion:

- Make low level player be able to supply building so revamp the building system instead of making instead of making insley gate min.lvl to supply lvl 6 make it max lvl 6 and only that level and below that can drain the building

To me I feel that you should make insley max lvl 20 to supply gate and the next gate after it lvl 21 and so on and so forth as I feel that lvl 20 is minimum level to ready for pvp

4. There is no need to rush to become lvl 55 fast and keep grinding and get bored of questing and farming as you can still contribute in war and pvp as there are some gate you can drain

don't listen to this clown, he has +20 accounts and wants to make an orgy !! SUS

slejd2001

Reaction score
Server
Europe_3
Main Char
-R_3_V-3_N-A-N_T-
Clan
-I-Edgerunners-I-

Suggestion:

low lvl players already can be involved in wars and fights, they help drain and take towers and in future update even steal fame

slejd2001

Reaction score
Server
Europe_3
Main Char
-R_3_V-3_N-A-N_T-
Clan
-I-Edgerunners-I-
@Highway any information about when 1st part of endgame would be added to the game? Since you are posting mostly store's visual look and customization items from it, I assume its near to be finished?

Highway

Splitscreen Studios
Reaction score
A few technical and design parts are still in development. On the current schedule plan it looks like it should be ready on the next month. When testing runs smoothly it should not far away to be able to release it on the live servers.

Pleiadian

Reaction score
Server
America_1
Main Char
Rembrandt.
Clan
-
Will this be available from the Celebrity Store or in the next upcoming event?

I remember you showed us a yellow skin and you released it on the previous event Fred Ex, like what's the point of having it on Celebrity Store for Rex only when everyone already got it before.

OrionZG

Reaction score
Server
America_2
Main Char
WandersZ.
Clan
what's "fun" in terms of gameplay in this celebrity store?
because new clothes and skins look more like an event than an update
there will not only be customization xd

I think you forgot that the token store is one part of several that will involve many changes in the design of the game xd

OrionZG

Reaction score
Server
America_2
Main Char
WandersZ.
Clan
don't forget my suggestions :p

Galaxy

Reaction score
Server
America_5
Main Char
Galax
Clan
No clan
what's "fun" in terms of gameplay in this celebrity store?
because new clothes and skins look more like an event than an update
That's why I asked the question, because only clothes and skins were shown, but I believe that most people want to know and see what will be innovative or different in this store

slejd2001

Reaction score
Server
Europe_3
Main Char
-R_3_V-3_N-A-N_T-
Clan
-I-Edgerunners-I-
That's why I asked the question, because only clothes and skins were shown, but I believe that most people want to know and see what will be innovative or different in this store
We left most of them out as they are not fixed but here are some examples:
  • Item to construct map shortcuts
  • Item to lure monstrosities to visit a map
  • Item to contract pay Outlaw headhunters to protect an area from outlaws on a map
But dont nail us down on them. Its just some examples that this section could offer for the players to shape the gameworld.
Item to construct map shortcuts - jump gates are in development
Item to lure monstrosities to visit a map - was added during anniversary event

Galaxy

Reaction score
Server
America_5
Main Char
Galax
Clan
No clan
Item to construct map shortcuts - jump gates are in development
Item to lure monstrosities to visit a map - was added during anniversary event
After so long, do you think this is enough to please the players and bring fun? I'm wondering what have besides these things.

this new method of teleportation.(jumping gates)
and monstrosity we have already killed in almost every event and every year, is very little.

slejd2001

Reaction score
Server
Europe_3
Main Char
-R_3_V-3_N-A-N_T-
Clan
-I-Edgerunners-I-
After so long, do you think this is enough to please the players and bring fun?
a little. i'm just saying what else is confirmed to be in store, since you said that you thought that only customizations items would be there.

I'm wondering what have besides these things.
me also

monstrosity we have already killed in almost every event and every year
well yea, just with that item ig it would be possible to spawn whenever somebody wants

slejd2001

Reaction score
Server
Europe_3
Main Char
-R_3_V-3_N-A-N_T-
Clan
-I-Edgerunners-I-
@Highway @Gruni could you tell what would be dropping from killed monstrosities, which would be lured with item from celebrity store?

Status
Not open for further replies.