slejd2001

Reaction score
Server
Europe_3
Main Char
-R_3_V-3_N-A-N_T-
Clan
-I-Edgerunners-I-
Fourth point that makes the gameplay unentertaining.
Some smartass using photoshop to get players in a war banned (or better, ban the player who's about to go in an important election so that that player misses his application date). Go to another server, create an account with name of enemy swearing or saying things that would get banned and take ss and send to support. This always happens, and it's pissing off that it still is a thing.
with every picture there is info about when file was created and modified, so i think support is enough qualified to check it and compare time and date when picture was created, modified and what F11 shows on picture, unless there are some ways to change date of creation and modification

User000

Reaction score
Server
America_1
Main Char
User1
Clan
solo
We are thankful for all the incoming feedback, as it is both important and valuable for Dino Storm development. The suggestions you’ve sent us so far have shown us that our plans for adjusting the game’s maps would not really affect the root of the issues at hand, and therefore not have the effects desired by the community.
Although there are many different facets and perspectives to your feedback, most of you wrote about attacking and controlling sites in order to earn fame and ultimately be elected Sheriff in the town hall, which also provides access to the precious tyrannosaurus rex. However, the most obvious aspects in gameplay are not always the ones at the root of the problem, which is why we attempt to dig deeper and gain additional analytical data—from the game, testers and GMs alike. This way, we want to reach the core of the issue. Going from the observations we have made so far, we are not convinced that revising the game’s maps alone would improve gameplay enough to be satisfactory.

In the last few days we had been intensively discussing a number of design iterations and concepts—but the further we went and discussed possible solutions, the more it became obvious that we would actually need to think about changing the main gameplay path for unlocking T-Rex. We already had ideas for changing the endgame mechanics and concepts on our to-do list, and now we needed to figure out whether we will have to tackle these ideas before or after any potential map adjustments are made.

We condensed the list of issues and points that need to be addressed down to:
  • Server-spanning alliances misusing their influence, deciding who gets and doesn’t get the T-Rex
  • Stalling endgame as soon as T-Rex has been unlocked
  • Rather boring and predictable gameplay around sites (Travel Gates, Claims)

Let us know what you think, or if we are missing important key points! ;)
I've been playing dino storm for 9 years, I love this game, I learned a lot. I took 3 years to win the rex, it was difficult, but nothing in life is easy. The dino storm taught me that I need to do my best to achieve my goals. I am grateful for that. Every big challenge that I currently have in my life, I use my story in the dino storm (my trajectory to win rex) as a lesson. I know that if I try my best, I will win it. Dino storm is a game that shapes citizens. Regarding fame, I think the player should have autonomy over the amount of fame generated by his supplies. I think I could have more achievements. For 10 years, the main objective of the dino storm is to conquer rex, this cannot change, return autonomy of fame to players. The fan base is large and wonderful. after dino storm left facebook, the amount of new players dropped. Create new contests for sheriff, new elections over sheriff. This will increase the contest to win rex and obtain new achievements. People are driven by challenges. Few online games have remained active for 10 years. Do not change the main objective after so long. Dino storm did, does and will be part of my life. 9 years dedicated to this game. Thank you Dino storm, you made me a better person.

Targaryen

Reaction score
Server
Asia_1
Main Char
Lucas Apenaz
Clan
Yakuza
We are thankful for all the incoming feedback, as it is both important and valuable for Dino Storm development. The suggestions you’ve sent us so far have shown us that our plans for adjusting the game’s maps would not really affect the root of the issues at hand, and therefore not have the effects desired by the community.
Although there are many different facets and perspectives to your feedback, most of you wrote about attacking and controlling sites in order to earn fame and ultimately be elected Sheriff in the town hall, which also provides access to the precious tyrannosaurus rex. However, the most obvious aspects in gameplay are not always the ones at the root of the problem, which is why we attempt to dig deeper and gain additional analytical data—from the game, testers and GMs alike. This way, we want to reach the core of the issue. Going from the observations we have made so far, we are not convinced that revising the game’s maps alone would improve gameplay enough to be satisfactory.

In the last few days we had been intensively discussing a number of design iterations and concepts—but the further we went and discussed possible solutions, the more it became obvious that we would actually need to think about changing the main gameplay path for unlocking T-Rex. We already had ideas for changing the endgame mechanics and concepts on our to-do list, and now we needed to figure out whether we will have to tackle these ideas before or after any potential map adjustments are made.

• Server-spanning alliances misusing their influence, deciding who gets and doesn’t get the T-Rex

Whats mean
  • "Stalling endgame as soon as T-Rex has been unlocked" Can you tell me better?

Highway

Splitscreen Studios
Reaction score
Great to read that many of you are happy that we plan to work on the endgame mechanincs. Even when these are some tricky goals to solve it really motivates us that you follow us on that route. :giggle:

During the design/planning phase we will present you the ideas to get some early feedback, to get to know if we are on the right track of if we need to revise some of it. Currently we are still evaluating & extending our concepts with the new data we are getting over the next weeks to see how wars are played etc. Stay tuned.

Keep your feedback and ideas flowing.

Targaryen

Reaction score
Server
Asia_1
Main Char
Lucas Apenaz
Clan
Yakuza
Great to read that many of you are happy that we plan to work on the endgame mechanincs. Even when these are some tricky goals to solve it really motivates us that you follow us on that route. :giggle:

During the design/planning phase we will present you the ideas to get some early feedback, to get to know if we are on the right track of if we need to revise some of it. Currently we are still evaluating & extending our concepts with the new data we are getting over the next weeks to see how wars are played etc. Stay tuned.

How about optimizing the Dino Storm client before putting new things into practice after the rex, what to make the game fun, etc ...

Even with a great computer, and a great internet connection, I, among many, have the drop in FPS, since in meetings with many players in one place (Sheriff's Party, and War). In the same, using the minimum quality the drop in FPS is present.

Last edited:

St. Coelo

Reaction score
Server
America_1
Main Char
St. Coelo
Clan
Clan Steel Romero Mex
If you want me to explain with my opinion how wars are today compared to before, I will explain.

XxSr.DinoxX

Reaction score
Server
America_5
Main Char
Haddock
Clan
xXLegion Of DeathXx

@Highway , this idea may serve a little: https://forum.dinostorm.com/threads/what-does-dino-storm-need-3.20170/

MX Power

Reaction score
Server
Europe_1
Main Char
M X Power
Clan
Extra Power

Hello @Highway

Why not consider this idea: Allies/Rivals System

We all know that since 2016, that the clan & alliances influence have greater impact on players & their way of playing but instead of "Changing the main gameplay" to put a stop to that. Why not just embrace it and try work with it? As I see, this idea have already gained huge popularity among players.

Pleiadian

Reaction score
Server
America_1
Main Char
Rembrandt.
Clan
-
Hello @Highway

As I see, this idea have already gained huge popularity among players.
I also wanted this update to take place before that the Devs began to work on the maps. But now the topic is about End Game Mechanic and the suggested Allies System more or less would be in the maps update since it's parts of the gameplay.

snnrk

Reaction score
Server
America_4
Main Char
_Sunork_
Clan
-
Hello @Highway

We all know that since 2016, that the clan & alliances influence have greater impact on players & their way of playing but instead of "Changing the main gameplay" to put a stop to that. Why not just embrace it and try work with it? As I see, this idea have already gained huge popularity among players.
Being a hostage to an alliance that determines what you can and cannot do and when to do it does not seem pleasant, at least to me, I argue that they should not be encouraged, each clan seeking its own goals seems to be a more fun/interesting idea.

XxSr.DinoxX

Reaction score
Server
America_5
Main Char
Haddock
Clan
xXLegion Of DeathXx
@Highway , Will you still be doing Dev Shack 11 as the protagonist of the updates? Is all the work we know being exchanged and replaced entirely by the game's final mechanics? I hope you focus on both and show us the progress of the update, I want answers 🤔

Highway

Splitscreen Studios
Reaction score
First we will work on the end game concept and that might also include changes for the maps. We want to avoid to change the map multiple times in case the end game concept requires a specfic change etc.

GurinCrivel

Reaction score
Server
America_4
Main Char
GurinCrivel
Clan
- Imperio RoyaL -
[QUOTE = "Rodovia, postagem: 58484, membro: 15"]
Agradecemos todos os comentários recebidos, pois são importantes e valiosos para o desenvolvimento do Dino Storm. As sugestões que você nos enviou até agora nos mostraram que nossos planos para ajustar os mapas do jogo não afetariam realmente a raiz dos problemas em questão e, portanto, não teriam os efeitos desejados pela comunidade.
Embora haja muitas facetas e perspectivas diferentes em seus comentários, a maioria de vocês escreveu sobre como atacar e controlar sites para ganhar fama e, por fim, ser eleito xerife na prefeitura, que também fornece acesso ao precioso tiranossauro rex. No entanto, os aspectos mais óbvios na jogabilidade nem sempre são os que estão na raiz do problema, e é por isso que tentamos cavar mais fundo e obter dados analíticos adicionais - do jogo, testadores e GMs. Assim, queremos chegar ao cerne da questão. Partindo das observações que fizemos até agora, não estamos convencidos de que revisar os mapas do jogo por si só melhoraria a jogabilidade o suficiente para ser satisfatória.

Nos últimos dias, estivemos discutindo intensamente uma série de iterações e conceitos de design - mas quanto mais avançávamos e discutíamos as possíveis soluções, mais se tornava óbvio que precisaríamos realmente pensar em mudar o caminho de jogo principal para desbloquear T- Rex. Já tínhamos ideias para mudar a mecânica e os conceitos do final de jogo em nossa lista de tarefas, e agora precisamos descobrir se teremos que lidar com essas ideias antes ou depois que quaisquer ajustes potenciais no mapa sejam feitos.

Nós condensamos a lista de problemas e pontos que precisam ser resolvidos para:
  • Alianças que abrangem o servidor, fazendo uso indevido de sua influência, decidindo quem fica com o T-Rex
  • Stalling endgame assim que T-Rex for desbloqueado
  • Jogabilidade entediante e previsível em sites (Travel Gates, Claims)

Deixe-nos saber o que você pensa ou se estão faltando pontos importantes importantes! ;)
[/CITAR]
Quem domina tem que ter o rex, se os outros também querem eles que tentem dominar.

snnrk

Reaction score
Server
America_4
Main Char
_Sunork_
Clan
-
First we will work on the end game concept and that might also include changes for the maps. We want to avoid to change the map multiple times in case the end game concept requires a specfic change etc.
Do you plan to make a complementary change (for example, add new features and alternatives while maintaining what already exists) or do you intend to reformulate everything? This helps us to formulate more realistic and accurate arguments.

Highway

Splitscreen Studios
Reaction score
Do you plan to make a complementary change (for example, add new features and alternatives while maintaining what already exists) or do you intend to reformulate everything? This helps us to formulate more realistic and accurate arguments.
Thats a good question. At best we want to keep the core mechanics in tact (town hall, game buildings, etc.) and find a solution that improves on the defined goals without taking ages to develop. Sometime small changes can already have a big effect. We have outline a few ideas and might post an early draft here soon.

XxSr.DinoxX

Reaction score
Server
America_5
Main Char
Haddock
Clan
xXLegion Of DeathXx
@Highway , Well, I see the need to do specific missions for each map, all of them are the same that make the game repetitive, if you can change this form of progression to the maximum level it will be even better, without removing the XP value that the missions give , adding more diverse missions would cover the problem, thanks for your answers and we want more of your audience with us like this ☺

snnrk

Reaction score
Server
America_4
Main Char
_Sunork_
Clan
-
Thats a good question. At best we want to keep the core mechanics in tact (town hall, game buildings, etc.) and find a solution that improves on the defined goals without taking ages to develop. Sometime small changes can already have a big effect. We have outline a few ideas and might post an early draft here soon.
Okay, got it. Show us your ideas and we will use them as a starting point for this discussion, it seems that many did not understand the purpose of such changes, they need something to illustrate.

Targaryen

Reaction score
Server
Asia_1
Main Char
Lucas Apenaz
Clan
Yakuza
Changes at the end of the game. Can you give us a specific example of how you want us to provide feedback?Exposing an idea helps us to have a right path and correct feedbacks. Changes at the end of the game can have many meanings, from "what to do when I already got rex, and lvl 55full, my clan already dominates the map, I already have all the dinos, weapons, impls, techs, etc ..."

JHON JAIRO

Reaction score
Server
America_2
Main Char
Don Jairo
Clan
CLAN DESTINO
Changes at the end of the game. Can you give us a specific example of how you want us to provide feedback?Exposing an idea helps us to have a right path and correct feedbacks. Changes at the end of the game can have many meanings, from "what to do when I already got rex, and lvl 55full, my clan already dominates the map, I already have all the dinos, weapons, impls, techs, etc ..."
dame rex :V

SirCoral

Reaction score
Server
America_1
Main Char
Sr.coralillo
Clan
-Apocalipsis-
maybe we have the best of what we expected, it is not what I expected to hear but I am satisfied

Targaryen

Reaction score
Server
Asia_1
Main Char
Lucas Apenaz
Clan
Yakuza
How about optimizing the Dino Storm client before putting new things into practice after the rex, what to make the game fun, etc ...

Even with a great computer, and a great internet connection, I, among many, have the drop in FPS, since in meetings with many players in one place (Sheriff's Party, and War). In the same, using the minimum quality the drop in FPS is present.
I want to come back to discuss this issue, I think prioritizing optimization is the best way to get good results! We can put several suggestions, new dinos, new weapons, maps, etc ... But if the FPS goes down all the time, it affects the game, the player, and how are we going to have fun with this happening? I know, it is impossible to achieve a good performance for even those who do not have a large internet or a gamer computer, but help to get to help as many players as possible.Even if it makes a small / medium difference. @Highway

Morty

Reaction score
Server
-----
Main Char
- Morty -
Clan
Since 2013
- Hi guys

@Highway about Stalling endgame as soon as T-Rex is unlocked, how about adding something so that it ends up also worth the achievements of the game?
Because I see that many players do not give a damn about the achievements and the focus and only sheriff, I think if you change the form of the achievements or add valuable rewards or something that helps the player in some way that will enhance the complete game and don't just think about winning a sheriff, because when you open a profile and see them and only numbers that don't change at all, except sheriff and event achievements, when I open a player's profile and see him with 6k 7k of achievement I think it is incredible worth having no value at all.

slejd2001

Reaction score
Server
Europe_3
Main Char
-R_3_V-3_N-A-N_T-
Clan
-I-Edgerunners-I-
Hello @Highway

good point but from my point of view devs begun to work on maps and now with endgame so its better to finish these and then move on with other suggestions, as in the way devs may think about some more things to do what in the end will take much time to do all together

XxSr.DinoxX

Reaction score
Server
America_5
Main Char
Haddock
Clan
xXLegion Of DeathXx
@Highway i know off topic but can u change to "x500 basic booster" from "x250 basic booster" drops? pvp are long after that balance update, we are spending about 400 booster for one 1v1
Yea! I have some problems to make the normal booster as well as many other players, not to mention that the potent booster for me has the same rarity frequency as a Violent booster for those who are leveling up, but if you only increase it twice in quantity of booster, it's already great.

Status
Not open for further replies.