-Frigg-

Reaction score
Server
America_2
Main Char
I-.Mania.-I
Clan
-Olympos of Death-
its starting to get really infuriating that i die in pvp because i click my skill buttons and they literally don't even go off. please for the love of god fix this.

Thround

Reaction score
its starting to get really infuriating that i die in pvp because i click my skill buttons and they literally don't even go off. please for the love of god fix this.
Sadly, syncing after the last improvement is still far from perfect. Skills range span are set to match what is on server and its availability is set to match your client, so sometimes and most likely when you are chasing or evading an opponent, they appear in your client that they are available, but the fact is you are on server a bit far (close range effect) or a bit close (long range effect). One more step and your skill would actually activate.

We have tested what would happen if skills availability would match what's on server, not client, but then effects seemed to be out of range most of the time, even when you are in range, which seemed really confusing.

The real and only available solution is to push syncing into maximum accuracy, in my opinion. So that what's in server is exactly what appears in your client.

-Frigg-

Reaction score
Server
America_2
Main Char
I-.Mania.-I
Clan
-Olympos of Death-
well whatever the fix is, it needs to be done. its infuriating when i'm right on top of my enemy and i can't use any of my skills and then i die when i should've won and there's no way for me to know where i actually am in relation to the enemy.

Funkeria

Reaction score
Server
America_4
Main Char
chunkyfunkycentro
Clan
am4 TwerkTeam
yeah... I get things aren't easily but that would be one of the reason why the game isn't playable for some right now. should have been fixed. imagine hunting alphas or war with enemies and you think you have the "upperhand" or appear further away then zip back and they look at you like this...
hey.PNG
then BOOM! dead! rip DDs.
desgraça :V

Galaxy

Reaction score
Server
America_5
Main Char
Galax
Clan
No clan
Duels that last less than 10 seconds.

inaccuracy of position in combat, (the opponent on my screen appears close, but in fact is far away).

critical of weapons with absurd damage.

lvl 50 killing lvl 55.

inaccuracy in the range of the skills, requiring crazy "clicking" of the keys.

players and hunting animals that dodge without using any agility attribute.

and the problem of imbalance between dinos, weapons, tech and implant.

Some of these problems have been around for years, how long will players be forced to swallow this? we are almost in 2021 omg

slejd2001

Reaction score
Server
Europe_3
Main Char
-R_3_V-3_N-A-N_T-
Clan
-I-Edgerunners-I-
inaccuracy of position in combat, (the opponent on my screen appears close, but in fact is far away).
For devs and players, I think I noticed that there is difference between walking with keyboard and mouse, with mouse its more accurate than with keyboard and by a lot. When you walk with keyboard and then switch to mouse, character is like speeding up for others, but for player himself all seems to be fine. This thing still needs more observation.

Funkeria

Reaction score
Server
America_4
Main Char
chunkyfunkycentro
Clan
am4 TwerkTeam
For devs and players, I think I noticed that there is difference between walking with keyboard and mouse, with mouse its more accurate than with keyboard and by a lot. When you walk with keyboard and then switch to mouse, character is like speeding up for others, but for player himself all seems to be fine. This thing still needs more observation.
its funny you mentioned that.. i was walking with my mouse this morning.. someone said something about it on my server and i didnt understand at first

Typer

Reaction score
Server
America_2
Main Char
xXCarlosGXx
Clan
Strike Force

critical of weapons with absurd damage.

lvl 50 killing lvl 55.

players and hunting animals that dodge without using any agility attribute.

and the problem of imbalance between dinos, weapons, tech and implant.

Some of these problems have been around for years, how long will players be forced to swallow this? we are almost in 2021 omg
Seriously that 2020 will end and not even these gameplay problems will be fixed?
This is really scary and worrying.

@Highway , when do you also warn us that our game will have a possible test server this year?
Because the PG update progressed a lot from what I saw, but DS? it's been almost 2 months since they gave the last news.

Hail Hitler

-Frigg-

Reaction score
Server
America_2
Main Char
I-.Mania.-I
Clan
-Olympos of Death-
Seriously that 2020 will end and not even these gameplay problems will be fixed?
even better that most of the concerns that get addressed are regarding things like flash sales.... you know, where people spend money on the game.... but is it really worth spending money on a game thats this broken with no fix in sight? having flash sales seems kind of insensitive to be honest.

XxSr.DinoxX

Reaction score
Server
America_5
Main Char
Haddock
Clan
xXLegion Of DeathXx
With the balancing adjustments we are looking into every aspect that shapes the combat balance. Apart from weapons and dinos this also includes clothing attributes, Implants/Modules. We dont shy away change a few skills here and there to make the game play more fun while having a good balanced at the same time. In the end it should be possible that you can use your prefered dino and weapon and compete against other dinos.

From the dev front we finally have a convincing model for the balance as a foundation that will characterise each dino into roles. Their skill set will be adjusted accordingly to further empathize their gameplay role/character. Our first approach did not work out as we had planned but we learned a few things for the current iteration. We keep you updated how we progress on it. :)

Meanwhile If you want to test the changes early on, before they go live you can apply as a tester here: https://forum.dinostorm.com/threads/we-need-testers.11720/
você tem alguma previsão de quando a data do balanceamento chegará?

serverus12

Reaction score
Server
America_1
Main Char
exter
Clan
steel
que paso con la actualización llevan 8 meses desde que la anunciaron. Hagan algo pronto que ya todos los jugadores están aburridos de esperar...solo ponen eventos y mas eventos de ventas para recolectar el oro de los jugadores pero no se ve un cambio real en el juego..

razeryox

Reaction score
Server
Europe_3
Main Char
-I- R A Z E R -I-
Clan
Moon Star
Same for me, because of this i lose pvp

Slaideer..

Reaction score
Server
America_3
Main Char
Slaideer..
Clan
StormNight
well whatever the fix is, it needs to be done. its infuriating when i'm right on top of my enemy and i can't use any of my skills and then i die when i should've won and there's no way for me to know where i actually am in relation to the enemy.
The same happens to me. This is really boring. Please fix this soon @SupportSystem @Thround ...

Thround

Reaction score
The syncing issue is one that I have been tracking down since early 2019 and the introduction of Dino Rotation and the other adjustments that followed it.

So far this is also what I have noticed, that the source of the issue is moving with Keyboard, and everything seems fine while playing with mouse, but as we know, you can't do a PvP using only mouse.

The issue first appeared to be a "Delay in attack" whether by Dino or Weapon, so I kept on reporting this issue to our Developers until finally something was done about it. A new loop mechanism was added, and with intensive boosting to in-game syncing, finally the Delay in attack issue was solved, but a new issue emerged, it is when you click your skills but they are unavailable at the edge of your skill range span. Some attempts of fixing this issue was tried, but it backfired, and situation got even worse. So even further boosting to syncing was issued.

I could say that so far we haven't tackled the real issue here, because we can't see it, or understand why it is happening, but I know one thing for sure, it is related to Keyboard movement keys.

The same happens to me. This is really boring. Please fix this soon @@SupportSystem @Thround ...
Since I am not a Developer, or even a programmer, I can't promise you of a solution to this issue soon, or give you a date of when it will be solved. All I am saying is that we are aware of this issue & what you are experiencing. Perhaps a clue of why it is happening.

Crazy clicking won't solve the issue, you just need greater endurance as one step further is what it truly takes to activate these skills. I understand that you have to click many times in order to active your skill once it is available. But from my own PvP experience, that have been mostly a mistake. You should retreat, heal, then charge again, until you have close grasp on your opponent. Crazy clicking while having low endurance is pointless as you will never be close enough, even if you appear to be.

I do not say that this is "The Solution" but it is a way to adapt until this issue is fixed.

Galaxy

Reaction score
Server
America_5
Main Char
Galax
Clan
No clan
The syncing issue is one that I have been tracking down since early 2019 and the introduction of Dino Rotation and the other adjustments that followed it.

So far this is also what I have noticed, that the source of the issue is moving with Keyboard, and everything seems fine while playing with mouse, but as we know, you can't do a PvP using only mouse.

The issue first appeared to be a "Delay in attack" whether by Dino or Weapon, so I kept on reporting this issue to our Developers until finally something was done about it. A new loop mechanism was added, and with intensive boosting to in-game syncing, finally the Delay in attack issue was solved, but a new issue emerged, it is when you click your skills but they are unavailable at the edge of your skill range span. Some attempts of fixing this issue was tried, but it backfired, and situation got even worse. So even further boosting to syncing was issued.

I could say that so far we haven't tackled the real issue here, because we can't see it, or understand why it is happening, but I know one thing for sure, it is related to Keyboard movement keys.

Since I am not a Developer, or even a programmer, I can't promise you of a solution to this issue soon, or give you a date of when it will be solved. All I am saying is that we are aware of this issue & what you are experiencing. Perhaps a clue of why it is happening.

Crazy clicking won't solve the issue, you just need greater endurance as one step further is what it truly takes to activate these skills. I understand that you have to click many times in order to active your skill once it is available. But from my own PvP experience, that have been mostly a mistake. You should retreat, heal, then charge again, until you have close grasp on your opponent. Crazy clicking while having low endurance is pointless as you will never be close enough, even if you appear to be.

I do not say that this is "The Solution" but it is a way to adapt until this issue is fixed.
the players themselves who have to find a solution to live with gameplay problems, sad. 😒

slejd2001

Reaction score
Server
Europe_3
Main Char
-R_3_V-3_N-A-N_T-
Clan
-I-Edgerunners-I-
Currently when you use penetration and enemy is using armor, his armor blocks only around 98% of dmg from shots and about 1/3 (about this i may be wrong) dmg from dino hits. Will it still work same after balance update? Like will penetration effect dino hits or only gun shots will penetrate armor?

Alewx

Splitscreen Studios
Reaction score
Heyho, its me again. @Highway gave the freedom of updating you on the progress of the ongoing rebalance of the game to me.
So let's start where we left off last time: We had the Dinos and their skills as well as the Weapons and their skills ready.
In a next step we went to the Technologies and Implants to also get them in line so that things become far more balanced and provide a broader variety in use.
During last week we had a very first test where everything was "feature complete" and balanced, at least I thought so. During testing it was revealed that we were pretty far off from providing a good experience, with dinos suffering oneshot kills left and right.
This week we went right back into those depths again and revised some of the attributes and variables so that we would have far more solid grounds to work with. In the end, we got the very first very positive reviews from our testers (which is a huge relief for me)! Well there are still bugs left to crush, and some things are not working as planned and need to be changed to make sense, while other things still need one or two more steps in fine tuning, but we are excited to see that things are finally falling into place. If we continue moving into this very good direction, a public test might not be that far off!

(Nope no image this time :))

snnrk

Reaction score
Server
America_4
Main Char
_Sunork_
Clan
-
Heyho, its me again. @Highway gave the freedom of updating you on the progress of the ongoing rebalance of the game to me.
So let's start where we left off last time: We had the Dinos and their skills as well as the Weapons and their skills ready.
In a next step we went to the Technologies and Implants to also get them in line so that things become far more balanced and provide a broader variety in use.
During last week we had a very first test where everything was "feature complete" and balanced, at least I thought so. During testing it was revealed that we were pretty far off from providing a good experience, with dinos suffering oneshot kills left and right.
This week we went right back into those depths again and revised some of the attributes and variables so that we would have far more solid grounds to work with. In the end, we got the very first very positive reviews from our testers (which is a huge relief for me)! Well there are still bugs left to crush, and some things are not working as planned and need to be changed to make sense, while other things still need one or two more steps in fine tuning, but we are excited to see that things are finally falling into place. If we continue moving into this very good direction, a public test might not be that far off!

(Nope no image this time :))
Looking forward to being able to test. :love:
And if possible, review how attributes are scored. XD

razeryox

Reaction score
Server
Europe_3
Main Char
-I- R A Z E R -I-
Clan
Moon Star

but this problem was not 2 years ago

serverus12

Reaction score
Server
America_1
Main Char
exter
Clan
steel
que pasaría con la actualización de balance esta es la fecha ya culminado el año 2020 y no se ven rasgos de ella y tampoco un seguimiento paso a paso de la información...seguirnos esperando como siempre que el juego no se muera mas de lo que ya está. hagan algo pronto si es que en verdad les importa el juego y sus ingresos que les proporciona los jugadores mensualmente..

serverus12

Reaction score
Server
America_1
Main Char
exter
Clan
steel
What would happen with the balance update this is the date that is already over in 2020 and there are no traits of it and neither a step-by-step follow-up of the information ... keep waiting for us as always that the game does not die more than it It is done. do something soon if you really care about the game and your monthly income from players

Status
Not open for further replies.