Hardwell

Reaction score
Server
America_2
Main Char
ZEUS
Clan
SHADOWS
Main idea i wanna bring out is how people should stop being to identified as mapholder or kos they think they are the entity itself so, their feedback they give will always be 1 sided and not open minded with the afore mentioned idea people could experience both side now with terms " attacker " and " defender " and all clans deserve to have the feeling of trying out 2 sides to give future constructive feedback so that we can move ahead as a community...
@Alewx u jolly well already know this night phase will only benefit the defender and mapholder. And you agree with my point both party should have the roleplay of being both defender and attacker...what course of action will you take to make sure the community get that?

SPA

Reaction score
Server
Europe_1
Main Char
@I1 E 4 E H 9l T 0 P
Clan
CHILL_ZONE
@Alewx u jolly well already know this night phase will only benefit the defender and mapholder. And you agree with my point both party should have the roleplay of being both defender and attacker...what course of action will you take to make sure the community get that?
this is correct, but in fact it will still prevent everyone from enjoying the war, this phase change was definitely unnecessary

Hardwell

Reaction score
Server
America_2
Main Char
ZEUS
Clan
SHADOWS
this is correct, but in fact it will still prevent everyone from enjoying the war, this phase change was definitely unnecessary
The server im in there was a genuine fair war where times were unpredictable we lose sometimes we win....this phase just removed the hope of us getting any fame and fun....like morning phase ive got the edge over enemy, afternoon me and enemy were equal in power.... Night time enemy had edge over us... Its like up and down non stagnant shift of power making things fun..... With this new implementation...., ill just get run down by the other party everytime i log in their prime timing phase.....

I know america 1 people dont speak up due to language barrier and Eu 1 is favored due to common language of english so its easier to pass information to the devs and its active server but...

EU1 SHOULD NOT REPRESENT THE OTHER SERVER DYNAMICS .

Alewx

Splitscreen Studios
Reaction score
It is not up to me to decide alone.

Hardwell

Reaction score
Server
America_2
Main Char
ZEUS
Clan
SHADOWS
Insane... Just cause of eu1 mapholder getting butthurt when kos thrive all other server need to suffer thanks to their spamming feedback.......

xx-predator-xx

Reaction score
Server
Europe_1
Main Char
DaoS
Clan
fekete lovag
The server im in there was a genuine fair war where times were unpredictable we lose sometimes we win....this phase just removed the hope of us getting any fame and fun....like morning phase ive got the edge over enemy, afternoon me and enemy were equal in power.... Night time enemy had edge over us... Its like up and down non stagnant shift of power making things fun..... With this new implementation...., ill just get run down by the other party everytime i log in their prime timing phase.....

I know america 1 people dont speak up due to language barrier and Eu 1 is favored due to common language of english so its easier to pass information to the devs and its active server but...

EU1 SHOULD NOT REPRESENT THE OTHER SERVER DYNAMICS .
EU1 is not representing the other servers dynamics. But lots of eu1 players are posting here. Perhaps when players from other servers will post they will also mention the server where they're playing. But nobody can force people who mainly play on EU1 to care about any other servers . Live long and prosper.

RetroRevolution

Reaction score
Server
America_2
Main Char
-
Clan
Dark Max Retribution
Insane... Just cause of eu1 mapholder getting butthurt when kos thrive all other server need to suffer thanks to their spamming feedback.......
1 thing im not understanding why other servers always complain that eu1 always posts about the updates, but what is stopping other servers from also posting? if eu1 is actively playing/testing/posting why u wanna blame them for spamming, im from am2 and im posting, idk where everyone else is from and tbh idc but we shouldnt get butthurt because our servers arent on forum posting like others are

and im not even english i use translator sometimes, nothing stops other am players from doing the same

Hardwell

Reaction score
Server
America_2
Main Char
ZEUS
Clan
SHADOWS
O
1 thing im not understanding why other servers always complain that eu1 always posts about the updates, but what is stopping other servers from also posting? if eu1 is actively playing/testing/posting why u wanna blame them for spamming, im from am2 and im posting, idk where everyone else is from and tbh idc but we shouldnt get butthurt because our servers arent on forum posting like others are
Obviously other server are feeling the balanced in power and have the thrill of winning and losing... All eu 1 wants is total domination and will whine and spam forum of endless of days...and of course due to language barrier the america server cant voice their opinion ...

RetroRevolution

Reaction score
Server
America_2
Main Char
-
Clan
Dark Max Retribution
also many people work in the mornings, whether attackers or defenders nobody cares for example i personally wake up at 6am and leave to work at 7am and i was missing 3 phases out of 5, 1am 7am 11am phases i couldnt log because at 1am i sleep to wake up early for work, and 7am 11am i would be at work. and many others who play also have jobs or school/university later when summer is over, but now with the new schedule i am able to log in the 3 phases, but thats also just me personally, sure others have different lives but the majority has the same issue as me

RetroRevolution

Reaction score
Server
America_2
Main Char
-
Clan
Dark Max Retribution
O

Obviously other server are feeling the balanced in power and have the thrill of winning and losing... All eu 1 wants is total domination and will whine and spam forum of endless of days...and of course due to language barrier the america server cant voice their opinion ...
sorry but this would be just an excuse, im spanish yet im here, if someone cant write in english they can write in their language or use google translate and paste it here and to say other servers are feeling the balanced in power its a lie, most america servers also swap gates when phase starts this issue is not eu1 based, its a universal issue being abused by everyone not just alliances or call it defender clans, also attackers swap gates, u may hate eu1 or whatever idc and i dont even want to know anything about eu1 but everyone keeps spamming oh but eu1.. and eu1... but... bro nobody cares they are a server and they are people who are posting here, nobody holds ur hand or anyone's everyone is free to come here and post their opinion

Highway

Splitscreen Studios
Reaction score
I case this was lost in all the spamming:

Dont worry we can monitor many aspects and see if the data matches the feedback or not. We dont take any feedback without verifying it. BTW: Already missed your thoughful feedback, but can understand it gets tiring when the same stuff is written over and over here ;)

1. Not as difficult as it is stated here. If you upgrade your site HP to max level and keep your owned sites protected with defenders before the conflict starts it can be defended. Most conflicts we watched live were decided by the amount of attackers vs defenders. Many defenders only showed in small numbers when the site was lost. Relying in the ally will not work anymore (it is also not desired by design). (Adrenaline buff is there for this to limit their impact)
But nevertheless defence is a bit to difficult. Something we will fine tune for sure.

2. Jup that is true and we will look at that timings.

3. Yes also not ideal and we are looking into this as well. But we also saw that this is also countered by enemy clans right now to get many sites as well. So in the end it does not help the ally as much.

4. Yes but this is not a big issue as it helps to reduce ally support. Its rare that two clans fight each other for a building. There are plenty on a map and they can target another one. (at least this issue is at low priority)

5. Its what you make out of it. PVP itself is not touched apart from balancing some OP aspects.
We also dont decide over forum like/dislikes etc or polls ;)
Currently are in evaluation of several ideas and possibly found one simple yet effective solution. Stay tuned.

SPA

Reaction score
Server
Europe_1
Main Char
@I1 E 4 E H 9l T 0 P
Clan
CHILL_ZONE
I case this was lost in all the spamming:

We also dont decide over forum like/dislikes etc or polls ;)
Currently are in evaluation of several ideas and possibly found one simple yet effective solution. Stay tuned.
only more restrictions and conditions are now observed in the game

Hardwell

Reaction score
Server
America_2
Main Char
ZEUS
Clan
SHADOWS
@Highway , just please actually take feedback from people who play server where there is fair war.... With that its only where we can move forward... Or else weekly we will just be taking 1 step forward and 2 step back when gathering feedback from server that is 1 sided....

Reactions: SPA

Highway

Splitscreen Studios
Reaction score
Here just a quick one to get your opinion on:

Site unlocks fame items after first defence
  • Hold count needs to be 1 or higher to be able to take out items from a site

This ensures that attacker must also be defender to earn fame. So both parties want attack & defents to be fair to be able to earn fame. With this site swapping would result in 0 fame.

Additionally we plan to adjust the drain/repair timings a bit to balance it out based on our data. (a little longer time to overtake a site)

Hardwell

Reaction score
Server
America_2
Main Char
ZEUS
Clan
SHADOWS
How can at

Site unlockes fame items after first defence

This ensures that attacker must also be defender to earn fame. So both parties want attack & defents to be fair to be able to earn fame. With this site swapping would result in 0 fame.

Additionally we plan to adjust the drain/repair timings a bit to balance it out based on our data. (a little longer time to overtake a site)
How can attacker peak if u removed time phase where we peak?

NazzaFire

Reaction score
Server
Europe_2
Main Char
Male
Clan
Clanless

I see a contradiction, because everything is based on time, if time is increasingly longer, fewer actions can be carried out by the attackers

Hardwell

Reaction score
Server
America_2
Main Char
ZEUS
Clan
SHADOWS
Ideally with this implementation, during Morning phase, kos will have more power, making them defender and mapholder as attacker

Afternoon phase, there might be a spread of equal kos and mapholder...
Therefore an equal defender and attacker making things interesting.

Night phase, night time mapholder Will be defender and kos will be attacker.

With all these people will have the experience from both persepctive and will come to a middleground to wanting updates to benefit both attacker and defender.... Naturally we will stop going back and forth oh.... One week attacker buff patch, next week defender buff patch.... And never ending loop of fix and tweaks....with both parties being able to roleplay both attacker and defender i believe this will be the next step to revolutionized DS and make this the new DS meta B)
This needs to happen for attacker to be able to hold site for more than 1 count

Czarna

Reaction score
Server
Europe_4
Main Char
Czarna
Clan
- Eternal -
Hold count needs to be 1 or higher to be able to take out items from a site
So what is going to happen to a site if it is reclaimed each time? Is the fame going to accumulate inside of it? And then when someone is finally able to defend it for 1 phase, they could take out all the fame the site has produced over the course of however many phases it was active but "traded" each time? Or is the fame inside of the site going to reset each time it is reclaimed before anyone could take it's fame?

RetroRevolution

Reaction score
Server
America_2
Main Char
-
Clan
Dark Max Retribution

servers who swap gates don't do it for the fame tho, they don't want to risk paying 83k dd [not counting what they pay trying to defend it] to lose their site afterwards bcs in most cases they will lose it so they swap not caring about fame production

but ur idea sounds interesting to try at least, cant give feedback or complain about something without trying it

RetroRevolution

Reaction score
Server
America_2
Main Char
-
Clan
Dark Max Retribution
I see a contradiction, because everything is based on time, if time is increasingly longer, fewer actions can be carried out by the attackers
i strongly disagree bcs longer draining = longer battles for the site + keep in mind right now you have 1.5 hrs phase x3 and they are in a row, u can be prepared and u can choose to attack for example in the middle phase, and not when it starts, u can still surprise attack defender clans even during peak conflict phases, surely not like the past but its possible still. there is many methods to surprise attack a defender clan even with current updates, having a phase during midnight or early morning where most player base is offline isnt really "competing" to capture a site from a clan but during peak server time it brings serious competition as most are available to attack/defend but right now servers still swap

Highway

Splitscreen Studios
Reaction score
Its more a finetuning in the timings overall to not let the conflict not end to early and give the defenders a bit more time to react. Keep in mind it will benefit attacker as well as they need to defend themselves to earn fame from sites.

So what is going to happen to a site if it is reclaimed each time? Is the fame going to accumulate inside of it? And then when someone is finally able to defend it for 1 phase, they could take out all the fame the site has produced over the course of however many phases it was active but "traded" each time? Or is the fame inside of the site going to reset each time it is reclaimed before anyone could take it's fame?
If the owner of the site changes the contained items will get destroyed as it does currently. Accumulating it would lead to expolits. Means no rewards for anyone if no one defends. Mockup:
1720103633323.png

servers who swap gates don't do it for the fame tho, they don't want to risk paying 83k dd [not counting what they pay trying to defend it] to lose their site afterwards bcs in most cases they will lose it so they swap not caring about fame production

but ur idea sounds interesting to try at least, cant give feedback or complain about something without trying it
Hmm if that is the case they will swap sides for nothing?
But yes trying it out soon could be a thing as the idea isrealativle easy to implement.

Last edited:

Luka Patajac

Reaction score
Server
Europe_1
Main Char
Valmort
Clan
-NkSF-

Ok so what happens when site that is held for more than 1 conflict and it gets lost you will make that attacker also need to hold it for at least to claim fame as well?

RetroRevolution

Reaction score
Server
America_2
Main Char
-
Clan
Dark Max Retribution
Hmm if that is the case they will swap sides for noting?
But yes trying it out soon could be a thing as the idea isrealativle easy to implement.
basically yes for nothing, they give up on defending so they swap more like becoming "attackers" instead of defenders and remember basic gate only gives 700 fame so even that means nothing logically

..Arcadius..

Reaction score
Server
Europe_1
Main Char
..Arcadius..
Clan
F O U N D

That's a good idea to prevent abusing site swapping, but do you think people want to site swap and make negligible fame? I think both attackers and defenders don't like the fact that almost all servers are at 50% and no one is making fame. I think it would be better to address the root issue that the gameplay is flawed and forces everyone into keeping gates at 50%.

At the moment, there isn't any fun PvP aspect included other than just trying to kill each other while swapping, which is nearly impossible due to buffs applied on both sides. Gates are just swapped in a matter of minutes, and then people go off again, which isn't fun and demotivates people from playing the game.

Last edited:

RetroRevolution

Reaction score
Server
America_2
Main Char
-
Clan
Dark Max Retribution
Ok so what happens when site that is held for more than 1 conflict and it gets lost you will make that attacker also need to hold it for at least to claim fame as well?
i guess yes, attackers will be forced to defend as well if they want to earn fame, so earning fame from conflicts will be more difficult and not "free" anymore bcs then both sides need to defend

Highway

Splitscreen Studios
Reaction score
Yes exactly and therefore clans will mostlikely only reclaim as many sites they are able to defend afterwards.

The good thing is that arguements between attackers vs defenders should no be in focus anymore, as you are always on both sides to gain fame from sites.

Last edited:

Luka Patajac

Reaction score
Server
Europe_1
Main Char
Valmort
Clan
-NkSF-
Ok but if you reclaim build and manage to defend it for 1 phase does fame from 1st reclaim also count alongside new fame that got produced during first conflict phase after build got reclaimed?

Alewx

Splitscreen Studios
Reaction score

To be honest, i have huge doubts that these few 83k DD are actually that much of a cause, in the relation to the amount that gets burned during a conflict that is less than peanuts.
I suspect a lot more that it is something of "we told for 10 years what goes and who goes where and when", and continued now in this way.

RetroRevolution

Reaction score
Server
America_2
Main Char
-
Clan
Dark Max Retribution
To be honest, i have huge doubts that these few 83k DD are actually that much of a cause, in the relation to the amount that gets burned during a conflict that is less than peanuts.
nah i dont say 83k is a lot, basicailly in 30-50mins u can farm over 100k dd [with vio]
but if u constantly losing ur site then u are constantly paying 83k and eventually this 83k will feel like a lot, bcs as for defenders they paid 83k on each site they want to hold + almost double that for defending it if theres serious attacks, whole point is, us attackers we take it all for way too much less dd [only on dying/respawning] and most of the time it feels like "guaranteed" to take it anyways

Status
Not open for further replies.