TheDinoWarrior

Reaction score
Server
Europe_4
Main Char
LEVIATHAN GRANDZILLA
Clan
EUROPE IV LEGENDS
Is it not possible to have this update but without the 4 hour attack limit part per day?
It's pointless to attack buildings only to lose after a few minutes against allied clans for a few fame so 4 hour limit balances out both sides.

Czarna

Reaction score
Server
Europe_4
Main Char
Czarna
Clan
- Eternal -
these quests you just spoke about are actual tutorial stuff level 1 things basics of the game, attacking the buildings is something for players that are far more into the game at around level 10-15 where they might get introduced to it.
Canyon as the tutorial area would be a great place to introduce the ideas behind this game. To show the new players a reason why they might wanna level up, the aspects of the gameplay. After the quest is done, show a cutscene with players fighting over a gate, saying that they improve their characters for a better fighting chance at getting fame. Lead them to discover the town hall.
After the basic tutorial in Canyon is over, players can be lost and confused. The game only showed them to do missions - but what is the reason behind that? To learn about the game, they need to go visit all the buildings and read all the descriptions one by one without any real incentive.

TheDinoWarrior

Reaction score
Server
Europe_4
Main Char
LEVIATHAN GRANDZILLA
Clan
EUROPE IV LEGENDS
I don't know where you see balance in facing an entire alliance at peak time
Let's assume there isn't any time limit, which means gates will be attacked 24/7 let's say small clans holds gate for 5 hours in the day and alliance come in evening they take everything back. They will still enjoy 19 hours of fame lol.
24 hours of fame > 19 hours of fame (an example) hence, we need 4 hours of war time cuz even if we win ONE GATE during those 4 hours, WE GET TO KEEP 24 HOURS WORTH OF FAME! So yes, it's perfect.

Hardwell

Reaction score
Server
America_2
Main Char
ZEUS
Clan
SHADOWS
I don't know where you see balance in facing an entire alliance at peak time
And it is 4hr the devs didn't say we must Launch attack at the very first hour we could wait to attack after 1.5 hours or maybe even wait till the 3rd hour too attack so there is still some form of element of surprise I guess..

Galaxy

Reaction score
Server
America_5
Main Char
Galax
Clan
No clan
Let's assume there isn't any time limit, which means gates will be attacked 24/7 let's say small clans holds gate for 5 hours in the day and alliance come in evening they take everything back. They will still enjoy 19 hours of fame lol.
24 hours of fame > 19 hours of fame (an example) hence, we need 4 hours of war time cuz even if we win ONE GATE during those 4 hours, WE GET TO KEEP 24 HOURS WORTH OF FAME! So yes, it's perfect.
without the 4h limit, attackers could gather fame, just from robberies, without the need to maintain portals

TheDinoWarrior

Reaction score
Server
Europe_4
Main Char
LEVIATHAN GRANDZILLA
Clan
EUROPE IV LEGENDS
without the 4h limit, attackers could gather fame, just from robberies, without the need to maintain portals
Stealing 24 hour of fame > stealing fame of few hours or less (bro I already explained above that attacking for few hours of fame a day is useless cuz in evening they come and take it and enjoy more fame than us so why not both sides fight for 24 hours worth of fame and they won't be able to attack for 20 hours if small clans win so maintaing portal is not a thing actually.

SpinoFoxie

Reaction score
Server
Europe_4
Main Char
.- Captain.Duckie -.
Clan
NightDivision
Don't fight the truth, embrace your fears and face the reality. Ur ally time will be up and small growing clans will have the opportunity to have their hands on townhall too, it will only get better from here for those who will try to challenge allies which control all the maps and we will surely match your strength overtime regardless it be in numbers, holding more fame etc, thanks for reading.
think i care? either way if you get claims idc imma still kill you cuz yk we hate you :d

Pleiadian

Reaction score
Server
America_1
Main Char
Rembrandt.
Clan
-
Absolutely flawed logic.

You get to keep 24 hour of fame from 1 tower while the alliance gets to get 24 hour of fame from the rest of the tower that the small clan couldn't take.

In the end you lose, alliance win. 4 hour attack window close, everyone goes offline because they don't want to fight bots, game activity drop.

What positive does this idea even brings?

TheDinoWarrior

Reaction score
Server
Europe_4
Main Char
LEVIATHAN GRANDZILLA
Clan
EUROPE IV LEGENDS
Absolutely flawed logic.

You get to keep 24 hour of fame from 1 tower while the alliance gets to get 24 hour of fame from the rest of the tower that the small clan couldn't take.

In the end you lose, alliance win. 4 hour attack window close, everyone goes offline because they don't want to fight bots, game activity drop.

What positive does this idea even brings?
Bro I used 1 tower as an example and you took it literally as one tower xd

OrionZG

Reaction score
Server
America_2
Main Char
WandersZ.
Clan
And why not have the fame rewards from buildings split according to which clan has occupied or drained the area the longest?

I mean, one building could have a boundary shared by 3 clans. However, the clan that occupies the building will have the benefit of 50% or more while the remaining 2 clans will have the rest of 50%.

for example there are 3 clans, clan a, clan b and clan c.

Clan a that conquered the building gets 70% rewards, clan b was able to drain some and that's why it will have 20% reward and clan c drained a little but reached 10% rewards.

The drain percentage will be reflected on the building when the attack stage occurs.

The remaining percentage occupied by others is like "stealing", so that other clans can get something.

And if they think that there might be clans sharing areas, it would be unlikely because that would just make 2 clans concentrate in one place, leaving multiple areas unprotected. Similar to what proposes in endgame 3.

TheDinoWarrior

Reaction score
Server
Europe_4
Main Char
LEVIATHAN GRANDZILLA
Clan
EUROPE IV LEGENDS
How long will you have to keep collecting fame in order to block an opponent?

Point is, you're in the minority, you still won't be able to dent the alliance with that solutions.
I'm already sheriff, my duty is to help my members and I know how the ally works from inside to outside and my vision is clear on how it's gonna work, it's okay if you disagree but don't push your views on me bro xd

OrionZG

Reaction score
Server
America_2
Main Char
WandersZ.
Clan
How anti-cheat would help here?
The anti cheat is a software that detects cheat files (autoclicks) even detects multiple windows, all this information is collected and sent to the developers so that they have enough reasons to suspend accounts.

That's why I say, I don't know how likely it is that SS contracts the Anticheat license or if it is possible to see it in the future.

Especially if DS plans to come to steam because there are many games that have that software and it is a requirement (some) of steam

Last edited:

Sunshine..

Reaction score
Server
America_2
Main Char
..Nuclear..
Clan
No Clan
fame theft should be possible everytime.
the time of attack is up to the players to decide, as it has always been.

with stealing fame and a few more mechanics, attackers could wear down defenders while at the same time gathering fame.

this would make wars much more frequent, after all it won't be just the defenders who will be gaining fame.

defenders would have a lot more work and wear and tear, but it's a price they must pay if they want fame and dominate the city hall.

OrionZG

Reaction score
Server
America_2
Main Char
WandersZ.
Clan
And why not have the fame rewards from buildings split according to which clan has occupied or drained the area the longest?

I mean, one building could have a boundary shared by 3 clans. However, the clan that occupies the building will have the benefit of 50% or more while the remaining 2 clans will have the rest of 50%.

for example there are 3 clans, clan a, clan b and clan c.

Clan a that conquered the building gets 70% rewards, clan b was able to drain some and that's why it will have 20% reward and clan c drained a little but reached 10% rewards.

The drain percentage will be reflected on the building when the attack stage occurs.

The remaining percentage occupied by others is like "stealing", so that other clans can get something.

And if they think that there might be clans sharing areas, it would be unlikely because that would just make 2 clans concentrate in one place, leaving multiple areas unprotected. Similar to what proposes in endgame 3.
forget this better idea XDDD, this only benefits fake accounts

TheDinoWarrior

Reaction score
Server
Europe_4
Main Char
LEVIATHAN GRANDZILLA
Clan
EUROPE IV LEGENDS
fame theft should be possible everytime.
the time of attack is up to the players to decide, as it has always been.

with stealing fame and a few more mechanics, attackers could wear down defenders while at the same time gathering fame.

this would make wars much more frequent, after all it won't be just the defenders who will be gaining fame.

defenders would have a lot more work and wear and tear, but it's a price they must pay if they want fame and dominate the city hall.
Factos sis 😀

VioletRosa

Reaction score
Server
America_1
Main Char
.Rosalita.
Clan
_MaD BullS_
Or maybe (crazy idea) instead of having a drinking water quest inside of Dinoville Canyon we could have a dummy claim that will be attacked by a player and then defended from a bandit with clear explanation that this is a key part of the game (or at least the PVP side, it's still technically possible to go full PVE).
that made me so upset xD I legitimately thought we could take care of our dinos in that way but nope. sin purpose

OrionZG

Reaction score
Server
America_2
Main Char
WandersZ.
Clan
I don't understand this question, is this satire?

None of my statement support that.

I am rather, pointing at an abuse that you Devs have never addressed.

The fact that one player would be able to open multiple accounts on his machine and drain the max % and automatically take the tower.

In the given draft, that's infinitely worst than the auto-clicker issue.

I mean, what are the trade-offs here?

Implement a solution against a certain exploit, now you have to deal with another kind of exploit.

And I do not think that the best solution against the auto-clicker issue is to just completely remove the ability to click.
The easiest solution is the anti cheat, just that, although there are other ideas that could be added that would only limit the game. For example, fake accounts are mostly low level, it's very easy to kill them, but limiting them to a certain level like 15-25 so they can attack would be a bit boring for new players.

OrionZG

Reaction score
Server
America_2
Main Char
WandersZ.
Clan
The only problem I see here is a simple one, the DAILY attack phase is limiting and has its downsides as well as its upsides.

Advantages:
  • More activity in the game at that time of day.
  • More chance for weak clans to get something through other unprotected buildings.
  • Take buildings without using supplies.
Disadvantages:
  • Excessive use of multi-accounts.
  • Peak hour of active alliance players, showing a clear advantage against attackers in various buildings.
  • Chance not to play or win for x reasons (because the building was quickly captured or the player just couldn't for personal reasons).
  • The rest time would only make many players get bored and end up leaving because there is nothing to do.
I know perfectly well that another gameplay is planned with the claims, but doing dds, farming or improving things is boring, pve in ds is very boring in general and I include myself, this is one of the reasons why I leave the game. This new system is simply not compatible with the current ds and its pve, if the pve was different then yes.

Highway recently gave a possibility to add two daily attack phases, so I think it would be best to adopt that idea soon or even increase that number to 4 more.
4 moments of peace and 4 moments of attack every 3 hours.

In the morning (6:00 am), Noon (12:00 am), Afternoon-Night (18:00 am) and midnight (24:00 pm). Corresponding server time.

That schedule, in my opinion, would be more dynamic and accessible to everyone.

Hardwell

Reaction score
Server
America_2
Main Char
ZEUS
Clan
SHADOWS
They can make the 4hr transfer phase like a daily event mode. But the devs gotta come up with a main mode..that make pvp meaningful and worth it outside of this 4hr transfer phase...

TheDinoWarrior

Reaction score
Server
Europe_4
Main Char
LEVIATHAN GRANDZILLA
Clan
EUROPE IV LEGENDS
One 4 hours phase is good already but another 4 hours phase could be added in morning I think (12 hours worth of fame will be transferred each on both phases instead of 24 hours then) hope my maths is right xd

-l- Lucho -l-

Reaction score
Server
America_1
Main Char
-l- Lucho -l-
Clan
-Lost Legion-
This new system will not help the attacker, it will only increase the advantages for the Defender. For dominant alliances in Sv like Am1, their solution would be to activate once during those 4h and make the map change with another allied clan.

Example.
Only 1 acquisition is possible during those 4 hours of attack periods
Clan A has 10 buildings in MMJ.
Clan B has 10 buildings in CCV
Clan A and Clan B are allies.
During the acquisition phase, Clan A and Clan B change buildings. There is no need to worry about defending them until the next day.

It’s a potential abuse and a loophole in the draft.

- KrohneN -

Reaction score
Server
America_5
Main Char
- KrohneN -
Clan
Templarios s2
usually before she arrives, but when they test it, they always evaluate it well. So I think they should wait and test the update on the PTR first, before stating what's good or bad. But opinions are

TheDinoWarrior

Reaction score
Server
Europe_4
Main Char
LEVIATHAN GRANDZILLA
Clan
EUROPE IV LEGENDS
This new system will not help the attacker, it will only increase the advantages for the Defender. For dominant alliances in Sv like Am1, their solution would be to activate once during those 4h and make the map change with another allied clan.

Example.
During the acquisition phase, Clan A and Clan B change buildings. There is no need to worry about defending them until the next day.

You are right about it, this could happen and we need a solution for it.

AhmetCoşgun

Reaction score
Server
Europe_1
Main Char
-X- BinarySunseT -X-
Clan
Insomnia

eduardo.lancester

Reaction score
Server
Europe_2
Main Char
aLyazserseri
Clan
Crazy Cowboys
Liked the idea! Make it happen devs! and please add sound effects to Trex's war cry skill... It's been years c'mon guys

Highway

Splitscreen Studios
Reaction score

Example.

This should mitigated by the yield upgrades that are expensive for a clan which will be lost when the building changes the owner. (Current yield is only visible to the owner)

They can make the 4hr transfer phase like a daily event mode. But the devs gotta come up with a main mode..that make pvp meaningful and worth it outside of this 4hr transfer phase...
In addition to the 4 hour pvp combat per day: What if the gold claims are always owned by the Dinoville and can be raided by any player without a clan? Gold rocks are spawned in bulk every hour around the claims and players can attack them to make them drop fame items for everyone to pick up. No need to be in a clan and the fame items will directly go to the player inventory on pickup? Would something like that fill the gap to have something to do while waiting/preparing for the 4 hour period to come up? (Note: This is not directly the idea we have planned for 3.1)

Apart from that it would also be interessting to know why you think it is to easy for defenders to hold the buildings? Is it the rescue timers? How the gates can be used during attacks? Give us some more details/strategies that we can evaulate against the design.

Status
Not open for further replies.