SirCoral

Reaction score
Server
America_1
Main Char
Sr.coralillo
Clan
-Apocalipsis-

Besides, they should not be afraid to do something, if they do not know very well what the community will think, simply take a public test, as they did with the balancing update

JHON JAIRO

Reaction score
Server
America_2
Main Char
Don Jairo
Clan
CLAN DESTINO
More examples

This based on my idea of the abrupt change warning system

for my part I found this version much more movable and I hope to implement it, because with this map it gives us more options to play and not go the linear repta as a robot

XxSr.DinoxX

Reaction score
Server
America_5
Main Char
Haddock
Clan
xXLegion Of DeathXx
Time for some feedback round. :)

Here is the current plan for the goldfield map with its new shortcuts:
View attachment 41225
White = area a player can not walk on
Grey = new shortcuts
Colored areas & black = walkable area where each color is a level tier and black is clear from enemies.

What we wanted to achieve is that a player can traverse a level tier faster when using the new shortcuts. But we avoided to have shortcuts from one level tier to another as it would cause pathfinding issues guinding players trough highlevel terrain. etc.

What do you think about this plan for goldfields?
Wow! The map looks great! but something is still missing, paths!

@Highway Version/ My Version:

PhotoGrid_Plus_1618945379027.jpgScreenshot_20210420-154433.png

I tried to do my best, I took the fake insley way for Moore, if you don't want me to go there, please remove this weird stretch .. Or do as I did, because I think it would be better for adding wars and modifying a few more paths and a new expansion for hunting.

@Highway Version / My version:

Screenshot_20210420-155857.pngScreenshot_20210420-155846.png

On redw, I went up a little bit because I think it would be more balanced in Insley's way for Moore. I took these huts close to the redhead because they hindered the paths because of the stretches with many collision sites.

Screenshot_163.png

Screenshot_20210420-162134.pngScreenshot_20210420-162121.png

so I think that other than that it will get better and more installed, or it can decrease the size of the huts, or the quantity, and then they will go to the side.

I moved Davis closer to Sheridan and added a new path so that it is balanced out of the way for Barret, who has also been moved a bit away from Lowell, but I think it is already much more balanced out of the way of each portal to follow, to scott.

PhotoGrid_Plus_1618946652976.jpg
PhotoGrid_Plus_1618946674662.jpg
Please consider my idea positively, I hope you like.

@Highway , I think it would be really cool if you put that to us, players....

What do you think? Glad to know that you are changing the maps 😆👌

Attachments

Last edited:

XxSr.DinoxX

Reaction score
Server
America_5
Main Char
Haddock
Clan
xXLegion Of DeathXx
@Highway , remove this attachment for me?🥺

Screenshot_20210420-163551.png

DalekRaptor

Reaction score
Server
America_3
Main Char
DalekRaptor
Clan
Mesozoic Masters
But we avoided to have shortcuts from one level tier to another as it would cause pathfinding issues guinding players trough highlevel terrain. etc.
That isn't a good reason for no have paths from diferent level zones tiers, already the pathfiding system doesn't respect the actual paths on the game and send you to a higher or lower zone just because the distance from a point to the other is the shorter but it doesn't think on the real trayectory.
And if still you think the low levels players will enter to a high level zone without knowing then you can implementet the idea by @SirCoral about a warning similar to the ones when you are about to leave/enter a map. Or even make in game warnings such as similar to the red skulls ones (this was already suggested on forum but i don't remeber by who) or even neon cartels similars to the one from teleports, or another kind created by you.

slejd2001

Reaction score
Server
Europe_3
Main Char
-R_3_V-3_N-A-N_T-
Clan
-I-Edgerunners-I-
we avoided to have shortcuts from one level tier to another as it would cause pathfinding issues guinding players trough highlevel terrain. etc.
gates1.jpggates.JPG
Solution for this could be adding some message like "X level gate/tower" or message on npc "X level" while pointing with mouse on dots or question mark on maps where towers/npcs are, in this way players who havent unlocked the tower or talked with npc yet would know that somewhere there begins area with higher tier, i dont think its necessary that players would know where exactly it begins, as with old maps. How i remember i was getting interested into discovering by my self where exactly begins every higher tier area. Players anyway see from what level tower is accessible after unlocking it so it would tell that there begins higher tier.
Examples how it could look like on any map accordingly is shown on pictures above.

Or how @DalekRaptor mentioned what @SirCoral suggested there could be added messages, similar to when leaving/entering map, while entering a lot higher level tier

@Highway I miss some path in the market, sheridan and davis, I put 2 examples. Sheridan's path to Davis is very long
I would like to add my vision how gf could look like that there wouldnt be paths which would lead to higher than 2 and more tier areas, but that there would be several paths from tier to tier sequentially, not only through gates.
1618941178808.png
Red color shows where should be added some more paths to higher tier
Pink color shows where should be added at least one, to higher tier, of few shown paths

Last edited:

JHON JAIRO

Reaction score
Server
America_2
Main Char
Don Jairo
Clan
CLAN DESTINO

View attachment 41243View attachment 41244

I tried to do my best, I took the fake insley way for Moore, if you don't want me to go there, please remove this weird stretch .. Or do as I did, because I think it would be better for adding wars and modifying a few more paths and a new expansion for hunting.

View attachment 41241View attachment 41242

On redw, I went up a little bit because I think it would be more balanced in Insley's way for Moore. I took these huts close to the redhead because they hindered the paths because of the stretches with many collision sites.

View attachment 41246

View attachment 41248View attachment 41249

so I think that other than that it will get better and more installed, or it can decrease the size of the huts, or the quantity, and then they will go to the side.

I moved Davis closer to Sheridan and added a new path so that it is balanced out of the way for Barret, who has also been moved a bit away from Lowell, but I think it is already much more balanced out of the way of each portal to follow, to scott.

View attachment 41250
View attachment 41253

Mania

Reaction score
Server
America_2
Main Char
.X- Kyria -X.
Clan
Strike Force
And why? teleporter is just a freaking lot faster than walking.
And before you start off about the dinodollars, short insight from the game statistics, every week there are just about 100mil dinodollars more farmed than spend.
wow this is a really aggressive response coming from a dev....

during war a lot of times all teleports are red so they're rendered useless. the dino dollars are still a good thing to consider because not everyone has millions of dino dollars stockpiled, for numerous reasons. the map highway provided is literally just the same map but slightly more spicy. other people have provided really good ideas for how to implement shortcuts in a way thats more useful.

snnrk

Reaction score
Server
America_4
Main Char
_Sunork_
Clan
-

View attachment 41225
Grey = new shortcuts
Colored areas & black = walkable area where each color is a level tier and black is clear from enemies.

What we wanted to achieve is that a player can traverse a level tier faster when using the new shortcuts. But we avoided to have shortcuts from one level tier to another as it would cause pathfinding issues guinding players trough highlevel terrain. etc.

Well, it seems that everyone shares the same opinion and I will not be an exception, the way presented the update does not change anything significantly. The idea of opening the maps is to improve mobility in general and mainly to improve the dynamics of wars, I don't know if you have already entered a server during one, but the only existing strategy is: walking in a group going up and down the map, where it is the attacks / defenses are totally predictable because there is only one direction to go.

Here is my suggestion for change, it does not drastically change the original project, it only adds 3 strategic passages that allow most portals to have alternative access routes, without having to go through them all when walking on the map.

1618950013088.png

Red - Shortcut added/changed.
Yellow - Shortcut removed.
Blue - Gate moved.

Note: if you disregard the old passage from Insley to Moore please remove that dead end, it is only there to miss us and confuse new players.

SirCoral

Reaction score
Server
America_1
Main Char
Sr.coralillo
Clan
-Apocalipsis-
That isn't a good reason for no have paths from diferent level zones tiers, already the pathfiding system doesn't respect the actual paths on the game and send you to a higher or lower zone just because the distance from a point to the other is the shorter but it doesn't think on the real trayectory.
And if still you think the low levels players will enter to a high level zone without knowing then you can implementet the idea by @SirCoral about a warning similar to the ones when you are about to leave/enter a map. Or even make in game warnings such as similar to the red skulls ones (this was already suggested on forum but i don't remeber by who) or even neon cartels similars to the one from teleports, or another kind created by you.
very good points

SirCoral

Reaction score
Server
America_1
Main Char
Sr.coralillo
Clan
-Apocalipsis-
Well, it seems that everyone shares the same opinion and I will not be an exception, the way presented the update does not change anything significantly. The idea of opening the maps is to improve mobility in general and mainly to improve the dynamics of wars, I don't know if you have already entered a server during one, but the only existing strategy is: walking in a group going up and down the map, where it is the attacks / defenses are totally predictable because there is only one direction to go.

Here is my suggestion for change, it does not drastically change the original project, it only adds 3 strategic passages that allow most portals to have alternative access routes, without having to go through them all when walking on the map.

View attachment 41257

Blue - Gate moved.

Note: if you disregard the old passage from Insley to Moore please remove that dead end, it is only there to miss us and confuse new players.
I quite like this,

in this map you can do various types of strategy, I like it

SirCoral

Reaction score
Server
America_1
Main Char
Sr.coralillo
Clan
-Apocalipsis-

View attachment 41257

Blue - Gate moved.

I would still add a zone 13 to 14 road, I'd still add a zone 13-14 road, and the map would be pretty good

SirCoral

Reaction score
Server
America_1
Main Char
Sr.coralillo
Clan
-Apocalipsis-

If you are going to update the maps, please do it with good quality, even if it takes longer, if I'm not mistaken, the most important thing is quality and not doing it as quickly as possible.

SirCoral

Reaction score
Server
America_1
Main Char
Sr.coralillo
Clan
-Apocalipsis-

View attachment 41243View attachment 41244

View attachment 41241View attachment 41242

View attachment 41246

View attachment 41248View attachment 41249

View attachment 41250
View attachment 41253

it's better than the highway showed, but it's still too linear

Esteban

Reaction score
Server
America_3
Main Char
TebiSuas
Clan
-Twilight-
Es mi idea, solo son 4 rutas que no afectan en nada a los niveles bajos porque se puede cazar 4 niveles por encima y de hecho es lo que todos buscan para mejorar rápido e incluso es una ventaja para ellos al momento de cazar porque les corta camino y reduce posibilidades de morir por alfa y a los niveles altos nos da la oportunidad de viajar más rápido para defender las zonas cuando el mapa se allá completamente rojo.
gf.png

SirCoral

Reaction score
Server
America_1
Main Char
Sr.coralillo
Clan
-Apocalipsis-
wow this is a really aggressive response coming from a dev....

during war a lot of times all teleports are red so they're rendered useless. the dino dollars are still a good thing to consider because not everyone has millions of dino dollars stockpiled, for numerous reasons. the map highway provided is literally just the same map but slightly more spicy. other people have provided really good ideas for how to implement shortcuts in a way thats more useful.
exactly mania, I agree

SirCoral

Reaction score
Server
America_1
Main Char
Sr.coralillo
Clan
-Apocalipsis-
Es mi idea, solo son 4 rutas que no afectan en nada a los niveles bajos porque se puede cazar 4 niveles por encima y de hecho es lo que todos buscan para mejorar rápido e incluso es una ventaja para ellos al momento de cazar porque les corta camino y reduce posibilidades de morir por alfa y a los niveles altos nos da la oportunidad de viajar más rápido para defender las zonas cuando el mapa se allá completamente rojo.
View attachment 41258
Buen mapa, sería bueno mover Insley mas a la entrada y el camino a zona 9 desde zona 7 hace que russell este muy pegado a moore, lo mejor sería mover ese camino para que apunte a la zona inferior.
por lo demás me gusto, buen diseño compañero

SirCoral

Reaction score
Server
America_1
Main Char
Sr.coralillo
Clan
-Apocalipsis-
View attachment 41252View attachment 41254
Solution for this could be adding some message like "X level gate/tower" or message on npc "X level" while pointing with mouse on dots or question mark on maps where towers/npcs are, in this way players who havent unlocked the tower or talked with npc yet would know that somewhere there begins area with higher tier, i dont think its necessary that players would know where exactly it begins, as with old maps. How i remember i was getting interested into discovering by my self where exactly begins every higher tier area. Players anyway see from what level tower is accessible after unlocking it so it would tell that there begins higher tier.
Examples how it could look like on any map accordingly is shown on pictures above.

Or how @DalekRaptor mentioned what @SirCoral suggested there could be added messages, similar to when leaving/entering map, while entering a lot higher level tier

I would like to add my vision how gf could look like that there wouldnt be paths which would lead to higher than 2 and more tier areas, but that there would be several paths from tier to tier sequentially, not only through gates.
View attachment 41256
Pink color shows where should be added at least one, to higher tier, of few shown paths
good idea

Agusdim

Reaction score
Server
America_1
Main Char
Agusdim
Clan
The Revolution

View attachment 41225
Grey = new shortcuts

I consider this version too linear, they only open a couple of ways, otherwise it is a copy paste of the current version. Can't really make bigger modifications? or do not want?
The problems that arise with the searches is something that you should solve.
What the community is looking for is not only shortcuts, but also a renovation of the maps, something new.

snnrk

Reaction score
Server
America_4
Main Char
_Sunork_
Clan
-
I would still add a zone 13 to 14 road, I'd still add a zone 13-14 road, and the map would be pretty good
I do not think it is necessary, because this way you take Scott out of the exit route and the last gate should be the only one to lead to the exit path of the map (my opinion). Unfortunately the design of that region of the map only allows 2 paths out of Scott (Scott-Mokon or Scott-Lowell), adding any other shortcut would only render this gate unusable.

SirCoral

Reaction score
Server
America_1
Main Char
Sr.coralillo
Clan
-Apocalipsis-
I do not think it is necessary, because this way you take Scott out of the exit route and the last gate should be the only one to lead to the exit path of the map (my opinion). Unfortunately the design of that region of the map only allows 2 paths out of Scott (Scott-Mokon or Scott-Lowell), adding any other shortcut would only render this gate unusable.
you are right

Agusdim

Reaction score
Server
America_1
Main Char
Agusdim
Clan
The Revolution
Another question I have, how true is it that increasing the size of the map would generate more lag? In Pirate Galaxy there are many more and bigger maps, and this lag is not fulfilled.

Agusdim

Reaction score
Server
America_1
Main Char
Agusdim
Clan
The Revolution
And why? teleporter is just a freaking lot faster than walking.
And before you start off about the dinodollars, short insight from the game statistics, every week there are just about 100mil dinodollars more farmed than spend.
And exactly where does this data come from? Xq, those numbers may be greatly inflated by some levels 55 that are exclusively spent hunting. And okay, teleporting in dust is ridiculously cheap, but what about wars? With the portals in red, teleportation would no longer be an option and taking the shortcuts to get from point A to point B would not change almost anything.

SirCoral

Reaction score
Server
America_1
Main Char
Sr.coralillo
Clan
-Apocalipsis-
View attachment 41252View attachment 41254

View attachment 41256

Here is the warning system

letrero pro .png

XxSr.DinoxX

Reaction score
Server
America_5
Main Char
Haddock
Clan
xXLegion Of DeathXx
@SirCoral said that my idea was good, but that the maps were still very linear, with roads apparently of little use, so thanks to him, suggestions, I tried to cover this problem

@Highway version / My version:

PhotoGrid_Plus_1618945379027.jpg
PhotoGrid_Plus_1618956058973.jpg
Improvements

- I put a maze of paths between Insley and Moore, 3 paths that were in the form of a vein, which would make the game interesting for wars and with a new connection.

Screenshot_20210420-183821.pngScreenshot_20210420-183757.png

- most useful paths

- portals moved to match balance at a distance.

@Highway gway, I think it would be really cool if you put that to us, players ...

What did you think? Glad to know that you are changing the maps 😆👌

SirCoral

Reaction score
Server
America_1
Main Char
Sr.coralillo
Clan
-Apocalipsis-
SirCoral said that my idea was good, but that the maps were still very linear, with roads apparently of little use, so thanks to him, suggestions, I tried to cover this problem

Higway version / My version:

View attachment 41262
View attachment 41263
Improvements

- I put a maze of paths between Insley and Moore, 3 paths that were in the form of a vein, which would make the game interesting for wars and with a new connection.

Higway Version/ My Version:

View attachment 41264View attachment 41266

- most useful paths

Higway, I think it would be really cool if you put that to us, players ...

I like

SirCoral

Reaction score
Server
America_1
Main Char
Sr.coralillo
Clan
-Apocalipsis-
@SirCoral said that my idea was good, but that the maps were still very linear, with roads apparently of little use, so thanks to him, suggestions, I tried to cover this problem

@Highway version / My version:

View attachment 41262
View attachment 41263
Improvements

View attachment 41264View attachment 41266

- most useful paths

@Highway gway, I think it would be really cool if you put that to us, players ...

looks original!

Status
Not open for further replies.