- Venimeuse -

Reaction score
Server
Asia_1
Main Char
Venimeuse
Clan
Elite Anarchy X
I really loved the idea of putting shortcuts on the maps again, but the Maujack Mountains is a little weak when it comes to putting shortcuts, because I think the map could be modified, I think it’s without structures, just needs to improve a little to make it more dynamic.
I could also add in the future a map that goes beyond the imaginations of the Maujack Mountains, something that can surprise players, giving players more functions to be fulfilled, such as making missions that the clan offers players and so on, function of exchanging items with other players, new levels, new dinosaur, new weapons. - Something that could make the game more dynamic.
- Like for example, being able to do missions with our own ranger instead of always with dinosaur. (DINO VILLE COULD BE A MAP WHERE WE COULD WALK WITH OUR RANGERS)
- A specific place for the clan, where only clan players could enter this place.
- I do not understand why Canion Ville exists, because players want to play on a new server, could be born in Dino Ville and do the start missions in Dino Ville, since it is the center of Dino Storm.. You should give more meaning to Dino Ville.
your idea ''in blue'' it's a good idea , but for which goal? so maybe it needs more details because i don't see the point to do that.

AnubiS

Reaction score
Server
America_2
Main Char
Alvaro -|-
Clan
ROTA COMANDO AGUIAR

- MARIOX -

Reaction score
Server
America_1
Main Char
- MARIOX -
Clan
Steel Romero "Mex"
I really loved the idea of putting shortcuts on the maps again, but the Maujack Mountains is a little weak when it comes to putting shortcuts, because I think the map could be modified, I think it’s without structures, just needs to improve a little to make it more dynamic.
I could also add in the future a map that goes beyond the imaginations of the Maujack Mountains, something that can surprise players, giving players more functions to be fulfilled, such as making missions that the clan offers players and so on, function of exchanging items with other players, new levels, new dinosaur, new weapons. - Something that could make the game more dynamic.
- Like for example, being able to do missions with our own ranger instead of always with dinosaur. (DINO VILLE COULD BE A MAP WHERE WE COULD WALK WITH OUR RANGERS)
- A specific place for the clan, where only clan players could enter this place.
- I do not understand why Canion Ville exists, because players want to play on a new server, could be born in Dino Ville and do the start missions in Dino Ville, since it is the center of Dino Storm.. You should give more meaning to Dino Ville.
more lvls are u crazy? D:

Targaryen

Reaction score
Server
Asia_1
Main Char
Lucas Apenaz
Clan
Yakuza
I loved the part of creating something for the clan to stay. I would love to be able to create tribes for the clan, for example, we have defense posts, I would love the option of storing items in these posts, for example: Supplies, DinoDollares (if you're in a war and your DD ends), Basic damage boosters , powerful and violent ... There would be 2 posts at the beginning on the map, and at the end.

That way you don't have to go to the sinoville storehouse, making the clan supplies stay organized in their respective defense posts.

"What if enemies take the defensive post?"
Those items deposited in the defense post, will be thrown in a chest for the inventory of the clan leader.

1618425633565.png

Regards;

I WandaRx I

snnrk

Reaction score
Server
America_4
Main Char
_Sunork_
Clan
-

Dear rangers,

We are relieved that the big balancing update for Dino Storm that had been in development for such a long time has finally hit the live servers. A few remaining issues that the community helped to uncover have been dealt with, and we are now into the final touches of proper fine-tuning.

That update’s development was accompanied by an extensive thought process as we knew that we would have to make big changes on how the game feels and plays in order to craft a solidly balanced gameplay in which every item in the game is relevant and useful. These kinds of updates always pose the risk that players will not accept the updated gameplay and instead choose to stop playing the game altogether. We are grateful that many of you chose to instead provide feedback that we could work with to shape the update further! Seeing all post-update bugs and all but a few woes resolved, we will now be able to take on the next topic from our list.

Map Shortcut Routes
Similar to the big balancing update, this topic had emerged from feedback we received from you on our Dev Shack #9.

We are planning to open up the game’s zone maps by adding shortcuts that will reduce the overall time spent walking and also provide additional tactical options for clan wars. The placement of the shortcuts however must be carefully planned to avoid issues with quests etc. @SirCoral and a few other contributors have provided examples on how the map routes could be adjusted. We will take these examples into consideration when we lay out the routes and try to keep the main visuals working without the need for restructuring larger parts of the map.

• Rework all maps from Goldfields up to Maujak Mountains to offer alternative routes.
  • Adjust asset & building placements to work with the new routes.

We hope you are looking forward to seeing this update realized! As usual, we will keep you updated with the development progress here.
Maujak specifically needs extra attention, because depending on how shortcuts are added, portals may become unusable for travel.
Wouldn't it be possible to enlarge the map? I saw places that are not currently accessible within the game in the images posted in the Dev Shack #8, which makes me think that there are some untapped regions, and if there are, now would be the perfect time to bring it into the game.
This would also help in the distribution of resources, as the higher zones have a large concentration of players and little supply of mobs (in comparison) and would end the large spawn of mobs in the same location, which made the player have to face sometimes 2 to 3 alphas/veterans at the same time, which guarantees -2k DD.

JHON JAIRO

Reaction score
Server
America_2
Main Char
Don Jairo
Clan
CLAN DESTINO
shortcuts? won't it make them look like old, previous maps from a few years ago? :unsure:
na no creo seguirán con los mismo pero mas abierto

JHON JAIRO

Reaction score
Server
America_2
Main Char
Don Jairo
Clan
CLAN DESTINO
Maujak specifically needs extra attention, because depending on how shortcuts are added, portals may become unusable for travel.
Wouldn't it be possible to enlarge the map? I saw places that are not currently accessible within the game in the images posted in the Dev Shack #8, which makes me think that there are some untapped regions, and if there are, now would be the perfect time to bring it into the game.
This would also help in the distribution of resources, as the higher zones have a large concentration of players and little supply of mobs (in comparison) and would end the large spawn of mobs in the same location, which made the player have to face sometimes 2 to 3 alphas/veterans at the same time, which guarantees -2k DD.
los portales aun se utilizarian porque de ir a scott a insley rapidamente solo que ya no sera caminando si no que dando tp ese metodo de abrir portales nos ahorraria un poco mas los dino dolares y tambien nos dara la oportunidad de que si estan atacando russell y insley poder llegar apie sin dar tp

snnrk

Reaction score
Server
America_4
Main Char
_Sunork_
Clan
-
los portales aun se utilizarian porque de ir a scott a insley rapidamente solo que ya no sera caminando si no que dando tp ese metodo de abrir portales nos ahorraria un poco mas los dino dolares y tambien nos dara la oportunidad de que si estan atacando russell y insley poder llegar apie sin dar tp
I'm talking exclusively about Maujak bro, it's a small map and getting from one point to another on it is very fast, I always go from area 53 to the market walking and it takes between 1 or 2 minutes, imagine with the addition of shortcuts.

JHON JAIRO

Reaction score
Server
America_2
Main Char
Don Jairo
Clan
CLAN DESTINO
I'm talking exclusively about Maujak bro, it's a small map and getting from one point to another on it is very fast, I always go from area 53 to the market walking and it takes between 1 or 2 minutes, imagine with the addition of shortcuts.
lo siento pense que hablabas en general de todos los mapas bueno siendo asi no se que decirte

St. Coelo

Reaction score
Server
America_1
Main Char
St. Coelo
Clan
Clan Steel Romero Mex
Very good the initiative of our companion @SirCoral that while several thought that in the forum they did not pay attention to the members, he remained confident that he could improve the game for something more attractive.

But this is also possible thanks to several people who supported him so the credit is his, but also the people who helped him and gave support to his posts.

Esperoque from now on you members of this forum express more your ideas.
Of course, it is not Any idea that will be followed, think aloud, but with your feet on the ground, whatever you have within the reach of the developers they can do, if one supports the other.

I thank the developers and team for wanting to fulfill the dreams of those who want to keep playing without getting queasy.

Congratulations to you, and may we be more united in one purpose, May Dino Storm be is one of the best games for everyone, both for us old players and for new ones to come.

XxSr.DinoxX

Reaction score
Server
America_5
Main Char
Haddock
Clan
xXLegion Of DeathXx
Well, for me it was quite obvious that this update could be the next one, it is fundamental, and I thank the Developers, in listening to the players, it was like I said from the beginning, Dino Storm is improving, coming back as before, even better! We hope that you GMs / CMs will always pay attention and do their jobs. and that all people follow the example of @SirCoral , which for me was the one that most provided and encouraged this update, make incredible ideas that help in the game like him, it may be that not everything goes the way you want, it may be that your ideas do not come to the fore, more so, your work as a member here is important, we would be grateful for your ideas, be creative with them of course and make friends, have fun and that's it! 😆

Well, since the idea has to do with maps, something can come along with what is not just about reopening roads.

"Hiccup, this idea is out of the question, we are talking about new paths, not new graphics."

The balancing update arrived and many other things were changed that brought another air into the game in our daily lives.

For example: Parassaurolophus as initial Dinosaur, The differentiated Cooldown, Noises of some weapons that resemble loading.

GRAPHICAL UPDATE

Dino Storm has simple and beautiful graphics, very neat, which for me shows that it really is a 3D cartoon game with a successful Cartoon aspect, but I think that a graphic update needs to be implemented while you put the new roads.

How it works? In summary, a more advanced chart and new options should be placed to customize what each of the things are changed, such as:

Shadowok/off
Neat Graficsok/off

In the same system for choosing sounds in the game, but below.

~ Greentings, XxSr.DinoxX América 5.

- Venimeuse -

Reaction score
Server
Asia_1
Main Char
Venimeuse
Clan
Elite Anarchy X
BETTER/HIGHER CAM POV FOR COEL PLS

i agree totally because i using coelo peacemaker now, and it took me a bit time to get used to cam of coelo (i used para before the update to do quest and anky for hunting, just after the update i used carno colt) ^^'
a field of view bigger for pvp with coelo to see enemies more far , even more if we use peacemaker and range tech.
if the coelo's cam is too ''small'' it's because the field of view depend of the size of the dino (so anky too has a ''small'' cam), the only dino who has the advantage to have a big field of view , it's rex because it's the biggest dino in the game.
moreover with shortcut routes which will be add, we will need to see where enemies come , with coelo or anky , the enemy will attack us before we saw him.
RECTIFICATION: even anky has a bit bigger cam than coelo XD

Last edited:

- Venimeuse -

Reaction score
Server
Asia_1
Main Char
Venimeuse
Clan
Elite Anarchy X
talking about cams , while a long time, i though to lock zoom/dezoom of the cam , with a shortcutkey, for pvp it could be really useful and sometimes when i hunted, when i miss click a item on the ground , the cam changes into a close-up of my dino XD

BERT

Reaction score
Server
Asia_1
Main Char
Russ Van Der Linde
Clan
--Death Machine--
talking about cams , while a long time, i though to lock zoom/dezoom of the cam , with a shortcutkey, for pvp it could be really useful and sometimes when i hunted, when i miss click a item on the ground , the cam changes into a close-up of my dino XD
the sudden close up thing is also annoying

slejd2001

Reaction score
Server
Europe_3
Main Char
-R_3_V-3_N-A-N_T-
Clan
-I-Edgerunners-I-
the only dino who has the advantage to have a big field of view , it's rex because it's the biggest dino in the game.
i think brachy has bigger field view than rex

slejd2001

Reaction score
Server
Europe_3
Main Char
-R_3_V-3_N-A-N_T-
Clan
-I-Edgerunners-I-
there is option in settings to set that you move cam with mouse or just with scroll

Agusdim

Reaction score
Server
America_1
Main Char
Agusdim
Clan
The Revolution
I think Mountains need a complete redesign and terrain expansion

for example level 51, 52, 53, 54 areas are overrun with people and this makes sense as all players who reach max level hunt in these areas, that is why the whole terrain is starting to get small since there are mission events that spawn in areas where other players hunt, this can be very annoying.

Also the farming area in Otis and Watkins (smilodones 53) is too small if we compare it with the old maximum level lvl 45, where there were 3 important areas of farming (carnotaurus lvl 44, smilodones and entelodones 43, and centrosaurus 43) I emphasize a lot the lack of space in the highest levels of Maujak, it is something that has to be analyzed very well.

slejd2001

Reaction score
Server
Europe_3
Main Char
-R_3_V-3_N-A-N_T-
Clan
-I-Edgerunners-I-
Also the farming area in Otis and Watkins (smilodones 53) is too small if we compare it with the old maximum level lvl 45, where there were 3 important areas of farming (carnotaurus lvl 44, smilodones and entelodones 43, and centrosaurus 43) I emphasize a lot the lack of space in the highest levels of Maujak, it is something that has to be analyzed very well.
I agree that there should be more space on highest lvls, but beside smilo areas on 53 there are a lot of small smilo areas on 52 lvl.

David Moises

Reaction score
Server
America_1
Main Char
-_ToBu_-
Clan
Game Over

Dear rangers,

We are relieved that the big balancing update for Dino Storm that had been in development for such a long time has finally hit the live servers. A few remaining issues that the community helped to uncover have been dealt with, and we are now into the final touches of proper fine-tuning.

That update’s development was accompanied by an extensive thought process as we knew that we would have to make big changes on how the game feels and plays in order to craft a solidly balanced gameplay in which every item in the game is relevant and useful. These kinds of updates always pose the risk that players will not accept the updated gameplay and instead choose to stop playing the game altogether. We are grateful that many of you chose to instead provide feedback that we could work with to shape the update further! Seeing all post-update bugs and all but a few woes resolved, we will now be able to take on the next topic from our list.

Map Shortcut Routes
Similar to the big balancing update, this topic had emerged from feedback we received from you on our Dev Shack #9.

We are planning to open up the game’s zone maps by adding shortcuts that will reduce the overall time spent walking and also provide additional tactical options for clan wars. The placement of the shortcuts however must be carefully planned to avoid issues with quests etc. @SirCoral and a few other contributors have provided examples on how the map routes could be adjusted. We will take these examples into consideration when we lay out the routes and try to keep the main visuals working without the need for restructuring larger parts of the map.

• Rework all maps from Goldfields up to Maujak Mountains to offer alternative routes.
  • Adjust asset & building placements to work with the new routes.

We hope you are looking forward to seeing this update realized! As usual, we will keep you updated with the development progress here.
Siiiiiiiiii!!, por fin volveremos a ver los los mapas conectados :D!!, y gracias desde el fondo de mi corazón, le devolvieron la vida a este juego que estaba empezando a morir, Gracias a esta actualización volví al juego después de casi 1 año, y me alegra enormemente que volver a poder disfrutar de este juego que tanto me hizo feliz haces años.
@SirCoral Y tu bro...de verdad que te mereces un aplauso esforzadamente tanto en motivar a los Devs a que realizen tu idea como proporcionando una ayuda dando tu punto de vista como jugador :)

Agusdim

Reaction score
Server
America_1
Main Char
Agusdim
Clan
The Revolution
I agree that there should be more space on highest lvls, but beside smilo areas on 53 there are a lot of small smilo areas on 52 lvl.
However these small areas at level 52 are not profitable to farm, you get more dds by randomly hunting any type of animal.

Agusdim

Reaction score
Server
America_1
Main Char
Agusdim
Clan
The Revolution
Something very very important is that they not only open shortcuts, but also new textures, redesigns of some sectors of some maps, new buildings, etc. We need something new and fresh.
Maujak Mountain has to be completely redone, larger, wider areas so that it is not a crowding.

-_Noxiris_-

Reaction score
Server
Europe_1
Main Char
-_Noxiris_-
Clan
Infinitty
Even on lvl 52 area are much players and is not profitable

Status
Not open for further replies.