slejd2001

Reaction score
Server
Europe_3
Main Char
-R_3_V-3_N-A-N_T-
Clan
-I-Edgerunners-I-
Something very very important is that they not only open shortcuts, but also new textures, redesigns of some sectors of some maps, new buildings, etc. We need something new and fresh.
Maujak Mountain has to be completely redone, larger, wider areas so that it is not a crowding.
It would be nice if there would be more structures or something what would make high lvl areas more esthetic. Fir-trees are nice, but it's not enough :). Snow desert could stay in 51 lvl area, but 53 or 54 lvl areas need something more.

SirCoral

Reaction score
Server
America_1
Main Char
Sr.coralillo
Clan
-Apocalipsis-
It would be nice if there would be more structures or something what would make high lvl areas more esthetic. Fir-trees are nice, but it's not enough :). Snow desert could stay in 51 lvl area, but 53 or 54 lvl areas need something more.
It would be interesting

BluePXL

Reaction score
Server
Europe_3
Main Char
Dazai
Clan
Stray Dogs
I could also imagine continuing the levels in MM for all max players. (If possible ofc) By that I don't mean that the max player level should get increased, but a possibility for max level 55 players to still hunt 3 levels above them to get up to 4x loot. For example, right now it's way easier for a lvl 50 player to get more dino dollars/items, than for a lvl 55 player. These mobs don't even have to drop new items and for consistency you might also consider just having them on lvl "55+" at the end of the map.
Kind regards

Valkorey

Reaction score
Server
Europe_2
Main Char
Valkorey
Clan
Impact Legacy
I really loved the idea of putting shortcuts on the maps again, but the Maujack Mountains is a little weak when it comes to putting shortcuts, because I think the map could be modified, I think it’s without structures, just needs to improve a little to make it more dynamic.
I could also add in the future a map that goes beyond the imaginations of the Maujack Mountains, something that can surprise players, giving players more functions to be fulfilled, such as making missions that the clan offers players and so on, function of exchanging items with other players, new levels, new dinosaur, new weapons. - Something that could make the game more dynamic.
- Like for example, being able to do missions with our own ranger instead of always with dinosaur. (DINO VILLE COULD BE A MAP WHERE WE COULD WALK WITH OUR RANGERS)
- A specific place for the clan, where only clan players could enter this place.
- I do not understand why Canion Ville exists, because players want to play on a new server, could be born in Dino Ville and do the start missions in Dino Ville, since it is the center of Dino Storm.. You should give more meaning to Dino Ville.
I love your ideas. Especially the one where players have more options to do each day. This is something that has worked for many other games and shouldn't be too hard to put into Dino Storm as well.
Do note that walking around with your humanoid character could be a bit of a hassle and take a lot of time for the developers to program. I don't know how many game artists and developers they have, but if their team isn't big then this might be nearly impossible for them :c

xx thewolf xx

Reaction score
Server
America_1
Main Char
xxthewolfxx
Clan
The Revolution
finally

Dear rangers,

We are relieved that the big balancing update for Dino Storm that had been in development for such a long time has finally hit the live servers. A few remaining issues that the community helped to uncover have been dealt with, and we are now into the final touches of proper fine-tuning.

That update’s development was accompanied by an extensive thought process as we knew that we would have to make big changes on how the game feels and plays in order to craft a solidly balanced gameplay in which every item in the game is relevant and useful. These kinds of updates always pose the risk that players will not accept the updated gameplay and instead choose to stop playing the game altogether. We are grateful that many of you chose to instead provide feedback that we could work with to shape the update further! Seeing all post-update bugs and all but a few woes resolved, we will now be able to take on the next topic from our list.

Map Shortcut Routes
Similar to the big balancing update, this topic had emerged from feedback we received from you on our Dev Shack #9.

We are planning to open up the game’s zone maps by adding shortcuts that will reduce the overall time spent walking and also provide additional tactical options for clan wars. The placement of the shortcuts however must be carefully planned to avoid issues with quests etc. @SirCoral and a few other contributors have provided examples on how the map routes could be adjusted. We will take these examples into consideration when we lay out the routes and try to keep the main visuals working without the need for restructuring larger parts of the map.

• Rework all maps from Goldfields up to Maujak Mountains to offer alternative routes.
  • Adjust asset & building placements to work with the new routes.

We hope you are looking forward to seeing this update realized! As usual, we will keep you updated with the development progress here.
finally !! *_*

JHON JAIRO

Reaction score
Server
America_2
Main Char
Don Jairo
Clan
CLAN DESTINO
cuando será implementado la prueba publica ? hay una fecha o no ?

SirCoral

Reaction score
Server
America_1
Main Char
Sr.coralillo
Clan
-Apocalipsis-
cuando será implementado la prueba publica ? hay una fecha o no ?
Lo dudo, recién fue anunciado, esto dependerá de cuanto se empeñaran en hacer esta actualización tan esperada por la comunidad.

SirCoral

Reaction score
Server
America_1
Main Char
Sr.coralillo
Clan
-Apocalipsis-
Lo dudo, recién fue anunciado, esto dependerá de cuanto se empeñaran en hacer esta actualización tan esperada por la comunidad.
Igual veo que le están metiendo muchas ganas al Dino Storm, Esto se vio con la actualización del balance y las demas cosas implementadas recientemente, quizás no se tarden tanto.

JHON JAIRO

Reaction score
Server
America_2
Main Char
Don Jairo
Clan
CLAN DESTINO
Igual veo que le están metiendo muchas ganas al Dino Storm, Esto se vio con la actualización del balance y las demás cosas implementadas recientemente, quizás no se tarden tanto.
también eh pensado si ds se lo propone puede revivirse pero hay algo que tienen claro después de las actualizaciones deberían afocarse en que la gente venga a jugar ósea recuperar personal en el juego, algo como hacer publicidad que la gente vea el juego y quiera entrar, aprovechen los video de war en YouTube y mostrarle a un publico nuevo que es dino storm ya que la mayoría que jugamos somos los mismo de hace años

-Persus- Ame2

Reaction score
Server
America_2
Main Char
-Persus-
Clan
Dark Max Retribution
I liked the idea and I have a suggestion.
Would it be possible to place walls that can be destroyed to create shortcuts on the map?
For example, players would buy "dynamite" or some other usable item to open passages in predefined locations (so that it is not possible to destroy the entire map), and those passages would remain open for a specified time. It would be a way to make wars more dynamic.

Highway

Splitscreen Studios
Reaction score
Time for some feedback round. :)

Here is the current plan for the goldfield map with its new shortcuts:
1618936480485.png
White = area a player can not walk on
Grey = new shortcuts
Colored areas & black = walkable area where each color is a level tier and black is clear from enemies.

What we wanted to achieve is that a player can traverse a level tier faster when using the new shortcuts. But we avoided to have shortcuts from one level tier to another as it would cause pathfinding issues guinding players trough highlevel terrain. etc.

What do you think about this plan for goldfields?

JHON JAIRO

Reaction score
Server
America_2
Main Char
Don Jairo
Clan
CLAN DESTINO

View attachment 41225
Grey = new shortcuts
Colored areas & black = walkable area where each color is a level tier and black is clear from enemies.

What we wanted to achieve is that a player can traverse a level tier faster when using the new shortcuts. But we avoided to have shortcuts from one level tier to another as it would cause pathfinding issues guinding players trough highlevel terrain. etc.

ps sigue igual .-. de recto

Pleiadian

Reaction score
Server
America_1
Main Char
Rembrandt.
Clan
-
Don't like this version, it's pretty much the current maps but with just some open roads in area where the level doesn't change.. it doesn't solve much for us and the pathway to another gate is still sequential.

The idea is, to go from Sheriddan to Scott is still one way, there should have been an open path to Scott directly rather than going through Davis.

Also it doesn't improve much in war, still to go to Scott, we have to walk long distance

But we avoided to have shortcuts from one level tier to another as it would cause pathfinding issues guinding players trough highlevel terrain. etc.
What we(at least I) wanted is some shortcuts to go from one level area to another, not necessarily sequentially, the one did by @SirCoral in his examples was well illustrated.

Hoping for a better version.

Alewx

Splitscreen Studios
Reaction score
Don't like this version, it's pretty much the current maps but with just some open roads in area where the level doesn't change.. it doesn't solve much for us and the pathway to another gate is still sequential.

The idea is, to go from Sheriddan to Scott is still one way, there should have been an open path to Scott directly rather than going through Davis.

Also it doesn't improve much in war, still to go to Scott, we have to walk long distance

What we(at least I) wanted is some shortcuts to go from one level area to another, not necessarily sequentially, the one did by @SirCoral in his examples was well illustrated.

Hoping for a better version.
And why? teleporter is just a freaking lot faster than walking.
And before you start off about the dinodollars, short insight from the game statistics, every week there are just about 100mil dinodollars more farmed than spend.

Pleiadian

Reaction score
Server
America_1
Main Char
Rembrandt.
Clan
-
Totally agree!

But whatever I typed was in referenced to a scenario when the map is completely red. When gates are red, players have to teleport to the nearest open gate which is green then go to their destinated location.

And as a player having participated in war, I can tell you that maps are red 80% of the time, so we just spend time waiting for a gate to open and then we spend more time walking to the other point.

With this, more time is spend walking to the war location than fighting the war itself.

Last edited:

JHON JAIRO

Reaction score
Server
America_2
Main Char
Don Jairo
Clan
CLAN DESTINO
And before you start off about the dinodollars, short insight from the game statistics, every week there are just about 100mil dinodollars more farmed than spend.
lo se pero no es dar tp tp tp... es la movilidad, como así por decir si están atacando un portal y la idea es no saber de donde vienen donde se cruzaran, así el enfrentamiento no seria lineal porque no se sabrá de que lado viene el enemigo, ya el farmed de Dino dólares esta bien así, pero en guerra y caza los portales se seguirán usando en guerra y caza así que por eso no se preocupé, si ponen ese mapa seguirá siendo el mismo mapa lineal

JHON JAIRO

Reaction score
Server
America_2
Main Char
Don Jairo
Clan
CLAN DESTINO
seria imposible en guerra ya porque si uno pasa esperando un portal en verde para morir en ese portal, la idea es estar constante en enfrentamiento no estar tirado todo el rato XD en una guerra de desgaste estar mas tiempo tirado en el suelo no desgasta mucho pero si revive y muere revive y muere camina y muere lo desgasta mas un mapa abierto también significa que podremos ir y colarnos en la fila de los enemigos por detrás caerles en emboscada robar portales o minas y que pasa hay habrá mas enfrentamiento al no saber si un enemigo esta acá o haya si usted busca en youtube war dino storm cualquier server se dará cuenta que solo se enfrentan en 1 camino. los teletransportadores también ayudaran en emboscada porque los enemigos no sabrán donde apareceremos en que momento

OrionZG

Reaction score
Server
America_2
Main Char
WandersZ.
Clan
I agree with Pleiadians, opening routes that go through lower to upper levels (eg insley-moore, sheridan crossing the river head-on), is important to avoid the long journey when the buildings are completely red. The problem of low levels crossing high levels can be fixed by placing a warning sign, so that they can avoid those areas.

Targaryen

Reaction score
Server
Asia_1
Main Char
Lucas Apenaz
Clan
Yakuza
@Highway I miss some path in the market, sheridan and davis, I put 2 examples. Sheridan's path to Davis is very long

1618941178808.png

SirCoral

Reaction score
Server
America_1
Main Char
Sr.coralillo
Clan
-Apocalipsis-

View attachment 41225
Grey = new shortcuts

it's almost the same as we already have,

I don't like it one bit, lowell very attached to barrett aside.
It is assumed that opening roads is to improve mobility, not depend so much on the tp and make the war more strategic, this is not almost the same as what we already have.

there I will show you an example

JHON JAIRO

Reaction score
Server
America_2
Main Char
Don Jairo
Clan
CLAN DESTINO
@Highway I miss some path in the market, sheridan and davis, I put 2 examples. Sheridan's path to Davis is very long

View attachment 41226
a pesar de todo sigue siendo lineal yo se que hicieron un modelo del mapa y ese les gusto a todos proque tenia full camino pero eran caminos que cruzan varios niveles

Galaxy

Reaction score
Server
America_5
Main Char
Galax
Clan
No clan

View attachment 41225
Grey = new shortcuts

I agree with the others, there should also be shortcuts between zones of different levels, shortcuts only in zones of the same level it will not make much difference, in relation to location problems etc, there must be some way to avoid this

Stylish

Reaction score
Server
America_2
Main Char
-gepeto-
Clan
no
É hora de uma rodada de feedback. :)

Aqui está o plano atual para o mapa do campo de ouro com seus novos atalhos:
View attachment 41225
Branco = área em que um jogador não pode andar
Cinza = novos atalhos
Áreas coloridas e pretas = área percorrível onde cada cor é uma camada de nível e o preto está livre dos inimigos.

O que queríamos alcançar é que um jogador pudesse atravessar um nível mais rápido ao usar os novos atalhos. Mas evitamos ter atalhos de uma camada de nível para outra, pois isso causaria problemas de localização, guiando os jogadores em terrenos de alto nível. etc.

O que você acha desse plano para jazidas de ouro?
Alguma sinalização avisando perigo ao cruzar um atalho que altere o nível de uma área pra outra seria viável, não? Já é algo para decorar o mapa e deixar ele mais vivo, também.

Last edited by a moderator:

SirCoral

Reaction score
Server
America_1
Main Char
Sr.coralillo
Clan
-Apocalipsis-
More examples

This based on my idea of the abrupt change warning system

131ASDASD12RERERE30485.png

SirCoral

Reaction score
Server
America_1
Main Char
Sr.coralillo
Clan
-Apocalipsis-
i can explain this system very clearly, and if the players have a notion of what they see, they will realize that they are in another level zone, another thing they could do is simply create in the game's maps section, next to the large map, that you can see the areas by level of the map

SirCoral

Reaction score
Server
America_1
Main Char
Sr.coralillo
Clan
-Apocalipsis-
And when the portals are in red ?, the players there can do very little, for something I came up with the idea of adding paths based on the old ones, to generate greater strategy in war, I explain this very clearly, when the portals are red , you can neither give respawn, nor teleport, by adding roads this would make the war better, much better

JHON JAIRO

Reaction score
Server
America_2
Main Char
Don Jairo
Clan
CLAN DESTINO
More examples

This based on my idea of the abrupt change warning system

View attachment 41240
@Highway this is what we mean when we talk about roads that if it's not linear