aurelio

Reaction score
Server
Europe_1
Main Char
DarkLife.
Clan
Shadow Entity
Ok i already had the feeling that the feedback would be controversial and thats the reason because I wanted to involve you all early on before the hard work is done on the maps. Little changes here and there afterwards would be a very similar workload that we want to avoid.

Looks like we first need focus and to condense the feedback back and find out the "Why" the current maps that are live are disliked in general. This might result in a solution that is even better than reworking the maps.

Lets get started. ;)

What I could read out from your feedback so far:
  1. Travel Gates during war are not usable(for travel & respawn) when they are under attack (red icon) making it tedious to walk and plan attacks. (only applies when the user is engaged or outlaw)
    • During a war a single map has many red travel gates at the same time making walking the only option
  2. Possible Building attack routes are often only from two directions on a linear map with one gate per level tier.

Is there anything else why you dislike the current map and what issue it causes in gameplay?
Ok i already had the feeling that the feedback would be controversial and thats the reason because I wanted to involve you all early on before the hard work is done on the maps. Little changes here and there afterwards would be a very similar workload that we want to avoid.

Looks like we first need focus and to condense the feedback back and find out the "Why" the current maps that are live are disliked in general. This might result in a solution that is even better than reworking the maps.

Lets get started. ;)

1. Travel Gates during war are not usable(for travel & respawn) when they are under attack (red icon) making it tedious to walk and plan attacks. (only applies when the user is engaged or outlaw)
    • During a war a single map has many red travel gates at the same time making walking the only option
  2. Possible Building attack routes are often only from two directions on a linear map with one gate per level tier.

Is there anything else why you dislike the current map and what issue it causes in gameplay?
Well look i think making shortcuts in game again since long time ago they got removed u can again make same both side entrance like but keep desert places with desert and grass wild places with wild +++ a Perfect idea is make from DV to >
Mokon Woods and then > Green Volcano
Gold Fields > Cold Claw Valey

BUT + there is the magic combination u would be abale to go from Gv to Maujak Mountains from one side and other side at end of Maujak u can enter Cold Claw Valey is Like Maujak will be the Midle of combine the maps what u think

... Mokon Woods > Green Volcano > MAUJAK MOUNTAINS <Cold Claw Valey < Gold Fields ....
this will be cool enough for my opinion is gona be the center of mayking one big cycle outside Dv u understan what i mean one side of dv start from mw and other side start from gf and stuff like that with shortcuts to each map keep the teleports On but x1.5 more cost i mean from 4k at maujak u can make it 6k and stuff like that maujak will be on there is on side of maujak u enter from CCV so the end of maujak u can make it be the entrace Of Green Volcano so ppls can go after from gv to MW and back to Dv is like a Halff cycle that ends on DV having fast maps walking also need litle more cost on teleport so teleports can be for emergency

snnrk

Reaction score
Server
America_4
Main Char
_Sunork_
Clan
-
So you don't find the paths I took and expansions useful? Well, I remodeled some parts to improve the balance of distance between the portals, and I honestly think it looks good, if you look at it in detail, you know? Your idea was straightforward and good, if we unite with these ideas and ask for a maze, there may be at least some as I mentioned about Insley, do you agree? ☺
Man, I don't want to be the annoying guy who points out a defect in everything, but yes, there are several paths there that do not have practical use, do not serve as a faster route, do not serve to hide and have no strategic use. Don't you read what is posted? It has already been made clear that the mazes will not return, insisting on them is delaying the update. I do not mean to say that my ideas are better than the others, but it was the most effective with the least possible changes, this facilitates and speeds up the work.

XxSr.DinoxX

Reaction score
Server
America_5
Main Char
Haddock
Clan
xXLegion Of DeathXx

Lets get started. ;)

-Leave maps with more useful paths so that they are not as linear as before and have better locomotion that reduces the time that travels from one map to another, even more with the resistance of tanks (brachiosaurus / Ankylosaurus) decreased.

- Leave some mazes as I mentioned in my last idea above about Insley, please leave the maps as mazes, at least some passages, leave a notice that you are accessing a high level area, so that it leaves as wars and hunting more electrifying and fun.

All of this, counting on the complaints feedbacks from others, that we had on the old maps, you took, and the ones left linear and with a way to follow our boring, please see this, these are feedbacks.

XxSr.DinoxX

Reaction score
Server
America_5
Main Char
Haddock
Clan
xXLegion Of DeathXx
Man, I don't want to be the annoying guy who points out a defect in everything, but yes, there are several paths there that do not have practical use, do not serve as a faster route, do not serve to hide and have no strategic use. Don't you read what is posted? It has already been made clear that the mazes will not return, insisting on them is delaying the update. I do not mean to say that my ideas are better than the others, but it was the most effective with the least possible changes, this facilitates and speeds up the work.
It can delay the time, a lot of us want a map well done, some labyrinths of the maps back, as wars and hunting were fun and electrifying, we waited almost 2 years for the balance, and I believe that, that would be nothing, no It's?

Larigorpo

Reaction score
Server
America_3
Main Char
Larigorpo
Clan
Kings of Light
Glad you asked! We at America 3 are having gameplay problems on the last map. This one has a lot of lag and makes us die all the time. Maybe you could take that falling snow off to make the map lighter. Or even change it in general, that that all-white map is not at all attractive and is causing gameplay problems for many people. The other maps are cool and we play it easy, without any problem. I hope you get the Maujak Mountains map. Thanks!!!

Agusdim

Reaction score
Server
America_1
Main Char
Agusdim
Clan
The Revolution
I understand that they don't want the map in the form of a maze, because it can also take beginner players to areas higher than their current level. What if you go through gates? Example: If your level is level 7, and the path takes you to level 14, place a gate with some warning
"you are entering a dangerous area!"
I don't think a warning sign is necessary, it is enough for the beginning player to place the mouse over the mob and see what level it is. I understand that the Devs do not want this because they will have to work with the footprints, since they can go through areas of higher levels to reach a lower level area and that could cause problems, although this argument also falls, since On the map you can clearly see marked with an X where the mob is, and the player from the map can orient himself to find what he is looking for

baykus1122

Reaction score
Server
Europe_2
Main Char
- A K I N C I -
Clan
Legends
The prey's downtimes and damage issue are one of the most frustrating. And the gun means nothing if the gun won't fire ..

It may be more useful to remove the gun from the game .. than it looks like a chandelier.

SirCoral

Reaction score
Server
America_1
Main Char
Sr.coralillo
Clan
-Apocalipsis-
The prey's downtimes and damage issue are one of the most frustrating. And the gun means nothing if the gun won't fire ..

It may be more useful to remove the gun from the game .. than it looks like a chandelier.
This is off-topic, apart from the weapons if they do good damage, quite a lot even, I killed t.rexes only by shooting at a distance, using glue and gatling and I killed him without much difficulty, rather it depends on your ability with said combo

Agusdim

Reaction score
Server
America_1
Main Char
Agusdim
Clan
The Revolution
Well look i think making shortcuts in game again since long time ago they got removed u can again make same both side entrance like but keep desert places with desert and grass wild places with wild +++ a Perfect idea is make from DV to >
Mokon Woods and then > Green Volcano
Gold Fields > Cold Claw Valey

BUT + there is the magic combination u would be abale to go from Gv to Maujak Mountains from one side and other side at end of Maujak u can enter Cold Claw Valey is Like Maujak will be the Midle of combine the maps what u think

... Mokon Woods > Green Volcano > MAUJAK MOUNTAINS <Cold Claw Valey < Gold Fields ....
this will be cool enough for my opinion is gona be the center of mayking one big cycle outside Dv u understan what i mean one side of dv start from mw and other side start from gf and stuff like that with shortcuts to each map keep the teleports On but x1.5 more cost i mean from 4k at maujak u can make it 6k and stuff like that maujak will be on there is on side of maujak u enter from CCV so the end of maujak u can make it be the entrace Of Green Volcano so ppls can go after from gv to MW and back to Dv is like a Halff cycle that ends on DV having fast maps walking also need litle more cost on teleport so teleports can be for emergency
Well now the maps have a linear order from lowest to highest according to level, what you propose is very interesting, but I would consider rearranging the levels, for example if you are in the last levels of dust and your next area to hunt is mokon, you have to give all the way through dv and go to mokon (which with shortcuts would not be so bad) and if not it is as simple as doing tp..... you know, it's not a bad idea.

SirCoral

Reaction score
Server
America_1
Main Char
Sr.coralillo
Clan
-Apocalipsis-
I don't think a warning sign is necessary, it is enough for the beginning player to place the mouse over the mob and see what level it is. I understand that the Devs do not want this because they will have to work with the footprints, since they can go through areas of higher levels to reach a lower level area and that could cause problems, although this argument also falls, since On the map you can clearly see marked with an X where the mob is, and the player from the map can orient himself to find what he is looking for
Exactly. Besides, it is not so difficult to adapt to a map and memorize it.

Agusdim

Reaction score
Server
America_1
Main Char
Agusdim
Clan
The Revolution
Can you show me the official post where it was said that the mazes will not return? @snnrk

The labyrinths can and must return, is what characterizes an "open world" type game, giving you the freedom to choose the path you want to travel.

SirCoral

Reaction score
Server
America_1
Main Char
Sr.coralillo
Clan
-Apocalipsis-
Well now the maps have a linear order from lowest to highest according to level, what you propose is very interesting, but I would consider rearranging the levels, for example if you are in the last levels of dust and your next area to hunt is mokon, you have to give all the way through dv and go to mokon (which with shortcuts would not be so bad) and if not it is as simple as doing tp..... you know, it's not a bad idea.
It's not a bad idea, but it's complicated

Agusdim

Reaction score
Server
America_1
Main Char
Agusdim
Clan
The Revolution
Leave some mazes as I mentioned in my last idea above about Insley, please leave the maps as mazes, at least some passages, leave a notice that you are accessing a high level area, so that it leaves as wars and hunting more electrifying and fun.
I'm from the labyrinth team, I like a map with this structure much more than a map where I can only go forward and backward.

XxSr.DinoxX

Reaction score
Server
America_5
Main Char
Haddock
Clan
xXLegion Of DeathXx
Well, as I said, I think you can delay the time you want, I hope they make the mazes and program a mission arrow with fewer bugs and that it follows a direction that doesn’t confuse the player, I think that if they stay in that, it can take time , but it will be great, these warnings on the maps will be important for those who pass and when they enter the middle of a spawn they will end up being surprised, not to mention the frantic battles they would have, don't you think? You yourself said in my topic that we wanted something new, it would be nice to add expansions with some mazes, You Agree?

Agusdim

Reaction score
Server
America_1
Main Char
Agusdim
Clan
The Revolution
Glad you asked! We at America 3 are having gameplay problems on the last map. This one has a lot of lag and makes us die all the time. Maybe you could take that falling snow off to make the map lighter. Or even change it in general, that that all-white map is not at all attractive and is causing gameplay problems for many people. The other maps are cool and we play it easy, without any problem. I hope you get the Maujak Mountains map. Thanks!!!
Maujak needs a complete rework. What do you mean late? Lag? Low FPS?
It is true that in Maujak there is more lag being that it is the ugliest map and with less details of all. I would like to know why this happens? @Highway @Alewx

SirCoral

Reaction score
Server
America_1
Main Char
Sr.coralillo
Clan
-Apocalipsis-
I think that opening roads in zone lvl 5 - 9 is not that complicated, because these zones do not have alphas. therefore it is not dangerous for a new player

xX_Magnus_Xx

Reaction score
Server
America_4
Main Char
xX_Magnus_Xx
Clan
BNF
At least for me, the maps are super cool the way they are. What I really want is gameplay and entertainment in the game despite being a game where players expect much more from the developers and often in some upgrades, end up that the players are disappointed with the particular game update, Because something new and different never comes.

XxSr.DinoxX

Reaction score
Server
America_5
Main Char
Haddock
Clan
xXLegion Of DeathXx
Hi @xX_Magnus_Xx , do you like the maps now? You will like it even more with the ones we are planning, for several reasons.

- Paths that will serve as a shortcut to dino slow so that they don't have so many problems with slowness.

-Maybe you can have mazes that make war and hunting more frantic There are few points, but very important that we need on the map, as it used to be.

Make your feedbacks of what could be changed in them, since this update is in process, you could send your feedbacks at will, but if this is your opinion about the shortcuts of the maps, fine, I will respect ☺

Highway

Splitscreen Studios
Reaction score
Right now the central question is "why the changes are wanted" for the current maps to begin with. Not how the map can be changed etc. We need your reason behind it why you dislike them in terms of gameplay. Some points would could gather from your input and so far got confirmation that thase might be the main issues.
If there are more it would be great to know them. ;)

snnrk

Reaction score
Server
America_4
Main Char
_Sunork_
Clan
-
Can you show me the official post where it was said that the mazes will not return? @snnrk

The labyrinths can and must return, is what characterizes an "open world" type game, giving you the freedom to choose the path you want to travel.
You know that there is no post dedicated to this, don't come with this one. But if you think I am wrong ask the DEV's, I will not find the lines that mention the subject now but they can inform you directly.

the shortcuts will be good.. we just dont want a labyrinth :p
That means something, doesn't it? :unsure:

Agusdim

Reaction score
Server
America_1
Main Char
Agusdim
Clan
The Revolution
In short, I want maps that do not make my poor dinosaurs walk insufferable distances.
I want maps that improve and give more playability to wars in general.
I want maps that bring me some new details, new structures, new areas, new textures, new terrain, I don't know, for example, how about a felled tree that serves as a bridge? Or how about a small community living on the outskirts of DinoVille, villages, stone paths, some cracks in volcan that emanate a bright red color simulating lava under the subsoil. I WANT SOMETHING NEW.
A day / night cycle that is set at the server time, add light sources (ex: torches, lanterns, kerosene lamps, candles, bonfires, imagine that a player can build a fire by collecting trash from mobs, this if you want to keep the Wild West theme, but you can also put electricity-dependent light sources since the DinoStorm universe technology is quite advanced, shiny rocks or plants, fireflies, etc)
For each event you can put details for its theme, for example Halloween: You slightly darken the maps and decorate it with illuminated Pumpkin Heads, for example Christmas. You could decorate the map with snowmen, Christmas lights.
I totally left the original idea but that is the magnificent thing, there will never be a lack of ideas, and I can go on and on giving suggestions, I don't understand why the devs can't, they don't brainstorm on the team?

Larigorpo

Reaction score
Server
America_3
Main Char
Larigorpo
Clan
Kings of Light
[QUOTE = "Larigorpo, postagem: 57975, membro: 26349"]
Que bom que você perguntou! Nós da America 4 estamos tendo problemas de jogabilidade no último mapa. Este tem muito lag e nos faz morrer o tempo todo. Talvez você possa tirar a neve que cai para deixar o mapa mais claro. Ou até mesmo mudar em geral, que aquele mapa todo branco não é nada atraente e está causando problemas de jogabilidade para muitas pessoas. Os outros mapas são legais e jogamos fácil, sem nenhum problema. Espero que você obtenha o mapa das montanhas Maujak. Obrigado!!!
[/CITAR]

Reactions: NaY

Ulutin

Reaction score
Server
Europe_4
Main Char
Ulutin
Clan
Kurultai
I have some issues about travel gates as well;

3. It's annoying that the players can not use teleport matrix as duelist.​
Players should be able to teleport even as duelist
4. Teleport prices are EXTREMELY HIGH.​
Consider that it's very very very hard and time consuming to farm dd after level 52. It's another topic but it is something which needs attention. (Connecting every map directly to DV would solve this teleport price problem.)
5. After suicide, we are able to respawn at DV for free, but when we try to teleport to DV using travel gates, it takes thousands of dollars from Maujak Mountains.​
Perhaps teleporting to DV should be free.

SirCoral

Reaction score
Server
America_1
Main Char
Sr.coralillo
Clan
-Apocalipsis-
Right now the central question is "why the changes are wanted" for the current maps to begin with. Not how the map can be changed etc. We need your reason behind it why you dislike them in terms of gameplay. Some points would could gather from your input and so far got confirmation that thase might be the main issues.
For greater mobility in war, since the portals are in red, an alternative if you do not have dino dollars and you need to go on foot to your hunting area, to give more adventure to the game, to reach the market on foot without much difficulty, to be at war apart with more roads you would have more alternatives, it would not do everything so monotonous, currently it is only linear, which means that you do not have many options since the portals are in red, if they open more roads you can go to another portal other than the which follows the one you are currently in, but for example, going from Moore to Sheridan, this would also help players with slow dinosaurs like brachiosaurus / ankylosaurus a lot, mostly in leveling up.

Agusdim

Reaction score
Server
America_1
Main Char
Agusdim
Clan
The Revolution
third reason, a renovation.
I am sure that the devs do not actively play Dino Storm and that is why they do not suffer what the players suffer, the iterative of the maps

SirCoral

Reaction score
Server
America_1
Main Char
Sr.coralillo
Clan
-Apocalipsis-
For greater mobility in war, since the portals are in red, an alternative if you do not have dino dollars and you need to go on foot to your hunting area, to give more adventure to the game, to reach the market on foot without much difficulty, to be at war apart with more roads you would have more alternatives, it would not do everything so monotonous, currently it is only linear, which means that you do not have many options since the portals are in red, if they open more roads you can go to another portal other than the which follows the one you are currently in, but for example, going from Moore to Sheridan, this would also help players with slow dinosaurs like brachiosaurus / ankylosaurus a lot, mostly in leveling up.

the portals would continue to be used, but there would be another alternative, which makes the player want to continue playing and fighting.

XxSr.DinoxX

Reaction score
Server
America_5
Main Char
Haddock
Clan
xXLegion Of DeathXx
Well, the maps can be changed, I showed some points of reference on how the map can be changed according to the opinion of the players, many of us show the reasons, there are several, just you understand, many of us want something different and I will tell the side why:

- Labyrinths: We want them because wars and hunting would be much more frantic, with great suspense and better locomotion in hunting and etc ...

- Useful paths: useful paths are those that take the linear shape out of maps in general, damage better shortcuts, so it would be good, since the speed of dinosaurs, especially tanks, has been reduced.

-Expansions: I think this idea is less popular than it came from my head, but I think it would go well for hunting and with cheaper stretches.

Those are my reasons, other players can cite other reasons why we want different maps too, not only with different shortcuts in which they leave the map still linear, Greetings.

snnrk

Reaction score
Server
America_4
Main Char
_Sunork_
Clan
-
Mobility and variety. Having to move around a map that looks like an intestine is tiring, repetitive and boring, for players with low speed, moving within zones of the same level consumes a good part of the game time, if you are considering a player who is between 2 or 3 hunting zones the time spent on travel tends to be even more problematic.

Currently, the progression of attacks/defenses has only 1 direction of progress (forward or backward), which makes the war always the same and without strategy, where those who are in greater numbers prevail either to attack or defend, there is no way to divide the enemy's strength.

istencsaszar

Reaction score
Server
Europe_1
Main Char
Odin.
Clan
-
Some of my problems with the current maps:
- In wars, there is no way to outflank/suprise/avoid the enemy using alternative routes. When you are outnumbered and enemies are coming from both sides, you should be able to escape and attack somewhere else. On the new suggested map you can still be trapped between two buildings.
- Alphas and veterans and quest animals often spawn and can't be avoided. With more "maze-like" maps, mobs and quests could be placed in routes that don't lead to buildings. The newly planned routes are very narrow, so if an alpha spawns in them, it will be hard for the low level player to get through.
- More steady access to market while hunting without teleportation. The new suggested map of GF isn't a solution for this, no roads lead to market.
- There are not enough hunting grounds for high level players.

Status
Not open for further replies.