What's new

Feedback Wanted: Site Conflict Adjustments (3.2)

Queenie

Reaction score
Server
Europe_1
Main Char
- Goldilocks -
Clan
Beloved and Hated
Unfortunately I don't think it will be fixed how it used to in the past if at all. Imagining 5 brachis at a gate afk draining with that implant installed, uff

Hardwell

Reaction score
Server
America_2
Main Char
ZEUS
Clan
SHADOWS
Maybe do that while EP is full to make it seem like 'rage' implant still and not make it as op
I can see ceolo with his 2nd skill being useful now like a assassin xD

NazzaFire

Reaction score
Server
Europe_2
Main Char
Male
Clan
Clanless
I don't see anything wrong, after all you are an alliance against a few players, and even if there are a few players who use the brachiosaurus they have the right to take a piece of the cake , indeed you split the clan and each clan takes 4 gates. And this is already a strategy againt Kos side

DarkMyth.

Reaction score
Server
Europe_1
Main Char
DarkMyth.
Clan
Eternal Aces
I don't see anything wrong, after all you are an alliance against a few players, and even if there are a few players who use the brachiosaurus they have the right to take a piece of the cake , indeed you split the clan and each clan takes 4 gates. And this is already a strategy againt Kos side
Like I said, your vision is putting the game into a situation as the game is only 5 players against an alliance, once an alliance breaks somewhere and becomes clan vs clan situation you, and whoever agreed with you will realize you messed up big time.

We're all watching the war on asia, it's just a swapping game. If that's your goal then you might as well start expecting more people to quit because it's nonsense to play such game where you're forced to lose once you hold sites.

Also you're saying alliances split as a strategy against kos side, well no we were forced to split otherwise the enemy would have insane advantage, and that was the dev's goal, to force big clans into splitting. And kos are doing the same, splitting into multiple clans in order to have insane drain speed, you can't be complaining over here.

Last edited:

itzmee

Reaction score
Server
Europe_1
Main Char
DinoKing
Clan
Fekete lovag
This update which has the buff is really good , but the loophole in which alliance did by splitting one clan into 4 smaller doesn't look fair.
There should be an alliance system in the game and this system should count all the alliance clans holdings the gates together and offer better drain rate as they help eachother while still having the buff worked as existing+only the owner clan can repair the gate.
Maybe by this way alliance clans cannot attack eachother trying to exchange or save the gates.
So this will ensure wheather a single clan holds entire map or it's smaller clans holds the map shouldn't matter because they are still allied and giving better drain rate.
More work and ideas has to be put here but I'm just giving a outline.

DarkMyth.

Reaction score
Server
Europe_1
Main Char
DarkMyth.
Clan
Eternal Aces
This update which has the buff is really good , but the loophole in which alliance did by splitting one clan into 4 smaller doesn't look fair.
There should be an alliance system in the game and this system should count all the alliance clans holdings the gates together and offer better drain rate as they help eachother while still having the buff worked as existing+only the owner clan can repair the gate.
Maybe by this way alliance clans cannot attack eachother trying to exchange or save the gates.
So this will ensure wheather a single clan holds entire map or it's smaller clans holds the map shouldn't matter because they are still allied and giving better drain rate.
More work and ideas has to be put here but I'm just giving a outline.
@Pleiadian what were you saying about the devs mistake was listening to some eu1 clowns?

piotr50000009

Reaction score
Server
Europe_1
Main Char
Deczeter
Clan
-
What is your problem with the alliances?
These alliances are not God-given!!! The players formed them, they were capable of working together, they developed and enforced rules. Why was that possible? Because the other players accepted and appreciated it.
Every player starts the game with the same prerequisites. Some move up, some don't. Why is that? Perhaps because of the player's personality, their strengths and weaknesses. Have you ever thought about that?
I started the game in March 2021, I didn't know anyone. After 1 year I became sheriff and leader of an alliance clan (with buildings!). I had this chance because I am friendly and fair, because I developed strategies and kept and analyzed clan stats.
Pvp was fun.
For example, your friend Nazzafire has an 80 slot clan, why wasn't he successful? Is it the game or rather his personality?
You changed the game beyond recognition to give people like him a better chance. Wow!
Now only unemployed bums can become anything because they can be online every phase and mine between phases.
If you have a life, job or school/uni you will lose your buildings and elections.
And what about the PvP fun?
If you have no buildings, you take brachi with armor, shield, agility and stave, attack 1 building and go drink coffee.
Even 5 enemies won't kill you. After a short time, the building is yours. Great!
I've completely lost the fun.
Splitscreen has now successfully destroyed large alliances. Congratulations!
What about the players who appreciated the orderly advancement according to our rules?
But you forgot one more thing: Unemployed people don't usually have much money.
With the money I've put into this game in the last 3 years (~€15k), I could buy a Nasa PC and every game in Steam. Or a car.
I'm not willing to put my money into this game anymore.
I will leave the game.
It's not a strategy game anymore, it's just chaos.
All those losers will win a Rex now, but I won't be around to see it.
FINALLY someone understands it, i applaud you. This is what devs should read and really think about, not some low lvl or some random guy who decided he wants gates now he pesters devs about it. People spent money on this game, and plenty too, people took time to help their clanmates up and this is the treatement they get. Salute to you.
Edit: Today i've witnessed the worst take of entire 11 years, you're getting the best take of 11 years :')

itzmee

Reaction score
Server
Europe_1
Main Char
DinoKing
Clan
Fekete lovag
I don't understand the problem in having alliance system but u have alliance but just don't want a system and rules for it.
Alliance will also work for attackers and defenders both.
Now big clans breaking into 4 subclans gives bad drain rate hence takes more time but somehow this should be resolved by the alliance system.
Ally want alliance but no system for it.

Hardwell

Reaction score
Server
America_2
Main Char
ZEUS
Clan
SHADOWS
These alliances are not God-given!!! The players formed them, they were capable of working together, they developed and enforced rules. Why was that possible? Because the other players accepted and appreciated it.
Every player starts the game with the same prerequisites. Some move up, some don't. Why is that? Perhaps because of the player's personality, their strengths and weaknesses. Have you ever thought about that?
I started the game in March 2021, I didn't know anyone. After 1 year I became sheriff and leader of an alliance clan (with buildings!). I had this chance because I am friendly and fair, because I developed strategies and kept and analyzed clan stats.
Pvp was fun.
For example, your friend Nazzafire has an 80 slot clan, why wasn't he successful? Is it the game or rather his personality?
You changed the game beyond recognition to give people like him a better chance. Wow!
Now only unemployed bums can become anything because they can be online every phase and mine between phases.
If you have a life, job or school/uni you will lose your buildings and elections.
If you have no buildings, you take brachi with armor, shield, agility and stave, attack 1 building and go drink coffee.
Even 5 enemies won't kill you. After a short time, the building is yours. Great!
What about the players who appreciated the orderly advancement according to our rules?
With the money I've put into this game in the last 3 years (~€15k), I could buy a Nasa PC and every game in Steam. Or a car.
I will leave the game.
man his ready to bring in a lawyer to fight for his case against splitscreen in the court room o_O

SPA

Reaction score
Server
Europe_1
Main Char
@I1 E 4 E H 9l T 0 P
Clan
CHILL_ZONE
I don't understand the problem in having alliance system but u have alliance but just don't want a system and rules for it.
Alliance will also work for attackers and defenders both.
Now big clans breaking into 4 subclans gives bad drain rate hence takes more time but somehow this should be resolved by the alliance system.
Ally want alliance but no system for it.
it would be ideal if the developers initially started from the implementation of the alliance system and created conditions for both attackers and defenders, now it is better to be infinitely attacking than defending, defending can only work against 1-2 people if they are caught on the approach to gates, implementing an alliance system with such conditions no longer has meaning. there is no such online game, even for such an alliance as on eu-1, dividing the number of active players into each clan by 4 gates so that these players enter each phase is simply impossible, so splitting into clans on the other hand is even worse for the alliance, they get a more profitable drain by attacked at the cost of getting a debuff on dmg x4

Queenie

Reaction score
Server
Europe_1
Main Char
- Goldilocks -
Clan
Beloved and Hated
Job for defender is to defend their gates, not share with enemies
At least that's how I think it works

Queenie

Reaction score
Server
Europe_1
Main Char
- Goldilocks -
Clan
Beloved and Hated
Let's hope the enemies require more and more rangers in the near future. And when they do, a few brachios are getting out of hand. You all want changes based on the current war, but whenever one group loses or requires members, the system needs a complete rewrite all over again...

Currently, all updates feel like a football match where one big team is only allowed to walk while the other small team can zoom around in go-karts.
Agreed, it would be much easier to just give up and return the old system as this is just getting ridiculious.
We argue like idiots over a dead pixel game. Those who are actually trying to give out ideas are ignored because they are not from enemy side as it looks like at the moment developers only agree what attackers say.

Queenie

Reaction score
Server
Europe_1
Main Char
- Goldilocks -
Clan
Beloved and Hated
Agreed, it would be much easier to just give up and return the old system as this is just getting ridiculious.
We argue like idiots over a dead pixel game. Those who are actually trying to give out ideas are ignored because they are not from enemy side as it looks like at the moment developers only agree what attackers say.
or they seem to look only at people who praise them for their "hard work"

NazzaFire

Reaction score
Server
Europe_2
Main Char
Male
Clan
Clanless
Pvp was fun.
I will leave the game.
I'm always on the side of the weakest and it's good that now those few players who are weak when compared to a large alliance can finally make a difference , do I have to remind you when you threat 2 my friends for their elections , because things not going how u wanted , is this how you want it to continue? , I think even the members which you kicked from your alliance/clan could have a chance. Plus I know you have 5 secondary accounts in eu2 , lets say this is also an abuse

Last edited:

-Diablo.

Reaction score
Server
Europe_1
Main Char
-Byrnison.
Clan
Greek Aces
Pvp was fun.
I will leave the game.
I gonna follow u. 😏

Mania

Reaction score
Server
America_2
Main Char
-I- Mercy -I-
Clan
Peace Walkers
the problem with the updates thus far (balancing aside) is that the complaints coming from both sides feel very... short sighted?

obviously you want to be able to take and maintain sites. but the problem i'm reading on the forums (mostly from eu1 and eu2, y'all need to get outside or something for real) is that everyone wants their side to be buffed for an easy victory, and while i understand the sentiment the issue is that at some point you will end up on the other side for better or worse. the goal for us, as a community, is to have it so that both sides have a chance to take sites and both sides can steal elections either way. is it frustrating for the enemy to lose? absolutely! but this is a war game, and losing is a part of war.

you can't spend day after day on the forums complaining about this or that and then ask for some update that will give your side an inherent advantage. that's not how game balance is supposed to work. in my honest opinion, even though there are parts of this update that i personally don't enjoy, this is the most fair that the game has been in a very long time. my enemies take buildings pretty regularly, and y'all might not agree with this take, but that is a good thing. if you are a server enemy and never have any sort of chance to take buildings and get fame, then why would you even play? that's why the game felt so dead for so long. am2 during combat phases has the most people i have seen in years. there is still a lot of work that has to be done but now there is an actual challenge to alliances and an actual chance to kos players.

i don't know, this is my take on things coming from am2. don't come at me and be all "but but but eu1!!!" i don't care about eu1 stop talking about eu1 eu1 isn't the center of the universe

i have actual incentive to play the game now and it actually feels worth logging in because there's actual war. those of you that are mad about it can cope i guess.

Xx EL LOBO xX

Reaction score
Server
America_1
Main Char
xxthewolfxx
Clan
_THE REVOLUTION_
Pvp was fun.
I will leave the game.
Alliances were always a problem for the game, only 1 side could win charges because they were the majority, and since they were more other people were forced to join the big alliance because they could not win any charges in the clan they wanted. Instead they joined to a clan part of the alliance and left once they won sheriff. and this happened during years people were forced to stay in 1 side to win charges so tell me what is the fun/fair part about that? maybe the update has not accomplished his objective at 100% but its definitely better than the previous version of the game, even if some things need to be fixed first..
Instead of criticizing the update why you dont provide some good ideas? the main problem now (or atleast in my server) is clans using extensions to drain themselves and still save the fame and making gates undrainable. I think defending should be encouraged.. Maybe reduce the draining rate or smth but people just dont try to defend.I remember someone proposed that we should make each gate have his own protection phase instead of making it for all maps, this would make the game funnier because people would not just play at the conflict phase and leave, they would have to stay since they dont know when and what gate will be vulnerable and the surprise factor would still be there like before.

Xx EL LOBO xX

Reaction score
Server
America_1
Main Char
xxthewolfxx
Clan
_THE REVOLUTION_
the problem with the updates thus far (balancing aside) is that the complaints coming from both sides feel very... short sighted?

obviously you want to be able to take and maintain sites. but the problem i'm reading on the forums (mostly from eu1 and eu2, y'all need to get outside or something for real) is that everyone wants their side to be buffed for an easy victory, and while i understand the sentiment the issue is that at some point you will end up on the other side for better or worse. the goal for us, as a community, is to have it so that both sides have a chance to take sites and both sides can steal elections either way. is it frustrating for the enemy to lose? absolutely! but this is a war game, and losing is a part of war.

you can't spend day after day on the forums complaining about this or that and then ask for some update that will give your side an inherent advantage. that's not how game balance is supposed to work. in my honest opinion, even though there are parts of this update that i personally don't enjoy, this is the most fair that the game has been in a very long time. my enemies take buildings pretty regularly, and y'all might not agree with this take, but that is a good thing. if you are a server enemy and never have any sort of chance to take buildings and get fame, then why would you even play? that's why the game felt so dead for so long. am2 during combat phases has the most people i have seen in years. there is still a lot of work that has to be done but now there is an actual challenge to alliances and an actual chance to kos players.

i don't know, this is my take on things coming from am2. don't come at me and be all "but but but eu1!!!" i don't care about eu1 stop talking about eu1 eu1 isn't the center of the universe

i have actual incentive to play the game now and it actually feels worth logging in because there's actual war. those of you that are mad about it can cope i guess.
unlike before drainers dont need to be more to take sites and hold them but the main problems now are:
1- People usually dont play during protection phase, there is nothing to do besides hunting
2- Alliances still exist and the dominant clans use their extensions to take and hold gates like before

Mania

Reaction score
Server
America_2
Main Char
-I- Mercy -I-
Clan
Peace Walkers
unlike before drainers dont need to be more to take sites and hold them but the main problems now are:
1- People usually dont play during protection phase, there is nothing to do besides hunting
2- Alliances still exist and the dominant clans use their extensions to take and hold gates like before
as i mentioned in another comment, there are definitely still issues that need to be addressed. :) but this latest update is a good launchpad for fixing other aspects that are still an issue for the game. inactivity during protection phase is a bit of an issue but my server is still much more active than it was even 6 months ago. as for the alliances, they have been a part of the game nearly as long as the game has existed, and as such it will take a lot more time to really address them at the level people seem to want. this update did help the issue with the addition of the attacker/defender buffs but i'm sure there are more ideas people can come up with to help with the issue of alliances. keep in mind, while you are complaining about the major holding alliances (i would assume), attackers have alliances as well, so any update to address the holding alliances will have some impact on the attacker alliances as well.

as i said in my comments above, even with some issues that still need addressing, the game feels a lot more balanced in a lot more aspects than it did before. one update won't fix everything. it's an ongoing project that will need lots of testing, feedback, and ideas from players and devs.

Sunshine..

Reaction score
Server
America_1
Main Char
..Nuclear..
Clan
No Clan

Yes, ame2 is active for 15 minutes and then 80% of players go offline again.

The vulnerable phase started at 8pm and by 8:10pm practically all maps were ok.

yes, many clans with portals, but where is the fun in that?

Sunshine..

Reaction score
Server
America_1
Main Char
..Nuclear..
Clan
No Clan
well it is monday, and the week is usually a lot quieter compared to the weekend no matter what. :) this weekend had a lot of good war lasting upwards of an hour.
The update was 4 days ago, obviously over the weekend there would be more people online out of pure curiosity.

and even though today is Monday, 8pm is a peak time, where in 10 minutes there was nothing to do.

I'm still wondering, where are you feeling the fun in this new war system

Mania

Reaction score
Server
America_2
Main Char
-I- Mercy -I-
Clan
Peace Walkers
The update was 4 days ago, obviously over the weekend there would be more people online out of pure curiosity.

and even though today is Monday, 8pm is a peak time, where in 10 minutes there was nothing to do.

I'm still wondering, where are you feeling the fun in this new war system
there are a lot more kos playing on the daily, even outside of combat phases. they go on killing sprees in MM a lot. there's generally a lot more action. unless your forum profile is wrong, it seems you're from am1, so maybe you would understand where i'm coming from if you played am2 regularly. :)

Still though all I see is map holders complaining while kos complain and give idea xD
i'm a map holder. not complaining. are you going to give ideas or are you just going to be combative?

Sunshine..

Reaction score
Server
America_1
Main Char
..Nuclear..
Clan
No Clan
there are a lot more kos playing on the daily, even outside of combat phases. they go on killing sprees in MM a lot. there's generally a lot more action. unless your forum profile is wrong, it seems you're from am1, so maybe you would understand where i'm coming from if you played am2 regularly. :)

i'm a map holder. not complaining. are you going to give ideas or are you just going to be combative?
The game is practically giving portals to small clans for free, how could there not be more kos online? 💀💀

and the killing in MM only happens because the defenders don't need to be online in the protection phase.

It really surprises me that there are players who defend a system where the maps are ok in a few minutes

Hardwell

Reaction score
Server
America_2
Main Char
ZEUS
Clan
SHADOWS
The game is practically giving portals to small clans for free, how could there not be more kos online? 💀💀

and the killing in MM only happens because the defenders don't need to be online in the protection phase.

It really surprises me that there are players who defend a system where the maps are ok in a few minutes
It's not ok man.... Wars ending in minutes needs to be addressed....

Mania

Reaction score
Server
America_2
Main Char
-I- Mercy -I-
Clan
Peace Walkers

if you'll look at my other posts, as i've said a few times now, i did say that there are issues that still need to be addressed! :) however, the devs can only do so much at once in big updates like this and will have to continue to collect ideas and feedback from us players. the main point of the update was to give kos clans more of a fighting chance, which i would say it has done pretty well thus far.

there is more to be done to make the game more fun and more populated for sure. i am not arguing that. but we have a much better base to fix those other issues. the game is more fair for those that aren't part of the dominating alliance. that is a good thing. multiple things can be true. this update helped a lot with fairness but there is also that can still stand to be changed.

you are not arguing in good faith if you don't acknowledge that it's a good thing that those small clans can claim buildings now. before, they barely had a chance. how is that change not a good thing?

Igaflys

Reaction score
Server
America_4
Main Char
...BoBo...
Clan
xxxSTAR_STORMxxx
I find it funny how a lot of people are mixing war with only fighting over a buildings.

If you guys say that after 10 min everyone goes offline then what kind of war is that XDDD

War happens when u try to destroy your enemies not only when there's conflict phase, you try to make them Wear protection all time, steal their hunt, basically u try to do everything just to make the game worse for them and maybe even kick them from the server. Also it usually last for around 1 year or even longer.

Pls stop mixing this two things, that's annoying tbh.

Luka Patajac

Reaction score
Server
Europe_1
Main Char
Valmort
Clan
Extra Power
I find it funny how a lot of people are mixing war with only fighting over a buildings.

If you guys say that after 10 min everyone goes offline then what kind of war is that XDDD

War happens when u try to destroy your enemies not only when there's conflict phase, you try to make them Wear protection all time, steal their hunt, basically u try to do everything just to make the game worse for them and maybe even kick them from the server. Also it usually last for around 1 year or even longer.

Now thats true definition of war this whole 10 minute fight over builds people speak of is more like joke of war than actual war.

Hardwell

Reaction score
Server
America_2
Main Char
ZEUS
Clan
SHADOWS
I

Agreed feels weird having gates while wearing my neon star blue badge 😎... Something feels off...

Czarna

Reaction score
Server
Europe_4
Main Char
Czarna
Clan
- Eternal -
am2 during combat phases has the most people i have seen in years. there is still a lot of work that has to be done but now there is an actual challenge to alliances and an actual chance to kos players.

Glad that your server has gotten more active now, but I'm left wondering how much that fact has to do with the update. For the past few years it became normal for 1 small server to take the spotlight, while others become stagnant in the meantime. Something happens outside of the game that influences all players to move to that server, act out their war there and then move on to the next, leaving that server empty again. It would be great if your server escaped that cycle due to the update and stayed active for a long time, but the small servers that I play on are all entering deep into the stagnant phase again.

For me personally it just feels like there are less and less things to do in the game. When a server is doing site swaps, you have to join the game right before each phase starts (as a site owner - to swap quickly, as an attacker - to have any chance to drain a single site before the swap is finished). I rarely get attacked by other players until there are only a few sites left on the map. All sites often become recently claimed in less than 20 minutes.

Years ago I used to love defending sites - I would immediately stop whatever I was doing in the game and run up to any site that became red, no matter who it belonged to, or how many enemies there were. Now it feels counter-productive to do anything besides sitting in the map with your sites for the whole phase (as a defender) or just straight up swapping sites with an ally to get the phase over with quicker and get back to doing anything else (farm dds, ores etc).

As an attacker I used to have a lot of fun even when I was losing, now I'm barely getting any enjoyment, even when I'm "winning" a couple sites during the Vulnerable phase. But it doesn't even feel like winning, most of the time no one is there to stop me - and if anyone does show up, they can't kill me (Adrenaline buff for attackers, the defender is busy draining other sites), so the person with the higher drain rate wins regardless of the fight. My enemies can literally follow me around sometimes and block from taking any sites thanks to their high drain rate and there is nothing I can do about it when I'm in that situation. Likewise, it feels pointless to go after any red sites as a small attacking group, as we can't be sure who's drain rate will be higher before we get there and if we would even be able to kill any enemies before the site is fully drained.

Many players left the game after they lost the hope of ever holding sites again, so it's good that we are thinking of ways to award attackers for their struggle. But I just feel like we are moving in a direction that removes a lot of the game's charm and fun. The rewards are useful and important, but they aren't the fun part.