What's new

Feedback Wanted: Site Conflict Adjustments (3.2)

DarkMyth.

Reaction score
Server
Europe_1
Main Char
DarkMyth.
Clan
Eternal Aces
Where has the issue of wars and planning gone? The new way to play Dino Storm is rotations and more rotations, it is boring and useless, they have killed the wars, rotating maps is much better. I remember that previously wars were more fun depending on your portal and doing absurd and illogical rotations. This game is about defending your sites and positions, not about rotating 4 hours in each phase, where is the fun of the game?
Gameplay became too boring and lame because of specific issues, update itself is great but it’s focusing on one thing which is a small clan vs an entire alliance.

What if there was a situation where there’s a clan vs clan fight? Attacking clan are gonna win no matter what you’re gonna do and it’ll be a cycle every phase one clan will take over and so on..

Players see no point in continuing to play a game where most of it’s purpose has been literally ignored and now all you need to do is get yourself a brachi, defensive implants & techs then enjoy taking gates without the need of fighting.

They made alliances split clans and they successfully weakened their forces but did they consider about what if the attacker clan split into multiple clans to have a insane drain speed? That’s literally free sites giveaway, and then at some point alliances send players to hold a site each, where’s the fun? That’s not entertaining at all, surely the attackers should have the advantage over a defender that’s how it works everywhere, but that’s insane advantage, I see kos from other servers able to take 5-10 sites and complaining that it’s not enough? I don’t understand how we went from 15 minutes draining speed to 3 minutes.
In the past when a defender step into the circle he could’ve paused the attacker from draining the site, now people complain because the defender heals 40 and they drain double or triple that?

Suguygyu

Reaction score
Server
Europe_3
Main Char
Suguygyu
Clan
Drained From Inside
Players see no point in continuing to play a game where most of it’s purpose has been literally ignored and now all you need to do is get yourself a brachi, defensive implants & techs then enjoy taking gates without the need of fighting.
Thats the pretty much issue, balancing is required due to tank dinos or damage reduction x4 should be reduced to x2 or x3 for example. Defender stepping in gate was enough to stop draining as you said, even though its arguable it had a key role for making attacker to actually fight and not just standing in gate. So even though its gone we need something new for attacker to attack defenders and not just standing in gate.

A group of brachi that can spawn nearest gate and continously come for draining without a fight cannot be stopped so best way to defend it simply by having drainer clan that has 0 gates and also equip brachi and get in circle with actual attacker so knowing that they cannot claim the gate they give up on that gate (Yes best defense is attacking your own gate right now)

As a result, something that make people want to fight should be considered and something to reduce tank dinos effectiveness :|

Suguygyu

Reaction score
Server
Europe_3
Main Char
Suguygyu
Clan
Drained From Inside
I think the damage reduction should be 0 from other clans not defending, and trave sickness should be lowered to 5 seconds maybe its very long.
I disagree with that, x4 damage reduction gives no room for competing between attackers, usually whoever has more draining speed gets the gate even though situation between 2 attacker group is 1v3.

Travel sickness is important factor for preventing kit abuse and also a reward for attacker competing in 1v1 so whoever wins 1v1 drains more point from the gate.

I think travel sickness is pretty ok for now, not annoying for mining players to wait for a long time and also fighting for gates.

SPA

Reaction score
Server
Europe_1
Main Char
@I1 E 4 E H 9l T 0 P
Clan
CHILL_ZONE
Well, you can wait for the next phase and take advantage of the advantage that you will have now that you will be an attacker, and so on xddxd
however, this is a constant reset of gates and claims productivity, for this reason the gate is disposable in the literal sense for the attacker to "take 400% of the gate" and drain it in the next phase, however, even in this case, the alliance will not take this build from the attacker until the attacker raises this building to 400% and takes it for himself easily. to some extent, before the update, it was even more profitable for atackers (all keep 200%), however, after the update, it gives stability to gate ownership, but this is less of a gain in fame compared to the alliance, and pvp itself now looks ridiculous because of the buff, I have already suggested 100 times about how this buff should work for a defender or an attacker outside the circle, mirror buff when attacking a player in a circle it probably makes sense to do the same as in the previous system, attackers>defender -> drain, attackers = or < defender -> stopping drain, If the attackers are dead, the repair begins

DarkMyth.

Reaction score
Server
Europe_1
Main Char
DarkMyth.
Clan
Eternal Aces
mirror buff when attacking a player in a circle it probably makes sense to do the same as in the previous system, attackers>defender -> drain, attackers = or < defender -> stopping drain, If the attackers are dead, the repair begins
It would make sense if the draining would be paused, and repairing as well as long as there's an attacker and a defender in the circle, then the process continues depending on who won the fight. This way AFK draining with tanks won't work anymore and people will have to actually fight.

Hardwell

Reaction score
Server
America_2
Main Char
ZEUS
Clan
SHADOWS
Hmm, right now all gates are always at basic. etc cause map holders don't want KOS to profit from the "fame stealing" during phases...

To me "not wanting KOS to profit" from map stealing is one of the problems in endgame 3.2 even though Endgame 3 is supposed to have this mechanic of fame stealing so KOS can have a fraction of the pie.

Is it possible to create a gel that doesn't allow the recently claimed owner to extract all the medals. But could only retrieve a portion of it in the gate. So the gel works like wallet guard gel but this time its on medals in the gate.

Class A: Losing gate only gives 90% of medals generated in the gate
Class B: Losing the gate only gives 70% of medals generated in the gate
Class C: Losing the gate only gives 50% of the medals generated in the gate.

Maybe this will encourage people to upgrade yield and also try to make war intense and could last for the full duration of the conflict phase instead of clans just quickly capturing gates and war ending within 30 mins

SPA

Reaction score
Server
Europe_1
Main Char
@I1 E 4 E H 9l T 0 P
Clan
CHILL_ZONE
Hmm, right now all gates are always at basic. etc cause map holders don't want KOS to profit from the "fame stealing" during phases...

To me "not wanting KOS to profit" from map stealing is one of the problems in endgame 3.2 even though Endgame 3 is supposed to have this mechanic of fame stealing so KOS can have a fraction of the pie.

Is it possible to create a gel that doesn't allow the recently claimed owner to extract all the medals. But could only retrieve a portion of it in the gate. So the gel works like wallet guard gel but this time its on medals in the gate.

Class A: Losing gate only gives 90% of medals generated in the gate
Class B: Losing the gate only gives 70% of medals generated in the gate
Class C: Losing the gate only gives 50% of the medals generated in the gate.

Maybe this will encourage people to upgrade yield and also try to make war intense and could last for the full duration of the conflict phase instead of clans just quickly capturing gates and war ending within 30 mins
I think for the most part this will prevent attackers from getting rewards from the gates they received, the alliance will probably use these gels more than the attacker. About the problem that concerns you that the alliance is abusing trade maps with 50%, as I understand it, I think your side need to make a series of election victories so that they think that this does not work well enough for them. in this case, mining will help you

Hardwell

Reaction score
Server
America_2
Main Char
ZEUS
Clan
SHADOWS
I think for the most part this will prevent attackers from getting rewards from the gates they received, the alliance will probably use these gels more than the attacker. About the problem that concerns you that the alliance is abusing trade maps with 50%, as I understand it, I think your side need to make a series of election victories so that they think that this does not work well enough for them. in this case, mining will help you
but..... they still getting famesss even though its this little .... its still something... and main thing is I Hope war become 1hr worth fighting.... imagine u work/study whole day just to come back home to play 30 mins war.....

Pleiadian

Reaction score
Server
America_1
Main Char
Rembrandt.
Clan
-
It would make sense if the draining would be paused, and repairing as well as long as there's an attacker and a defender in the circle, then the process continues depending on who won the fight. This way AFK draining with tanks won't work anymore and people will have to actually fight.
This idea solves a problem here.

In my feedback, I've written that the gameplay has become mostly "Site Swapping" and there's very little battle.

Site swapping is something that has been happening since forever, so it is not a problem in itself per se.

The issue at hand would be there's either no battle or the battle for a Site is too short.

Pausing Draining/ Repair while both are in the circle, would not only force the drainer to battle for a Site but would also de-motivate afk draining with Tank.

And there's no downside for the attackers. Since the Adrenaline Buff prevents attackers from getting attacked by a third party.

Hardwell

Reaction score
Server
America_2
Main Char
ZEUS
Clan
SHADOWS
This idea solves a problem here.

In my feedback, I've written that the gameplay has become mostly "Site Swapping" and there's very little battle.

Site swapping is something that has been happening since forever, so it is not a problem in itself per se.

The issue at hand would be there's either no battle or the battle for a Site is too short.

Pausing Draining/ Repair while both are in the circle, would not only force the drainer to battle for a Site but would also de-motivate afk draining with Tank.

And there's no downside for the attackers. Since the Adrenaline Buff prevents attackers from getting attacked by a third party.
Hmm yeah this idea can also help prolong the conflict duration too as the red draining values won't keep activating and dropping the gate HP continuously

Alewx

Splitscreen Studios
Reaction score

Have to disagree there, it just goes back to blocking attackers with afk defenders standing around and hindering everything.

DarkMyth.

Reaction score
Server
Europe_1
Main Char
DarkMyth.
Clan
Eternal Aces
Have to disagree there, it just goes back to blocking attackers with afk defenders standing around and hindering everything.
Same goes to attackers, bringing 10-15 brachis and do nothing but sit and wait few minutes to take the site. Find a solution then since you will disagree with one possibility that might be solving the problem or at least test it?

Hardwell

Reaction score
Server
America_2
Main Char
ZEUS
Clan
SHADOWS
I feel that all clan will want DV to capture their site as it give 3x medal output and gives enemy 0 medals which is the best outcome. However,DV capturing site is very random.... and takes a few phase to get DV to capture.

I would think DV capturing your site would mean you technically won "the war" and should be all clans' final goal...
is it possible that if a clan can maintain their gates after any 2 phases DV will capture their gate and in the next phase, it becomes a neutral gate.

With these people will be motivated to defend their gate as you don't have to be worried about giving enemy medals and you also can get the end goal reward of getting 3x medals

- Leyenda -

Reaction score
Server
America_5
Main Char
- Leyenda -
Clan
-GLadiadores-
I feel that all clan will want DV to capture their site as it give 3x medal output and gives enemy 0 medals which is the best outcome. However,DV capturing site is very random.... and takes a few phase to get DV to capture.

I would think DV capturing your site would mean you technically won "the war" and should be all clans' final goal...
is it possible that if a clan can maintain their gates after any 2 phases DV will capture their gate and in the next phase, it becomes a neutral gate.

With these people will be motivated to defend their gate as you don't have to be worried about giving enemy medals and you also can get the end goal reward of getting 3x medals
Let me understand, you want the towers to never reach 400%? hahaha

Hardwell

Reaction score
Server
America_2
Main Char
ZEUS
Clan
SHADOWS
Let me understand, you want the towers to never reach 400%? hahaha
Maybe have timer upgrade like the ones Before endgame 3.2 version. Because too much commitment is needed for defending.... As KOS who are low in numbers and many map holder complain KOS only steal gate and don't defend hopefully the idea above will make KOS defend their maps and not just steal gates for 1 mins and keep gates at basic.

- Leyenda -

Reaction score
Server
America_5
Main Char
- Leyenda -
Clan
-GLadiadores-
Maybe have timer upgrade like the ones Before endgame 3.2 version. Because too much commitment is needed for defending.... As KOS who are low in numbers and many map holder complain KOS only steal gate and don't defend hopefully the idea above will make KOS defend their maps and not just steal gates for 1 mins and keep gates at basic.
Unfortunately, no one is going to spend DDs for something they cannot maintain. Now it is easy to just go to the 400% portals and stand there doing nothing. The idea is kind of good, but that is an illusion.

Alewx

Splitscreen Studios
Reaction score
anyone can explain how DV capture your gates again :3?
the chance that the building gets taken by DV is increasing after each conflict phase when it gets defenced by the owning clan, but it caps at a certain point.

depending on the chance it can already happen after just 2 conflict phases like it happend to me during testing, or you get more to the overall average where it has a relative high chance to be taken by DV after about 5-6 phases.

Hardwell

Reaction score
Server
America_2
Main Char
ZEUS
Clan
SHADOWS
the chance that the building gets taken by DV is increasing after each conflict phase when it gets defenced by the owning clan, but it caps at a certain point.

depending on the chance it can already happen after just 2 conflict phases like it happend to me during testing, or you get more to the overall average where it has a relative high chance to be taken by DV after about 5-6 phases.
Could it be a fixed method where if a clan manage to hold for 2 phases DV will capture it so that enemy will not take any medals. As of right now I feel there is no rewards for people who successfully defended their gates but rather having a heavy toll of letting their big generated fame get stolen by KOS.

Suguygyu

Reaction score
Server
Europe_3
Main Char
Suguygyu
Clan
Drained From Inside
Could it be a fixed method where if a clan manage to hold for 2 phases DV will capture it so that enemy will not take any medals. As of right now I feel there is no rewards for people who successfully defended their gates but rather having a heavy toll of letting their big generated fame get stolen by KOS.
I think what makes stealing big generated fame easy is not about dv maintenance, the issue is about balancing close range fights and preventing afk draining (current situation) or afk repearing.

Other than that, i think dv maintenance is big reward due to x3 fame it gives so it should be deserved with holding gate for multiple conflict phases.

DarkMyth.

Reaction score
Server
Europe_1
Main Char
DarkMyth.
Clan
Eternal Aces
I think what makes stealing big generated fame easy is not about dv maintenance, the issue is about balancing close range fights and preventing afk draining (current situation) or afk repearing.
That's exactly what we're saying since yesterday but apparently Alewx disagreed with the idea of pausing draining/repairing while both attacker & defender are battling in the site. But he did say there's an idea floating around as a possible solution hopefully this will fix our issue otherwise I think we should test what I've mentioned.

The buff is working and big clans now have split into small clans, third-parties can hardly support them due to the buff and PvP is kind of boring nowadays, I believe one of the solutions to our issue would be forcing players to fight for their goal and not just have it so easy like they do now, even a solo player who's got a tank setup can take sites simply by standing.

Last edited:

Suguygyu

Reaction score
Server
Europe_3
Main Char
Suguygyu
Clan
Drained From Inside
That's exactly what we're saying since yesterday but apparently Alewx disagreed with the idea of pausing draining/repairing while both attacker & defender are battling in the site. But he did say there's an idea floating around as a possible solution hopefully this will fix our issue otherwise I think we should test what I've mentioned.
Well the reason attackers are not fighting back is for avoiding defenders to open crit on them or not getting bleed etc.

Due to this i believe rage implant needs rework. For example giving continuous rage like healing implant does to hp or getting rage with attacking as in old pvp system.

So knowing that just standing in gate wont change anything, attackers may want to fight back.

DarkMyth.

Reaction score
Server
Europe_1
Main Char
DarkMyth.
Clan
Eternal Aces
Well the reason attackers are not fighting back is for avoiding defenders to open crit on them or not getting bleed etc.

Due to this i believe rage implant needs rework. For example giving continuous rage like healing implant does to hp or getting rage with attacking as in old pvp system.

So knowing that just standing in gate wont change anything, attackers may want to fight back.
In most cases, or at least in my server the people who are attacking are multi-accounting, which results in us (defenders) having 10 attackers and 5 of them are fighting back while the others are simply standing, or once the first 5 die, you'd start seeing the others move which is kinda funny but nothing happens about it and it'll end up against you for accusing someone.
Or sometimes they even use low levels in lower maps such as gf-mw while the high levels are draining in higher maps.

Hardwell

Reaction score
Server
America_2
Main Char
ZEUS
Clan
SHADOWS
the KOS have 2 tries before DV capture the gate that's like 2 chances if they missed it its their fault :rolleyes:. I hope this idea can motivate people to upgrade their yield try to defend for 2 phases and close their "cycle" of map holding with DV capturing their gates and retrieving their "hard earned" effort of defending. Instead of just blindly map trading within minutes with basic gates to prevent opposition party from standing a chance to drain the gate.

DarkMyth.

Reaction score
Server
Europe_1
Main Char
DarkMyth.
Clan
Eternal Aces
the KOS have 2 tries before DV capture the gate that's like 2 chances if they missed it its their fault :rolleyes:. I hope this idea can motivate people to upgrade their yield try to defend for 2 phases and close their "cycle" of map holding with DV capturing their gates and retrieving their "hard earned" effort of defending. Instead of just blindly map trading within minutes with basic gates to prevent opposition party from standing a chance to drain the gate.
Your point hardly even stands, you're saying as soon as you make your site excellent DV will take it on the very next phase where's the reward in this? DV taking sites now depending on how long a clan holds a site is good and doesn't need changing, their reward is because they were able to defend it and not lose it, not because they only held it for 2 phases or whatsoever.

Hardwell

Reaction score
Server
America_2
Main Char
ZEUS
Clan
SHADOWS
Your point hardly even stands, you're saying as soon as you make your site excellent DV will take it on the very next phase where's the reward in this? DV taking sites now depending on how long a clan holds a site is good and doesn't need changing, their reward is because they were able to defend it and not lose it, not because they only held it for 2 phases or whatsoever.
Different server are getting different dynamics... Some server are keep gates basic and not upgrading... I'm suggesting for methods for them to upgrade yield. I think eu1 is very stable and could keep upgrading yield as there is 1 or few rebel forces. But for servers like mine which have fair-war style they keep their gates at basic... and war will end up with people map trading and conflict ends in like 20 mins.....

DarkMyth.

Reaction score
Server
Europe_1
Main Char
DarkMyth.
Clan
Eternal Aces
Different server are getting different dynamics... Some server are keep gates basic and not upgrading... I'm suggesting for methods for them to upgrade yield. I think eu1 is very stable and could keep upgrading yield as there is 1 or few rebel forces. But for servers like mine which have fair-war style they keep their gates at basic... and war will end up with people map trading and conflict ends in like 20 mins.....
The solution you're suggesting would only benefit YOUR server and not others, devs are looking for a universal solution

Hardwell

Reaction score
Server
America_2
Main Char
ZEUS
Clan
SHADOWS
The solution you're suggesting would only benefit YOUR server and not others, devs are looking for a universal solution
I hope devs can see dynamics for all server and make a decision from there :D

Queenie

Reaction score
Server
Europe_1
Main Char
- Goldilocks -
Clan
Beloved and Hated

you reminded me of the recovery implant... those were the days hahaha