What's new

Feedback Wanted: Site Conflict Adjustments (3.2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

itzmee

Reaction score
Server
Europe_1
Main Char
DinoKing
Clan
Fekete lovag
0 sense. You basically avoided the question.

You still cannot defend the Site against multiple passive Branchio with high drain point. Despite the defenders trying to down them. You kill one, they will kit.
I get it u never played the game. Using kit with will again get travel sick. What game are u even playing?

Pleiadian

Reaction score
Server
America_1
Main Char
Rembrandt.
Clan
-
Using kit with will again get travel sick
By the time you finish killing one, the previous ones you down, will be up and his travel sick effect will wear down. So there will always be 1 in the circle until you lose the Site.

I guess you're the only person right here since you're heavily defending the Branchio gameplay. And everyone talking against it is the wrong one.

Black.moon

Reaction score
Server
Asia_1
Main Char
-I- ProxoS -I-
Clan
Demolition Provision
The old update was better..

itzmee

Reaction score
Server
Europe_1
Main Char
DinoKing
Clan
Fekete lovag
By the time you finish killing one, the previous ones you down, will be up and his travel sick effect will wear down. So there will always be 1 in the circle until you lose the Site.

I guess you're the only person right here since you're heavily defending the Branchio gameplay. And everyone talking against it is the wrong one.
Bruh if 5 attackers focus one gate so then u shld have 5 or more real defenders to protect it. It's just plain n simple.
By the time someone kits and the travel sickness shld be enough time to kill it and if u don't it's not attackers fault or Dev's fault to make u guys kill it faster.
So basically u are asking to kill the attackers faster while defenders asking for quicker drain.
If u guys don't want quicker drain rate then u shldnt be asking for more updates on killing faster with entire alliance backing.

Hardwell

Reaction score
Server
America_2
Main Char
ZEUS
Clan
SHADOWS
@Highway , 1 more idea of dealing with passive tank drain just charging into site is creating a "loading bar" before you can drain the site :v 1717495793395.png. like this. This can help prevent boring passive afk drain when attacker just run in and drain.

DalekRaptor

Reaction score
Server
America_3
Main Char
DalekRaptor
Clan
Mesozoic Masters
Stability Attribute Readjustment
Currently the stablility implant is OP and almost completly nullifies affected status effects (Fear, confuse, stun)
  • Reduce the strength of Stability effect and change it that there is a chance that a stablity status effect is given to the user. (Similar to Weapon Reflectance attribute)
i think this is a bad idea. It would be even better if the effect is reduced to 2 seconds or half instead of luck. With the luck option, you will overpower the stuns and confusion as happened from 2017 to 2021 and mostly all will gonna use Showstopper and Anky.
Passive Extra Power Chargeing
  • Add passive extra power gain regeneration over time during combat
  • Remove extra power depletion outside of combat
  • Rage will also speed up passive extra power regenenration
  • Reduce the extra power gain through incoming damage to balance it in conjunction with the passive power gain
especially with this, the players outside the "clan vs clan fight" will be allowed to do perma stun to a player with "bad luck" for help their ally and that makes the adrenaline buff meaningless

Anonymous69

Reaction score
Server
America_1
Main Char
Anonymous
Clan
RenegadoS
@Highway @Alewx I would like to introduce an idea that might be reasonable a little bit, all this changes you mentioned are pretty good, but i think you could adjust one more thing related to the buff, the idea of the attackers and defenders buff is good overall but I believe it needs a little review, the changes you made about nerfing the stability implant might and might not solve the Brachi afk drainers issue, since it will be impossible to battle cry them outside the circle if they just sit in some corner near the gate, I think you should add a cooldown between each time the buff is activated, for both attackers and defenders, could be a 10 seconds cooldown or even 5, by that it will be pretty much balanced, even if they camp with brachis they would still take a good amount of damage.

Mania

Reaction score
Server
America_2
Main Char
-I- Mercy -I-
Clan
Peace Walkers
Ask ur members to focus on player? 5 attackers with brachu is ur problem? For us 30 defenders is a problem any solution?
3 level 55 players in my clan can attack 1 draining brachi who's just standing there in our building and healing and it still takes us several minutes. even with at least one of them on rex. if you don't have extra power it takes a long time because you can't apply bleed or burn or anything that would prevent healing.

Czarna

Reaction score
Server
Europe_4
Main Char
Czarna
Clan
- Eternal -
Stability Attribute Readjustment
Currently the stablility implant is OP and almost completly nullifies affected status effects (Fear, confuse, stun)
  • Reduce the strength of Stability effect and change it that there is a chance that a stablity status effect is given to the user. (Similar to Weapon Reflectance attribute)
A lot of players have been asking to bring back the old combat mechanics - this might be a change that they would appreciate. Personally I am not a fan of random effects and I would probably stop using that implant after this change (unless the chance for it's activation was really high).

As for it's effect on site combat - it would probably be the most impactful when trying to stop the Attackers/Defenders from reaching a site.

Passive Extra Power Chargeing
  • Add passive extra power gain regeneration over time during combat
  • Remove extra power depletion outside of combat
  • Rage will also speed up passive extra power regenenration
  • Reduce the extra power gain through incoming damage to balance it in conjunction with the passive power gain
Interesting. This also means more CC effects will take place between the sites. Stopping players from reaching a site multiple times in a row and draining it repeatedly will be a lot more doable.

The fear direction calculation will be improved as well so that the dino is able to flee into free space and not into the wall.
I apologise for the lazy drawing, but I just want to clarify. If a player is placed in a corner of the map and I use Battlecry on him, will he start running in my direction instead of towards the walls?

battlecry.png

Just like on this image. The Brachiosaurus is placed at Drywood, between the wall and the building - currently it would not be possible to move that player from that position using the Battlecry. Will he move in the direction of the red arrow after this change?

Again the adrenaline buffs are here to weaken allied clans that want to support the site owner (real defenders) of the site. Its to make it more clan vs clan. We know that it still not ideal between two clans are really competing for a site going against the site owner clan. But I think that is rarely the case, most often on ownerless buildings that are released from dinoville and for that we have a change that will resolve that. (No adrenaline buffs for sites without an owner)
Hard disagree on that. Let's not forget that multiple servers are practicing site exchanges between allies. So each ally clan is competing with all attacking clans on that server for the sites. The only reason we don't see that many fights between Attackers on those servers is that there are not enough players online for those fights to happen. For example: 30 sites open on a server, 15 ally members exchanging sites, 5 attackers. In that case, the first 20 sites (one for each player) would usually change their owner peacefully, while some fights may happen for the last 10. And unless one side can bring an overwhelming amount of players to that site, those 10 sites will be taken by the player with a higher drain rate.

Highway

Splitscreen Studios
Reaction score
I apologise for the lazy drawing, but I just want to clarify. If a player is placed in a corner of the map and I use Battlecry on him, will he start running in my direction instead of towards the walls?

battlecry.png

Just like on this image. The Brachiosaurus is placed at Drywood, between the wall and the building - currently it would not be possible to move that player from that position using the Battlecry. Will he move in the direction of the red arrow after this change?
Yes it will search for a free path to flee if the dino would otherwise would get stuck on the collision.

Queenie

Reaction score
Server
Europe_1
Main Char
- Goldilocks -
Clan
Beloved and Hated
No, it doesn't.

There are many locations where you BattleCry a player and that player can position himself in such a way, in front of an object and while the BattleCry effect is active and hits that player, they simply stay in the circle, because the object prevents them from walking out.

One example is at Hackett, and there are many more cases like that.

View attachment 47959
Maybe if the battlecry works they could be roared away through the gates? It is a dumb idea but it would work

itzmee

Reaction score
Server
Europe_1
Main Char
DinoKing
Clan
Fekete lovag
3 level 55 players in my clan can attack 1 draining brachi who's just standing there in our building and healing and it still takes us several minutes. even with at least one of them on rex. if you don't have extra power it takes a long time because you can't apply bleed or burn or anything that would prevent healing.
U need vio to kill. Buy it

itzmee

Reaction score
Server
Europe_1
Main Char
DinoKing
Clan
Fekete lovag
Yes it will search for a free path to flee if the dino would otherwise would get stuck on the collision.
20 members with rex is gonna use battle cry left n right and attackers gonna sweep all the directions

DarkMyth.

Reaction score
Server
Europe_1
Main Char
DarkMyth.
Clan
Aces
20 members with rex is gonna use battle cry left n right and attackers gonna sweep all the directions
Use your rex, it’s not just defenders who are having these changes there’s many options for an attacker as well

itzmee

Reaction score
Server
Europe_1
Main Char
DinoKing
Clan
Fekete lovag
we all have the 30 day vios. still takes ages.
My friend has shared where one carno( real defender managed to kill 2 players one with brachi and other on para.).
devs can u check how fight went at Parker this attack phase. Many instants defenders managed to kill brachi. Idk y'all crying about it.
Attackers manage to take one gate after several spawns why don't anyone understand? Taking one gate takes more than 5-6 minutes with fights + spawn + planning.

itzmee

Reaction score
Server
Europe_1
Main Char
DinoKing
Clan
Fekete lovag
My friend has shared where one carno( real defender managed to kill 2 players one with brachi and other on para.).
devs can u check how fight went at Parker this attack phase. Many instants defenders managed to kill brachi. Idk y'all crying about it.
Attackers manage to take one gate after several spawns why don't anyone understand? Taking one gate takes more than 5-6 minutes with fights + spawn + planning.
I would say Dev's shld actually watch the fights on real and then take decisions. How cheap tricks alliance does , and yet cry about losing gates and killing attackers on forum. Pretty sad

Mania

Reaction score
Server
America_2
Main Char
-I- Mercy -I-
Clan
Peace Walkers
if a clan doesn't already have gates, it takes a lot less time than that. so then it becomes a loop of the kos clan taking a gate, going to the next one, dying, and immediately respawning at the gate they just took so they can run right back while they have immunity from respawning. meanwhile, you have a lot less time to heal the gate (and you only heal for 20 points, keep in mind) so when the kos player gets back, their progress hasn't been set back by much. and if you're fighting a tank dino with stability you can't even delay their progress with scare.

several players from your server have mentioned that you are level 32. perhaps when you reach max level you will understand how much of a pain it is to kill a full level 55 tank build while trying to defend and heal your buildings.

itzmee

Reaction score
Server
Europe_1
Main Char
DinoKing
Clan
Fekete lovag
if a clan doesn't already have gates, it takes a lot less time than that. so then it becomes a loop of the kos clan taking a gate, going to the next one, dying, and immediately respawning at the gate they just took so they can run right back while they have immunity from respawning. meanwhile, you have a lot less time to heal the gate (and you only heal for 20 points, keep in mind) so when the kos player gets back, their progress hasn't been set back by much. and if you're fighting a tank dino with stability you can't even delay their progress with scare.

several players from your server have mentioned that you are level 32. perhaps when you reach max level you will understand how much of a pain it is to kill a full level 55 tank build while trying to defend and heal your buildings.
U do have ur allies members on the way to the camp u should also consider that as well. There where many instances where attackers managed to drain until 300 and then had it let it go because enormous amount of alliance players stand by the way.

itzmee

Reaction score
Server
Europe_1
Main Char
DinoKing
Clan
Fekete lovag

If u are considering a example consider all the points not just how attackers goes but how defender and alliance goes as well. That's when Dev's get both sides.

Mania

Reaction score
Server
America_2
Main Char
-I- Mercy -I-
Clan
Peace Walkers
U do have ur allies members on the way to the camp u should also consider that as well. There where many instances where attackers managed to drain until 300 and then had it let it go because enormous amount of alliance players stand by the way.
allies have to defend their own maps. even when allies do help each other, it takes forever to kill an afk brachi. 5+ people defending on building and it takes 2-3 minutes to kill a tank. and in that time, they drain a lot, and allies can barely heal their building. and then the kos comes right back and reverts any progress made. i've seen it happen several times over the past few weeks.

If u are considering a example consider all the points not just how attackers goes but how defender and alliance goes as well. That's when Dev's get both sides.
you have literally liked and supported several of my posts that were in favor of attackers...

itzmee

Reaction score
Server
Europe_1
Main Char
DinoKing
Clan
Fekete lovag
allies have to defend their own maps. even when allies do help each other, it takes forever to kill an afk brachi. 5+ people defending on building and it takes 2-3 minutes to kill a tank. and in that time, they drain a lot, and allies can barely heal their building. and then the kos comes right back and reverts any progress made. i've seen it happen several times over the past few weeks.

you have literally liked and supported several of my posts that were in favor of attackers...
Man so u lose gate = make attackers job more difficult?
Attackers can't get gate = again do some alterations?
Earlier it was possible to take whole map now only possible to take few gates like 5-6 maximum.
Tell me if same attacker managed to take the whole server like u guys? Obviously no. Then it's not a disadvantage for defenders.
Next there are some gates with 98 drain rate and then defender comes in rate rate goes too poor.
There are both instance where attackers managed to take gates I accept but there are many instances where defenders managed to keep the gate as well. And it's game place is balanced.
Probably Dev's shld do only real attacker vs real defender making alliance clans not even option to attack if the gate is red

itzmee

Reaction score
Server
Europe_1
Main Char
DinoKing
Clan
Fekete lovag
Probably I would say the drain rate shld be dynamic based on number of PPL attacking the gate that way it would be better for war. And yeah I have liked not because I'm attacker , because it made sense.

Mania

Reaction score
Server
America_2
Main Char
-I- Mercy -I-
Clan
Peace Walkers
Man so u lose gate = make attackers job more difficult?
Attackers can't get gate = again do some alterations?
Earlier it was possible to take whole map now only possible to take few gates like 5-6 maximum.
Tell me if same attacker managed to take the whole server like u guys? Obviously no. Then it's not a disadvantage for defenders.
Next there are some gates with 98 drain rate and then defender comes in rate rate goes too poor.
There are both instance where attackers managed to take gates I accept but there are many instances where defenders managed to keep the gate as well. And it's game place is balanced.
Probably Dev's shld do only real attacker vs real defender making alliance clans not even option to attack if the gate is red
when balancing games, it is important to take note of who has advantages for sure. up until now, defenders have had huge advantages against attackers. i have been kos on my server for years until recently. so don't accuse me of being biased or whatever.

but a big complaint right now is that pvp is minimal. attackers can just sit on their brachi and afk in the building and run back when they're killed. game balancing needs to take into account whether a mechanic is fair and whether a mechanic is fun. right now, being able to afk drain is... fair, i suppose, but is it fun? can you honestly sit there and tell me that yes, you like to spend your combat phase sitting on a tank and doing absolutely nothing?

game balancing is on ongoing thing. right now, attackers have a lot more advantages than they used to have. that is a very good thing! a kos player even stole rex a couple weeks ago. again, that's a good thing! however, it is not a good thing to have gameplay be so stale that the solution to fighting the alliance is to do nothing. that's bad gameplay and bad balancing. the game would be much more exciting if the more viable strategy was to actually fight for buildings.

don't get me wrong. tanks should not be nerfed into oblivion. they should still be viable. however, my main point is that you should have to fight and kill to take buildings, just like defenders should have to fight and kill to defend their buildings. otherwise, what is the point? as many people have said, right now it's just people exchanging buildings. highway has offered some good ideas into dealing with the issue of afk tanks. we will have to wait and see in real time how they effect things and if they offer any incentive to use other builds.

other people have also offered good ideas to further balance the divide between attacker and defender if you scroll back through the thread. my main point is not to give either side a big advantage - having been on both sides of the aisle, i would hate for one side to be clearly on top. you want the game to be fun for no matter who plays. right now, can you honestly with a straight face tell me that the game is fun for someone who sits and afks in their building to drain? can you tell me with a straight face that the game is fun for someone who, with a rex with a high damage build and vios, takes so long to kill the afk tank that at some point it just isn't worth the effort?

Mania

Reaction score
Server
America_2
Main Char
-I- Mercy -I-
Clan
Peace Walkers
Tough to use logic with someone who's purposefully illogical.

@Mania
true, but i'm moreso trying to get my point across for other people who might be reading and lurking in this thread, so they understand that the issue isn't necessarily one side having an advantage, but rather that it's simply not fun for either side.

itzmee

Reaction score
Server
Europe_1
Main Char
DinoKing
Clan
Fekete lovag
when balancing games, it is important to take note of who has advantages for sure. up until now, defenders have had huge advantages against attackers. i have been kos on my server for years until recently. so don't accuse me of being biased or whatever.

but a big complaint right now is that pvp is minimal. attackers can just sit on their brachi and afk in the building and run back when they're killed. game balancing needs to take into account whether a mechanic is fair and whether a mechanic is fun. right now, being able to afk drain is... fair, i suppose, but is it fun? can you honestly sit there and tell me that yes, you like to spend your combat phase sitting on a tank and doing absolutely nothing?

game balancing is on ongoing thing. right now, attackers have a lot more advantages than they used to have. that is a very good thing! a kos player even stole rex a couple weeks ago. again, that's a good thing! however, it is not a good thing to have gameplay be so stale that the solution to fighting the alliance is to do nothing. that's bad gameplay and bad balancing. the game would be much more exciting if the more viable strategy was to actually fight for buildings.

don't get me wrong. tanks should not be nerfed into oblivion. they should still be viable. however, my main point is that you should have to fight and kill to take buildings, just like defenders should have to fight and kill to defend their buildings. otherwise, what is the point? as many people have said, right now it's just people exchanging buildings. highway has offered some good ideas into dealing with the issue of afk tanks. we will have to wait and see in real time how they effect things and if they offer any incentive to use other builds.

other people have also offered good ideas to further balance the divide between attacker and defender if you scroll back through the thread. my main point is not to give either side a big advantage - having been on both sides of the aisle, i would hate for one side to be clearly on top. you want the game to be fun for no matter who plays. right now, can you honestly with a straight face tell me that the game is fun for someone who sits and afks in their building to drain? can you tell me with a straight face that the game is fun for someone who, with a rex with a high damage build and vios, takes so long to kill the afk tank that at some point it just isn't worth the effort?
The defenders are just way too many to die to count. That's the whole point im talking here. Idk what afk draining means? If no defenders is at site player shld attack what? If there is enemy ofc the players will fight.
Idk u are writing about not fighting for the gate. We fight too hard to get the gate.
The picture alliance is trying to make here is attackers getting gates too easy.
That's why I suggest Dev's to check every attack phase for atleast a week inorder to check if the facts are given on forum or pure lie.

Mania

Reaction score
Server
America_2
Main Char
-I- Mercy -I-
Clan
Peace Walkers
The defenders are just way too many to die to count. That's the whole point im talking here. Idk what afk draining means? If no defenders is at site player shld attack what? If there is enemy ofc the players will fight.
Idk u are writing about not fighting for the gate. We fight too hard to get the gate.
The picture alliance is trying to make here is attackers getting gates too easy.
That's why I suggest Dev's to check every attack phase for atleast a week inorder to check if the facts are given on forum or pure lie.
i don't think you're really reading what i'm saying.

by afk draining, as other people have said in this thread, i mean that people will use a full tank build and just stand in the building's circle and drain. they don't fight back. they use their heal. they just stand there passively draining while the defenders try to kill them. and without extra power, this takes ages. you can't bleed them. you can't stun them. you can't burn them. nothing. it doesn't matter how many defenders or allies show up. they just won't fight back because it's better to stall with healing.

i didn't say it was easy. but it's not fun for either side to have this be the most currently viable strategy. you can kill them, sure, but by the time you do your gate will be really low and the healing right is negated by enemies immediately showing back up. it doesn't happen all the time, but it happens often enough that it makes the combat phase frustrating in a way that isn't fun or satisfying.

i also don't appreciate that you would imply i would lie about this. as i've said, i have been on both sides of the conflict, and i strongly believe it's important for balancing and the health of the game for both sides to be fun and for both sides to be viable to reap the rewards of conflict. right now, both sides can take buildings and win elections. however, it is not fun to be the guy afk in the draining circle or the guy taking 5 minutes to kill a tank that does nothing but heal.

DarkMyth.

Reaction score
Server
Europe_1
Main Char
DarkMyth.
Clan
Aces
Tough to use logic with someone who's purposefully illogical.

@Mania
More like someone who got banned on their original forum account due to their toxicity and had to a create a new one, nonsense suggestions as usual wanting buffs only for themselves not caring about anything else generally

Status
Not open for further replies.