What's new

Feedback Wanted: Site Conflict Adjustments (3.2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mania

Reaction score
Server
America_2
Main Char
-I- Mercy -I-
Clan
Peace Walkers
OP implant,
needs adjustment = fact
i didn't say that i disagreed, i'm just saying. that's a big adjustment and it will be a lot less useful than it is right now. which... is basically how it was like 5 years ago lmao. nobody used it at all.

Sunshine..

Reaction score
Server
America_2
Main Char
..Nuclear..
Clan
No Clan
i didn't say that i disagreed, i'm just saying. that's a big adjustment and it will be a lot less useful than it is right now. which... is basically how it was like 5 years ago lmao. nobody used it at all.
Would you rather have some chance of being immune to screams and stuns or no chance at all? I think the answer is quite obvious.

yes it will still be useful

Mania

Reaction score
Server
America_2
Main Char
-I- Mercy -I-
Clan
Peace Walkers
Would you rather have some chance of being immune to screams and stuns or no chance at all? I think the answer is quite obvious.

yes it will still be useful
again... i didn't say that i disagreed. but it would have made more sense to have stability reduce the amount of time you're affected rather than negating the effect altogether. it may be useful with a chance of it activating, but as others have pointed out it will make hunting more of a pain since enemies will be able to stun, confuse, and scare more efficiently than they do right now.

Luka Patajac

Reaction score
Server
Europe_1
Main Char
Valmort
Clan
Extra Power
Nah chances will b too low for players to bother and tanks still need to be killed before they get back in circle even if you manage to scare them away with battlecry.

Sunshine..

Reaction score
Server
America_2
Main Char
..Nuclear..
Clan
No Clan
again... i didn't say that i disagreed. but it would have made more sense to have stability reduce the amount of time you're affected rather than negating the effect altogether. it may be useful with a chance of it activating, but as others have pointed out it will make hunting more of a pain since enemies will be able to stun, confuse, and scare more efficiently than they do right now.
always be hit by negative effects with a shorter duration of time or have a chance of being 100% immune for a few seconds... I don't know xD

Mania

Reaction score
Server
America_2
Main Char
-I- Mercy -I-
Clan
Peace Walkers
always be hit by negative effects with a shorter duration of time or have a chance of being 100% immune for a few seconds... I don't know xD
it's better to take the guaranteed option than play the lottery with your life in pvp tbh.

S4TW

Reaction score
Server
Europe_2
Main Char
-J- S I N N E R -J-
Clan
NIGHTWALKERS
And to be able to kill mobs is it necessary to have an OP implant available in the game?💀
Imagine a scenario where you're hunting rex/rex bandits and one randomly pushes you into a group of alphas for example

Sunshine..

Reaction score
Server
America_2
Main Char
..Nuclear..
Clan
No Clan
it's better to take the guaranteed option than play the lottery with your life in pvp tbh.
interesting.

but if there are 2 players with stun and scream abilities, they will keep pushing and stunning you in succession xD

even more so now that you can choose which skill to use extra power in

Mania

Reaction score
Server
America_2
Main Char
-I- Mercy -I-
Clan
Peace Walkers
interesting.

but if there are 2 players with stun and scream abilities, they will keep pushing and stunning you in succession xD

even more so now that you can choose which skill to use extra power in
scream and stun skills will have a longer cooldown when used with extra power. plus if stability nerfs how long you are screamed and stunned for, there is more than enough time guaranteed to react... rather than sitting there and hoping you will have 100% immunity. it's a better strategy to know what you will have available rather than hoping for a proc. rng is not your friend at the best of times.

Pleiadian

Reaction score
Server
America_1
Main Char
Rembrandt.
Clan
-
What do you think? Will it help to improve the issue with passive drains and makes the pvp fights more?
An unwarranted result will occur because of those new additions about Extra Power.

Let's suppose this scenario.

One attacker clan with multiple Branchio members.

Now you add the new said features about Extra Power.

Attackers will not drain passively, but instead they will fight for it. Okay, now nobody will say anything against battle being too short.

But if an attacker clan with no building, having a high drain rates, are all using Branchio, then I can still hear the complaints about branchio being unfairly OP in some ways.

And defenders cannot heal very quickly despite having a small difference between the number of sites these 2 clan holds.

I'm just pointing that, while these changes looks very good on the first read, attackers will also be able to use them. And we shouldn't forget about Recovery Kits.

If I were attacker, I would get all my member on Branchio with damage set and kits. With this setup, there's a high possibility of taking 5-6 Site per phase while the defenders would still be trying to drain our HP over and over while we use recovery kit.

I think that the problem will still be present and Tank will again be the topic of discussion.

Hardwell

Reaction score
Server
America_2
Main Char
ZEUS
Clan
SHADOWS
Could we have drain mechanics where you need to "load the buffering bar" before drain value kicks in. By clicking on the tower and click "drain button". With these defender have chance to disrupt the drainer by 'aborting their action' and prevent them from draining however if attacker is near the site the will still get attacker buff....

As a little nerf on the attackers.....

Reaction score
Server
Asia_1
Main Char
PIGROTY
Clan
-E V O L U T I O N-
Hi, I'm very worried about where the updates are headed to, the War aspect of the game has really downgraded from where it was, I've already told this before, but the recent updates have made the game too restrictive with things like fixed site conflict phase timings. The wars have lost their title to be called as wars now as there is almost no PvP happening to claim these sites. The thrill of war is to fight for what we want with opponents along with our clanmates and allies but all that is happening now is, alliances breaking up into small clans and draining gates alone. Everyone is focused on taking over a site in just few mins, what are we fighting for? losing our DD, efforts and time for a handful of medals. The game is losing its lustre. Consider all these things, Old Dino Storm was better. the updates have a few good features like boosters but stop destroying the fun of wars. Revert some things that were already at their best, Im from the Asia server, every single player here dislikes what the updates have done to the Dino Storm we once loved. I hope this reaches you, alot of players have already left.

S4TW

Reaction score
Server
Europe_2
Main Char
-J- S I N N E R -J-
Clan
NIGHTWALKERS
An unwarranted result will occur because of those new additions about Extra Power.

Let's suppose this scenario.

One attacker clan with multiple Branchio members.

Now you add the new said features about Extra Power.

Attackers will not drain passively, but instead they will fight for it. Okay, now nobody will say anything against battle being too short.

But if an attacker clan with no building, having a high drain rates, are all using Branchio, then I can still hear the complaints about branchio being unfairly OP in some ways.

And defenders cannot heal very quickly despite having a small difference between the number of sites these 2 clan holds.

I'm just pointing that, while these changes looks very good on the first read, attackers will also be able to use them. And we shouldn't forget about Recovery Kits.

If I were attacker, I would get all my member on Branchio with damage set and kits. With this setup, there's a high possibility of taking 5-6 Site per phase while the defenders would still be trying to drain our HP over and over while we use recovery kit.

I think that the problem will still be present and Tank will again be the topic of discussion.
Tbh it would be hard to disagree with you this time. The issue is and still will be present and the worst part is that our devs are far from solving it, focused on making the game good for the attackers, and completely neglecting the others.

And I sometimes feel like all the feedback that we're giving here is going to vain, because they promise us to fix what they messed up, but then again they come up with worse ideas, even tho we give them some good solutions here as we are suppossed to do in the feedback.

They lowkey made it impossible for anyone to hold gates nowdays.. Buffed brachio knowing well it was an issue before it got the buff, then adding attacker, defender buff and even tho I know what the goal was, they're forgetting one simple thing. Attackers work in alliances too.

In my opinion nothing except the ''Extra Power'' part is making any sense in here, because it's not gonna help us out at all especially as you and few others pointed out already, enemies can hide in the places where you won't be able to battle cry them out of the circle + let's not forget not every defender owns a rex to do so.

However I just feel as when we tell them what they should change because it doesn't suit us, they do exactly what was already our issue but x10 harder to completely push us into the ground for some reason.

Pleiadian

Reaction score
Server
America_1
Main Char
Rembrandt.
Clan
-
Those new additions about Extra Power are too good to ignore. Especially the manually activated skills. That's a good proposal. It gives the player more control of the skills in the battle. And it could be very engaging. This idea itself can have many possibilities in the future. If it ends up being implemented in a way that engages the player in PvP, then more ideas based on it can be introduced. (The idea of giving players more control was brought up during the 2021 balance update)

I think a proper solution to the current problem with the tank class would be a series of changes.
  1. Implement the proposed features by highway regarding the extra power effect. This will make the combat more engaging for both sides.

2. If the problem persists (if the attackers are stuck with only tank class), implement the Dynamic drains (maybe repair also) based on the Dino class.

Pleiadian

Reaction score
Server
America_1
Main Char
Rembrandt.
Clan
-
Dinostorm should be very hardcore and unforgiving with PvP.

Bring back the ability to loot another player when I successfully kill them. Let them drop their valuables on the ground, whoever is the winner, obtains the other player's loot. The game has become too soft towards PvP, that's one factor that leads to it being dull and not worthy of lifting a finger.

Back in 2015, the vibe and theme of the game were very outlaw. Any random could do anything he wants without any repercussions from a large entity (alliance)

This is very well put.

Now based on that example, it is showing to everyone that it is more beneficial to be together, in an alliance, rather than being alone, always attacking for small amount of fame.

It basically boils down to, with the alliance, you make more fame, winning more elections, while if you're attacking solo, you're making petty fame.
Give me incentives to go out of my way and kill a random. That's how we bring a little chaos and not make everyone form peaceful alliances.

Hardwell

Reaction score
Server
America_2
Main Char
ZEUS
Clan
SHADOWS
What would be some idea for good loot xD?

Highway

Splitscreen Studios
Reaction score
I see the idea, but in many instances that I've encountered, the enemy Tank would position itself in such a way that there is no way to Battlecry them outside of the Site radius. Either they are intentionally placed in front of an object and when we battlecry them, they stay in the circle.
The fear direction calculation will be improved as well so that the dino is able to flee into free space and not into the wall.

You have mentioned that it will work similarly to Reflections attributes, based on probability, we all know how rarely they activates.
Yes that must be balanced and tested properly to stay usefull. Its possible that we just simply reduce the effects of stability overall without going the change/stability buff route. But we want try it first this way as it allows that the enemy can react on the stability buff and that sometimes the status effects are fully applied to have some little unpredicability for these very strong buffs.

We are also aware that it will also affect PVE. But it is required as stability is currently simply not just reducing the effects of the status effects, its completly eleminating them.

I cannot help but notice that again and again, we're seeing the re-introduction of features that were removed for no reason. Stability attributes being nerfed? That gives me the impression we might see PvP like in the old states, when Stability was not commonly used, pre-2020 times. Extra Power charging passively? we all remember that.
It was removed because it was OP and favoring Damage dealers before as it was applied based on damage output. The new passive extra power will be based on combat time only and it will not discharge outside of combat. This allows to charge it up to strike your first attack with extra power paired with the option to manually trigger skills with extra power or without.

-How exactly does that help us again brachios with full tank set + the buff you gave them not so long ago, not to mention the overpowered drain rate and downpowered heal rate compared to the drain one?:unsure:
Again the adrenaline buffs are here to weaken allied clans that want to support the site owner (real defenders) of the site. Its to make it more clan vs clan. We know that it still not ideal between two clans are really competing for a site going against the site owner clan. But I think that is rarely the case, most often on ownerless buildings that are released from dinoville and for that we have a change that will resolve that. (No adrenaline buffs for sites without an owner)

...for example and when I battlecry them out of the circle they'll simply come back in before their buff goes away, however it would help if you brought an update that removes the buff the moment the attackers/defenders are out of the circle (not after few seconds but instantly) - in reference to changes with stability implant.
If you look closely on how the adrenaline buffs are applied you will see that with the right timing you can achieve what you propose.

By site without owner you refer to sites that are held and released by dv to be able to be claimed?
Yes sites released from dinoville will habe no owning clan. Then adrenaline buffs will not be given to the attackers.

Você abrirá um PTR para testarmos ?
Its possible that we open a PTR for the changes again.

Why was manual extra power skill usage created?
To allow more tactical controll of the extra power in combat. Especially paired with the extra power changes this will help to controll it better.

What would be some idea for good loot xD?
Gold items (fame) ? Nahh that will introduce trading. Lets keep on the topic :p

Hardwell

Reaction score
Server
America_2
Main Char
ZEUS
Clan
SHADOWS
@Highway, is it possible that the first person to click on attack gets the dynamic drain while rest of the drainer only get default drain of 80?

To create fair 1 clan vs 1 clan experience?

Highway

Splitscreen Studios
Reaction score
@Highway, is it possible that the first person to click on attack gets the dynamic drain while rest of the drainer only get default drain of 80?

To create fair 1 clan vs 1 clan experience?
No as this is easly expoitable with an fake attack from the ally. We have a few other ideas in the backlog. But we first want to adress the passive drain issue with tanks

Last edited:

S4TW

Reaction score
Server
Europe_2
Main Char
-J- S I N N E R -J-
Clan
NIGHTWALKERS
If you look closely on how the adrenaline buffs are applied you will see that with the right timing you can achieve what you propose.
I battlecry a tank out of the circle when the attacker's buff is nearly over, they're able to get back in before I manage to take down any reasonable amount of HP, there is no such thing as right timing to achieve killing them on time.

S4TW

Reaction score
Server
Europe_2
Main Char
-J- S I N N E R -J-
Clan
NIGHTWALKERS
@Highway If you made drain rate be based on the dino class as Pleiadian suggested above, and the stronger the dino is, the higher the drain rate is, the attackers would be forced to put up an actual fight while trying to take over a gate, as they would not be able to drain passively anymore.

itzmee

Reaction score
Server
Europe_1
Main Char
DinoKing
Clan
Fekete lovag
No as this is easly expoitable with an fake attack from the ally. We have a few other ideas in the backlog. But we first want to adress the passive dran issue with tanks
Everything alliance want is being provided.
1. No need of defend 24/7 , PPL complain about the war ending in 10 minutes but these are the PPL that only login during the attack hours and not play much during other phase.
2. The time taking for excellent buildings is still the same as before 3.6 minutes with dynamic rates , alliance complaining about no PvP are the PPL who doesn't want to fight defender vs attacker clan but defending alliance vs 1 attacker clan.
What ever you(Dev's) do in support of repairing , clans in alliance still will not repair it with its own members but still bring alliance clans info fight and then ask for fair fight.
3. Now doing something about brachi is literally so silly , there are many instances my clan members killed the brachi in amount 30 seconds(real defender) and ofc takes time to kill brachi of alliance clans(who is using buff) to defend the camp and that's the whole point there. Other alliance clans should not be able to kill the real attacker is the exact reason why the buff was introduced, or make it 10x less damage.
How can defenders expect fair fight when they literally call all alliance clans vs one attacking that? That's the whole point here.
I really don't have any problem in doing something about brachi but I really want the fake attackers not get the buff.
Let's say if two attackers are fighting each other with buff and then real defender comes in and the clans that kills the real defender continues to have the buff while the other fake attacker doesn't have. I'm just giving idea if there is better idea please push it on.
For PPL complaining about war ending in 10 minutes yesterday, basically aod has too many members on and not enough defenders and hence that's the result.
4. Irony is some guy was saying to replace the DDS with gold coins to create clan..? Ahem? Attackers using that is a problem? Started with defenders.

itzmee

Reaction score
Server
Europe_1
Main Char
DinoKing
Clan
Fekete lovag
1. No need of defend 24/7 , PPL complain about the war ending in 10 minutes but these are the PPL that only login during the attack hours and not play much during other phase.
2. The time taking for excellent buildings is still the same as before 3.6 minutes with dynamic rates , alliance complaining about no PvP are the PPL who doesn't want to fight defender vs attacker clan but defending alliance vs 1 attacker clan.
What ever you(Dev's) do in support of repairing , clans in alliance still will not repair it with its own members but still bring alliance clans info fight and then ask for fair fight.
3. Now doing something about brachi is literally so silly , there are many instances my clan members killed the brachi in amount 30 seconds(real defender) and ofc takes time to kill brachi of alliance clans(who is using buff) to defend the camp and that's the whole point there. Other alliance clans should not be able to kill the real attacker is the exact reason why the buff was introduced, or make it 10x less damage.
How can defenders expect fair fight when they literally call all alliance clans vs one attacking that? That's the whole point here.
I really don't have any problem in doing something about brachi but I really want the fake attackers not get the buff.
Let's say if two attackers are fighting each other with buff and then real defender comes in and the clans that kills the real defender continues to have the buff while the other fake attacker doesn't have. I'm just giving idea if there is better idea please push it on.
For PPL complaining about war ending in 10 minutes yesterday, basically aod has too many members on and not enough defenders and hence that's the result.
4. Irony is some guy was saying to replace the DDS with gold coins to create clan..? Ahem? Attackers using that is a problem? Started with defenders.
And now even the battle cry is also been changed in such a way players gets out anyhow.
Just tell me one thing , clans fighting for buildings focus more on trying to stay alive or give more fun to defenders? If fun is all needed then just fight real attacker vs real defender that would be fun for both attackers n defenders

S4TW

Reaction score
Server
Europe_2
Main Char
-J- S I N N E R -J-
Clan
NIGHTWALKERS
Fine, I'll record killing your clan next time, and how it takes ''30s'' to kill 3-5 tanks ^^

itzmee

Reaction score
Server
Europe_1
Main Char
DinoKing
Clan
Fekete lovag
Fine, I'll record killing your clan next time, and how it takes ''30s'' to kill 3-5 tanks ^^
Yep be real defender have ur clan members backing u , it's easy kill. Irony is we never complained defenders using brachi because we managed to kill it.
One member who wants to kill all brachi can't do anything lol.

itzmee

Reaction score
Server
Europe_1
Main Char
DinoKing
Clan
Fekete lovag
Yep be real defender have ur clan members backing u , it's easy kill. Irony is we never complained defenders using brachi because we managed to kill it.
One member who wants to kill all brachi can't do anything lol.
do u know how BAH smaller clan defends? There are only 2 players who defends its building ,
Basically one only repairs the building while BAH members fighting us with buff and alliance members fight us with buff and then complain about killing brachi.
Is it really one member is sufficient to protect the building? If attackers are 5 ppl using any dino so as defenders shld also call 5 members or more( owner clan) if they send 1 member to repair it's obviously attackers will win n take it.

Pleiadian

Reaction score
Server
America_1
Main Char
Rembrandt.
Clan
-
3. Now doing something about brachi is literally so silly , there are many instances my clan members killed the brachi in amount 30 seconds(real defender)
???????????????????????

How you do that? Show the rest of us here, how you end a Branchio in 30 second.

And let me add, attacking enemies are using defensive setup. (Agility, Shield, Armor, Vitality)

Factor in multiple Branchio with that setup that have no tower, they obtain a high drain rate.

Add, recovery kits.

Literally how you down them. If the defender clan is present in the site circle?

itzmee

Reaction score
Server
Europe_1
Main Char
DinoKing
Clan
Fekete lovag
???????????????????????

How you do that? Show the rest of us here, how you end a Branchio in 30 second.
Ask ur members to focus on player? 5 attackers with brachu is ur problem? For us 30 defenders is a problem any solution?

Pleiadian

Reaction score
Server
America_1
Main Char
Rembrandt.
Clan
-
Ask ur members to focus on player? 5 attackers with brachu is ur problem? For us 30 defenders is a problem any solution?
0 sense. You basically avoided the question.

You still cannot defend the Site against multiple passive Branchio with high drain point. Despite the defenders trying to down them. You kill one, they will kit.

Status
Not open for further replies.