jaxflames

Reaction score
Server
Europe_3
Main Char
x.Uncharted sailor.x
Clan
GhostDivision
We are thankful for all the incoming feedback, as it is both important and valuable for Dino Storm development. The suggestions you’ve sent us so far have shown us that our plans for adjusting the game’s maps would not really affect the root of the issues at hand, and therefore not have the effects desired by the community.
Although there are many different facets and perspectives to your feedback, most of you wrote about attacking and controlling sites in order to earn fame and ultimately be elected Sheriff in the town hall, which also provides access to the precious tyrannosaurus rex. However, the most obvious aspects in gameplay are not always the ones at the root of the problem, which is why we attempt to dig deeper and gain additional analytical data—from the game, testers and GMs alike. This way, we want to reach the core of the issue. Going from the observations we have made so far, we are not convinced that revising the game’s maps alone would improve gameplay enough to be satisfactory.

In the last few days we had been intensively discussing a number of design iterations and concepts—but the further we went and discussed possible solutions, the more it became obvious that we would actually need to think about changing the main gameplay path for unlocking T-Rex. We already had ideas for changing the endgame mechanics and concepts on our to-do list, and now we needed to figure out whether we will have to tackle these ideas before or after any potential map adjustments are made.

We condensed the list of issues and points that need to be addressed down to:
  • Server-spanning alliances misusing their influence, deciding who gets and doesn’t get the T-Rex
  • Stalling endgame as soon as T-Rex has been unlocked
  • Rather boring and predictable gameplay around sites (Travel Gates, Claims)

Let us know what you think, or if we are missing important key points! ;)

Edit: Link to Early concept
you can also add changing of the hunting style , which means high levels not being able to get double items as they reach the end level same goes for 54 and 53.

slejd2001

Reaction score
Server
Europe_3
Main Char
-R_3_V-3_N-A-N_T-
Clan
-I-Edgerunners-I-
you can also add changing of the hunting style , which means high levels not being able to get double items as they reach the end level same goes for 54 and 53.
somebody suggested in separate thread that there would be gel, which increases drop rate or something related with drop, which would be available to buy in new shop, but i dont remember how that user was named neither how thread was named ;d

OrionZG

Reaction score
Server
America_2
Main Char
WandersZ.
Clan
somebody suggested in separate thread that there would be gel, which increases drop rate or something related with drop, which would be available to buy in new shop, but i dont remember how that user was named neither how thread was named ;d
Now that we know that dinoville tokens will be a reality together with your store and exclusive items ... in this case, I want to suggest some ideas for items:

Suggestion for new items:
  • Spy item: Hire a spy that lets you know the amount of fame and which player is in the town hall.
  • Medium and Violent boosters (7 days).
  • Effective drop item: increases 50% drop any item from mobs / bandits. (1 and 7 days)
  • Less expenses item: decreases a 50% the amount required for a teleportation. (1 and 7 days)
  • Role-specific clothing pack: clothing and skins that focused on a specific role for your play style.
    All with quality 9 and with use of triforge + 50 cakes that suit the role:
    • Roles / play style:
      1. Brute Force: customization with full strength attributes.
      2. Support: 50% shock attributes and another 50% cold attributes.
      3. Runner: customization with full endurance attributes (speed).
      4. Full Tank: customization with full vitality attributes.
      5. etc.
  • Easy dollar item: Increase the dollar amount by 50% when you sell an item. (1 and 7 days)
  • "Easy buy" item: decreases the gemstones required by dinosaurs, weapons, implants and technologies by 35% (1 anda 7 days)
  • Item for your own skin customization.
  • "teleportation hack" Item: this object allows you to travel portals while having an outlaw or a duelist.
  • Easy missions item: decrease by 35% the progress to fill the mission bar of an npc.
  • Pets: simlodons, brontops, entelodonts. (These are not durable, once your pet dies it will not be able to revive).
  • Thief item: Allows players to steal a specified amount of fame. (only applicable 12 hours).
    • This little mechanic would only be when an alliance system is added, all this to make the robbery more exclusive for the enemies.
Some time ago I suggested some ideas of articles for the token store (celebrity store), this time I share the 2nd part:

• Multiple drop: your item drop rate increases with drop chance of x1, x2 ... x7 (1 day).
  • Catch Net: your dinosaur is trapped by a net visualized on the head (your dinosaur can't use his abilities for a specified period of time). To avoid abuse of this item, it will take a few minutes to use it again.
  • Recovery kit disabler: Your enemy cannot use the compact recovery kit for a specified time.
  • Beeper: With this item, you can locate your enemy for a certain time.
  • Rewards pack: Depending on the quality of the package, the rewards will be high and exclusivity.
  • Vitaly pack: both you and your allies, you can send them this life pack to recover on combat
  • Trap-mob: With this mob, you can catch/cheat your enemies when they attack the mob. The mob applies various long-lasting effects.
  • Teleportation disabler: your enemy will not be able to teleport for a specified time.
  • Backpack: capacity to carry more objects (you can buy backpacks with smaller and greater capacity for articles).
  • Weapons Skin: change the appearance or the firing color of your weapons. For example:
    • Burning Colt's jet of fire can be blue, purple etc.
  • Dinosaur Cosmetics: small accessories for your dinosaurs.
    • Mechanical parts, metal, plumage etc.

jaxflames

Reaction score
Server
Europe_3
Main Char
x.Uncharted sailor.x
Clan
GhostDivision
a
lot of people would need it and those who cant buy gold wouldn't have it , i don't see it as something fair

slejd2001

Reaction score
Server
Europe_3
Main Char
-R_3_V-3_N-A-N_T-
Clan
-I-Edgerunners-I-
a lot of people would need it and those who cant buy gold wouldn't have it , i don't see it as something fair
there is auction for supplies, then there are ~54 npcs in game with quests which can be done to get gc or events: sometimes easter and always dinoball gc rewards and buy supplies and rarely, but there is 1 supply in daily rewards

there is way to get supplies without purchasing gc

Mania

Reaction score
Server
America_2
Main Char
.X- Kyria -X.
Clan
Strike Force
there is auction for supplies, then there are ~54 npcs in game with quests which can be done to get gc or events: sometimes easter and always dinoball gc rewards and buy supplies and rarely, but there is 1 supply in daily rewards

there is way to get supplies without purchasing gc
doing npc quests for gold is inefficient and doesn't get you very much gold. it would take days of doing quests to have a decent amount of gold for gels, boosters, supply charges, etc. the events are only once a year and the gold you get isn't very much and doesn't last very long. you're more likely to get fireworks in the daily reward than you are to get anything useful. the auctions last for days and people raise the prices to ridiculous amounts when its only 5 charges for auction at once.

too much of this game is artificially locked behind gold coin purchases. you can do those things for supplies, but they are extremely inefficient and if someone just buys their gold coins then you're at a disadvantage because they didn't have to spend time working to get their gold and they can use large amounts instantly. this game does not need to be more pay to win than it already is.

xXGrowGuruXx

Reaction score
Server
Europe_3
Main Char
Alpha_Hunter
Clan
Falling Stars
your idea is just excuse to not lvl up and upgrade, but have same possibilities as those who lvl up and upgrade, you are just lazy to get stronger and want forever stay at your low lvl, thats not how it will ever be

haha so mutch bullshit xD

xXGrowGuruXx

Reaction score
Server
Europe_3
Main Char
Alpha_Hunter
Clan
Falling Stars
Lo de desbloquear el T-Rex desde ya deberían buscar otra forma; Es muy cierto que muchas alianzas de la gran mayoría de servidores controla a su conveniencia quien gana y quien no el cargo de Sheriff, es mas algunos hasta aprovechan su influencia y te venden el cargo de Sheriff, hasta fomentan el racismo, en un server del que me guardo el nombre del clan, solo los que eran Brasileños podían ganar cargo de Sheriff.
Cosas como esas hacen que un juego tan entretenido como este se vuelve aburrido, corrupto y que no te reconozcan como jugador si no por cuanto puedas dar o pagar por un cargo.

ye in past was brasilian the dominator from servers...now its arabs and turkyie...

many players lost the fun from game...you dont think that? look in facebook how many players would sell them accounts...you find all lvls from 35to55 in facebook...the game get down and the forum make it not bether

FwtisTz

Reaction score
Server
Europe_2
Main Char
Natsu_Dragneel
Clan
Legends
i really like this it would make the game so much better and everyone has the opportunity to play and grow on his own rather than begging like a child (please can i get rex now? , no my 20 friends didnt get rex yet haha wait 10 years looool)

vansh

Reaction score
Server
Asia_1
Main Char
.-W-H-A-L-E-S-.
Clan
dommy mommy hungry milkies
i just had an idea.
what if using rex battle cry with ep when you have a claw or strength implant equiped increased the duration of bleed by 3-5 seconds.
or if you use carno's carnage attack with ep when you have recovery implant on increased the duration of leech by 3-5 seconds.
what if having freeze tech on your gun could reduce the cooldown of your GUN abilities by 2-3 seconds.
what if having heat regulator imp on your dino could reduce the cooldown of your DINO abilities by 2-3 seconds.
of course it sounds broken to get +3 seconds on ability by having just a lvl 1 imp/tech so what if you had +1 sec for every 1000 relevant stats points.
up to devs

slejd2001

Reaction score
Server
Europe_3
Main Char
-R_3_V-3_N-A-N_T-
Clan
-I-Edgerunners-I-
what if using rex battle cry with ep when you have a claw or strength implant equiped increased the duration of bleed by 3-5 seconds.
(x)

or if you use carno's carnage attack with ep when you have recovery implant on increased the duration of leech by 3-5 seconds.
(x) carno recovers hp from 50% of done dmg, what works as well with claws while hitting additional targets

what if having freeze tech on your gun could reduce the cooldown of your GUN abilities by 2-3 seconds.
what if having heat regulator imp on your dino could reduce the cooldown of your DINO abilities by 2-3 seconds.
:unsure:if this would be a thing, then it should reduce by percentage, not static values

vansh

Reaction score
Server
Asia_1
Main Char
.-W-H-A-L-E-S-.
Clan
(x)

(x) carno recovers hp from 50% of done dmg, what works as well with claws while hitting additional targets

:unsure:if this would be a thing, then it should reduce by percentage, not static values
yeah thats why i added the part of 1000 stats points=??? seconds increase in time.

vansh

Reaction score
Server
Asia_1
Main Char
.-W-H-A-L-E-S-.
Clan
and yeah its up for discussion cause getting the buff for attribute points would be better
1627848509578.png

Mania

Reaction score
Server
America_2
Main Char
.X- Kyria -X.
Clan
Strike Force
i just had an idea.
of course it sounds broken to get +3 seconds on ability by having just a lvl 1 imp/tech so what if you had +1 sec for every 1000 relevant stats points.
up to devs
i actually really love the idea of having more synergy between your gear and skills, like different things work together in different ways. unfortunately something like that will probably never happen even though i feel like combat is still too simple as it is.

slejd2001

Reaction score
Server
Europe_3
Main Char
-R_3_V-3_N-A-N_T-
Clan
-I-Edgerunners-I-

slejd2001

Reaction score
Server
Europe_3
Main Char
-R_3_V-3_N-A-N_T-
Clan
-I-Edgerunners-I-
yeah thats why i added the part of 1000 stats points=??? seconds increase in time.
all attributes related with chance and decreasing something work in game in the way that every additional point is less worth, i think if devs would like to do what you suggest they would do it in balance update so ig it never gonna happen

vansh

Reaction score
Server
Asia_1
Main Char
.-W-H-A-L-E-S-.
Clan
lets say for every 500 armor points it makes brachi skill that give 20% defense last 1 second longer.
or for every 500 claw points it makes rex bleeding skill last 1 second longer.
this is what i am trying to say.
in an attempt to give the dinosaur a more SPECIALIZED sets of skills.

snnrk

Reaction score
Server
America_4
Main Char
_Sunork_
Clan
-
Hi news about the progress of the endgame update, I miss you 😔

pili145it

Reaction score
Server
America_2
Main Char
pili145i.
Clan
mario
We are thankful for all the incoming feedback, as it is both important and valuable for Dino Storm development. The suggestions you’ve sent us so far have shown us that our plans for adjusting the game’s maps would not really affect the root of the issues at hand, and therefore not have the effects desired by the community.
Although there are many different facets and perspectives to your feedback, most of you wrote about attacking and controlling sites in order to earn fame and ultimately be elected Sheriff in the town hall, which also provides access to the precious tyrannosaurus rex. However, the most obvious aspects in gameplay are not always the ones at the root of the problem, which is why we attempt to dig deeper and gain additional analytical data—from the game, testers and GMs alike. This way, we want to reach the core of the issue. Going from the observations we have made so far, we are not convinced that revising the game’s maps alone would improve gameplay enough to be satisfactory.

In the last few days we had been intensively discussing a number of design iterations and concepts—but the further we went and discussed possible solutions, the more it became obvious that we would actually need to think about changing the main gameplay path for unlocking T-Rex. We already had ideas for changing the endgame mechanics and concepts on our to-do list, and now we needed to figure out whether we will have to tackle these ideas before or after any potential map adjustments are made.

We condensed the list of issues and points that need to be addressed down to:
  • Server-spanning alliances misusing their influence, deciding who gets and doesn’t get the T-Rex
  • Stalling endgame as soon as T-Rex has been unlocked
  • Rather boring and predictable gameplay around sites (Travel Gates, Claims)

Let us know what you think, or if we are missing important key points! ;)

Edit: Link to Early concept

SirCoral

Reaction score
Server
America_1
Main Char
Sr.coralillo
Clan
-Apocalipsis-
We have been months without something related to the update

FwtisTz

Reaction score
Server
Europe_2
Main Char
Natsu_Dragneel
Clan
Legends

ikr i was really excited about the update but its a dead end from our perspective

Galaxy

Reaction score
Server
America_5
Main Char
Galax
Clan
No clan
I believe it is because they are focused on other things at the moment, analyze:

Pleiadian

Reaction score
Server
America_1
Main Char
Rembrandt.
Clan
-
I believe it is because they are focused on other things at the moment, analyze:
As always. Dinostorm being neglected.

slejd2001

Reaction score
Server
Europe_3
Main Char
-R_3_V-3_N-A-N_T-
Clan
-I-Edgerunners-I-

FwtisTz

Reaction score
Server
Europe_2
Main Char
Natsu_Dragneel
Clan
Legends
im not trying to be rude but who plays pirate galaxy lol

slejd2001

Reaction score
Server
Europe_3
Main Char
-R_3_V-3_N-A-N_T-
Clan
-I-Edgerunners-I-
im not trying to be rude but who plays pirate galaxy lol
ik few ppl who play ds and pg and if you check pg forum, you will see that its more active than ds forum and has more messages and threads, what means there is decent number of players

Status
Not open for further replies.