JHON JAIRO

Reaction score
Server
America_2
Main Char
Don Jairo
Clan
CLAN DESTINO
Your audience is dissatisfied with the current maps, and we also want a lot of additional things, just for the time being what would be most important and help us are maps.
The game itself is good and has great potential, it only sins in some aspects, we don’t want you to change all the current game mechanics, we want some details that wouldn’t affect anything for future updates or adding new features, we can live with always with maps with new paths, because the current format is horrible, the locomotion that was 2 minutes and now it is almost 10 minutes to reach the end of the map, even if we have teleportation, it totally takes away the fun of the game, I will spend a lot of money if you want, but don't be forced to do that, because it takes a long time to get from one point to another.
This is uncomfortable, even in a war, we want quick strategies, not just come and go.
And changing the maps is very important, I know that you are thinking about the future, that you don't want to keep changing the maps every year.
Only this will happen if you keep the current state of the maps, or just look for another audience, and you want older players to leave or get used to these maps, but it is not that simple, whoever stepped on the old maps, he is aware that the way they were, they were better, and not the current one, which follows only one path.
en vista de el jugador, no queremos estar dando tele trasportación a cada rato queremos explorar caminar el mapa los nuevos jugadores siempre van a querer ir mas haya de lo permitido en el mapa siempre van a querer explorar niveles mas adelante ayer cuando estaba dando suministro a los portales me encontré un nivel 40 ayudando a unos pks a explorar el mapa eso es lo que en realidad quiere uno por eso pienso que los mapas como el actual es un asco y pienso en ves de hacer un mapa con calles o recto porque no hacen un mapa que sea libre exploración,

a que me refiero: que sea un mapa totalmente abierto,
por ejemplo: Sin títuloss.png
a pesar que es un juego diferente pero, cuando me refiero a un mapa completamente libre es algo así, que el jugador tenga libertad de ir y venir a su gusto esto puede ser mas difícil pero pensándolo bien podrías hacer muchas cosas aqui

1 la casa puede mejorar por ser un espacio un poco mas amplio mas diverso y el jugador puede explorar de verdad y no ir recto

2) en un mapa así los jugadores podrán usar el rastrear de una manera distinta y no saber ya donde esta cada cosa sin usar el rastreador. le diera utilidad algo que hoy en día es inútil
( a claro antes en el año 2014 el rastreador era tan importante porque había cierta cantidad de personas que el rastreador se necesitaba para cazar y llegar a la presa primero, hoy en día simplemente ya sabes donde esta todo por lo lineal que es)
a no ser que en los nuevos mapas que ustedes están preparando se logre visualizar machos población lo que haría un poco mas intenso la caza

3 en guerra al no tener camino nadie sabrá por donde van y por donde le van a caer y eso es importante, para evitar que un jugador rastre a su amigo siendo enemigo deberían dar la opción de desactivar rastreador por jugador

4 para el rex, al tener un mapa amplio si entendí bien necesitas recolectar cosas especiales entre los 5 mapas con mapas abierto como este puede lograr esconder o los bichos de caza o no se como es, en todo el mapa con espacios así tienes libertad de ponerlo donde quieras

bueno para los que vengan a criticar esta idea es solo una idea mas una posibilidad mas para mejorar el juego no le quita la esencia porque seguirá siendo un juego de conquista y hay muchas cosas mas que se le podría aguerrir para mejorar el mapa solo fue una referencia a como podría ser un mapa totalmente abierto

slejd2001

Reaction score
Server
Europe_3
Main Char
-R_3_V-3_N-A-N_T-
Clan
-I-Edgerunners-I-
Your audience is dissatisfied with the current maps, and we also want a lot of additional things, just for the time being what would be most important and help us are maps.
The game itself is good and has great potential, it only sins in some aspects, we don’t want you to change all the current game mechanics, we want some details that wouldn’t affect anything for future updates or adding new features, we can live with always with maps with new paths, because the current format is horrible, the locomotion that was 2 minutes and now it is almost 10 minutes to reach the end of the map, even if we have teleportation, it totally takes away the fun of the game, I will spend a lot of money if you want, but don't be forced to do that, because it takes a long time to get from one point to another.
This is uncomfortable, even in a war, we want quick strategies, not just come and go.
And changing the maps is very important, I know that you are thinking about the future, that you don't want to keep changing the maps every year.
Only this will happen if you keep the current state of the maps, or just look for another audience, and you want older players to leave or get used to these maps, but it is not that simple, whoever stepped on the old maps, he is aware that the way they were, they were better, and not the current one, which follows only one path.
i'm fine that there will be new endgame and better devs do it first and then adjust maps to it, than change maps now (useless work) then make new endgame and change maps again, what @Highway said before i think

i see your reply as statement that almost if not all players want changed maps first and that it would be better, im just expressing opinion how i think it would be better

Targaryen

Reaction score
Server
Asia_1
Main Char
Lucas Apenaz
Clan
Yakuza
Sure it will take a while until its ready. Especially because we are a very small team working on not just dino storm. But we want to make sure that the time invested is the right one ;)
Opening vacancies for forum moderators would be a great option, as it would help with valid feedback and organization in the forum.

Ulutin

Reaction score
Server
Europe_4
Main Char
Ulutin
Clan
Kurultai
Sure it will take a while until its ready. Especially because we are a very small team working on not just dino storm. But we want to make sure that the time invested is the right one ;)
Well, this update (even as draft yet) seems biggest update deal on whole Dino Storm history, (of course after Triforge system) so we can wait. I am hell excited! (But make it as soon as possible, please!)

domadino

Reaction score
Server
America_2
Main Char
domadinos
Clan
No
Hey guys! I was reading what's going on here in the forum and I'm happy that there is a plan to open the routes on the maps again, so there is a little contribution made by me:

Red - New open routes
Purple - Removed spawn camps
Green - Added spawn camps
Pink - Added teleport gate

The pink points (teleport gates) are inspired by the current discussion: "If there is open routes again, why do we have teleport gates in every level zone on the map?". If that current model of teleport gate feels more "useless" for you guys with the open routes, then we should have respawn camps and teleport gates on separated buildings again, but the new teleport gates will work with dino dollars. On that example each map has 3 teleport gates: 1 more close on the beginnig of the map, 1 more close to the market and 1 more close to the end of the map.

There is another point in the discussion: "With the open roads on the map, low level playres can reach zones with higher levels, eventually dying". Part of a open map world RPG is exploring and assuming the risk on it, there is some learning curve on "I will explore and learn where is dangerous for me to walk by" (players still wanna explore on the maps right now without the open routes and eventually dying).

I know there is so many things to appear and that's why we don't need to literally do things exactly the same as the example, it's only a idea that for sure needs more discurssion around it, so it can become something that fits into the game.

Goldfields_Map.png

Mokon_Map.png

GV_Map.png

CV_Map.png

MM_Map.png

europe1

Reaction score
Server
Europe_1
Main Char
fuerte_loko
Clan
G U E R R A
When will changes be made to the new maps?

Xx EL LOBO xX

Reaction score
Server
America_1
Main Char
xxthewolfxx
Clan
_THE REVOLUTION_
Hey guys! I was reading what's going on here in the forum and I'm happy that there is a plan to open the routes on the maps again, so there is a little contribution made by me:

Red - New open routes
Purple - Removed spawn camps
Green - Added spawn camps
Pink - Added teleport gate

The pink points (teleport gates) are inspired by the current discussion: "If there is open routes again, why do we have teleport gates in every level zone on the map?". If that current model of teleport gate feels more "useless" for you guys with the open routes, then we should have respawn camps and teleport gates on separated buildings again, but the new teleport gates will work with dino dollars. On that example each map has 3 teleport gates: 1 more close on the beginnig of the map, 1 more close to the market and 1 more close to the end of the map.

There is another point in the discussion: "With the open roads on the map, low level playres can reach zones with higher levels, eventually dying". Part of a open map world RPG is exploring and assuming the risk on it, there is some learning curve on "I will explore and learn where is dangerous for me to walk by" (players still wanna explore on the maps right now without the open routes and eventually dying).

I know there is so many things to appear and that's why we don't need to literally do things exactly the same as the example, it's only a idea that for sure needs more discurssion around it, so it can become something that fits into the game.

View attachment 41696

View attachment 41697

View attachment 41698

View attachment 41699

View attachment 41700
I loved you maps, especially MMJ, i loved this big route!!

- Cause -

Reaction score
Server
Europe_1
Main Char
Eduard06
Clan
Albania
thus? I moved insley to the place you wanted, to remember the old map, and I think it looks good ☺ @SirCoral ,not counting redwood that I moved slightly upwards, so that it is more balanced in the distance, what did you think?

View attachment 41285
holy cow this could be epic. It would completely resolve the monotone map. I can see so many war tactics here. Please Splitscreen, ADD this. Bitte Splitscreen füge dieses neue map im spiel sonst bin ich traurig xD

Pleiadian

Reaction score
Server
America_1
Main Char
Rembrandt.
Clan
-
Assuming the route to go to another gate/ claim will be shorter. The times it takes for draining a gates from 100% to 0% should be quicker.

Or else, what's the point of draining when I will get killed by defenders in less than 3 minutes-- It takes ~8 minutes to drain a gates (probably more).

In current system, Defenders (clans which holds gates) have more advantages than Attackers-- specially when it's against big alliances.

If you're not part of a clan or big alliances that holds gates, then you're among the losers.

Current System = Zero Sum Game.

Ramazan-_-

Reaction score
Server
Europe_4
Main Char
- Remo -
Clan
- Resurrection -
I've been waiting for the game to change with a fun, tactical and binding update for months, I've been playing this game since 2014, I've never seen this game get this bad, people unhappy dissatisfied players now want change, don't ignore it! no one wants to quit this game i have been playing this game for 7 years i grew up with this game i don't want to quit , but this new update is forcing me to quit the game. Highway, do you know what people really want and want to help them?, change this update or not?. post this poll, share and reopen the PTR server, let's redo the game together, a better update a better series a better start.

XxSr.DinoxX

Reaction score
Server
America_5
Main Char
Haddock
Clan
xXLegion Of DeathXx

- Cause -

Reaction score
Server
Europe_1
Main Char
Eduard06
Clan
Albania
I've been waiting for the game to change with a fun, tactical and binding update for months, I've been playing this game since 2014, I've never seen this game get this bad, people unhappy dissatisfied players now want change, don't ignore it! no one wants to quit this game i have been playing this game for 7 years i grew up with this game i don't want to quit , but this new update is forcing me to quit the game. Highway, do you know what people really want and want to help them?, change this update or not?. post this poll, share and reopen the PTR server, let's redo the game together, a better update a better series a better start.
aged like milk under from inside daddys sock

XxSr.DinoxX

Reaction score
Server
America_5
Main Char
Haddock
Clan
xXLegion Of DeathXx
Time for some feedback round. :)

Here is the current plan for the goldfield map with its new shortcuts:
View attachment 41225
White = area a player can not walk on
Grey = new shortcuts
Colored areas & black = walkable area where each color is a level tier and black is clear from enemies.

What we wanted to achieve is that a player can traverse a level tier faster when using the new shortcuts. But we avoided to have shortcuts from one level tier to another as it would cause pathfinding issues guinding players trough highlevel terrain. etc.

What do you think about this plan for goldfields?

well I made this Layout, I was based on your previous Layout as the shape of this map is linear, many players don't agree, but now I think that after the idea and launch of the jump gates, these sections will have more use in duels, wars and hunting, as well as this filling of roads on this path in intestine shape.

Exemple:
Screenshot_20220814-230950-719.png

photoCollageMaker_20220814_211951075.png.png
I used gold mines as an example.(remembering, in my layout only 10 new white paths were added.)

I tried to do something similar to the layout you did, in this Layout above, only with some natural shortcuts missing to make room for the jump gates.

As seen below, the purposeful absence of natural shortcuts, which would give way to jump gates as well!

photoCollageMaker_20220814_211951075.png~2.jpg

Screenshot_20220814-231954-829.png

in both cases, there are no shortcuts to a high level region, that's where the jump gate functionality comes in!

Screenshot_20220814-233204-374.pngphotoCollageMaker_20220814_211951075.png~3.jpg
↑ These two specific shortcuts are the only ones that would serve to jump to a high level region, but they are unique and more complex to reach, so that's why until you reach them, the jump gates would be priority, and in fighters and wars, the two shortcuts would also be useful for cornering the enemy. in a way that both have utility on the map.

photoCollageMaker_20220814_211951075.png~4.jpg

↑ the other 8 shortcuts, are in a certain linear region, and still remain the same, but with some adjustments focused on more diverse types of attacks in wars, and hunting.

Some snippets were added as shortcuts due to the jump not reaching

This is my simple layout for gold mines, I was looking for a way to mix jump gates and future shortcuts.

Status
Not open for further replies.