slejd2001

Reaction score
Server
Europe_3
Main Char
-R_3_V-3_N-A-N_T-
Clan
-I-Edgerunners-I-
To avoid lower level players entering higher lvl areas (or to atleast warn them) I would agree with warning signs. Using my flawless photoshop skills, I quickly designed an example:
View attachment 41280
After reaching a high enough level, these signs might then disappear. These warning signs should be placed at every "non-official" or shortcut path which would instantly lead to a higher level. And yes I was going for a "hologram" look because I think it suits DinoStorm.
Feedback is welcome!
its nice

XxSr.DinoxX

Reaction score
Server
America_5
Main Char
Haddock
Clan
xXLegion Of DeathXx
it looks not bad, but redwood is too close to other towers so it should stay closer where it is and insley should be move closer to exit to dv.
thus? I moved insley to the place you wanted, to remember the old map, and I think it looks good ☺ @SirCoral ,not counting redwood that I moved slightly upwards, so that it is more balanced in the distance, what did you think?

PhotoGrid_Plus_1619041943615.jpg

slejd2001

Reaction score
Server
Europe_3
Main Char
-R_3_V-3_N-A-N_T-
Clan
-I-Edgerunners-I-
thus? I moved insley to the place you wanted, to remember the old map, and I think it looks good ☺ @SirCoral ,not counting redwood that I moved slightly upwards, so that it is more balanced in the distance, what did you think?

View attachment 41285
as for me tower's positions look good now if these presented routes would come to the game

SirCoral

Reaction score
Server
America_1
Main Char
Sr.coralillo
Clan
-Apocalipsis-

View attachment 41285
I like, but I'll show you what I would do in that area anyway

XxSr.DinoxX

Reaction score
Server
America_5
Main Char
Haddock
Clan
xXLegion Of DeathXx
@XxSr.DinoxX
In this way, each area has utility

View attachment 41286

There is a warning due to the abrupt level change
Oh, so taking Moore away would be nice, just like you showed, to balance the maps, I agree! Mixing your idea, and Sled's with mine, I think the result would look like this:
Screenshot_20210421-191806.png

what did you think?

slejd2001

Reaction score
Server
Europe_3
Main Char
-R_3_V-3_N-A-N_T-
Clan
-I-Edgerunners-I-
Oh, so taking Moore away would be nice, just like you showed, to balance the maps, I agree! Mixing your idea, and Sled's with mine, I think the result would look like this:
View attachment 41287

what did you think?
is it supposed to be that moore is gone? xd

snnrk

Reaction score
Server
America_4
Main Char
_Sunork_
Clan
-
@XxSr.DinoxX
In this way, each area has utility

View attachment 41286

There is a warning due to the abrupt level change
I don't know how the mechanism that calculates DD for travel works, but there could probably be a bug here, because if he used the distance in a straight line, the trip from Insley to Sheridan would be cheaper than traveling to Moore or Redwood.

SirCoral

Reaction score
Server
America_1
Main Char
Sr.coralillo
Clan
-Apocalipsis-
I don't know how the mechanism that calculates DD for travel works, but there could probably be a bug here, because if he used the distance in a straight line, the trip from Insley to Sheridan would be cheaper than traveling to Moore or Redwood.
It would continue to be used to revive and in wars, I don't see it as a problem

snnrk

Reaction score
Server
America_4
Main Char
_Sunork_
Clan
-

aurelio

Reaction score
Server
Europe_1
Main Char
DarkLife.
Clan
Shadow Entity
Right now the central question is "why the changes are wanted" for the current maps to begin with. Not how the map can be changed etc. We need your reason behind it why you dislike them in terms of gameplay. Some points would could gather from your input and so far got confirmation that thase might be the main issues.
If there are more it would be great to know them. ;)
The thing is all ppls gather also in maujak only in adition u could let us have only enteance mo teleportation and let ppls be to their maps so comunity can spread all over game not only in one map so their clan member will stay to their gates and entrances to protect as having a line just to come 1 time a year if someone atack or something just for sup doesnt make it something excitingly

aurelio

Reaction score
Server
Europe_1
Main Char
DarkLife.
Clan
Shadow Entity
Ok i already had the feeling that the feedback would be controversial and thats the reason because I wanted to involve you all early on before the hard work is done on the maps. Little changes here and there afterwards would be a very similar workload that we want to avoid.

Looks like we first need focus and to condense the feedback back and find out the "Why" the current maps that are live are disliked in general. This might result in a solution that is even better than reworking the maps.

Lets get started. ;)

What I could read out from your feedback so far:
  1. Travel Gates during war are not usable(for travel & respawn) when they are under attack (red icon) making it tedious to walk and plan attacks. (only applies when the user is engaged or outlaw)
    • During a war a single map has many red travel gates at the same time making walking the only option
  2. Possible Building attack routes are often only from two directions on a linear map with one gate per level tier.

Is there anything else why you dislike the current map and what issue it causes in gameplay?
Well more easy maps will bring more wars more fights and better experience bcz now ppls to fight need dd to teleport and whatever but with easy paths ppls will make better fights i guess and have more fun than just run a biggg big line that never ends or just use dd and make a fight crash between 2 clans and then again same instead of spread everywere in groups inside paths and make a fun map war instead of one side come from left and the other from right

Larigorpo

Reaction score
Server
America_3
Main Char
Larigorpo
Clan
Kings of Light
Glad you asked! We at America 3 are having gameplay problems on the last map. This one has a lot of lag and makes us die all the time. Maybe you could take that falling snow off to make the map more "clean". Or even change it in general, that all-white map is not at all attractive and is causing gameplay problems for many people. The other maps are cool and we play it easy, without any problem. I hope you fix the Maujak Mountains map. Thanks!!!

Last edited:

Alex-X

Reaction score
Server
America_3
Main Char
Alex-X
Clan
Infamous
I don't like it because it only has 2 roundtrip directions and wars are monotonous for those reasons
another because dollars are needed to revive and that prevents people from removing protection many times because they run out of money
They would have to put back the old maps with new appearances or textures and that dollars are not needed to resuscitate as before, so it would keep people killing each other everywhere wars every nothing like those times

slejd2001

Reaction score
Server
Europe_3
Main Char
-R_3_V-3_N-A-N_T-
Clan
-I-Edgerunners-I-
i think price for tp depends from order in what towers go by tier, like from insley and sheridan there 5 tiers difference and between redwood and moore only 1, so thats why its cheaper.

snnrk

Reaction score
Server
America_4
Main Char
_Sunork_
Clan
-
i think price for tp depends from order in what towers go by tier, like from insley and sheridan there 5 tiers difference and between redwood and moore only 1, so thats why its cheaper.
I understand, as I said there, I don't know if they use the level of the gate in relation to where you are or if they use the distance, if using the level everything is fine. It was just an observation.

rodgi

Reaction score
Server
Europe_4
Main Char
tranquilo y alegre
Clan
no tengo
me parece bastante buena una forma de meter atajos también seria atajos para el tipo de dino ya sea clase tanque ,atacante,todo terreno o tipo hit run como los tipos hit y run pueden saltar estaría bien el meter unos cuantos obstáculos y para un tipo atacante un posible obstáculos serian piedras con bastante vida que tenga que romper o algo así me parecería interesante para los atajos

Agusdim

Reaction score
Server
America_1
Main Char
Agusdim
Clan
The Revolution

JHON JAIRO

Reaction score
Server
America_2
Main Char
Don Jairo
Clan
CLAN DESTINO
this is already too much maze
así es que paga los mapas con muchas vías pero dudo que los desarrolladores lo hagan con muchas vías, pero eso es lo que queremos no muchas vias

Bysido

Reaction score
Server
Europe_1
Main Char
Bysido
Clan
Falcon
Travel gates during war cannot be used (for travel and respawn) while they are under attack (red icon), so walking and planning attacks is tiring. (only applies when the user is busy or outlawed) - this is the whole point of planning attacks -
During war, there are many red gates on the same map, so walking is the only option. -there are matrices-

It is good to make points on the map that are not accessible to mobs, where players can stand a without damage
+ additional markets. top and bottom of the map( or return the function when the market can be kept open )
+ Additional trails for maneuverability

toxicdeathxZZ

Reaction score
Server
America_1
Main Char
Petrified
Clan
Asylum
I believe the main problem to be a lack of options.

It simply walking forward or backwards, every fight is the same because of this. two sides smashing into each other.

Too much repetition.

Unlike before where you could have a few come from a side path to get a jump on enemy players while they are focusing on more healthy players.

MX Power

Reaction score
Server
Europe_1
Main Char
M X Power
Clan
Extra Power
Travel Gates during war are not usable(for travel & respawn) when they are under attack (red icon) making it tedious to walk and plan attacks. (only applies when the user is engaged or outlaw)
  • During a war a single map has many red travel gates at the same time making walking the only option
I do not view this as an issue, walking on itself should be fine. Buildings on Takeover status shouldn't be used or available for traveling and re-spawning.

Perhaps if you could make Teleport Matrix usable in case of Outlaw or Duelist Status for players, it would be much more helpful, and make good use of this premium item, since it is not helpful in combat and wars.

Possible Building attack routes are often only from two directions on a linear map with one gate per level tier.
More or less.

The idea is to be able to reach a specific travel gate or a claim without being blocked by enemies. Usually they stay at the two travel gates surrounding a travel gate or a claim, spawn-killing anyone who use one of these gates either by traveling to it or spawning in it, and as well as preventing anyone from reaching the target gate unless they go right through them.

Say the target is Gate B, there are two roads leading to it from two different directions and at the start of the two roads there are gates A & C.
  • Opponents will stay at Gates A & C.
  • Anyone who travel or spawn at Gates A or C will die
  • To reach Gate B, you have to be at Gates A or C first and face opponents standing there. (No way around)
The solution here is to have as much additional roads as possible to force opponents to cover more areas & block more routes if they hope to stop opponents from reaching Gate B, instead of just standing at one strategic point.

Is there anything else why you dislike the current map and what issue it causes in gameplay?
Being forced to waste your dino dollars on traveling as walking is not a real option due to the fact that maps are one way from start to finish like a long snake.

There should be strategic shortcuts that could skip minutes of walking. There are a lot of places were two roads on different zones and points almost meet but there is small obstacles stands in the way like a hill or a river. There should be mining man-made caves inside these hills and bridges above these rivers that helps crossing to the other side without having to walk all that long road.

These shortcuts will stop the first problem of having no other ways to travel when gates are red except walking because walking will be much easier and more economic option to consider.

MX Power

Reaction score
Server
Europe_1
Main Char
M X Power
Clan
Extra Power
Question for the case that all buildings on a map are red, are they all owned by the same single clan?
Not necessarily,

The issue is always the desperation of attackers. When they are overwhelmed by opponents who are spawn-killing them on every gate and traveling fast to the next gate wherever these attackers spawn, so the attackers have no choice but to attack the gate where the defenders are spawn-killing them to prevent them from traveling to the next location.

With more gates red, less options for attackers to re-spawn, and less areas for defenders to cover. Attackers get pressured more and more and keep doing the same mistake like they are shooting themselves in the foot. And that ends up with the whole map being under Takeover (Red), and not a single option for re-spawning except abandoning that map and give up or search for new target on a different map.

Pleiadian

Reaction score
Server
America_1
Main Char
Rembrandt.
Clan
-
Perhaps if you could make Teleport Matrix usable in case of Outlaw or Duelist Status for players, it would be much more helpful, and make good use of this premium item, since it is not helpful in combat and wars.
If players are allowed the use of Teleport Matrix during war, chances are that they would go in maze areas and wait till they are out of combat and escape the map. And I doubt that it would be fun to play with.

Additionally, I don't think that the Teleport Matrix itself was intended to be used in battle to avoid said scenarios.

Edit: I'd agree for a full rework of how the Teleport Matrix works if Devs are open to it.
Normally, I use this item to travel commonly from DinoVille to Maujak and back so that I can avoid the high DDS Cost. The rest of the time, it's not really useful because of the constant Duelist Status.

The solution here is to have as much additional roads as possible to force opponents to cover more areas & block more routes if they hope to stop opponents from reaching Gate B, instead of just standing at one strategic point.
:info:(/)

Last edited:

Larigorpo

Reaction score
Server
America_3
Main Char
Larigorpo
Clan
Kings of Light
Please repair or change the Maujak Mountains map, this map causes problems for many players (besides being ugly, unattractive at all), so much so that a war there would be impossible, since even to hunt it causes bugs. So much so that you can notice that no clan fights to dominate that map, there dominates those who can play without lag.

DalekRaptor

Reaction score
Server
America_3
Main Char
DalekRaptor
Clan
Mesozoic Masters
Please repair or change the Maujak Mountains map, this map causes problems for many players (besides being ugly, unattractive at all), so much so that a war there would be impossible, since even to hunt it causes bugs. So much so that you can notice that no clan fights to dominate that map, there dominates those who can play without lag.
I don't think the problems on Maujak are because the map itself because Coldclaw Valley when Maujak didn't existed also was a map with many problems with the lag. Perhaps this is because is the most populated map thing that also happened with CV on that time.

Andersonoliveira

Reaction score
Server
America_1
Main Char
-.JawFrey.-
Clan
Taxi Carrara
Hello, regarding why not like the maps in the way it is today: difficult mobility, especially in defense of ID, with more paths " shortcuts " from one zone to another ex: 25 - 28. It would greatly facilitate locomotion, but in some relative I saw some GM's and CM's mentioning that, " Level 25 for example can not climb a zone lv 29 " and the gameplay itself along with the balance that the gentlemen developed does not provide an lv25 to kill a lv28 mob as even a lv30 mob including veterans and alpha , therefore, say that the low lvs will suffer " difficulty in connecting a zone 25 directly to a 29 ", frankly!

The balance update itself provided a different gameplay and with the moas open, it would make life easier for those who upa, because honestly, it is not fun to be " walking in an anthill ", because that's what I and the other players feel about the maps, especially ... MK, Gf and GV.

Status
Not open for further replies.