NAM

Reaction score
Server
America_3
Main Char
..PrincessCarolyn..
Clan
-FrontLine-
Over 20 days with no questions answered... I don't know if they want to make a big surprise (without any kind of ''warning'') or it is disregard for the players. I mean, literally do not speak to us a single ''please wait a bit we're working on it'' and it's just soooooo disappointing cause I keep waiting, as do many players, but every day without answers I believe that many are discouraged and I hope the team is not discouraged too because since the last update last month (yes, almost 1 month ago) there have been bugs and instability in the game and it seems that you are giving up on game and us, what is really happening? We need to have our doubts resolved, I'm sorry.

toxicdeathxZZ

Reaction score
Server
America_1
Main Char
Petrified
Clan
Asylum
We always try to keep the community in the loop on what is going on during development. But sometimes its not easy when we just have negative things to bring on the table before they are fully evaluated on how to address them. The balancing thing really get our heads to spin and we where quite frustrated that it takes so long
Good things come to those who are patient. There is no way to tell what the devs are going through to get the game in shape for everyone. Try supporting them instead of antagonizing them :)

-Frigg-

Reaction score
Server
America_2
Main Char
I-.Mania.-I
Clan
-Olympos of Death-
sorry, but that's not really an excuse for radio silence for 3 weeks. its better to tell us they're working on it than just leave us in the dark. and not only that, they completely ignored the question of "what can we expect for guns, techs, and implants in the balance?" they've also ignored some bugs and changes they've made that have had a very negative impact on the game. a common complaint i see right now is the lag and constant crashing, as well as dinosaur and weaponskills not working like they should. so no, this is not a matter of "lol be patient guys." its a matter of "the devs are ignoring everything that's wrong with the game and keeping us in the dark about everything."

toxicdeathxZZ

Reaction score
Server
America_1
Main Char
Petrified
Clan
Asylum
No, expecting an update that changes every aspect of the game and then degrading them because they are "ignoring" the community is extremely drastic. Do you work? Do you give an update to your customers every step of the way? Do you give every sentence of your essay to your professor as its completed? Come on, they said updates would be given as sections are completed.

Try being more positive with the feedback, im sure they know about the lag, they already tried to fix mass server lag which caused other problems so they obviously know about them. Its not easy to fix these things, more so with a small team.

Expecting too much and being hostile will get you no where.

-Frigg-

Reaction score
Server
America_2
Main Char
I-.Mania.-I
Clan
-Olympos of Death-
again, that's literally not an excuse. look at the devs for any major mmorpg - final fantasy xiv, guild wars 2, world of warcraft. their devs give constant updates on what they're doing, what's going on, even if its maybe not anything major. they keep their playerbase in the know so that they know that the devs are aware of major bugs, lag, problems, etc. that is what i am talking about. we don't know what's going on. we don't know if they know about the issues with the skills (which seem to go hand-in-hand with lag issues) and we still don't know what to expect to come out of the update in regards to guns, imps, techs which i mentioned in my previous post.

no, i don't give an update every step of the way, nor would a professor see every sentence as its completed. but that's irrelevant, because that's not what i'm asking of the devs. go look at updates for games on steam. go look at the type of update logs that devs for major mmos write. that is what we should be getting on dinostorm. it is not asking too much. in fact, it is asking the bare minimum. people are leaving the game and it is dying because we have no idea when to expect the balance or even what's going on with it right now. is it too much to ask for a brief paragraph every now and then addressing concerns of the players as well as acknowledging current major bugs? no, its not, because thats what is done for every mmo i have ever played.

i am not being "hostile," i'm being realistic. dinostorm has been on a downward slope since about the beginning of 2018. many of the servers are dominated by a single alliance with very little to no opposition because the pvp doesn't work in a way that makes war fun or viable. and as i mentioned before, lots of people have been getting their rexes and then leaving the game because there's nothing to do after you win. no war, no "endgame" content. people are getting frustrated with the devs because there's no light at the end of the tunnel, nothing realistically to look forward to in terms of making the game fun and active again. the devs, the gms, the community manager, none of them have posted in this thread in weeks to offer some reassurance to people who still enjoy dinostorm. that is the problem. and nothing you can say will change that fact.

there needs to be clear, constant communication to reassure players that things are actually happening and their voices are being heard. otherwise, why play at all? why support the devs with their money when the devs don't appear to hear their thoughts or acknowledge the issues within the game?

Mercurio

Reaction score
Server
America_2
Main Char
xXBrenoGXx
Clan
-Bounty Hunters-
Good things come to those who are patient. There is no way to tell what the devs are going through to get the game in shape for everyone. Try supporting them instead of antagonizing them :)
we have been patient for years, and currently the game has reached a level of errors that is impossible to have fun for players who like PvP, because even for a small team, fixing bugs should take months or even years? I don't think so, as this seems a bit of negligence, because when they want to fix such things, they are very fast, as already said by a player in a comment above, if they had fixed the most absurd and obvious mistakes, the players would have more patience to wait for the big update.

toxicdeathxZZ

Reaction score
Server
America_1
Main Char
Petrified
Clan
Asylum
Comparing a AAA company with 100s of employees with specific jobs, like updating users cant not be compared to a small team.

Not to mention this is free to play while those games require a subscription to access over half the content.

In no way am i saying there shouldnt be updates but expecting them constantly is unacceptable from a small team, its going to take them longer to prepare things. This isnt fortnite with new items every week because they have the man power to do so. Im saying to give them the benefit of the doubt.

-Frigg-

Reaction score
Server
America_2
Main Char
I-.Mania.-I
Clan
-Olympos of Death-
we have been patient for years, and currently the game has reached a level of errors that is impossible to have fun for players who like PvP, because even for a small team, fixing bugs should take months or even years? I don't think so, as this seems a bit of negligence, because when they want to fix such things, they are very fast, as already said by a player in a comment above, if they had fixed the most absurd and obvious mistakes, the players would have more patience to wait for the big update.
Comparing a AAA company with 100s of employees with specific jobs, like updating users cant not be compared to a small team.

Not to mention this is free to play while those games require a subscription to access over half the content.

In no way am i saying there shouldnt be updates but expecting them constantly is unacceptable from a small team, its going to take them longer to prepare things. This isnt fortnite with new items every week because they have the man power to do so. Im saying to give them the benefit of the doubt.
i think mercurio made a good point to refute the "its a small team" thing. when there's something they WANT to fix, it gets done. and there's things that have been issues literally for years, like the lag and crashing, that they still haven't fixed. and its not an issue on the player end. its on the server end.

a small team isn't an excuse. look at successful indie games on steam like stardew valley. stardew valley's players get constant updates and news and its got one main developer. dinostorm also has a community manager. generally, the job of the community manager is to keep the community in the know of what's going on. i never see orrire posting in this thread or really on the forums at all. plus there are several gms, who i see posting on the forums but not on this thread.

i don't expect an update every day. its disingenuous to say that that's what i'm expecting. i just want an acknowledgement of issues like with the lag and the weapon/dino skills, and a brief outline of what we can look forward to with the balance in terms of the weapons, techs, and implants.

toxicdeathxZZ

Reaction score
Server
America_1
Main Char
Petrified
Clan
Asylum
Dont get me wrong - i agree with you - just think theres better ways to go about it. Yes the game has been neglected for the last 2 years but they do have 2 others that they have to work on. Now that ds is being worked on (2 years worth) those games are being neglected. Its a cycle and not much to do about it unfortunately. Better off supporting because happy devs means harder work and harder work means better results.

-Frigg-

Reaction score
Server
America_2
Main Char
I-.Mania.-I
Clan
-Olympos of Death-
supporting the devs goes hand in hand with them giving updates to the players. as i said before, its difficult to see that anything is actually getting done when we have problems that have been lingering for years and we don't have any news about what to expect. that is what i am saying. i am aware that it is a cycle but fixing things like lag take priority. if the devs want that support then they need to take the steps to fix the lack of communication.

Mercurio

Reaction score
Server
America_2
Main Char
xXBrenoGXx
Clan
-Bounty Hunters-
Dont get me wrong - i agree with you - just think theres better ways to go about it. Yes the game has been neglected for the last 2 years but they do have 2 others that they have to work on. Now that ds is being worked on (2 years worth) those games are being neglected. Its a cycle and not much to do about it unfortunately. Better off supporting because happy devs means harder work and harder work means better results.
well, if you visit the forum of the other game(PG), you will see that they are not being neglected at the moment, but the DS that is being neglected

toxicdeathxZZ

Reaction score
Server
America_1
Main Char
Petrified
Clan
Asylum
Last post from a dev in the PG forum dev shack was sep 2. Same as the last post from a dev here. I dont understand how its getting more attention?

toxicdeathxZZ

Reaction score
Server
America_1
Main Char
Petrified
Clan
Asylum
I said the PG dev shack, not the entire forum.

Try reading?

toxicdeathxZZ

Reaction score
Server
America_1
Main Char
Petrified
Clan
Asylum
Nit picking does nothing. We are talking about an update on the progress of the update on the game. Go look through this forum, like what was done with the PG forum and you will more than likely find the same results, if not i will retract my statements. :)

Mercurio

Reaction score
Server
America_2
Main Char
xXBrenoGXx
Clan
-Bounty Hunters-
I said the PG dev shack, not the entire forum.

Try reading?
And what is the difference? I think that who needs to read better is you, if you compare the 2 forums, you will see the difference, stop trying to defend what has no explanation, in the PG forum there are not so many messages from dissatisfied players as in the DS forum, what that means? Duuh

toxicdeathxZZ

Reaction score
Server
America_1
Main Char
Petrified
Clan
Asylum
in the PG forum there are not so many messages from dissatisfied players as in the DS forum, what that means? Duuh
It means they just had a large update for their game, will we still be complaining after the devs finish ours? I wont be.

BluePXL

Reaction score
Server
Europe_3
Main Char
Dazai
Clan
Stray Dogs
Yes guys please be patient. I mean if there are no news it probably means that the developers are actively working on a new update for us and are busy with making it work! As a game-designer and programmer myself I can tell you that it takes a lot of time to fix bugs (many of them at least). Even small bugs can make your head hurt. :LOL: There are many things that play a role in bug fixing, debugging isn't as easy as it sounds. And I'm pretty sure the developers do their best to deal with it as fast as possible. :)

-Frigg-

Reaction score
Server
America_2
Main Char
I-.Mania.-I
Clan
-Olympos of Death-
I dont understand how its getting more attention?
typer posted a screenshot of one of the devs' status from pirate galaxy, confirming that a large chunk of changes for their update is now live on their test server. that is a news update for pirate galaxy players, and confirmation that the devs are working on pirate galaxy updates rather than giving any form of news to dinostorm's playerbase. you asked for proof and that is your proof.

Thround

Reaction score
Hello everyone, and thanks to all people who remained patient so far.

We are currently working hard on solidifying Dinosaurs as how it was introduced here by our Developers and at the same time, we are debating our ideas for how to shape Weapons. We haven't reached a conclusive agreement so far about all what must be done, and how should they work and behave, but we are getting there eventually.

I'm currently using all my time as GM for being a tester, and I don't get tired of writing and debating for hours, just to make sure that update comes out for you as perfectly as possible.

If you want to speed up the process, please consider becoming a Tester. Thank you in advance.

NAM

Reaction score
Server
America_3
Main Char
..PrincessCarolyn..
Clan
-FrontLine-

We are currently working hard on solidifying Dinosaurs as how it was introduced here by our Developers and at the same time, we are debating our ideas for how to shape Weapons. We haven't reached a conclusive agreement so far about all what must be done, and how should they work and behave, but we are getting there eventually.

I'm currently using all my time as GM for being a tester, and I don't get tired of writing and debating for hours, just to make sure that update comes out for you as perfectly as possible.

If you want to speed up the process, please consider becoming a Tester. Thank you in advance.
This is what we (or I) wanted, at least one "hey we are here we do not abandon the game nor you" so thank you and keep the good work. Although sometimes some of us express themselves poorly, as you, we just want to see the game up again, as it was in the golden times, because we like the game. Thanks for your attention and good luck to everyone :)

NaY

Lead Game Master
Lead Game Master
Reaction score
Server
America_2
Main Char
-NaY-
Clan
GM Team
The Developers are working every day on this balance and as I already said a balance as big as this is not easy.

and about the errors that are presenting in the game
Please send your problem with F11 and screenshots of the error to support.

Pleiadian

Reaction score
Server
America_1
Main Char
Rembrandt.
Clan
-
It took you guys some people to have an argument on the forum so that you release that message.

Nonetheless, that should give some people peace of mind, for now, that the Devs are still working on that update, and that they are aware of the current issues of the game.

To the Devs and GM: Dinostorm players are having struggles with lag and constant crash issues. Maybe fix that asap before releasing anything?? Cause I don't want to wait till 2 years for a problem like that to be fixed.

OrionZG

Reaction score
Server
America_2
Main Char
WandersZ.
Clan
Hola amigos .... Con todo lo que esta pasando en la beta les mando mi apoyo emocional para que sigan en su trabajo, y espero que todo salga bien, aunque personalmente no estoy de acuerdo que nos dejen en visto por más de 3 semanas . Pero bueno .... como vi que mencionó el tema de las armas, decidí dar mis puntos de vista de cómo podrían ser de acuerdo a sus características (con roles jeje).:)

Especiales (Armas con variabilidad, este tipo de armas se benefician en sus poderes y cadencia, sin embargo, carecen de daño)

Gatling : Una de las armas más utilizadas en el juego, tanto su cadencia, quemadura, lentitud y confusión son muy esenciales, confusión y lentitud es su principal razón por la que es un arma especial y variable.

Antitanques (Armas con mucho daño, tienen la capacidad de dejar sin opciones o deshabilitar las defensas de cualquier tanque u oponente, son especiales en cuerpo a cuerpo)

Cortarrollos : Un arma con alto daño, su desventaja es su cadencia y ataque a distancias. El cortador de rollo es un arma capaz de enfrentarse a objetivos con alta o baja vida a distancias cortas, sus habilidades de parálisis con extra de energía drenando y poniendo como objetivos "objetivos fáciles" son las principales causas para que el arma sea liquidador de objetivos .

Martillo: Arma con buen daño y cadencia estándar, literalmente sus balas son misiles. Esta arma junto con la Colt Ardiente, carece de habilidad en un ataque, sin embargo, su daño múltiple de alcance medio lo compensa, su otra habilidad es ideal para objetivos pesados con armadura.

Soporte (armas de alcance medio que carecen de una capacidad de potencia adicional, sin embargo, sus ataques de corto alcance se benefician del soporte de disparo)

Yager : Un arma con daño medio y alto, tiene la capacidad de hacer daño a medio y corto alcance, su habilidad de vulnerabilidad permite que los enemigos se vean más afectados por el daño con habilidades de poder extra.
Frío ardiente: Arma con buena cadencia y poco daño, su ataque de llamas permite un tiempo de combustión prolongado para que los enemigos mueran al máximo.

Colt Ardiente: Arma con buena cadencia y poco daño, su ataque de llamas permite una quemadura de gran tiempo para que los enemigos mueran lo más pronto posible.

Francotiradores (son muy similares a los de apoyo, la diferencia de estos es hacer el mayor daño posible a los objetivos a largas distancias)

Pacificadora: Un arma especializada en distancia, su gran ventaja es su alto daño a distancias lejanas, gracias a esto junto a su capacidad de paralizar y enfocar, el Pacificador lo convierte en un arma de excelencia para enemigos lejanos.

Se que el propósito del equilibrio es que usemos armas y dinos por igual, pero no seria mala idea que aprovechas su "tipo de especialidad" aumente la posibilidad de victoria.
Bueno, esas fueron mis ideas, acepto opiniones XD

Last edited:

OrionZG

Reaction score
Server
America_2
Main Char
WandersZ.
Clan
English:

Hello friends .... With everything that is happening in the beta I send you my emotional support so that you continue in your work, and I hope everything goes well, although personally I do not agree that they leave us in sight for more than 3 weeks. But hey .... as I saw that you mentioned the issue of weapons, I decided to give my views of how they could be according to their characteristics (with roles hehe). :)

Specials (Weapons with variability, these types of weapons benefit in their powers and cadence, however, they lack damage)

Gatling
: One of the most used weapons in the game, both its cadence, burn, slowness and confusion are very essential, confusion and slowness is its main reason why it is a special and variable weapon.

Anti-tank (Weapons with a lot of damage, they have the ability to leave without options or disable the defenses of any tank or opponent, they are special in melee)

Showstopper:
A weapon with high damage, its disadvantage is its cadence and attack at distances. Showstopper is a weapon capable of attacking targets with high or low health at short ranges, its paralysis abilities with additional energy drain and targeting "easy targets" are the main causes for the weapon to be a target liquidator. .

Hammer: Weapon with good damage and standard cadence, literally its bullets are missiles. This weapon along with the Burning Colt, lacks ability in an attack, however its medium range multiple damage makes up for it, its other ability is ideal for heavy armored targets.

Support (mid-range weapons that lack additional power capacity, however their short-range attacks benefit from shooting support)

Yager
: A weapon with medium and high damage, it has the ability to do medium and short range damage, its vulnerability power allows enemies to be more affected by damage with extra power abilities.

Burning Colt: Weapon with good cadence and little damage, its flame attack allows it to burn for a long time so that enemies die as soon as possible.

Snipers (they are very similar to the support ones, the difference of these is doing as much damage as possible to the targets at long distances)

Peacemaker:
A weapon specialized in distance, its great advantage is its high damage at far distances, thanks to this, together with its ability to paralyze and focus, the Peacemaker makes it a weapon of excellence for distant enemies.

I know the purpose of the actualization is for us to use weapons and dinosaurs alike, but it wouldn't be a bad idea for them to take advantage of their "specialty type" to increase the chances of victory.

Well, those were my ideas, I accept opinions XD

Last edited:

Galaxy

Reaction score
Server
America_5
Main Char
Galax
Clan
No clan
English:

Hello friends .... With everything that is happening in the beta I send you my emotional support so that you continue in your work, and I hope everything goes well, although personally I do not agree that they leave us in sight for more than 3 weeks. But hey .... as I saw that you mentioned the issue of weapons, I decided to give my views of how they could be according to their characteristics (with roles hehe). :)

Specials (Weapons with variability, these types of weapons benefit in their powers and cadence, however, they lack damage)

Gatling
: One of the most used weapons in the game, both its cadence, burn, slowness and confusion are very essential, confusion and slowness is its main reason why it is a special and variable weapon.

Anti-tank (Weapons with a lot of damage, they have the ability to leave without options or disable the defenses of any tank or opponent, they are special in melee)

Showstopper:
A weapon with high damage, its disadvantage is its cadence and attack at distances. Showstopper is a weapon capable of attacking targets with high or low health at short ranges, its paralysis abilities with additional energy drain and targeting "easy targets" are the main causes for the weapon to be a target liquidator. .

Hammer: Weapon with good damage and standard cadence, literally its bullets are missiles. This weapon along with the Burning Colt, lacks ability in an attack, however its medium range multiple damage makes up for it, its other ability is ideal for heavy armored targets.

Support (mid-range weapons that lack additional power capacity, however their short-range attacks benefit from shooting support)

Yager
: A weapon with medium and high damage, it has the ability to do medium and short range damage, its vulnerability power allows enemies to be more affected by damage with extra power abilities.

Burning Colt: Weapon with good cadence and little damage, its flame attack allows it to burn for a long time so that enemies die as soon as possible.

Snipers (they are very similar to the support ones, the difference of these is doing as much damage as possible to the targets at long distances)

Peacemaker:
A weapon specialized in distance, its great advantage is its high damage at far distances, thanks to this, together with its ability to paralyze and focus, the Peacemaker makes it a weapon of excellence for distant enemies.

I know the purpose of the actualization is for us to use weapons and dinosaurs alike, but it wouldn't be a bad idea for them to take advantage of their "specialty type" to increase the chances of victory.

Well, those were my ideas, I accept opinions XD
I agree with your ideas, I just think that some weapons should have a rework in the extra power (hammer, pistol, peacemaker, both have extra powers that are useless).

well, as I read in the GM commentary, they are still debating what should be done with the weapons ... isn't it obvious what should be done? as stated in the comment above, each weapon must have its function as well as dinosaurs, right? obviously with damage and extra powers balanced so that no weapon is the only one used, as currently gatling is ...

if you(GMs, Testers, Deva) have doubts about what should be done, ask the players' opinion, make polls etc. don't wait for players to start criticizing or even fighting among themselves to give us news. Certainly developers are always very busy, but GMs also have access to the test server. I think they can also use just a few minutes of the day to give news about what’s going on when a player asks.

I wish you the best of luck and hope that the update arrives as soon as possible, as it is currently impossible to have fun with such an unbalanced and luck-based PvP. this update is the last hope for players who like pvp to have fun again.

.Shazam.

Reaction score
Server
America_2
Main Char
Miguel655
Clan
Sem clan
Vamos ter o evento junto com a atualização de balanceamento esse Mês ainda? kk
Ou só final do ano vamos ter o balanceamento xD

Alewx

Splitscreen Studios
Reaction score
Hello, other than usual, as Highway is on a well deserved vacation, it is upon me to provide some info about the progress we are making on the balancing.

We have characterized the weapons of the game similar to the dinos, into different classes to give them a kind of unique place and use in the game. With this apporach, each class would come with two included weapons. One more rapid firing but lower in damage, and a counterpart that is slower firing but dealing more damage. The goal here is again to provide the tools for every playstyle without giving any weapon a clear benefit that would set it above all the others:
Weapon role (Class)Description & Weapons
Close RangedWeapons that are mainly focused on playing their biggest advantage at close range and keeping the target at that range.

Weapons: Burning Colt & Showstopper
Far RangedBest use for these weapons is at a longer ranger to keep enemies at distance or to sneak onto them.

Weapons: Peacemaker & Yager Rifle
AllrounderThese weapons are somwhere in between the previous ones and can doeal with the middle ground.

Weapons: Hammer & Gatling

Now a glimpse from the things that are still Work in Progress (WiP). Each and every entry in the list has to be taken with a huge grain of salt, as things are still subject to change:
DinoSkillStatuseffect
AnkylosaurusGroundPunchStun
AnkylosaurusTailSmashRageUp
BrachiosaurusChestAttackAbsorb
BrachiosaurusGroundStompConfuse
CentrosaurusDashAttackVulnerable
CentrosaurusShieldAttackReflect
ParasaurolophusKickAttackDodge
ParasaurolophusTailWhipAttackRageDown
PachycephalosaurusDodgeAttackParalyze
PachycephalosaurusFlyingHeadButtEasytarget
CoelophysisJumpAttackDamageUp