What's new

Feedback Wanted: Site Conflict Adjustments (3.2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Luka Patajac

Reaction score
Server
Europe_1
Main Char
Valmort
Clan
Extra Power
They could place fences that do not allow access to the areas behind the doors, like in Scott, Miller or Hoskins, that would solve the problem of them entering the places only to drain. @Alewx
I feel chances of that becoming glitched tbh.

DarkMyth.

Reaction score
Server
Europe_1
Main Char
DarkMyth.
Clan
Aces
My concept calculation would still favor attackers that have nothing ;)
Idea would simply bring more balance and buy more time for a defender, yet motivate combat, I like the ideas you've been dropping recently might as well start working on it for the next PTR if not this one

Isabella16

Reaction score
Server
America_5
Main Char
- K a r o l -
Clan
-Gladiadores-
I feel chances of that becoming glitched tbh.
I don't think so, you would be forcing the attacker to defend himself against the defender, that would force him to fight and get away, not to drain afk, it's just a suggestion, nothing more.

Luka Patajac

Reaction score
Server
Europe_1
Main Char
Valmort
Clan
Extra Power
when i said glitched i meant us getting stuck on fence if we try to pass it by accident or get battlecried on it

itzmee

Reaction score
Server
Europe_1
Main Char
DinoKing
Clan
Fekete lovag
Damage Dealers -355
Hit & Run -319
Allrounder -301
Tank -284

When you attack a building of aclan taht has more than 6 buildings more than your own.

Next to that I also had the idea of a increased repairrate based on amount of defenders but not linear but rather deminishing return, so you increase the total repairrate with each defender but with each one it increases less.
Repair rate based on number of PPL is fine as when drain rate is also based on number of attackers inside the camp so it would make fair.
Because maybe then fake attackers wouldn't dare to attack the camp just to get the buff as it would get drained faster and it would also resolve one loophole here btw I'm just giving idea.

Hardwell

Reaction score
Server
America_2
Main Char
ZEUS
Clan
SHADOWS
Repair rate based on number of PPL is fine as when drain rate is also based on number of attackers inside the camp so it would make fair.
Because maybe then fake attackers wouldn't dare to attack the camp just to get the buff as it would get drained faster and it would also resolve one loophole here btw I'm just giving idea.
There is a threshold to the heal according no. Of defenders already tho...

Maggie Rhee

Reaction score
Server
Europe_1
Main Char
Maggie Rhee
Clan
Army of Darkness
With this new buff system makes it that you take less damage and cant be applied status by other alliance members,didnt that make it so the game is now attacking alliance vs 1 defending clan which wouldn'tt make it fair? Is there one way to balance this out or no

itzmee

Reaction score
Server
Europe_1
Main Char
DinoKing
Clan
Fekete lovag
With this new buff system makes it that you take less damage and cant be applied status by other alliance members,didnt that make it so the game is now attacking alliance vs 1 defending clan which wouldn'tt make it fair? Is there one way to balance this out or no
Ahh now stop trash talk and focus on new update.

NazzaFire

Reaction score
Server
Europe_2
Main Char
Male
Clan
Clanless
Damage Dealers -355
Hit & Run -319
Allrounder -301
Tank -284

When you attack a building of aclan taht has more than 6 buildings more than your own.

Next to that I also had the idea of a increased repairrate based on amount of defenders but not linear but rather deminishing return, so you increase the total repairrate with each defender but with each one it increases less.
If there needs to be more repair rate based on defenders then there should be more drain rate based on attackers. according to this update everyone will use gatling against tankers because this way they can abuse their extra power against the few attackers by using critic skill

S4TW

Reaction score
Server
Europe_2
Main Char
-J- S I N N E R -J-
Clan
NIGHTWALKERS
Changes are looking good, some sites need a little adjustments because then the fear effect won't make any difference there, and there's many sites which has tight corners

Personally I dislike this buff change because then 2 attacker clans competing for a site can't actually battle each other because neither is the site owner, yeah they will shoot each other with 2k dmg but that's leaving out the actual competition, unless these 2 attacking clans are allies then it's a different topic (and yes attackers have alliances as well) and before anyone says anything about eu1, no I don't talk about eu1 right now i'm an attacker on different servers so please, stop making me feel like I can't post anything here because I main eu1
*delete the lil houses*

TrollHectorBectorTroll

Reaction score
Server
Europe_4
Main Char
Devil
Clan
Zsidók
Whouldbe fair and good gameplay and then defenders have to fight and not waiting for their alliance

DarkMyth.

Reaction score
Server
Europe_1
Main Char
DarkMyth.
Clan
Aces
If there needs to be more repair rate based on defenders then there should be more drain rate based on attackers. according to this update everyone will use gatling against tankers because this way they can abuse their extra power against the few attackers by using critic skill
Drain rate is already way too high compared to the repair rate, and even a few more defenders came in site as Alewx said their rate won’t add up the same as the 1st defender so obviously it won’t be that high to double the drain speed for it, and if we do that we’d be back like nothing was changed anyways, point of it is to force battles and buy more time to kill the attackers

and if by any chance defenders aren’t present, their site will be lost, simple as that

TrollHectorBectorTroll

Reaction score
Server
Europe_4
Main Char
Devil
Clan
Zsidók
Drain rate is already way too high compared to the repair rate, and even a few more defenders came in site as Alewx said their rate won’t add up the same as the 1st defender so obviously it won’t be that high to double the drain speed for it, and if we do that we’d be back like nothing was changed anyways, point of it is to force battles and buy more time to kill the attackers

and if by any chance defenders aren’t present, their site will be lost, simple as that
Mabye defenders should protect their Gates

NazzaFire

Reaction score
Server
Europe_2
Main Char
Male
Clan
Clanless

I know but defenders can abuse too

Orochii

Reaction score
Server
America_3
Main Char
Reich Angel
Clan
AngelsNight
Since we now have this conflict phase system, it would be interesting to have something like clan registration (costing Clan Dino Dollars) to attack a map, similar to the conquest system in Pirate Galaxy. I personally don't like this idea, but it would reduce the influence of secondary clans that take advantage of not having zones to drain faster, allowing their main clan to retake the portal in the next phase.

PS: By secondary clans, I mean clans with 2 or 3 members who left their main clan to make portal switching more effective.

DarkMyth.

Reaction score
Server
Europe_1
Main Char
DarkMyth.
Clan
Aces
He probably refers to usage of gatling against tank dinosaurs
Yes but allies for example can’t use the EP on the attacker anymore, only the site owner, and the attacker also has the SAME powers as the defender, EP is ready and everything is ready, he simply needs to pull a fight, it goes the same on both ends unless I’m missing something

Czarna

Reaction score
Server
Europe_4
Main Char
Czarna
Clan
- Eternal -
This makes sense, this is what we should have been testing at the moment.

You've been throwing around some very good proposals lately, I think that through each of those ideas combined, the problem will be eventually solved.

It does start to make sense now.
I am a bit disappointed that when I proposed the same idea months ago it was ignored and deemed as "going back to pure power in numbers", but perhaps it has become more evident now why it could be a positive change. The drain rate for clans without any sites is quite high, so the defenders need to kill them quickly to have a chance at healing their site. But naturally when a large attacking group is present at the site, a lot more time is needed to fight and defeat all of them. It gives attackers an incentive to fight back, because otherwise more defenders may start arriving and joining the fight, slowing the draining even further. It also gives more strategic choices to defenders - should they concentrate their people on healing a site faster or spread out to defend/attack other sites. And most importantly - perhaps some defenders after seeing such a change would decide against the site swaps with their allies.

Luka Patajac

Reaction score
Server
Europe_1
Main Char
Valmort
Clan
Extra Power
Changes are looking good, some sites need a little adjustments because then the fear effect won't make any difference there, and there's many sites which has tight corners

Personally I dislike this buff change because then 2 attacker clans competing for a site can't actually battle each other because neither is the site owner, yeah they will shoot each other with 2k dmg but that's leaving out the actual competition, unless these 2 attacking clans are allies then it's a different topic (and yes attackers have alliances as well) and before anyone says anything about eu1, no I don't talk about eu1 right now i'm an attacker on different servers so please, stop making me feel like I can't post anything here because I main eu1
Buff is however meant to make this clan vs clan thing so that site holder is there defending their building instead of their allies.
I do agree that this way we don't see two attackers fighting against one another fairly due to them not being able to do as much dmg to each other like how they can do to defender but if that was removed whole purpose of buff would be nullified as allies would jump to help site holder once more unless there is a way for game to determine whom is ally of site holder with purpose to defend(and therefor is debuffed here) versus whom is possible other kos of site holder that wants to capture site for themselves(them having normal damage as they attack both defender and other attacking clan) but i don't see how would that be determined nor do i think that would truly work in dinostorm.

TrollHectorBectorTroll

Reaction score
Server
Europe_4
Main Char
Devil
Clan
Zsidók
In my option attacking hard on some servers and on some easy eu4 now good eu1 I see big clans hold only buldings and brachio can be killed in 10 sec and staby nerf Willbe good everyone can stun everyone and afk fight 😭 (I think every server need their update)

istencsaszar

Reaction score
Server
Europe_1
Main Char
Odin.
Clan
-
Yes but allies for example can’t use the EP on the attacker anymore, only the site owner, and the attacker also has the SAME powers as the defender, EP is ready and everything is ready, he simply needs to pull a fight, it goes the same on both ends unless I’m missing something
That's simply untrue, they will still click join attack to get the buff and be able to apply EP skills, then leave the circle once the real attackers are dead.

Last edited:

itzmee

Reaction score
Server
Europe_1
Main Char
DinoKing
Clan
Fekete lovag
Whouldbe fair and good gameplay and then defenders have to fight and not waiting for their alliance
Yep as the alliance only works against small clan and any war between current holding clans is purely clan vs clan and alliance doesn't do anything there.
So all the bragging about big war breaking is not at all possible and as already stated number of attackers are way lesser than number of defenders and nerfing brachi will only make the game play more worst.

DarkMyth.

Reaction score
Server
Europe_1
Main Char
DarkMyth.
Clan
Aces
That's simply untrue, they will still click join attack to get the buff and be able to apply EP skills, then leave the circle once the real attackers are dead.
Log on PTR before you assume how it works, you're entirely wrong

Luka Patajac

Reaction score
Server
Europe_1
Main Char
Valmort
Clan
Extra Power
EP based skill doesn't apply if you wanna hit another attacker with it only if you go for actual defender.

TrollHectorBectorTroll

Reaction score
Server
Europe_4
Main Char
Devil
Clan
Zsidók
To be fair with everyone let's make if there more attackers the drian rate incarese that Way the update works better

istencsaszar

Reaction score
Server
Europe_1
Main Char
Odin.
Clan
-
EP based skill doesn't apply if you wanna hit another attacker with it only if you go for actual defender.
I didn't get to chance to go into ptr yet, but that sounds good. I'd even go as far as suggesting that 2 players with an active attacker adrenaline rush should deal 6x less damage to each other instead of 4x.

This way alliance helpers could choose between being vulnerable and dealing more damage or being tanky and dealing less damage. It would further encourage the desired clan vs clan interactions.

Status
Not open for further replies.