What's new

Feedback Wanted: Site Conflict Adjustments (3.2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

DarkMyth.

Reaction score
Server
Europe_1
Main Char
DarkMyth.
Clan
Aces
But in such corners you cannot push the enemy out, the flee thing can't find a way out of it, and there's many corners like this one

1717753306637.png

DarkMyth.

Reaction score
Server
Europe_1
Main Char
DarkMyth.
Clan
Aces
Also 2 clans competing for one gate which is held by a different clan, they can't fight for it right? I mean technically they can, with the low damage and now they can't give ep to each other such as vulnerable, stun etc.

Luka Patajac

Reaction score
Server
Europe_1
Main Char
Valmort
Clan
Extra Power
Block status effect?

EDIT: ah you mean that with the adrenaline buff will prevent players without these buff to apply status effects to you.
yes that

Alewx

Splitscreen Studios
Reaction score
Also 2 clans competing for one gate which is held by a different clan, they can't fight for it right? I mean technically they can, with the low damage and now they can't give ep to each other such as vulnerable, stun etc.
EP is gained passive and not only by taking damage.
If both are using attacker adrenaline buff then the status effects should get triggered.

DarkMyth.

Reaction score
Server
Europe_1
Main Char
DarkMyth.
Clan
Aces
EP is gained passive and not only by taking damage.
Yes but 2 clans attacking one site competing for it, they can't give ep to each other because their buff isn't matching

Luka Patajac

Reaction score
Server
Europe_1
Main Char
Valmort
Clan
Extra Power
if mobs are near cant they just use them to gain ep?
i am aware not all builds have mobs near but for those who do have.

DarkMyth.

Reaction score
Server
Europe_1
Main Char
DarkMyth.
Clan
Aces
No issue in naming these spots in public, it just points out the problem in more detail.
So far i've tested it on Miller & Hoskins, both sites have a little house which players can sit behind and can't be pushed out1717753953122.png

DarkMyth.

Reaction score
Server
Europe_1
Main Char
DarkMyth.
Clan
Aces
if mobs are near cant they just use them to gain ep?
i am aware not all builds have mobs near but for those who do have.
No no even if you have EP, you will normally, you can't give the EP skill to an attacker if you're not the site owner, meaning if you're another attacker, EP won't work either only attacker vs site owner would work with EP

Nebulon Galaxus

Reaction score
Server
Europe_1
Main Char
Nebulon Galaxus
Clan
- Ascxnded -
Rex should actually be worth all the effort that people put in getting it first of all, because what is the point of getting a dino that can be killed by any other with no bigger effort in the first place? Because it looks cool?
ok this is a very bad take your forgeting that almost every large clan member already has it so calling it exclusive or just wanting it to be super strong is not good for the games balance i feel its strong enough many just dont know what the hell their doing with it and get wrecked despite having a powerful dino not to mention atleast in my case almost every enemy i ever faced was a rex user

Luka Patajac

Reaction score
Server
Europe_1
Main Char
Valmort
Clan
Extra Power
No no even if you have EP, you will normally, you can't give the EP skill to an attacker if you're not the site owner, meaning if you're another attacker, EP won't work either only attacker vs site owner would work with EP
Ah now i see what you speak of i didn't quite understood what you meant before

Queenie

Reaction score
Server
Europe_1
Main Char
- Goldilocks -
Clan
Beloved and Hated
Here is a full video of it
(its through a File to link upload bc i cant send the video here)

Queenie

Reaction score
Server
Europe_1
Main Char
- Goldilocks -
Clan
Beloved and Hated
The same issue is with the building at Hoskins and I'm sure there's plenty more

Pleiadian

Reaction score
Server
America_1
Main Char
Rembrandt.
Clan
-
So far i've tested it on Miller & Hoskins, both sites have a little house which players can sit behind and can't be pushed outView attachment 48016
This is hilarious for some reason because when Highway said that the fear direction calculation would be improved, I was thinking of a magical algorithm that would do the trick.

Not having to touch up on every single gate, 1 by 1.

Hardwell

Reaction score
Server
America_2
Main Char
ZEUS
Clan
SHADOWS
Can you change the key binding to shift?

DarkMyth.

Reaction score
Server
Europe_1
Main Char
DarkMyth.
Clan
Aces
This is hilarious for some reason because when Highway said that the fear direction calculation would be improved, I was thinking of a magical algorithm that would do the trick.

Changes are looking good, some sites need a little adjustments because then the fear effect won't make any difference there, and there's many sites which has tight corners

Personally I dislike this buff change because then 2 attacker clans competing for a site can't actually battle each other because neither is the site owner, yeah they will shoot each other with 2k dmg but that's leaving out the actual competition, unless these 2 attacking clans are allies then it's a different topic (and yes attackers have alliances as well) and before anyone says anything about eu1, no I don't talk about eu1 right now i'm an attacker on different servers so please, stop making me feel like I can't post anything here because I main eu1

Pleiadian

Reaction score
Server
America_1
Main Char
Rembrandt.
Clan
-
How about we add a mechanic that would ensure that players can not just stand around and that be it. Something like:
  • During Conflict Phases buildings will emit in regular time intervals a fear effect to all players within the circle
I was really hoping this idea would make it. Such an interesting idea, keeping the attacking players always engaged with the Site, while providing some difficulties.

There are not enough Rex users active in the PTR to test the improvements of the Fear Skill.

DarkMyth.

Reaction score
Server
Europe_1
Main Char
DarkMyth.
Clan
Aces
Changes are looking good, some sites need a little adjustments because then the fear effect won't make any difference there, and there's many sites which has tight corners

Personally I dislike this buff change because then 2 attacker clans competing for a site can't actually battle each other because neither is the site owner, yeah they will shoot each other with 2k dmg but that's leaving out the actual competition, unless these 2 attacking clans are allies then it's a different topic (and yes attackers have alliances as well) and before anyone says anything about eu1, no I don't talk about eu1 right now i'm an attacker on different servers so please, stop making me feel like I can't post anything here because I main eu1
Here for example I told them to join the attack, we can HARDLY fight each other because skill aren't really doing anything, so 2 attacking clans who are competing, can't compete, does anyone have any suggestion to fix such situation?

1717758614601.png

Pleiadian

Reaction score
Server
America_1
Main Char
Rembrandt.
Clan
-
Screenshot_2.png

Screenshot_3.png

Screenshot_4.png
Berserk Clan was holding Grovesnor, I did a 1v1 and I still took it.

Here's my branchio build. I used Recovery kit about 7 times in the battle for Groves.

I don't think the added changes are even solving anything to be fair. Branchi with full defense setup is still like on live server.

Last edited:

Alewx

Splitscreen Studios
Reaction score

Well the thing the algorithm for that would be pretty darn performance heavy, so that is an approximation.
And fear alone would not solve the thing, that is for sure.

Alewx

Splitscreen Studios
Reaction score
I was really hoping this idea would make it. Such an interesting idea, keeping the attacking players always engaged with the Site, while providing some difficulties.

There are not enough Rex users active in the PTR to test the improvements of the Fear Skill.
That came in pretty late, and with the movement behind the gates, it would not really solve much.

Alewx

Splitscreen Studios
Reaction score
View attachment 48018

View attachment 48019

View attachment 48022
Berserk Clan was holding Grovesnor, I did a 1v1 and I still took it.

Here's my branchio build. I used Recovery kit about 7 times in the battle for Groves.

I don't think the added changes are even solving anything to be fair. Branchi with full defense setup is still like on live server.
I didn't expect these changes to solve everything in an instant, it is more like first steps.
But 7 times instant resurrect, is a bit expensive and time intensive, so it prolonged the fight quite a bit.

Pleiadian

Reaction score
Server
America_1
Main Char
Rembrandt.
Clan
-
I didn't expect these changes to solve everything in an instant, it is more like first steps.
But 7 times instant resurrect, is a bit expensive and time intensive, so it prolonged the fight quite a bit.
Can you share your full picture here? What's the next step in solving the branchio problem?

And the PTR recently opened, I don't see what more we're supposed to test.

With Dinoville holding majority of the Site in the maps, I wanted to see if the Fear Skills works as you intended it to be, but I can neither find a Rex user.

Alewx

Splitscreen Studios
Reaction score
and what exactly were these changes meant to solve ?
Totally passive attack gameplay. But from your question it sounds like your expectation is something gets on ptr and then everything is solved and fine? sadly that is not how things work out, it is for testing it out, and then you can get results of didn't change enough, worked not at all, is fine, or anything inbetween.

Luka Patajac

Reaction score
Server
Europe_1
Main Char
Valmort
Clan
Extra Power
Um i took two builds while being passive cause owners weren't even there. I cant even test that part if owner isn't there to fight me

Alewx

Splitscreen Studios
Reaction score
Can you share your full picture here? What's the next step in solving the branchio problem?

And the PTR recently opened, I don't see what more we're supposed to test.

With Dinoville holding majority of the Site in the maps, I wanted to see if the Fear Skills works as you intended it to be, but I can neither find a Rex user.
More buildings will be opend up, but at that time not that many ppl were around.

The comming steps are not up to me, I'm just part of the team.

Status
Not open for further replies.