User000

Reaction score
Server
America_1
Main Char
User1
Clan
solo
The sheriff election is planned to remain the same intervall right now. But the T-rex will not directly linked to it anymore. Instead unlocked by the tokens won on elections. Still the Sheriff position will give most tokens and remains desirable including to unlock the new sheriff only items.
My biggest fear is if people choose the easiest way to win rex, winning smaller elections to gather tokens, it can make the game monotone and less competitive. and can lead to an evasion of players, since it happened in the server test, with all players with t-rex

Pleiadian

Reaction score
Server
America_1
Main Char
Rembrandt.
Clan
-
what about fame which players currently have? will be there any way to lose fame, beside applying to elections, bcs those players who have lets say 2M or more fame, they would be able to win elections all the time. if there is said something about it, i would be glad to get pointed to that, i didnt see anywhere dev or somebody else talking about it
Fame is directly spent when applying for an office in the town hall
After a player win that office, the fame will be spent, hence reduced.

Pleiadian

Reaction score
Server
America_1
Main Char
Rembrandt.
Clan
-
My biggest fear is if people choose the easiest way to win rex, winning smaller elections to gather tokens, it can make the game monotone and less competitive. and can lead to an evasion of players, since it happened in the server test, with all players with t-rex
If they choose to go for a smaller elections, they would get lower rewards.

If they win the office easy for the token, the reward would be minimal.

rishab17

Reaction score
Server
Asia_1
Main Char
I- UnExPecTeD -I
Clan
-Silver bullet-
Offers exclusive items that can only be purchased with “Dinoville Tokens” and additional currency like dollars, gold, gems etc.
Please clarify this one ,I assume it means ,it will be ,tokens won't be the only requirement for purchasing from exclusive store.
Example:

To buy a lvl50 rex ,we will need "Specified number of tokens + 405 tiger eyes"
Or To buy any other customisation ,"A Number of tokens + Gold or Dino dollars" will be required.

Is it like this?

OrionZG

Reaction score
Server
America_2
Main Char
WandersZ.
Clan
the lesser charges to sheriff will give you lower chips, rex will continue to be difficult, not only for chips but for other objects more, and being re-elected could not be another fear, since this will be spent when we enter the position.

slejd2001

Reaction score
Server
Europe_3
Main Char
-R_3_V-3_N-A-N_T-
Clan
-I-Edgerunners-I-
lets say for ranger you get 4 tokens and it takes 2 days to win it, for governor who takes to win 9 days reward could be more than 18 tokens to win, its addition to @Pleiadian explanation

Targaryen

Reaction score
Server
Asia_1
Main Char
Lucas Apenaz
Clan
Yakuza
I presented your idea to several sheriffs, but everyone came to the conclusion that it will be fun for those who * don't have rex *, and for what they already have, what to do? I liked my idea as something beyond the rex.
@Highway

rishab17

Reaction score
Server
Asia_1
Main Char
I- UnExPecTeD -I
Clan
-Silver bullet-
Probably ,there should be quite a bit difference between the appearances of rexes "Before update" and "After update" ,so that , old ones would also like to get newly designed rexes ,even if they don't ,stats of old ones will be same ,so it won't matter much.

OrionZG

Reaction score
Server
America_2
Main Char
WandersZ.
Clan
I loved the idea of tokens and their own store, this allows that in the future there will be more things to spend. But don't just get carried away by clothing, take into account objects such as: another dinosaur, weapon, implants, technologies, temporary attributes, violent enhancers (7 days), skins, etc.

Targaryen

Reaction score
Server
Asia_1
Main Char
Lucas Apenaz
Clan
Yakuza
Probably ,there should be quite a bit difference between the appearances of rexes "Before update" and "After update" ,so that , old ones would also like to get newly designed rexes ,even if they don't ,stats of old ones will be same ,so it won't matter much.
I know, but what are the sheriffs going to do? Wasn't the goal the end of the game?

rishab17

Reaction score
Server
Asia_1
Main Char
I- UnExPecTeD -I
Clan
-Silver bullet-
I know, but what are the sheriffs going to do? Wasn't the goal the end of the game?
Yeah ,thats what I am saying , the looks and design of rex shld be altered a bit after the update ,so that old sheriff would also like to work for getting the newly designed rex.

Pleiadian

Reaction score
Server
America_1
Main Char
Rembrandt.
Clan
-
Yeah ,thats what I am saying , the looks and design of rex shld be altered a bit after the update ,so that old sheriff would also like to work for getting the newly designed rex.
Unfortunately, that would not work in the long term. Also, it's not enough of a good reason to keep the one who already got Sheriff, in the loop...

What would happen after they finally get their new Rex?

OrionZG

Reaction score
Server
America_2
Main Char
WandersZ.
Clan

rishab17

Reaction score
Server
Asia_1
Main Char
I- UnExPecTeD -I
Clan
-Silver bullet-
Unfortunately, that would not work in the long term. Also, it's not enough of a good reason to keep the one who already got Sheriff, in the loop...

What would happen after they finally get their new Rex?
@Highway said that they will keep adding new items to the exclusive store so sheriffs can also work to get the new items.

Targaryen

Reaction score
Server
Asia_1
Main Char
Lucas Apenaz
Clan
Yakuza
I don't think it's just interesting to change the look, we want something to do after the rex, if not, it will remain the same as always, get rex, hunt, and defend the portal.

rishab17

Reaction score
Server
Asia_1
Main Char
I- UnExPecTeD -I
Clan
-Silver bullet-
I don't think it's just interesting to change the look, we want something to do after the rex, if not, it will remain the same as always, get rex, hunt, and defend the portal.
If there's something that the game needs to work on ,it is to invite new players who play this game , because in current scenario ,it's only the existing players mainly who keep changing servers.
For a better game impression, it must do something about publicity. And improving server capability.
Retaining old players isn't the only thing they should think about.

Targaryen

Reaction score
Server
Asia_1
Main Char
Lucas Apenaz
Clan
Yakuza
If there's something that the game needs to work on ,it is to invite new players who play this game , because in current scenario ,it's only the existing players mainly who keep changing servers.
For a better game impression, it must do something about publicity. And improving server capability.
Retaining old players isn't the only thing they should think about.
If you think about advertising, you should focus on the game first, invite new players with advertisements and the game at the same time remains uninteresting will be money in the trash.
Focusing on the development of the game is critical first to make good publicity later.

rishab17

Reaction score
Server
Asia_1
Main Char
I- UnExPecTeD -I
Clan
-Silver bullet-
If you think about advertising, you should focus on the game first, invite new players with advertisements and the game at the same time remains uninteresting will be money in the trash.
Focusing on the development of the game is critical first to make good publicity later.
A bigger playerbase will also push them more on improving the gaming experience.
It is boring you know ,the same players keep accusing each other for years without any changes.

Targaryen

Reaction score
Server
Asia_1
Main Char
Lucas Apenaz
Clan
Yakuza
Apply a system of jobs, which would generate salaries in the case: DinoTokens and Achievement Points, would be released for higher levels, in NPC's, but would be job missions, and would give more objectives for those who also have rex.

What will the sheriffs do after this update?

alok.verma

Reaction score
Yes that would be an issue. But its planned to split out the achievements score between regular and event achievements. So that the achievement score would be always reachable even for new players.
Well, I was hoping that people who are being consistently playing dino storm for 6-7 years will be given the privilege to hold monument for a long time until someone surpasses their achievement points but if the achievement points are to be split out then there is no benefit/reward to the old players collecting all these achievement points during all these years or being a consistent player of dino storm

Targaryen

Reaction score
Server
Asia_1
Main Char
Lucas Apenaz
Clan
Yakuza
I doubt they will add the armor as they were implemented early in the game and were causing a lot of lag. They also mentioned that they would never add them to the game again.
We are asking to optimize DinoStorm, optimizing is the best option than doing any updates before, for things like this that prevents DinoStorm from coming up with creative ideas, due to lag or FPS.

@Highway @Gruni

User000

Reaction score
Server
America_1
Main Char
User1
Clan
solo
Im sorry sir but what change with this idea ??? Still powerfull clans and allys will be hold maps and anothers cannot take fame ????
Now you will be able to plan to attack them in moments with few players and steal all the fame. Remember that fame is for the player, not for the clan's inventory.

Targaryen

Reaction score
Server
Asia_1
Main Char
Lucas Apenaz
Clan
Yakuza
And the question of kits? Example: Someone attacks your portal with 100 fame, you will defend, you kill who was draining, he uses a kit, gets the portal (which turns green), gets fame, and leaves with an advantage?

rishab17

Reaction score
Server
Asia_1
Main Char
I- UnExPecTeD -I
Clan
-Silver bullet-
And the question of kits? Example: Someone attacks your portal with 100 fame, you will defend, you kill who was draining, he uses a kit, gets the portal (which turns green), gets fame, and leaves with an advantage?
I think it can be avoided by making it red again before the player who kit can collect medals.

rishab17

Reaction score
Server
Asia_1
Main Char
I- UnExPecTeD -I
Clan
-Silver bullet-
Players use AutoClick at absurd speeds that no one can contain the supply when he uses the kit, thus taking over all portals.
Yes but can they move the mouse that quick to deposit button before another player can hit that camp?

Targaryen

Reaction score
Server
Asia_1
Main Char
Lucas Apenaz
Clan
Yakuza
Yes but can they move the mouse that quick to deposit button before another player can hit that camp?
I don't doubt it, but I am not confident in that option. Solution: After a camp is taken over by another clan, the portal is in 'instability' to collect fame, but the teleport will work. The same with Mines.

rishab17

Reaction score
Server
Asia_1
Main Char
I- UnExPecTeD -I
Clan
-Silver bullet-
I don't doubt it, but I am not confident in that option. Solution: After a camp is taken over by another clan, the portal is in 'instability' to collect fame, but the teleport will work. The same with Mines.
Or to make it simple ,say there is 5 seconds loading for depositing medals.

Status
Not open for further replies.