Reaction score
Server
America_1
Main Char
Rembrandt.
Clan
-
i lvl 55 still die to ankylosaurus bandits if i don't attack them back

And i just saw a full level 55 player getting killed by 54 anky bandits while trying to simply get through them. He had hunting techs and implants, so with war set this would be even worse.
Was about to write a long paragraph to explain this.. but here it is.

The damage from these alpha mobs are not correct. It's a bit higher than expected.

Lowering the difficulty only benefits levels 55, this does not seem correct to me.
Lowering the difficulty seems fair to me.

Considering that the drop rate and drop frequency of specific items stayed the same, it should be easier to hunt for a level 55 player since they only get X1.

As it is right now, players will get difficulty with drops. + If stayed unchanged, Higher damage from the Alpha mobs.

Additionally, let's not forget that DS is a PvP game. Once someone reach level 55, that player shouldn't get difficulty in hunt, since they should focus on PvP at this point. So once again, the difficulty of hunt shouldn't be for players around these levels.

Last edited:

Pleiadian

Reaction score
Server
America_1
Main Char
Rembrandt.
Clan
-
Honestly saying, I really preferred the first version of the PTR of the weekend. That one was near perfect for me. You guys didn't had to touch anything about the drops.

The difficulty was good enough for every level that I've tested with (tested with basic damage boosters). Perhaps leaving the HP untouched while not increasing strength nor damage would have done it.

Agusdim

Reaction score
Server
America_1
Main Char
Agusdim
Clan
The Revolution
I'm going to make them hate me :giggle:

Agusdim

Reaction score
Server
America_1
Main Char
Agusdim
Clan
The Revolution
And for those who try to refute me saying: "But you have violent 30 days booster, that's Pay to Win !!"

Screenshot_10.png

Give me your hate :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:;)

OrionZG

Reaction score
Server
America_2
Main Char
WandersZ.
Clan
The T-Rex has a lot of damage and very OP bleeding. That must be corrected. As for hunting, it improved a lot compared to the previous one.

JHON JAIRO

Reaction score
Server
America_2
Main Char
Don Jairo
Clan
CLAN DESTINO
The T-Rex has a lot of damage and very OP bleeding. That must be corrected. As for hunting, it improved a lot compared to the previous one.
kyc lloron vaya a mamarlo :V jajajajajaja viste ya dijo prometeus va a llorar llegastes tu :v

Pleiadian

Reaction score
Server
America_1
Main Char
Rembrandt.
Clan
-
@Agusdim
you completely missed the point.

What @Maddy Montgomery, @istencsaszar, and myself are trying to say is that the damage we (players) are dealing from Alpha mobs is higher than normal. We are not even discussing the damage players are doing (we don't have any complaint about that) but rather the damage mobs are doing to us after the recent update on the live servers.

And for those who try to refute me saying: "But you have violent 30 days booster, that's Pay to Win !!"
Completely irrelevant to the topic. For one, players only get one 30-Day Violent Damage Boosters once a year. And second, even if a player opens a 30-Day violent booster it's difficult to go from level 20 to level 55 in a month. (Unless that person is a lifeless that spend 6-8 hours on Ds)

All we are asking for is a slight reduction of the damage being dealt from Alpha mobs, they are literally killing us in seconds, we are dying like nothing in front of them.

JHON JAIRO

Reaction score
Server
America_2
Main Char
Don Jairo
Clan
CLAN DESTINO
@Agusdim

What @Maddy Montgomery, @istencsaszar, and myself are trying to say is that the damage we (players) are dealing from Alpha mobs is higher than normal. We are not even discussing the damage players are doing (we don't have any complaint about that) but rather the damage mobs are doing to us after the recent update on the live servers.

Completely irrelevant to the topic. For one, players only get one 30-Day Violent Damage Boosters once a year. And second, even if a player opens a 30-Day violent booster it's difficult to go from level 20 to level 55 in a month. (Unless that person is a lifeless that spend 6-8 hours on Ds)

All we are asking for is a slight reduction of the damage being dealt from Alpha mobs, they are literally killing us in seconds, we are dying like nothing in front of them.
un rex alfa nos iso un 2 x1 y nos mato jajajajajajajaja quede humillado :V

Agusdim

Reaction score
Server
America_1
Main Char
Agusdim
Clan
The Revolution
@Agusdim

So how to compensate for the reduced life of the mobs? Since the main problem was: "Hunting is very slow." Of course this if we compare it with the previous version where it was killed exaggeratedly fast.
They want to kill fast but there has to be a balance.

Agusdim

Reaction score
Server
America_1
Main Char
Agusdim
Clan
The Revolution
What amount of reduction do you want?
I am level 55, I have five lvl 55 dinos, and three lvl 55 weapons, I have literally tried all the combinations that my profile allowed me and 90% of the cases do not kill me.

Agusdim

Reaction score
Server
America_1
Main Char
Agusdim
Clan
The Revolution
the question they have to ask themselves is:

Is it impossible for me? If the answer is yes, then I do accept the idea of lowering the overall damage.
Is it difficult for me? If the answer is yes, then a veteran fulfills the role of him, because in mobs, the veteran or alpha is the strongest rival.

istencsaszar

Reaction score
Server
Europe_1
Main Char
Odin.
Clan
-
So how to compensate for the reduced life of the mobs? Since the main problem was: "Hunting is very slow." Of course this if we compare it with the previous version where it was killed exaggeratedly fast.
They want to kill fast but there has to be a balance.
The game should be adjusted to players that use regular equipment, not exclusive items like vios. 11 months out of 12 you will be hunting with basic even if you complete the event.

The problem isn't about hunting them. When you are prepared and anticipate an attack, you can kill them. But when they catch you off guard, they will kill you very fast(i'm talking as an 55 player, i don't know if a level 50 would be able to kill a veteran 2-3 levels higher for a good drop). Also, dying 10% of the time makes farming inefficient with the current drop rate. My suggestion would be reducing the veteran's range of agression, so at least they are less annoying until further balancing. Alphas are fine since they attack alone, don't slow you down and can't attack in range(maybe with the exception of coelo).

JHON JAIRO

Reaction score
Server
America_2
Main Char
Don Jairo
Clan
CLAN DESTINO
The game should be adjusted to players that use regular equipment, not exclusive items like vios. 11 months out of 12 you will be hunting with basic even if you complete the event.

The problem isn't about hunting them. When you are prepared and anticipate an attack, you can kill them. But when they catch you off guard, they will kill you very fast(i'm talking as an 55 player, i don't know if a level 50 would be able to kill a veteran 2-3 levels higher for a good drop). Also, dying 10% of the time makes farming inefficient with the current drop rate. My suggestion would be reducing the veteran's range of agression, so at least they are less annoying until further balancing. Alphas are fine since they attack alone, don't slow you down and can't attack in range(maybe with the exception of coelo).
y porque no en ves de bajarle a daño porque no mejor le suben la cantidad de dds y asi aunque te maten 10 veces tendrás algo que vender y ganar lo suficiente para seguir cazando

• Funny
Reactions: NaY

OrionZG

Reaction score
Server
America_2
Main Char
WandersZ.
Clan
Alpha and normal mon are also somewhat difficult to hunt.They have a lot of strength.
I've seen various mobs and bandits launch skill effects more frequently, although they have reduced their damage, it can be very annoying and difficult to hunt.

Last edited:

M-Lulu

Reaction score
Server
America_3
Main Char
- A.r.i.z.o.n.a -
Clan
Clan Steel RomeroMX_
I truly noticed a difficulty in hunting that was not in the PTR when I tested it: the exacerbated strength of the alpha and veteran mobs. I tested on the servers where I play, in two I am lvl55 and in one I am lvl40 and I felt an extreme difficulty in getting out of the confrontations alive.

It is clear that hunting in a zone of 3 levels more than my own it is necessary to have some difficulty, but even using viola 30d I being full40 I had extreme difficulty in facing alphas centrosaurus lvl43 and out of five attempts I died in four.

And even though it was full55, the difficulty in killing alphas and veterans made me a little angry, I can't deny. Not because they have a lot of life, or because my damage and strength are low, no, after all in this update they got it right, but the strength of the mobs is absurd.

Reaction score
Server
Europe_1
Main Char
.Hisoka.
Clan
Greek Aces
I've seen lots of players saying that, the game is in the best condition right now, because it makes it more challenging, you know, mobs dying more harder, drops more harder to get, etc. No, actually is sad, who wants to farm a whole day for a single implant? Who wants to die 100 times per day because u can't hunt mobs higher than u with 2 3 lvls just with a basic/f2p kit? Why do we have to spend money and to stick on violents and pay to win stuff? In my opinion, this game got waaay low down at the bottom. Ok, I understood that we are killing mobs more harder right now.. But the drop... it's still bad, not as the previous one, it feels different this time. And yes, being lvl 50 and trying to do lvl 55, believe me, if it was challenging before this update, I mean, the grinding, It's more harder right now.

Pleiadian

Reaction score
Server
America_1
Main Char
Rembrandt.
Clan
-
It is clear that hunting in a zone of 3 levels more than my own it is necessary to have some difficulty, but even using viola 30d I being full40 I had extreme difficulty in facing alphas centrosaurus lvl43 and out of five attempts I died in four.
There was an update at last minute in the PTR.

The difficulty has been increased by A LOT if a player is hunting above 2 level of his own.

Hunting near those levels would either result in player being killed or winning a combat with about 15% of its health.

I just dare not imagine now how new players would hunt their x3 & x4 with ease.

M-Lulu

Reaction score
Server
America_3
Main Char
- A.r.i.z.o.n.a -
Clan
Clan Steel RomeroMX_
There was an update at last minute in the PTR.

The difficulty has been increased by A LOT if a player is hunting above 2 level of his own.

Hunting near those levels would either result in player being killed or winning a combat with about 15% of its health.

I just dare not imagine now how new players would hunt their x3 & x4 with ease.
I don't understand why there are no more people talking about it, because it is a real problem
It is something that will discourage new players, who are already an almost extinct race
EXTREME difficulty in hunting is not motivating or even fun and just praise and insinuate that everything is 100% perfect in the update is the same as ignore the problem and throw it under the carpet, does not help anyone.

slejd2001

Reaction score
Server
Europe_3
Main Char
-R_3_V-3_N-A-N_T-
Clan
-I-Edgerunners-I-
With the update, I continue to see players in the chat asking for help because they can't kill a level 10 thug, being they level 8. They have difficulties but are they comfortable? If they can no longer kill without an implant, how good is that?
I think for Ds to have more active players is to make the start a little easier, and maybe to make the middle of the journey more difficult, making the end easy again, example: 1-25 easy, 25-45 difficult, 45-50 medium, 50- 55 easy, i lvl 55 still die to ankylosaurus bandits if i don't attack them back
As I have seen in hep window, there is nothing said about high drops from higher lvls mobs (x4, x3 ,...) so it should be written there too, that players who are new to the game would know how faster collect items.

DalekRaptor

Reaction score
Server
America_3
Main Char
DalekRaptor
Clan
Mesozoic Masters
Hunting zone 55, only with the stability implant. Without technologies, without clothes.

You can't base your test for see if everything is fine or increase the dificult just because with violent booster is easy. Not all the players would complete the easter event, not all thoose players would use the violent booster, the violent booster is just 1 month, and even if the players have gold or lots of gold that doesn't mean they could buy 1 violent booster on all the 3 (or more) attemps because sometimes the demand is so hight that you don't get a chance to press the button to buy (this thing you should know @Agusdim being you from america 1 a very populated server). The basis for see if everything is ok is without clothes and without booster or just basic booster, the other two boosters must be seen just as ways to increase the speed on farming.

serverus12

Reaction score
Server
America_1
Main Char
exter
Clan
steel
El T-Rex tiene mucho daño y muy sangrado OP. Eso debe corregirse. En cuanto a la caza, mejoró mucho respecto al anterior.
ya corrigieron eso no apliques tus argumentos solo en dañar un dino todo tienen su función o crees que una persona debe esperar asta 2 años por un dino obsoleto?

Last edited by a moderator:

DalekRaptor

Reaction score
Server
America_3
Main Char
DalekRaptor
Clan
Mesozoic Masters
On the weekend version from PTR the hunt was perfect, you could hunt good without depeding on clothes and boosters, and also you could use many combos to hunt. Now just this can be reached using violent booster thing that isn't fair.

DalekRaptor

Reaction score
Server
America_3
Main Char
DalekRaptor
Clan
Mesozoic Masters
The bandits must not be seen only as a challenge or a boss on the map, they also are needed for upgrade items or make dinodollars. And even if the players choose only hunt smilos or another things that are less deadly, you still need to face them on the path for go trought level 52 zone, or from the both spawn zones at level 53 zones, or at wars/drainings/killings at mm, or at abb mm.

serverus12

Reaction score
Server
America_1
Main Char
exter
Clan
steel
FELICITACIONES por esta gran actualización por mi parte ya puede darse por terminada ( con la ecepción de los animales alfas que tienen demasiado daño).
dado por mejorado lo anterior podemos concentrarnos en otros detalles que no son importantes pero que son necesarios para mejorar aspecto, organización y las estrategias dentro del juego.
son una molesta estar casi siego sin saver cuando demorara la zona recuperarse despues de haber sido atacada.
si fuera visible el tiempo que falta para recuperarse seria de gran ayuda (el tiempo de recuperación podría variar dependiendo si es atacada de nuevo se reiniciaría el tiempo )

Attachments

DalekRaptor

Reaction score
Server
America_3
Main Char
DalekRaptor
Clan
Mesozoic Masters
There are 3 ways that i see for solve this problem with bandits:
  • First option: reduce agin the damage from bandits because they can kill you very easy with the bleed, burning, vulnerable (when 2 or more attack you at the same time), just attacks from hammer without extra. And this only talking about Maujak, i supose this problems also happend at least on ccv with the respetives bandits.
  • Second option: make that bandits on mm and ccv just attack you one by one and no 2 or 3 at the same time, similar as happend on gf, mokon, gv. On this way they can keep the high damage and chanllenge status but they would not kill us that easy when farming or just walking on the map.
  • Third option: is reduce the dinodollar price globally at 50% or 75% from the actual price so is considerated on this that we will die more often than before and also doesn't loose that easy all the dd farmed (thing that anger most of the players). Another option if you don't want the reduction to the price be gobally, could be just on the zones that are near to you example: if you die near otis respawning at level 54 and level 53 would be 50% or 75% less than the current price.

snnrk

Reaction score
Server
America_4
Main Char
_Sunork_
Clan
-
I was absent from the discussions on the last day and wanted to know if the increase in mob damage was deliberate or if they have an active booster (just like it happened before). I've been facing some 54 and the difference in damage between me and them is notable, a rex thug causes me 22k at close range and 17k with his gun, with each hit.
Well, since I didn't get any answer, I decided to make a comparison and bring data here, maybe with them someone can give me some kind of clarification. I made a simple comparative chart, using the damage values before and after today's update (March 23).

For the test, the damage caused by level 54 mobs was used in a player 55 with dino 55, without any type of defense, and compared to the damage of a player with a dino of the same level, without any reinforcement of damage, only the pure values.
For brontops and smilodon, a comparison was used with the damage they caused before the change, and because I'm not sure if I was using defenses when I recorded the video I used as a basis, maybe the values may be different, but even so get a good sense of the changes.

Previous value/Player damage​
Current value (mobs)​
Increased damage (%)​
Parasaurus lvl 54
5384​
18972​
+252%​
Anky lvl 54
3835,2​
14877​
+287%​
Rex lvl 54
10536​
29703​
+182%​
Brontops lvl 54
4106​
11332​
+172%​
Smilodon lvl 54
11210​
22714​
+102%​

I used several rounded figures to make the accounts easier, but even though it is a very simple and not so accurate table, it is already possible to see the difference, most are doing more damage than the violent booster gives us, and this is insane.
And before they ask, I only used wild mobs, I left out the bandits because they set up dinos that already exist on the map.

Last edited:

snnrk

Reaction score
Server
America_4
Main Char
_Sunork_
Clan
-
I wanted a response from the splitscreen team about these values, as it is not possible that it was planned to be so. Increase the damage that way only on the account of those who found it "too easy" to hunt :LOL:

Status
Not open for further replies.