slejd2001

Reaction score
Server
Europe_3
Main Char
-R_3_V-3_N-A-N_T-
Clan
-I-Edgerunners-I-
There are many things to consider before doing that with all the servers- But I believe this can be done with server that is not much active - Such as Eu2 and Eu4.
Not Only you, but all who saying to combine eu2 with another server had ever played in eu2? It's active enough

Thround

Reaction score
About the skill 4 of yager rifle, why do you keep changing the damage of that skill? at first when you updated on july 15 it was reduced to 30k critical hit aprox, then on july 16 40k critical hit max but now it again can reach 44k critical hit with violent booster (38k normal, 39k basic, 40k potent, 44k violent) . If the problem was solved, why again make problem with that skill? And i know that change wasn't mentioned on the update changelogs but the skill really changed on the 15th and 16th updates
Yager Rifle skill "Sneak shot" never changed since its appearance. It still does exactly 400% weapon damage per skill, and how values varies is totally depending on how much heal points and what level your opponent has. (One-hit prevention)

DalekRaptor

Reaction score
Server
America_3
Main Char
DalekRaptor
Clan
Mesozoic Masters
Yager Rifle skill "Sneak shot" never changed since its appearance. It still does exactly 400% weapon damage per skill, and how values varies is totally depending on how much heal points and what level your opponent has. (One-hit prevention)
But in those updates it changed as i explained, for example in one update violent boosters players just can reach 40k critical (many players thought the skill was nerfed), but now they always can do 44k critical again, and this time nothing protect that even using armor implant (and they wasn't using any penetration points) or with weapon reflector activated they still can reach 44k critical.

And as you said neither of the other weapons can guarented 400% weapon damage, and because that many on here want it nerfed, practicaly that skill takes 1/3 of you health points. For players without medical gels is impossible for respawn because the skill damage is higher than the normal health points when we respawn. And practically the chance of it be dodged or fail is very low, and guaranted instant win when they use it.

Morty

Reaction score
Server
-----
Main Char
- Morty -
Clan
Since 2013
The balance, is it possible to balance the attributes of the clothes too?
Example: Player 1 = Clothing quality 10 damage and Player 2 = Clothing quality 5 damage, and even then the chance of player 2 is the same as who is with quality q10, Remembering that the only "advantage" that player 1 there are 5 more qualities than player 2 in the clothes, and even so the quality 10 clothes make no difference against the quality 5, seeming to limit the damage of player 1 or making very little difference between the two players so it looks like this giving the same damage, I already did some tests so I noticed the clothes after 5/6 quality makes more difference in hunting, in pvp it doesn't change anything or very little even though the player with higher quality clothes has no advantage about who is of lesser quality.

I noticed that I went up clothes Example: Damage is only good for hunting, because it is totally useless for pvp being that if the opponent was wearing quality clothes 3, 4, 5 he seems to be doing the same damage as mine.

I noticed a lot of difference in hunting giving absurd damage and events that have monstrous also helps a lot, but in the case of Player vs Player there should be a balance in the attributes and quality of the clothes.

It is not easy to raise the clothes to their last quality (10) and lose to quality opponents (3/4/5/6) due to bad luck.

Thround

Reaction score
But in those updates it changed as i explained, for example in one update violent boosters players just can reach 40k critical (many players thought the skill was nerfed), but now they always can do 44k critical again, and this time nothing protect that even using armor implant (and they wasn't using any penetration points) or with weapon reflector activated they still can reach 44k critical.
An average Yager Rifle user (L55 Yager Rifle + L55 Damage Tech + L55 Aim Tech + Violent Damage Booster + Full set of Damage Clothes/Skin/Saddle with "good" quality) will be able to deal approximately [ 178K ] Damage point by using a Yager Rifle skill called "Sneak Shot". However, the highest limit that damage can reach is [168,680] damage point against Violent Brontops L54 & [49,595] damage point against an average Brachiosaurus user (L55 Dino + L55 Vitality Implant).

Yes, neither Armor, nor Shield can protect against Yager Rifle, because even while obtaining them, still Sneak Shot with its overwhelming 178K damage can deal damage above the limit. For example. Player A deal 178k Damage Sneak shot hit to player B. Player B is using level55 Armor implant (25.9% resistance). (178K-X)/178K=25.9% > X=132K damage point, but the highest limit against average players is 49,595 damage point. Therefore, the damage against average Brachiosaurus user will never exceed or go less than 49,595 damage point, and 44k damage point in your usual opponents case whom are using whatever dino that has lower vitality than a Brachiosaurus (lower limit).

That explains why you keep getting that number.

And as you said neither of the other weapons can guarented 400% weapon damage, and because that many on here want it nerfed, practicaly that skill takes 1/3 of you health points. For players without medical gels is impossible for respawn because the skill damage is higher than the normal health points when we respawn. And practically the chance of it be dodged or fail is very low, and guaranted instant win when they use it.
We are aware of how overpowered the Sneak shot skill is, but I am guessing that our Developers have plans for it in the current upcoming #10 Dev Shack, as not only it, but all Weapons and its skills will receive a re-balance along side with Dinosaurs.

I'm aware that this skill alone have shifted the gameplay and fighting style of players. How it rendered all other Weapons useless compared to Yager Rifle, and how all improvements regarding T-Rex, and bleed/burn effects are pointless since with a Yager Rifle you can finish a PvP in 3-4 seconds. Plus all what you already said.

The real question here is whether something should be done about that skill now, or it can wait until the dev shack is ready. That's not up to me, but our Developers to decide, however feel free to leave a reply & answer on this question.

DalekRaptor

Reaction score
Server
America_3
Main Char
DalekRaptor
Clan
Mesozoic Masters
An average Yager Rifle user (L55 Yager Rifle + L55 Damage Tech + L55 Aim Tech + Violent Damage Booster + Full set of Damage Clothes/Skin/Saddle with "good" quality) will be able to deal approximately [ 178K ] Damage point by using a Yager Rifle skill called "Sneak Shot". However, the highest limit that damage can reach is [168,680] damage point against Violent Brontops L54 & [49,595] damage point against an average Brachiosaurus user (L55 Dino + L55 Vitality Implant).

Yes, neither Armor, nor Shield can protect against Yager Rifle, because even while obtaining them, still Sneak Shot with its overwhelming 178K damage can deal damage above the limit. For example. Player A deal 178k Damage Sneak shot hit to player B. Player B is using level55 Armor implant (25.9% resistance). (178K-X)/178K=25.9% > X=132K damage point, but the highest limit against average players is 49,595 damage point. Therefore, the damage against average Brachiosaurus user will never exceed or go less than 49,595 damage point, and 44k damage point in your usual opponents case whom are using whatever dino that has lower vitality than a Brachiosaurus (lower limit).

That explains why you keep getting that number.

We are aware of how overpowered the Sneak shot skill is, but I am guessing that our Developers have plans for it in the current upcoming #10 Dev Shack, as not only it, but all Weapons and its skills will receive a re-balance along side with Dinosaurs.

I'm aware that this skill alone have shifted the gameplay and fighting style of players. How it rendered all other Weapons useless compared to Yager Rifle, and how all improvements regarding T-Rex, and bleed/burn effects are pointless since with a Yager Rifle you can finish a PvP in 3-4 seconds. Plus all what you already said.

The real question here is whether something should be done about that skill now, or it can wait until the dev shack is ready. That's not up to me, but our Developers to decide, however feel free to leave a reply & answer on this question.
Thanks for explain all, and i think the nerf of the skill can wait until the dev shack is ready but if the dev shack takes more time than they expect because bugs or if it doesn't work etc, would be good if they prepare another pre-balance update like that one which afected bleeding, burnings and battle cry.

slejd2001

Reaction score
Server
Europe_3
Main Char
-R_3_V-3_N-A-N_T-
Clan
-I-Edgerunners-I-

andrealves

Reaction score
Server
America_2
Main Char
NIGHT WOLF
Clan
Dark Max Retribution
I really liked the visual and sound effects of the weapons, less the hammer, no sound, and the missile projectile is tiny, I can almost see the sound, the rest was really cool, I loved it.:giggle:

Morty

Reaction score
Server
-----
Main Char
- Morty -
Clan
Since 2013
I really liked the visual and sound effects of the weapons, less the hammer, no sound, and the missile projectile is tiny, I can almost see the sound, the rest was really cool, I loved it.:giggle:
It was really good, each weapon identifies itself now, peacemaker looking like a sniper to colt so you don’t even talk to that whole fire, it was amazing.

satoshiny

Reaction score
Server
America_5
Main Char
Satoshiny
Clan
Clan steel romero
I wish the showstopper was louder like a real shotgun when shooting :(

Funkeria

Reaction score
Server
America_4
Main Char
chunkyfunkycentro
Clan
am4 TwerkTeam
i now have ptsd, more lag and less hope. thank you:sneaky: (slight joke)

JEFE

Reaction score
Server
America_2
Main Char
Cupido
Clan
Strike Force
I have a suggestion for battles and pvps. Why didn't you implement the "slowness" mechanism again during a battle? For example, when we are in a pvp or war, both in our dinosaur and in opponent dinosaur, we continue with the same resistance, would be cool more if they were slow down again when we shoot them

Morty

Reaction score
Server
-----
Main Char
- Morty -
Clan
Since 2013
We have new visual effects on guns and its nice, can we have new visial effects, looks and movements on dinos now?
[/CITAR]
- I agree, it would be incredible, Example the t-rex's battle cry kind of scary, it would be very good.

Mercurio

Reaction score
Server
America_2
Main Char
xXBrenoGXx
Clan
-Bounty Hunters-
@Highway , what do you intend to do with skills that have extra useless power?
1st Parasaurus: your 2 abilities have extra powers that are useless.
2nd Peacemaker: canyon lightning, in theory a skill in which you have a greater chance of hitting the target, but in practice, it is useless and your second(Prey Maker) skill also needs an improvement, as it is not very useful against jumping dinos, because even paralyzed, they manage to "fly" and stun.
3rd Hammer: rocket launcher, where its power hits multiple targets, honestly this ability doesn't even serve for PvE.
4th Fire Pistol: Fire detonator, your ability also hits multiple targets, as I said, useless.
will these skills be replaced by better or improved ones?
Regarding the attributes of the clothes: will they also have balance? as currently, only clothing with a damage attribute is useful. the other attributes make virtually no difference, especially those of defense, shield, armor, agility and recovery. Give us a little spoiler ;)

Typer

Reaction score
Server
America_2
Main Char
xXCarlosGXx
Clan
Strike Force
Implants and Technologies that are useless:

Implants:

Weapon Rejection Implant:
(description): Grants a chance to temporarily ward off weapon damage from incoming attacks.

This implant is almost obsolete sometimes, because it cannot activate correctly, before if it activated because the cadence was higher than the current one, I would like them to give it even more usefulness, because they are one of the last missions of MM, and it should be ''good''

Screenshot_31.png

Claw Implant:
(description): Allows an additional chance to hit your additional targets at close range from the dinosaur.

The implant itself is useless for almost nothing, it cannot activate when it is placed in a slot, when attacking in a group it is useless at all since it does not manage to do enough damage to kill the NPCs

Screenshot_30.png

Fury Implant:
(description): Increases the extra power gain by converting damage taken.

This implant does not help to win or have an advantage over the extra power, since by not getting the opponent to do enough damage with the dinosaur, the 2 opponents gain extra at the same time, this is rubbish, for something it is called an implant of ' 'FURY' to gain an advantage over the extra power.

Screenshot_32.png

Heat regulation implant:
(description): Allow your dinosaur a chance not to be slowed down by either the cold or by dinosaur abilities.

The implant itself could be good, but unfortunately it does not work properly, in fact the agility implant is better since it can also dodge the enthronement and dinosaur abilities including bullets of your opponent.

Screenshot_33.png

Technologies:

Shock Technology:
(description): Provides an opportunity to empty the opponent's extra power bar `` with a hit '' (critical)

The technology is almost the same as the weapon rejection implant, the same, after the cadence update, the technology does not manage to activate due to the low cadence that there is, and I emphasize the '' Accurate hit '' I interpret it as a critic, but not even giving critics manages to activate.

Screenshot_34.png

Focus Technology:
(description): Increases the hit rate of the weapon.

The technology should be good because the Gatling weapon needs focus, but even by installing the technology it does not hit the targets with certainty, and in a PvP with a weapon with '' focus '' and another weapon with a different tech, Literally, the other weapon that has no focus wins easier, that is, there is no difference between a weapon that has focus and a weapon that does not have focus.

Screenshot_35.png

Freezing Technology:
(description): Provides a chance to apply an Enthronement effect to your target after successfully attacking them.

In theory the technology has good functionality, but a PvP practically does not activate or function correctly (it is very difficult for it to activate due to the low cadence), this is not a technology that has an OP ability, then, why the activation of its skill does not function as it should

Screenshot_35.png

Conclusion: the update where they changed the cadence due to the amount of "lag", affected some implants and technologies of the game, even changing the gameplay that already had before.

slejd2001

Reaction score
Server
Europe_3
Main Char
-R_3_V-3_N-A-N_T-
Clan
-I-Edgerunners-I-
Implants and Technologies that are useless:

Implants:

Weapon Rejection Implant:
(description): Grants a chance to temporarily ward off weapon damage from incoming attacks.

This implant is almost obsolete sometimes, because it cannot activate correctly, before if it activated because the cadence was higher than the current one, I would like them to give it even more usefulness, because they are one of the last missions of MM, and it should be ''good''

View attachment 38784

Claw Implant:
(description): Allows an additional chance to hit your additional targets at close range from the dinosaur.

The implant itself is useless for almost nothing, it cannot activate when it is placed in a slot, when attacking in a group it is useless at all since it does not manage to do enough damage to kill the NPCs

View attachment 38786

Fury Implant:
(description): Increases the extra power gain by converting damage taken.

This implant does not help to win or have an advantage over the extra power, since by not getting the opponent to do enough damage with the dinosaur, the 2 opponents gain extra at the same time, this is rubbish, for something it is called an implant of ' 'FURY' to gain an advantage over the extra power.

View attachment 38785

Heat regulation implant:
(description): Allow your dinosaur a chance not to be slowed down by either the cold or by dinosaur abilities.

The implant itself could be good, but unfortunately it does not work properly, in fact the agility implant is better since it can also dodge the enthronement and dinosaur abilities including bullets of your opponent.

Screenshot_33.png

Technologies:

Shock Technology:
(description): Provides an opportunity to empty the opponent's extra power bar `` with a hit '' (critical)

The technology is almost the same as the weapon rejection implant, the same, after the cadence update, the technology does not manage to activate due to the low cadence that there is, and I emphasize the '' Accurate hit '' I interpret it as a critic, but not even giving critics manages to activate.

Screenshot_34.png

Focus Technology:
(description): Increases the hit rate of the weapon.

The technology should be good because the Gatling weapon needs focus, but even by installing the technology it does not hit the targets with certainty, and in a PvP with a weapon with '' focus '' and another weapon with a different tech, Literally, the other weapon that has no focus wins easier, that is, there is no difference between a weapon that has focus and a weapon that does not have focus.

Screenshot_35.png

Freezing Technology:
(description): Provides a chance to apply an Enthronement effect to your target after successfully attacking them.

In theory the technology has good functionality, but a PvP practically does not activate or function correctly (it is very difficult for it to activate due to the low cadence), this is not a technology that has an OP ability, then, why the activation of its skill does not function as it should

Screenshot_35.png

Conclusion: the update where they changed the cadence due to the amount of "lag", affected some implants and technologies of the game, even changing the gameplay that already had before.
About reflection imp, fury(in english its rage) imp and shock tech kind of agree, but it only looks like useless bcs guns shoot slowly and deal big dmg, which makes you die fast from lower number of shots and dont recognize these effects, specialy if you fight in groups. Focus tech is fine, bcs if you put on gatling or yager it makes little difference since these guns already have focus, if you put it on st, which has almost no focus, you will feel difference. About rest i agree.

Highway

Splitscreen Studios
Reaction score
The balance, is it possible to balance the attributes of the clothes too?
what do you intend to do with skills that have extra useless power?
With the balancing adjustments we are looking into every aspect that shapes the combat balance. Apart from weapons and dinos this also includes clothing attributes, Implants/Modules. We dont shy away change a few skills here and there to make the game play more fun while having a good balanced at the same time. In the end it should be possible that you can use your prefered dino and weapon and compete against other dinos.

From the dev front we finally have a convincing model for the balance as a foundation that will characterise each dino into roles. Their skill set will be adjusted accordingly to further empathize their gameplay role/character. Our first approach did not work out as we had planned but we learned a few things for the current iteration. We keep you updated how we progress on it. :)

Meanwhile If you want to test the changes early on, before they go live you can apply as a tester here: https://forum.dinostorm.com/threads/we-need-testers.11720/

Status
Not open for further replies.