Sandysauce

Reaction score
Server
-----
Main Char
.fae.
Clan
Narokath said:
It does. "Duels with friends" trumps clan association and was indeed implemented because you guys brought it up. :)

So does that mean that i have to add every clan member i want to duel to my friends list in order to duel them?

Enix

Reaction score
Server
Europe_3
Main Char
Ryzen-X
Clan
GhostDivision
Sandysauce said:
Narokath said:
It does. "Duels with friends" trumps clan association and was indeed implemented because you guys brought it up. :)

So does that mean that i have to add every clan member i want to duel to my friends list in order to duel them?
Hello Sandysauce :),

No, it is not necessary to add them to friends as they are in the same clan as yours they are already allies... this feature is introduced to duel with allies...

Let me explain it properly :

Before the update -
1> You can duel with any player who is not in your friend list.
2> You can duel with any player who is in your friend list.
3> You cannot duel with any player of your clan.

After the update -
3>You can duel with any player of your clan But both of you must have this option enabled in your friends options.

Best Regards,
Pr0Ankit

Narokath

Splitscreen Studios
Reaction score
Pr0Ankit said:
Sandysauce said:
Narokath said:

Hello Sandysauce :),

No, it is not necessary to add them to friends as they are in the same clan as yours they are already allies... this feature is introduced to duel with allies...

Let me explain it properly :

Before the update -
3> You cannot duel with any player of your clan.

After the update -
3>You can duel with any player of your clan But both of you must have this option enabled in your friends options.

Best Regards,
Pr0Ankit
Unfortunately this is not correct. Sandysauce is right—the way we have implemented the feature you need to add players to your friends list if you want to duel them.

Enix

Reaction score
Server
Europe_3
Main Char
Ryzen-X
Clan
GhostDivision
Hello Narokath :),

Thank you for solving it out.. Big confusion... Sorry for that

Best Regards,
Pr0Ankit

MyDaRkNeSS

Reaction score
a good update would be that ANY player can buy lvl 25 rex and upgrade it(not with gold coins but finishing some tasks or with precious stones)

Sandysauce

Reaction score
Server
-----
Main Char
.fae.
Clan
MyDaRkNeSS said:
a good update would be that ANY player can buy lvl 25 rex and upgrade it(not with gold coins but finishing some tasks or with precious stones)

They need to make their money somehow so they can continue to run the game for us, giving everyone rex is not the answer because then no one would feel the need to buy gold coins.

Penryn Young

Reaction score
Hi :)
Will there still be 3 claims in each map? and will the gold u get from claims still be worth the same amount of fame as it does now?

Enix

Reaction score
Server
Europe_3
Main Char
Ryzen-X
Clan
GhostDivision
roxana-gabriela.mendoza-mosqueda said:
Hi would like to know when I will say it has proven to be a (Update) A long list .Thanks to see :)
Hello Roxana :),

Highway said:
Depends on how well the testing goes. Its scheduled on the beginning of 2016. We will keep you updated :)
http://forum.dinostorm.com/viewtopic.php?f=59&t=14583

Best Regards,
Pr0Ankit

PARTY_ROCK

Reaction score
Server
Europe_3
Main Char
PARTY_ROCK
Clan
GhostDivision
I have an idea for a new feature.
I call it a "Ally system", so basically you can ally other clans to creat a allyships, you can have multiple allies.
And you can't hit any of your allies exept using new duel system. :)

bachir46

Reaction score
PARTY_ROCK said:
I call it a "Ally system", so basically you can ally other clans to creat a allyships, you can have multiple allies.
good idea party

Reaction score
hello my name is cristian player america 3 am I wonder if they approximate date of when we can enjoy the proposed updates :?:

Enix

Reaction score
Server
Europe_3
Main Char
Ryzen-X
Clan
GhostDivision
cristian.cugnoni said:
hello my name is cristian player america 3 am I wonder if they approximate date of when we can enjoy the proposed updates :?:
Hello crisitan :),

Highway said:
Depends on how well the testing goes. Its scheduled on the beginning of 2016. We will keep you updated :)
http://forum.dinostorm.com/viewtopic.php?f=59&t=14583

Best Regards,
Pr0Ankit

Pideaux

Reaction score
Something else I'm curious about with the update.. (not really concerning it but just throwing this out there)... By chance, do you guys think along with this update you'll start updating the CHANGELOG again as well? I like knowing what you are doing when you update the game or tweek anything and this hasn't been TOUCHED since July of last year.

Reaction score
PARTY_ROCK said:
I told this already about allying clans and making enemies but no one agreed. :cry:

PARTY_ROCK

Reaction score
Server
Europe_3
Main Char
PARTY_ROCK
Clan
GhostDivision
mohammed.taqee said:
PARTY_ROCK said:
I told this already about allying clans and making enemies but no one agreed. :cry:
Oh, well then :cry:

Enix

Reaction score
Server
Europe_3
Main Char
Ryzen-X
Clan
GhostDivision
cristian.cugnoni said:
to release the update will soon, I am eager to test the updates. ;)
Hello Cristian :),

If you would like to take part in the testing , please read the rules and regulations here and also the requirements for a tester. If you fulfill the requirements you can send your application via Forum PM (Private Message) to GM Faye with correct application format and details. Good luck !

http://forum.dinostorm.com/viewtopic.php?f=256&t=14736

Best Regards,
Pr0Ankit

Highway

Splitscreen Studios
Reaction score
Ok we are very close to finalize the update and the testing runs really well. Here are perhaps the last changes for this update:

Changelog adjustments and additions
  • Limited the clan size to a maximum of 80 members. If a clan is already larger than that, it will downsize automatically once member slots are freed (e.g. by clan members leaving).
  • Limited the clan inventory to a maximum of 240 item slots. If a clan has unlocked a greater number of slots already, then the clan inventory will downsize automatically once items are removed.
  • Increased the stack size of clan boosters from 1 to 15 items.
  • After creating or joining a players will not be able to join or create another clan for full 3 days.
  • The inflicted damage output to units that are lower than the player are limited based on their strength, to even out level differences in pve as well.
  • Townhall application prices increased
  • Damage Boster that are dropped from mobs will have 250 items per drop instead of 25.
  • The inflicted damage output to units that are lower than the player are limited based on their strength, to even out level differences in pve as well.

! We are making a public stress test for the update where everyone can join and preview the update.
Check out the details here: http://forum.dinostorm.com/viewtopic.php?f=256&t=15501

Sandysauce

Reaction score
Server
-----
Main Char
.fae.
Clan
Highway said:
Limited the clan size to a maximum of 80 members. If a clan is already larger than that, it will downsize automatically once member slots are freed (e.g. by clan members leaving).

Okay so, we complained about it being too low so you lower it further? That's ridiculous. 160 was too low, and 80 is WAY too low.

Tyrannosaur Ryan

Reaction score
The inflicted damage output to units that are lower than the player are limited based on their strength, to even out level differences in pve as well.
I don't understand doing this in PvP or PvE. What's the point of leveling up if the benefit of being stronger is taken away? I know that it creates imbalance, but if you don't want that then why not just remove dino/gun levels all together?

Highway

Splitscreen Studios
Reaction score
Sandysauce said:
Okay so, we complained about it being too low so you lower it further? That's ridiculous. 160 was too low, and 80 is WAY too low.
This change is there for a reason. With the update we increased the complexity for a clan to be fairly managed & coordinated by its leaders. Having smaller clans will increases the bond that you have between the clan members instead just having raw numbers without anyone really knowing each other. Humans or numbers? ;)

There is a reason why schools around the world have between 15-50 pupils per class. The smaller the class the more efficiently it can be worked together. Therefore we choose that 80 members per clan is sufficient to have enough players that are online to make some action.

I can understand that you need to rethink and restructure your current clan but we think that you can benefit from this change. Even then, you still can make side clans you ally with and make contracts for buildings etc. Its up to you and your clan how you will manage that.

Highway

Splitscreen Studios
Reaction score
Tyrannosaur Ryan said:
The inflicted damage output to units that are lower than the player are limited based on their strength, to even out level differences in pve as well.
I don't understand doing this in PvP or PvE. What's the point of leveling up if the benefit of being stronger is taken away? I know that it creates imbalance, but if you don't want that then why not just remove dino/gun levels all together?
You will still own low level players and mobs, since they only scratch your HP. This change only limits your damage output inflicted to your targets when the level difference is quite high.
We introduced this to maintain the fun playing together with lower level players while playing group quests. (Currently low level bosses can be killed with one shot by level 40 players)

Pideaux

Reaction score
Highway said:
Tyrannosaur Ryan said:
You will still own low level players and mobs, since they only scratch your HP. This change only limits your damage output inflicted to your targets when the level difference is quite high.
We introduced this to maintain the fun playing together with lower level players while playing group quests. (Currently low level bosses can be killed with one shot by level 40 players)

Ahhhh ok. I like this then in regards to PVE. It sucks not being able to help low levels because I obliterate everything instantly. Not really liking the change to PVP though.

Highway

Splitscreen Studios
Reaction score
Don't worry, in PVP it has only marginally changed to whats currently working on the live servers.

Sandysauce

Reaction score
Server
-----
Main Char
.fae.
Clan
Highway said:
Sandysauce said:
This change is there for a reason. With the update we increased the complexity for a clan to be fairly managed & coordinated by its leaders. Having smaller clans will increases the bond that you have between the clan members instead just having raw numbers without anyone really knowing each other. Humans or numbers? ;)

There is a reason why schools around the world have between 15-50 pupils per class. The smaller the class the more efficiently it can be worked together. Therefore we choose that 80 members per clan is sufficient to have enough players that are online to make some action.

I can understand that you need to rethink and restructure your current clan but we think that you can benefit from this change. Even then, you still can make side clans you ally with and make contracts for buildings etc. Its up to you and your clan how you will manage that.
My point isn't exactly humans v numbers, i have no problem conversing with 300+ clan members. My point is the way the game mechanics work, it is to your advantage to hold the whole map, in larger servers (Ie: Am1, Asia1, AM5) 80 members is not enough to hold the entire map. 80 may suffice for small servers such as the euro servers, but it won't do for the larger servers. You're just going to make more and more clans, and more and more conflict thus making droves of people flee the servers in search for one that is more peaceful, which in turn makes those servers not peaceful and repeats the process until finally players quit.

But I mean, whats my opinion, i'm just a person whose played since the level cap was 20 ;)

Highway

Splitscreen Studios
Reaction score
We changed a lot of the game mechanics to make the fights around fame more fair and rewarding when multiple clans are participating. There will be more battles with more clans but they will spread around the maps more, since every site is important and not just the claims.
Since we changed the old mechanics we are able to introduce proper size limits to round up the whole thing. We are really looking forward to this changes on the live servers evolve. It will need some time and clans need to adapt to it. Thanks for giving out your honest opinion on that topic.

Pideaux

Reaction score
Question. Does DS plan on improving their overall server performance with these updates? I'm sorry, I know you guys worked hard on these things. But there are things in DS that you should make a priority. Updates help no one when people can not play the game because of your slow servers...

Sandysauce

Reaction score
Server
-----
Main Char
.fae.
Clan
Pideaux said:
Question. Does DS plan on improving their overall server performance with these updates? I'm sorry, I know you guys worked hard on these things. But there are things in DS that you should make a priority. Updates help no one when people can not play the game because of your slow servers...

THIS. JUST SO MUCH. When I log in/switch instances I should not have such awful lag that this:

happens. EVERY time. I cannot see clan chat, or anything. Its only recently that its gotten to the point that I can't zone without it happening.

Status
Not open for further replies.