What's new

[UPDATED] The Dev Shack #05 – A Long, Long List of Changes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pideaux

Reaction score
Also, this may have been mentioned but I'm not sure and I don't really want to read everything again. But I know the maps and map locations will be changing... will the instances of maps remain the same?

"Added the ability to see all other maps and map instances from the current zone map window."
Heyoo - Would this possibly mean that we can see when buildings are attacked when we aren't in the map being attacked? :v - I know it's unlikely but oh, how sweet it would be.

Reaction score
Please do not change the time for auto-recovery. I really like these updates. When will these changes be implemented?

shaa.shaa

Reaction score
phew lov to see new updates bored by playing the old ds im happly wid dese updates

PARTY_ROCK

Reaction score
Server
Europe_3
Main Char
PARTY_ROCK
Clan
GhostDivision
Hi all,

I have a question about this topic Supply Camp and Teleporting Overhaul.
Will the maps be changed, I was looking into picture in this topic and in map of acual mokon woods into the game. I noticed some differences.

Best regards

PARTY_ROCK

PARTY_ROCK

Reaction score
Server
Europe_3
Main Char
PARTY_ROCK
Clan
GhostDivision
Is that bug that he does 10k damage on lvl 40 with strength on lvl 40? I did't knew that was bug, I thought that was part of carnos mechanics.

Highway

Splitscreen Studios
Reaction score
Rega Aliu said:
... what we need to do to unlock dino's gun's implant's and tech's ? complete 25 mission from each different mission-giver ?
The items are unlocked through the NPCs that give you the quests. You need to play a certain amount of quests to finish the NPC to get access to the items in the stores in dinoville.

Pideaux said:
I love the 'Right Hand' idea.. but could you at least put them nearly par with the leader and enable them to also remove officer status?.
The "Right Hand" is exacly like that. He is ranked between the Leader and the officer (Leader -> Right Hand -> Officer -> Member) and has almost all rights as the Leader has, except that he can't close the clan or promote other "Right Hand" players.

Pideaux said:
But I know the maps and map locations will be changing... will the instances of maps remain the same?
Its not certain that all the instances stay open since the site buildings are unsupplied and all the players are move to dinoville after the first time when the update is deployed.

Pideaux said:
"Added the ability to see all other maps and map instances from the current zone map window."
Heyoo - Would this possibly mean that we can see when buildings are attacked when we aren't in the map being attacked?
Yes that will be possible now ;). Through the new Zonemap you can go switch to all the maps and instances from anywhere you want with additional and useful informations.

PARTY_ROCK said:
I have a question about this topic Supply Camp and Teleporting Overhaul.
Will the maps be changed, I was looking into picture in this topic and in map of acual mokon woods into the game. I noticed some differences.
Yes all the maps are changed to fit the new structure. There will be new NPCs, Locations etc.

Thanks for all the feedback! But please post your feedback/ideas that unreleated to this Dev Shack in the corresponding "Feedback" Forum sections. Thanks :)

PARTY_ROCK

Reaction score
Server
Europe_3
Main Char
PARTY_ROCK
Clan
GhostDivision
Thank you for answering :D

jessi

Reaction score
Mojen zusammen :)
Was passiert mit den Medallien und dem Gold, das jetzt schon bei den Spielern im Lager ist :?: Vor allem, das was bei den alten Sheriff´s noch gelagert ist. Wird es da eine Möglichkeit geben das in´s Clan-Inv zu verschieben :?:

Good morning @ all :)
What will happen with the medals and the gold which is right now at the players warehouse :?: Espacially the gold which is at the old sheriff´s warehouse. will it be possible to transfer the stuff into the clan-inventory :?:

Highway

Splitscreen Studios
Reaction score
jessi said:
What will happen with the medals and the gold which is right now at the players warehouse :?: Espacially the gold which is at the old sheriff´s warehouse. will it be possible to transfer the stuff into the clan-inventory :?:
It will not be possible to transfer fame items back into the clan inventory when they already passed to a player. Fame items are transfered by this order only: Site(Building) -> Clan Inventory -> Player Inventory. So all the current fame items will also stay where they are stored after the update has been deployed.

Danny99s

Reaction score
Server
Europe_1
Main Char
Danny99s
Clan
Greek Aces
After update, the building protection power gells will remain in game? If yes, that means them can be used like supplies( by every clan member) and every building held by that clan will last longer?

Sandysauce

Reaction score
Server
-----
Main Char
.fae.
Clan
Highway said:
Pideaux said:
But I know the maps and map locations will be changing... will the instances of maps remain the same?
Its not certain that all the instances stay open since the site buildings are unsupplied and all the players are move to dinoville after the first time when the update is deployed.

I can already see this making servers that are peaceful have all hell break loose. Like America_1 for example, we have 7 clans. 7 map instances. Each clan has a map instance, all is peaceful, if we lose even one the balance will be disrupted. I don't quite understand what you mean by "since the site buildings are unsupplied" and how that has much to do with if the instances will be open or closed?

Enix

Reaction score
Server
Europe_3
Main Char
Ryzen-X
Clan
GhostDivision
Rega Aliu said:
what is this NPC ? i dont understand
Hello,

NPC means Non-Playable Character which are spread all around the map with blue exclamation marks. They provide you quests so that you can earn XP.

Thanks and Best Regards,
Pr0Ankit

Reaction score
Sandysauce said:
Highway said:
Pideaux said:

I can already see this making servers that are peaceful have all hell break loose. Like America_1 for example, we have 7 clans. 7 map instances. Each clan has a map instance, all is peaceful, if we lose even one the balance will be disrupted. I don't quite understand what you mean by "since the site buildings are unsupplied" and how that has much to do with if the instances will be open or closed?
What do you mean by zone instances?

Enix

Reaction score
Server
Europe_3
Main Char
Ryzen-X
Clan
GhostDivision
Hello,

Zone instances are the mirror copy of a map. They are created automatically to reduce pressure on the server. Suppose in Dinoville you have two instance DV 155 and DV 2. These two instances are created so that the players can get distributed in both the instances so as to reduce the load and crowd in market or townhall,etc

Thanks and Best Regards,
Pr0Ankit

Enix

Reaction score
Server
Europe_3
Main Char
Ryzen-X
Clan
GhostDivision
Hello,

Yes, it maybe possisble. Suppose you are standing at townhall in dv 155 and your friend is also standing at townhall but in dv 2 so you can't see him/her.

Thanks and Best Regards,
Pr0Ankit

Narokath

Splitscreen Studios
Reaction score
Sandysauce said:
I can already see this making servers that are peaceful have all hell break loose. Like America_1 for example, we have 7 clans. 7 map instances. Each clan has a map instance, all is peaceful, if we lose even one the balance will be disrupted.
Honestly we are looking forward to this :) We have spent a lot of time to improve PvP mechanics and would love to see you guys have fun fighting for Claims and Travel Gates!

Pideaux

Reaction score
I accept your challenge and raise you a "Pffff.. you don't know AM1 ;D We will prevail!"

Also, is there any way you can assure my old, weary heart that those of us that gained fame twice already (once to win rex and then a second time to win monument (when clearly that achievement should have been simply given to those of us who had won before since technically we did accomplish it)) will not have to do so a third time for some unforeseen "surprise"?

Sandysauce

Reaction score
Server
-----
Main Char
.fae.
Clan
Narokath said:
Honestly we are looking forward to this :) We have spent a lot of time to improve PvP mechanics and would love to see you guys have fun fighting for Claims and Travel Gates!
Pideaux said:
I accept your challenge and raise you a "Pffff.. you don't know AM1 ;D We will prevail!"

Also, is there any way you can assure my old, weary heart that those of us that gained fame twice already (once to win rex and then a second time to win monument (when clearly that achievement should have been simply given to those of us who had won before since technically we did accomplish it)) will not have to do so a third time for some unforeseen "surprise"?
yeah i agree w/ pid about the you don't know AM1 lol

Player

Reaction score
So if I receive gold coins from NPCs and after some quests I won't receive any that means the next day we can win again gold coins or we have to do only once quests to receive gold coins ?

Narokath

Splitscreen Studios
Reaction score
Player said:
So if I receive gold coins from NPCs and after some quests I won't receive any that means the next day we can win again gold coins or we have to do only once quests to receive gold coins ?
Any NPC can only be completed once, but it takes some time to do so (and get all the Gold Coins out of that NPC).

Pideaux

Reaction score
Can we get any sort of an idea of when to expect this update to be released? Even if it's a little vague, I'll take it!

Highway

Splitscreen Studios
Reaction score
The updates will be released when the test phase has been finished. Since there are lot of changes, there is also a lot that needs to be tested :mrgreen:. We also changed more stuff based on your feedback. Soon there will be an changelog update posted here. Stay Tuned!

Status
Not open for further replies.