What's new

Feedback Wanted: Site Conflict Adjustments (3.2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pleiadian

Reaction score
Server
America_1
Main Char
Rembrandt.
Clan
-
The argument about ranged combat is very valid.

This new adrenaline update will discourage the use of long range weapon such as Peacemaker, Hammer even Runner class will be not that useful anymore.

In the end, it will be either Tanks, Damage dealer or All Rounder class.

The overalls implementation needs adjustments.

You're making a valuable sacrifice for a small addition which will restrict the gameplay to close combat only.

I believe that the problem would be solved by enlarging the perimeter of the Site. Because many Sites overlap with object such as walls or rivers.

itzmee

Reaction score
Server
Europe_1
Main Char
DinoKing
Clan
Fekete lovag

This new adrenaline update will discourage the use of long range weapon such as Peacemaker, Hammer even Runner class will be not that useful anymore.

You're making a valuable sacrifice for a small addition which will restrict the gameplay to close combat only.

I believe that the problem would be solved by enlarging the perimeter of the Site. Because many Sites overlap with object such as walls or rivers.
I though game called As dino storm and not gun storm I guess we need to change it

Alewx

Splitscreen Studios
Reaction score
I gonna upgrade all the buildings on the PTR so that you guys can actually see what the difference it makes due to the increased HP that it provides.

Czarna

Reaction score
Server
Europe_4
Main Char
Czarna
Clan
- Eternal -

Not exactly. The new Adrenaline buff simply gives a slight advantage to players that are already present near the site over players that are walking towards it.

Let's say that player A is the player in the circle and player B is walking towards him from a different site. Player A can position himself at the edge of the circle, keeping the buff. Now if player B is using a close range build he will try to close the distance to player A as fast as possible and gain the Adrenaline buff. Meanwhile, as player B gets in range, player A starts shooting him, so player B likely shoots back. For a short period of time player B is dealing less damage than player A, giving player A a minor advantage.

Now if player B chose a range build, his situation is far worse. If player A stays at the edge of the circle, he can zone out player B from entering it without risking getting a direct hit on his body in close range. This can often result in a loss for a range build (regardless of the Adrenaline buff), especially if player B gets hit with Brutal Bite from Rex and loses most of his hp.

If the circle gets larger and player A knows from which direction player B is approaching (either he can see him or deduce it from sites that can be used to travel) he would still be able to position himself at the edge of the circle, therefore denying safe entry to ranged players. The exception would be if the circle extended to a different pathway, or behind a wall but it would also be more confusing to defend such a site if attackers decided to drain from an unconventional position.

Alewx

Splitscreen Studios
Reaction score
If the circle is increased it would make it more vulnerable as on the otherside players could entere it and attack the building, so in the end 1:1 is simply not a really well working strategy for building fights.

-Kiwi-

Reaction score
Server
Europe_1
Main Char
..kiwilicious..
Clan
F O U N D
If the circle is increased it would make it more vulnerable as on the otherside players could entere it and attack the building, so in the end 1:1 is simply not a really well working strategy for building fights.
how about instead of limiting the buff to the drain circle,why not apply it as an entire area of effect around the building in a bigger circle?

-Kiwi-

Reaction score
Server
Europe_1
Main Char
..kiwilicious..
Clan
F O U N D
how about instead of limiting the buff to the drain circle,why not apply it as an entire area of effect around the building in a bigger circle?
keeping the drain circle and the buff circle different

Mania

Reaction score
Server
America_2
Main Char
-I- Mercy -I-
Clan
Peace Walkers
Sounds like another bad idea. Do you imagine this in your head as? why do some people hunt only for dds when another player gets both, especially for a large server like eu-1
i mean, how often realistically do the gold bandits spawn? i usually get maybe 5-6 per claim if that. you aren't going to be making millions of dds by getting a junk loot drop or two. i quite like the idea of getting some junk drops every now and then from bandits.

Alewx

Splitscreen Studios
Reaction score
i mean, how often realistically do the gold bandits spawn? i usually get maybe 5-6 per claim if that. you aren't going to be making millions of dds by getting a junk loot drop or two. i quite like the idea of getting some junk drops every now and then from bandits.
There is barely a time they do not spawn on me, I just have no luck with RNG :(

Mania

Reaction score
Server
America_2
Main Char
-I- Mercy -I-
Clan
Peace Walkers
There is barely a time they do not spawn on me, I just have no luck with RNG :(
i have that issue when a lot of gold spawns for sure. it gets a little frustrating. :sweatgrinning: but most of the time it's not too bad. rng issues i suppose!

Czarna

Reaction score
Server
Europe_4
Main Char
Czarna
Clan
- Eternal -
They already provide two resources - fame and basic boosters (in a much higher quantity than regular mobs). If they could be used to farm dds as well, why would anyone choose to farm anything besides those fame-hungry bandits? There are many opportunities to mine the gold ores freely while other players are occupied (as they need to split their time between farming dds and fame). If gold-obsessed bandits started filling all niches, the competition for them would increase significantly.

Mania

Reaction score
Server
America_2
Main Char
-I- Mercy -I-
Clan
Peace Walkers
They already provide two resources - fame and basic boosters (in a much higher quantity than regular mobs). If they could be used to farm dds as well, why would anyone choose to farm anything besides those fame-hungry bandits? There are many opportunities to mine the gold ores freely while other players are occupied (as they need to split their time between farming dds and fame). If gold-obsessed bandits started filling all niches, the competition for them would increase significantly.
well, it wouldn't be a reliable way of farming dds like killing smilos near otis is. like alewx said, the bandits spawning is already rng as it is and some people have good or bad rng. plus, it's further rng dependent that they'll drop something besides gold. plus you'll like only get one junk drop item, if that. so the amount of junk you'd get in a full run of claims is significantly less than you'd get just killing smilos and it would be a worse use of your farming time. :) it's just an idea that seemed nice. it doesn't make or break either way.

Hardwell

Reaction score
Server
America_2
Main Char
ZEUS
Clan
SHADOWS
A gold obsessed bandit that don't drop gold coin 🤭 something is wrong xD drop gold loot inside is x 5 gc inside hahahah people will start using the mining PvE mechanics 😂😂😂

Pleiadian

Reaction score
Server
America_1
Main Char
Rembrandt.
Clan
-
But you helped prove my point even further, and you even gave a situation where the battle would be unfair.

The new Adrenaline buff simply gives a slight advantage to players that are already present near the site over players that are walking towards it.
What will happen if I kill an attacker, that attacker spawns at another Site, then proceeds to drain it before defenders reach there?

To even make it worse, let's take the situation you've given.

Let's say that player A is the player in the circle and player B is walking towards him from a different site. Player A can position himself at the edge of the circle, keeping the buff. Now if player B is using a close range build he will try to close the distance to player A as fast as possible and gain the Adrenaline buff. Meanwhile, as player B gets in range, player A starts shooting him, so player B likely shoots back. For a short period of time player B is dealing less damage than player A, giving player A a minor advantage.
So based on those situations,
  1. The ranged combinations will be less used. Peacemaker and Runner class will simply be not used at all.
  2. The player that reaches the Site first obtains the Buff and thus is already dealing incredible damage to the defender that is still trying to reach it.
So by what account is his a fair battle? Attackers is at a massive disadvantaged because defenders would already positioned themselves before attackers appear.

Alewx

Splitscreen Studios
Reaction score
dealing incredible damage
pls stopp calling it increased or incredible damage, because it simply is not true, it is just the total normal damage you always get in pvp.

-Kiwi-

Reaction score
Server
Europe_1
Main Char
..kiwilicious..
Clan
F O U N D
But you helped prove my point even further, and you even gave a situation where the battle would be unfair.

What will happen if I kill an attacker, that attacker spawns at another Site, then proceeds to drain it before defenders reach there?

1. The ranged combinations will be less used. Peacemaker and Runner class will simply be not used at all.
  2. The player that reaches the Site first obtains the Buff and thus is already dealing incredible damage to the defender that is still trying to reach it.
So by what account is his a fair battle? Attackers is at a massive disadvantaged because defenders would already positioned themselves before attackers appear.

as i said,i think the best solution is to simply make an even bigger circle that grants the buff in an aoe,separate from the drain circle and it outranges it making it so the buff cant be camped

SPA

Reaction score
Server
Europe_1
Main Char
@I1 E 4 E H 9l T 0 P
Clan
CHILL_ZONE
as i said,i think the best solution is to simply make an even bigger circle that grants the buff in an aoe,separate from the drain circle and it outranges it making it so the buff cant be camped
ok, if the defender's attack on the attacker in a circle (and vice versa) will give a buff and
it will be like getting the duelist vs duelist label in normal realities, in theory this is a neutral idea for attackers and defenders at the same time and allows players also to use a long range

Czarna

Reaction score
Server
Europe_4
Main Char
Czarna
Clan
- Eternal -
My reply was mostly meant to expand on your post, not try to invalidate it.

I could potentially see a ranged build (Peacemaker, range, freezer) working for players that are already present inside of the circle. Slowing down the opponent from reaching the circle to obtain the buff and dealing consistent damage. If everyone is building for close range you would likely be able to damage your opponent a lot before he is able to get the buff. Could use some testing.

-Kiwi-

Reaction score
Server
Europe_1
Main Char
..kiwilicious..
Clan
F O U N D
ok, if the defender's attack on the attacker in a circle (and vice versa) will give a buff and
it will be like getting the duelist vs duelist label in normal realities, in theory this is a neutral idea for attackers and defenders at the same time and allows players also to use a long range
you forget that only the defending clan will get the buff,and the clan that made the gate red will get it

-Kiwi-

Reaction score
Server
Europe_1
Main Char
..kiwilicious..
Clan
F O U N D
doesnt change how the buff works or anything,just makes the fighting area bigger and since the buff expires in 10 secs it cant be abused by making the area a bit bigger

SPA

Reaction score
Server
Europe_1
Main Char
@I1 E 4 E H 9l T 0 P
Clan
CHILL_ZONE
you forget that only the defending clan will get the buff,and the clan that made the gate red will get it
this was also taken into account in my proposal, if you think about it, I just briefly outlined the idea

Pleiadian

Reaction score
Server
America_1
Main Char
Rembrandt.
Clan
-
I could potentially see a ranged build (Peacemaker, range, freezer) working for players that are already present inside of the circle. Slowing down the opponent from reaching the circle to obtain the buff and dealing consistent damage. If everyone is building for close range you would likely be able to damage your opponent a lot before he is able to get the buff.
To top it off, might I add.

It's providing unfair advantage to the player that reaches the Site radius first. And there's no equal ground to fight on.

So it's really both the attackers and the defenders that might be negatively affected— depending who reaches the circle last, but attackers more affected since there's always a large number of defenders that overwhelms the attackers.

-Kiwi-

Reaction score
Server
Europe_1
Main Char
..kiwilicious..
Clan
F O U N D

It's providing unfair advantage to the player that reaches the Site radius first. And there's no equal ground to fight on.

So it's really both the attackers and the defenders that might be negatively affected— depending who reaches the circle last, but attackers more affected since there's always a large number of defenders that overwhelms the attackers.
i think it makes it makes it harder for defenders,despite the defenders usually outnumbering attackers,they usally will either split too much or concentrate on a couple gates making it so attackers are usually the first to the gate anyways since not alot of people will camp a green gate unless too many are already red

-Kiwi-

Reaction score
Server
Europe_1
Main Char
..kiwilicious..
Clan
F O U N D
though it wont matter who gets to the gate first etc,if the area where you can get the buff from,is too big to get camped in the first place

SPA

Reaction score
Server
Europe_1
Main Char
@I1 E 4 E H 9l T 0 P
Clan
CHILL_ZONE

r
I suggested the above idea, I hope for support, atack on defender-owner (atacker) in circle giving boost for atacker (defender-owner), that mean pure pvp between them, so, atacker can get also boost even not in circle, then ally clans do less dmg

Pleiadian

Reaction score
Server
America_1
Main Char
Rembrandt.
Clan
-
But will it solve the problem?

here is the picture incase you dont want to click the link
Taking back your situation, if you were the last one to reach the area that gives you buff, you would still be at a disadvantage, increasing the radius might help but the problem would still exist.

However, I think that if there were a clear list of enemies, then this Adrenaline Buff would work without problem. Somebody proposed the idea of "declaring a clan as enemies" and then it will be 1v1 clan. From an initial impression that does looks like it's a better way of implementing the Adrenaline Buff.

-Kiwi-

Reaction score
Server
Europe_1
Main Char
..kiwilicious..
Clan
F O U N D
But will it solve the problem?

Taking back your situation, if you were the last one to reach the area that gives you buff, you would still be at a disadvantage, increasing the radius might help but the problem would still exist.

However, I think that if there were a clear list of enemies, then this Adrenaline Buff would work without problem. Somebody proposed the idea of "declaring a clan as enemies" and then it will be 1v1 clan. From an initial impression that does looks like it's a better way of implementing the Adrenaline Buff.
i personally think that,if the buff can be obtained before you reach the drain circle,then there is no way its gonna get camped,keeping the buff circle and the drain circle separate solves alewx issue where he said that if they make the drain gate bigger its gonna be harder to defend,this wont matter if there are 2 different circles

-Kiwi-

Reaction score
Server
Europe_1
Main Char
..kiwilicious..
Clan
F O U N D
as the attackers/defenders will be already present inside the drain circle either healing or attacking,anyone if the buff can be granted before you can enter the drain circle then there wont be any problem since the buff will outrange the player's gun range

Status
Not open for further replies.