What's new

Feedback Wanted: Site Conflict Adjustments (3.2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

SPA

Reaction score
Server
Europe_1
Main Char
@I1 E 4 E H 9l T 0 P
Clan
CHILL_ZONE
my idea also offers the attackers the opportunity to get another advantage, as long as someone is alive on the attack of the attacking gate, then other dead attackers will be able to reach even the attacked gate with x4 less dmg from another clans, this brings the clans closer to 1v1

SPA

Reaction score
Server
Europe_1
Main Char
@I1 E 4 E H 9l T 0 P
Clan
CHILL_ZONE
in general, each idea has some loopholes, but perhaps my proposed idea could be adjusted somehow @Highway

Alewx

Splitscreen Studios
Reaction score
@Alewx wont it better to make the buff last 45 secs-1m to avoid the scenario i mentioned before?
or you tap in and out of the circle, i understand that it is not ideal in case of a far range setup but when you are just miles away from the building, it is also not really "fair" to call you defender when the attacker is within the circle.

My proopsal is to increase range of the circle a bit more.

-Kiwi-

Reaction score
Server
Europe_1
Main Char
..kiwilicious..
Clan
F O U N D
or you tap in and out of the circle, i understand that it is not ideal in case of a far range setup but when you are just miles away from the building, it is also not really "fair" to call you defender when the attacker is within the circle.

My proopsal is to increase range of the circle a bit more.
i dont mind taping in and out of the circle if it didnt mean taking a bleed or a battle cry miss to the face that can change the entire fight

Alewx

Splitscreen Studios
Reaction score
i dont mind taping in and out of the circle if it didnt mean taking a bleed or a battle cry miss to the face that can change the entire fight
A battlecry would send you into the distance anyway unless you are stability fan. But that is the risk of a fight that you can get hit.

the issue isnt with group fights,but a 1v1
Also how often does it really occur that you fight someone at a building ina 1:1.

-Kiwi-

Reaction score
Server
Europe_1
Main Char
..kiwilicious..
Clan
F O U N D
A battlecry would send you into the distance anyway unless you are stability fan. But that is the risk of a fight that you can get hit.
if i get hit cuz of my mistake thats totally fine,but if i get hit cuz for some weird reason cuz the game decided that the way my dino works gonna put me in a forced hit is kinda lame,the same thing could apply if i was the attacker,what if i was the attacker using a far range dino and a defender with rex comes to defend? i will be forced to temporarily leave the circle to kill him first,sure i might lose a couple seconds of drain time but if i stay in that circle with him,good chance he will mop the floor with me making me die wasting time and potentially even making me lose the gate

-Kiwi-

Reaction score
Server
Europe_1
Main Char
..kiwilicious..
Clan
F O U N D

Also how often does it really occur that you fight someone at a building ina 1:1.
you would actually be surprised how many times sometimes a 1v1 decides the fate of a gate

-Kiwi-

Reaction score
Server
Europe_1
Main Char
..kiwilicious..
Clan
F O U N D
the thing about using a far range dino against a rex is that taking an early skill hit could just simply make you lose,sure you could recover from it but that if you get hit once with the skill and manage to get away,imagine that because the buff system you absolutely cant get away meaning you will absolutely eat all the skills and even eat multiple normal rex hits,for my dino who cant even compete with a rex damage upclose it seems like a heavily unwinnable fight for me,no matter if i am an attacker or a defender

Alewx

Splitscreen Studios
Reaction score
the thing about using a far range dino against a rex is that taking an early skill hit could just simply make you lose,sure you could recover from it but that if you get hit once with the skill and manage to get away,imagine that because the buff system you absolutely cant get away meaning you will absolutely eat all the skills and even eat multiple normal rex hits,for my dino who cant even compete with a rex damage upclose it seems like a heavily unwinnable fight for me,no matter if i am an attacker or a defender
Atm you are fighting a Coelo^^

-Kiwi-

Reaction score
Server
Europe_1
Main Char
..kiwilicious..
Clan
F O U N D
yeah,the situation i mentioned happened 2 hours ago,i just opened again for more testing

SPA

Reaction score
Server
Europe_1
Main Char
@I1 E 4 E H 9l T 0 P
Clan
CHILL_ZONE
btw, rex I found out on ptr dies pretty easily against centro with colt in close

-Kiwi-

Reaction score
Server
Europe_1
Main Char
..kiwilicious..
Clan
F O U N D
as you can see i am in gun range but outside the circle,he has the advantage on me cuz the moment i step in the circle to try and retake the buff he will use a skill on me making me either choose to lose the fight or run away and lose the gate

-Kiwi-

Reaction score
Server
Europe_1
Main Char
..kiwilicious..
Clan
F O U N D
here is the picture incase you dont want to click the link

Attachments

-Kiwi-

Reaction score
Server
Europe_1
Main Char
..kiwilicious..
Clan
F O U N D
i do realise that he is also an attacker,but i couldnt find a defender that attacked me with a rex for the life of me

Isabella16

Reaction score
Server
America_5
Main Char
- K a r o l -
Clan
-Gladiadores-
I tried the portal defense, I liked the defense, but why does the healing have a fixed and low number?
to defend if you can, but a group of brachys in a pack would be difficult to take down, even using the potential of the x4. In a 2x1 you don't really notice that buff from the defenders, but from the attackers.

Alewx

Splitscreen Studios
Reaction score
I tried the portal defense, I liked the defense, but why does the healing have a fixed and low number?
to defend if you can, but a group of brachys in a pack would be difficult to take down, even using the potential of the x4. In a 2x1 you don't really notice that buff from the defenders, but from the attackers.
There is and will be no 4 times damage!
If the defender has the Buff and you have the Buff for attacking then you recieve the very same damage as regular play.

Pleiadian

Reaction score
Server
America_1
Main Char
Rembrandt.
Clan
-
It will require you to get back in to get buff too, but that sounds like a 1:1 scenario.
Haven't checked this scenario yet, since protected phase in the PTR.

But despite it being a 1:1 scenario, it is not really a fair fight. If one player has a buff and the others do not.

It makes the overall PvP battle unbalanced in that case, doesn't it?

Very common in the hours where there's not much defenders.

-Kiwi-

Reaction score
Server
Europe_1
Main Char
..kiwilicious..
Clan
F O U N D

But despite it being a 1:1 scenario, it is not really a fair fight. If one player has a buff and the others do not.

it will matter i guess in 1v1s or 2v2s? more than that it wont matter cuz everyone will fight as a group and you will see people not caring if you are close range or far range,but in a 1v1 scenario on a gate,i am pretty sure rex takes the cake out of all dinos,with rex players usally having to chase far range dinos to beat them,now its either the far range dinos go head first into a rex or they lose,and if they go head first good chance they will lose as well....

Alewx

Splitscreen Studios
Reaction score
If you are not engaging in the fight for the building, then why should you get a buff?
The intent is you are fighting for the building with attackers and defenders and then are on equal footing, but outsiders that do not fight for the building do have less influence in the fight overall unless they actually engage in an attack or defence.

Alewx

Splitscreen Studios
Reaction score
it will matter i guess in 1v1s or 2v2s? more than that it wont matter cuz everyone will fight as a group and you will see people not caring if you are close range or far range,but in a 1v1 scenario on a gate,i am pretty sure rex takes the cake out of all dinos,with rex players usally having to chase far range dinos to beat them,now its either the far range dinos go head first into a rex or they lose,and if they go head first good chance they will lose as well....
During testing i managed to slay rex player multiple times with my carno, rex is not the win it all thing.

Hardwell

Reaction score
Server
America_2
Main Char
ZEUS
Clan
SHADOWS
:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: i think the devs want yall to be drainers toooo and drain the remaining gates that arent recently reclaimed. if mapholders can continue retaining high healing power you could abuse the alliance privellege and call for back up to zone the KOS and heal the gate without any effort :3

-Kiwi-

Reaction score
Server
Europe_1
Main Char
..kiwilicious..
Clan
F O U N D
During testing i managed to slay rex player multiple times with my carno, rex is not the win it all thing.
oh yeah i just thought i didnt need to mention carno because it acts the same as a rex in this scenario

-Kiwi-

Reaction score
Server
Europe_1
Main Char
..kiwilicious..
Clan
F O U N D
and what you said is very true,rex isnt always the winner,on the contrary its very easy to kill but during a 1:1 scenario on a gate,with the limited range of the buff system it absolutely gives a huge boost for rex players against far range dinos,what i am talking about wont matter in a rex vs rex or a carno vs rex situation because those 2 dinos require you to be close to ur enemy anyways so they wont have to worry about the buff

SPA

Reaction score
Server
Europe_1
Main Char
@I1 E 4 E H 9l T 0 P
Clan
CHILL_ZONE

I also suggested the idea above which should help everyone, need just 1 atacker/defender player should step on circle and all atackers or defenders getting pernament boost when they staying in circle and losing if they not in circle within 1 minute. I will add that this works in the neighborhoods of the nearby gates from atacked gate for spawn and run in circle I do not know if I am being understood correctly, to be honest, what I mean

Pleiadian

Reaction score
Server
America_1
Main Char
Rembrandt.
Clan
-
If you are not engaging in the fight for the building, then why should you get a buff?
I am taking the same situation from @-Kiwi- post. Not a third party.

His situation mentioned that ranged battles are nullified because his opponent had buff while he was inside the circle, while he (the defender) was outside, so no buff for him. Making this PvP between the attackers and defenders unfair in some way.

maybe to fix that then we could have a bigger zone for applying the buff,where you dont need to be in the circle but the buff gets applied to you in a larger zone,because the idea of having to to completely stay glued to the circle makes it so certain dinos just have a full disadvantage against rex or carno
And that's a good point.

Staying at one position and just taking hits from the Damage Dealer class wouldn't be appropriate. Doesn't leave enough room to fight the way the players want. Restrictive in a way.

Having a larger zone to apply the buff is the only way to make Ranged battle possible.

SPA

Reaction score
Server
Europe_1
Main Char
@I1 E 4 E H 9l T 0 P
Clan
CHILL_ZONE
and what you said is very true,rex isnt always the winner,on the contrary its very easy to kill but during a 1:1 scenario on a gate,with the limited range of the buff system it absolutely gives a huge boost for rex players against far range dinos,what i am talking about wont matter in a rex vs rex or a carno vs rex situation because those 2 dinos require you to be close to ur enemy anyways so they wont have to worry about the buff
centro with colt still winning cus reflect big dmg and do lot dmg with colt, losing all skills under extra power on time, just need use combo

Alewx

Splitscreen Studios
Reaction score
BUT you are not going in to attack the building you just lurk around and hope that things change, the game will not recognize you as an attacker to give you a buff by just not doing anything. that risk is just not going away.

Something like a zombie buff (getting buff just by attacking someone with buff) is simply out of the question as that is already by the name of it uncontrollable.

SPA

Reaction score
Server
Europe_1
Main Char
@I1 E 4 E H 9l T 0 P
Clan
CHILL_ZONE
centro with colt still winning cus reflect big dmg and do lot dmg with colt, losing all skills under extra power on time, just need use combo
and so, I think it was a plan to make Rex more useful in the goal attack in order to force him to use not only pm+coel or pachy

-Kiwi-

Reaction score
Server
Europe_1
Main Char
..kiwilicious..
Clan
F O U N D
BUT you are not going in to attack the building you just lurk around and hope that things change, the game will not recognize you as an attacker to give you a buff by just not doing anything. that risk is just not going away.

Something like a zombie buff (getting buff just by attacking someone with buff) is simply out of the question as that is already by the name of it uncontrollable.
i understand how hard it is to implement,there is a hard way to balance the idea of someone getting a buff outside the gate zone is complicated and if it werent for me it will be a headache to fix,but honestly we cant just ignore that the way this buff works absolutely makes it that far range dinos have a disadvantage and as i said i could be attacking a gate or healing a gate,i see a rex player charging at me,i simply leave the gate focus on killing the rex player first and then go back to whatever i was doing at the gate,this could be more of an issue of how far range dinos play but do you think its fine to just let it like this?

-Kiwi-

Reaction score
Server
Europe_1
Main Char
..kiwilicious..
Clan
F O U N D
that means big clans who already have multiple rexes will now have a bigger advantage because during fighting for a gate,everyone is required to hug the gate which gives an indirect buff to rex

Status
Not open for further replies.