MX Power

Reaction score
Server
Europe_1
Main Char
M X Power
Clan
Extra Power
A clan simply can't dominate everything unless the server is very inactive. The new mechanic for bandits attacking maps is designed to prevent a single clan from hoarding more than it should.
Ever heard of merges? and no, that's just an idea that was given out of context, it is not confirmed whether it would actually happen or not. And also here is my opinion about this specific part that I already mentioned before:
1660984311949.pngI'm not a fan of the idea that one clan take everything, but a solution in middle really must be found and not keep hammering on one side till it completely collapse just so that the other side who have been the underdogs for so long be finally satisfied.

Competition should be the best option, clans and their members who wish to win elections should be active, arrangements should not be made for a less active clan to get what a more active clan has. Also in a clan battle royale it would generate a purpose for which to level up and improve
(x)(x)(x)(x)
if you don't want to compete then you shouldn't get a reward, it's simple meritocracy.
Correct me if I'm wrong,

But in the past, about 6 years ago, weren't we able to apply in the town hall without the need of a clan? Wasn't it similar to "battle royal" where everyone would be against everyone?

In this context, it would be similar, everyone leaving creating their own clan for their own elections.

6 years ago was considered the golden age of Dinostorm, people still would talk about it to this very day saying the game was better back then due to more wars.
Agree to disagree

MX Power

Reaction score
Server
Europe_1
Main Char
M X Power
Clan
Extra Power
for the simple fact that the players prefer to be on the winning team
I would say the simple fact here is T-Rex and who gets to have it, and if there is other ways to get Rex that doesn't include being on the "winning team" then they would be choosing the fighting style they prefer and not necessarily the side.

I would also add that you can be the winner even if you are outnumbered and part 3 would help achieve that. It would be basically Viking tactics, Raid then escape before reinforcements arrive & Vikings while outnumbered had their golden age.

slejd2001

Reaction score
Server
Europe_3
Main Char
-R_3_V-3_N-A-N_T-
Clan
-I-Edgerunners-I-
This game should creates ''bots'' that fight the dominant alliance ,so weaker ones , get their chances
I think as @Agusdim said, pve attacks would serve that purpose.

Galaxy

Reaction score
Server
America_5
Main Char
Galax
Clan
No clan
Let's talk about Part 3 then, although I don't have much info about it but let's just consider it for a moment to see how disadvantaged some group of players can be:
  • People can steal fame from gates that are not collected by draining it then supplying it. (Attackers benefit)
  • Maps will highlight buildings with heavy amount of stored fame. (Attackers benefits)
  • There will be Mobs that attack buildings, and whoever beats them get fame. (Neutral benefits)
We can crack down even more on defenders by adding things like:
  • More buildings per clan = more mobs swarming at that clan's buildings. (Defender disadvantage)
  • Once a building is attacked, fame can't be collected. (Defender disadvantage)
And we can add things like this to make things more fun and flexible:
  • Fast distribution system for fame items. (Benefits for both attackers & defenders)
  • More red feet = quicker draining pace / More green feet = quicker healing pace. (Benefits for both attackers & defenders)
  • No supply charge required to trigger a takedown, but supplies required to seize the gate and fame inside it. (Benefit for Attackers)
  • Extended life to all travel gates & claims while reduce the percent impacted by adding 1 supply charge to make supplying to full require more supply charges. (Defenders disadvantage / Neutral advantage)

All these changes and more to even consider can make the game play far more interesting and not just as a defender but also an attacker and neutral.

If players see that attackers have a chance in spite of the dominating alliance and their efforts to keep their monopoly on server control then some of them naturally will break off and join the attackers side, because the only reason for a very large portion of players and clans to co-operate and ally themselves with others is that they don't know any better and that's their only choice for providing elections and fame to their members.

Feel free to add your own ideas of how we can balance between being attacker and being defender. Further more I'm explicitly against the concept that the only way for the minority to strive is to descend chaos to the majority and destroy the option of being a defender, forcing everyone to attack and steal from others whenever they have the chance. Everyone should be free to choose their own playstyle, whom they rather fight and whom they rather co-operate with and help.
but the main way to get fame will still be having portals, this will make defenders have an advantage in elections, so obviously it will still be advantageous to be defender.
what will change is that defenders will have to work harder, if they want to have a map and gain a lot of fame, it is fair that they have to work hard for it.

Regarding cooperation, obviously there will still be alliances, mainly of defenders, but it will not be mandatory as it is currently, because the attackers will also get their share in the elections, it will not be easy, but they will also get their rewards little by little

MX Power

Reaction score
Server
Europe_1
Main Char
M X Power
Clan
Extra Power
but the main way to get fame will still be having portals, this will make defenders have an advantage in elections, so obviously it will still be advantageous to be defender.
what will change is that defenders will have to work harder, if they want to have a map and gain a lot of fame, it is fair that they have to work hard for it.
Perhaps more ideas could make it even more interesting like making Outlaws also get fame by attacking players and if one player loses, part of his fame goes to the one that beats him, and the amount is percent like 1% for example, so that if someone has lot of fame, he will lose more fame when gets defeated. But again, that's still something to discuss in Part 3 and I don't want rush it.

EDIT: Hopefully when Outlaw hunters are also introduced for purchase with Silver Crowns it will also prevent abusing such feature.

Regarding cooperation, obviously there will still be alliances, mainly of defenders, but it will not be mandatory as it is currently, because the attackers will also get their share in the elections, it will not be easy, but they will also get their rewards little by little
For this to happen, Leaders & Right hands must be allowed to supervise their own members like how I mentioned here:
Can "Leader" or "Right Hand" (The people who are in-charge of distributing fame to their members) be able to see which Section their members have applied to, how much fame they invested, or their current rank compared to the anonymous players who have also applied?
Having an internal supervision will not fix the trust problem, but at least it would open grounds for communication and cooperation between people who don't want to fight each other or compete against one another, either in the same clan, or between different clans.

Agusdim

Reaction score
Server
America_1
Main Char
Agusdim
Clan
The Revolution
Ever heard of merges? and no, that's just an idea that was given out of context, it is not confirmed whether it would actually happen or not. And also here is my opinion about this specific part that I already mentioned before:
from my experience in america 1. mergers never last over time, clans have proven to be communities, you can't disassemble a community just to get as many active players as you can and thus dominate everything. And if they did, it would not last because of the internal conflicts that would be generated based on the past of each player.

Agusdim

Reaction score
Server
America_1
Main Char
Agusdim
Clan
The Revolution

I do not see so crazy the idea that in the future we will see white travel gates, without an owner, as something normal. The idea I have is that it is not necessarily mandatory to maintain all the travel gate and claim, generate a more dynamic rotation of the clans, to prevent a group of players from wanting to merge into a single clan to dominate all the maps, you must do that having many portals is not so beneficial.

Agusdim

Reaction score
Server
America_1
Main Char
Agusdim
Clan
The Revolution
@MX Power Ten en cuenta que para mi es muy dificil comunicarme en este hilo ya que no hablo ingles, seria mas facil si ustedes hablaran español e-e

• Funny
Reactions: NaY

MX Power

Reaction score
Server
Europe_1
Main Char
M X Power
Clan
Extra Power
@MX Power Ten en cuenta que para mi es muy dificil comunicarme en este hilo ya que no hablo ingles, seria mas facil si ustedes hablaran español e-e
Todo lo que pido es permitir que el "Líder" o "Mano derecha" del clan pueda ver qué miembros de su propio clan participan en las elecciones y cuánto han invertido.

Es como una supervisión interna que ayudará a garantizar que los miembros reciban la cantidad de fama que necesitan, evite que los miembros del mismo clan compitan entre sí y también puedan divulgar y compartir dicha información con otros clanes en los que están juntos. operar con o más bien no competir mediante el uso de capturas de pantalla y plataformas externas.

Si eso al menos no se implementa, podemos esperar un caos total, dentro y fuera de los clanes. Básicamente será cada jugador para sí mismo, y no habrá defensores, todo lo que habrá serán solo jugadores que se robarán la fama unos a otros y muchas comunidades que se han establecido a lo largo de los años serán completamente desmanteladas.

DarkPerdido

Game Master
Game Master
Reaction score
Clan
GM Team
Correct me if I'm wrong,

But in the past, about 6 years ago, weren't we able to apply in the town hall without the need of a clan? Wasn't it similar to "battle royal" where everyone would be against everyone?

In this context, it would be similar, everyone leaving creating their own clan for their own elections.

6 years ago was considered the golden age of Dinostorm, people still would talk about it to this very day saying the game was better back then due to more wars.

No sense writing about Part 3 when we have limited information.

It will create a spam on this thread while we know nothing is confirmed and there are things which we have yet to confirm.

Amongst the info I've heard from GMs, here's an interesting one, not sure if it's correct, but nonetheless, would still need more info to start any argument about that.

"Clans will be able to challenge another clan on a 1v1 and whoever wins will get gates protection for some time"— @DarkPerdido
el tema del clan vs clan, aun no ha iniciado el desarrollo, pero el objetivo es brindar una protecion al finalizar la batalla para evitar el abuso por parte de otros clanes , esa proteccion ser apor tiempo muy limitado.

Cuando tenga mas informacion la compartire en la medida de lo posible

Guardian.

Reaction score
Server
America_4
Main Char
Guardian.
Clan
Never Winter
But will the applicant be able to see if he/she is losing or winning the election or will the applicant know only after the election period is over?

MX Power

Reaction score
Server
Europe_1
Main Char
M X Power
Clan
Extra Power
But will the applicant be able to see if he/she is losing or winning the election or will the applicant know only after the election period is over?
I guess this is the answer of your question:
2. Once the application phase come towards the end and after no players are allowed to put in their application (half of the period) more and more information are given out for the players that are in the election.

Here are some examples that are rolled out step by step and shows the most desired ones at the last minute. Fixed values based on a fixed time date, no dynamic changes.
  • Total amount of players applied
  • Average fame invested by all players in the election
  • Delta of fame difference below and above ( in percentage)
  • Current office seat you would get at the current time

Omar Farook

Reaction score
Server
Europe_1
Main Char
Anonymous
Clan
Clanless
I have 2 doubts:
1) does customizable items include ds plus and other player profile items which will give max fame after the condition of the item wears off fully according to the items level?
2) once the condition of an item wears off to fully 0, will the item give max fame as daily fame or not?

Omar Farook

Reaction score
Server
Europe_1
Main Char
Anonymous
Clan
Clanless
I have 2 doubts:
1) does customizable items include ds plus and other player profile items which will give max fame after the condition of the item wears off fully according to the items level?
2) once the condition of an item wears off to fully 0, will the item give max fame as daily fame or not?
Nvm, I got my answers now. xd

• Funny
Reactions: NaY

- Cause -

Reaction score
Server
Europe_1
Main Char
Eduard06
Clan
Albania
love to all of mE

apptanglike

Reaction score
Server
Asia_1
Main Char
Chishio
Clan
Xx-Game over-xX Asia_1

Even before we launched the Endgame Part 1 update, we were incredibly excited to see how you would respond to it ‒ we were thrilled by your numerous ideas, suggestions and discussions in the last thread! Because that thread has reached 60+ pages by now, we decided to start a new one specifically for Endgame Part 2.

We really appreciate the interest you are showing in our updates and have been eagerly following where in the game you are placing your new Jump Links (notice: loud)!

And since all the parts in our "Endgame" series of updates are so closely connected, some of you were already keen to ask when Part 2 would be released shortly after Part 1 had launched.

Similar to how we gave you a glimpse of our plans for Part 1, here is what we have planned to do with Part 2:

"Hard" Fame

So far, fame has been a fleeting element of which your ranger loses a certain percentage at the end of the day. What if we would just stop that from happening? What if, instead, you had it in your own hands to decide what you want to use your hard-earned fame for?
  • You will no longer be losing fame at the end of the day.
  • Customization items will now provide fame based on their actual usage, i.e. fame points will be added to your balance every time a customization item wears down a bit.
    • There will be no more “daily fame bonus” on top of that.
  • Holding Travel Gates and Claims will continue to be a vital source of fame.
  • Fame will be essential for earning Silver Crowns through the Town Hall.
    • For the new election system it will be necessary that the Fame value of other players is no longer visible via their profile.

Townhall Rework

Over time, elections in the Town Hall have proven to be somewhat inflexible and, unfortunately, not very desirable across the full range of offices. Climbing the office hierarchy was just a necessary means for reaching the office of Sheriff. But what if every position in Town Hall was actually desirable because it provided a useful reward?
  • Silver Crowns will be issued for attaining an office through elections.
    • The higher the office rank, the more Silver Crowns are awarded.
  • New election system will keep known offices, but introduce dynamic number of seats.
    • The number of seats can be adjusted based on various factors.
    • Offices are no longer organized in a strictly pyramidal structure, but the order of offices in their ranking remains the same.
  • New application process!
    • Applications are no longer made for a specific office, the only choice is between Street, District and Town (as available).
    • Similar to auctions, you spend fame points on your application but cannot see directly what other players are spending.
      • But: Over the course of your running application, you will receive additional information that can help you with assessing your chances.
      • The amount of invested fame can be increased for a running application.
    • At the end of a Street/District/Town evaluation period, players will be ranked according to the fame points they spent in applications. Then, the game will assign them a position from the list of offices according to their ranking.
      • For example, the player who spent the most fame in Town elections will be granted the office of Sheriff.
        • Note: Since no office can be skipped on the way to the top, this player in our example would only become Sheriff if they had reached the office of Marshal before.
    • During evaluation, players will receive an internal fame bonus for offices they have not reached before, which means that they are more likely to be elected to these offices than players who have reached these offices before.

Sheriffs Monument

Since fame points will no longer be an openly comparable value, and the new election system will lead to more fluctuating individual fame point balances, the way the Sheriffs Monument works will have to change.
  • Instead of fame, the number of collected achievement points will determine Sheriffs’ positions on the monument.
    • Event achievement points are excluded from the calculation.
  • Newly-elected first-time Sheriffs will appear at the top of the monument for three consecutive days, no matter their achievement points. This is to ensure that a proper Sheriff party can be held!
  • The Top 50 Sheriffs according to achievement points will be shown in the monument listing.
  • New achievements: With achievement points becoming the new benchmark figure on the Sheriffs Monument, we want to give you more ways to rack up your score! Stay tuned…

T-Rex Coming to Silver Lily's Emporium (and more)

Laeticia Sceatta is not resting on her laurels of being the talk of the town. Instead, she is busy preparing new exciting items to be offered through her store in central Dinoville!
  • New clothing items will be added.
    • The selection of items is planned to be seasonal, i.e. some items might only be available for a certain time before they reappear again at a later date.
    • Many of these items will only be available to players who have reached the office of Sheriff before.
    • There will be even more items in the future that are not limited to clothing. Stay tuned…
  • Filters and search will be added to the store window due to the greater selection of items.
  • This is a big one: T-Rex is coming to the Emporium, and it will not be exclusive to Sheriffs!
    • The office of Ranger is required for purchase.

Now hold on! Does everyone who has merely managed to become a Ranger get a T-Rex cheap?!

NO!

If you earned Silver Crowns solely by being elected a Ranger again and again, you would need to be elected several hundred times to afford the T-Rex from Silver Lily’s Emporium… It’s not impossible, but it is safe to say that this would take you several years of time.
Remember that higher offices provide greater amounts of Silver Crowns, with the office of Sheriff granting the largest amount in a single election. So, as you try to rise to higher and higher offices via the new election system at the Town Hall, you'll automatically collect lots and lots of Silver Crowns ‒ even if you never make it to Sheriff, you'll eventually be able to afford the T-Rex! And that’s a promise.

i think it will make much player leaves the game actually

xxZthewolfZxx

Reaction score
Server
America_1
Main Char
xxthewolfxx
Clan
The Revolution
but the main way to get fame will still be having portals, this will make defenders have an advantage in elections
As it should be, i think defenders still must have advantage about the earned fame and the elections, but as you said they must work harder to keep their gates. It's just like a balance between both sides war clans and clans holding gates
Regarding cooperation, obviously there will still be alliances, mainly of defenders
mostly like yes, it would be very hard to completely delete alliances.. It's hard, even to add 1v1 clan mode there are so many things to take in count, it's just a concept

AnarchyGoD

Reaction score
WHY ARE THERE PEOPLE STILL TALKING ABOUT THIS GAME AND THIS NEW UPDATE, I DON'T UNDERSTAND IT, MAYBE I'M A DONKEY I GUESS I'M ...
LATELY, I HAVE BEEN PLAYING A LOT OF GAMES, AND EACH TIME I MEET A PLAYER I WOULD ASK THEM IF THEY KNOW A GAME CALLED DINO STORM, AND ALL OF THEM WOULD SAY NO
THIS NEW UPDATE IS SUPPOSED AS I UNDERSTAND IT TO HELP NEW PLAYERS WIN SHERIFF, THERE ARE NO NEW PLAYERS, I GUESS YOU ARE REFERRING TO GHOSTS
HELLO GUYS IN THIS NEW UPDATE WE WILL HELP YOU WIN SHERIFF IT MIGHT TAKE YOU 10 YEARS BUT THAT WAS THE PROMISE( WINKY FACE @Highway)
THIS IS SLAVERY IN A FORM OF A GAME, WAKE UP PEOPLE
INSPIRED BY ANDREW TATE!

OrionZG

Reaction score
Server
America_2
Main Char
WandersZ.
Clan
WHY ARE THERE PEOPLE STILL TALKING ABOUT THIS GAME AND THIS NEW UPDATE, I DON'T UNDERSTAND IT, MAYBE I'M A DONKEY I GUESS I'M ...
LATELY, I HAVE BEEN PLAYING A LOT OF GAMES, AND EACH TIME I MEET A PLAYER I WOULD ASK THEM IF THEY KNOW A GAME CALLED DINO STORM, AND ALL OF THEM WOULD SAY NO
THIS NEW UPDATE IS SUPPOSED AS I UNDERSTAND IT TO HELP NEW PLAYERS WIN SHERIFF, THERE ARE NO NEW PLAYERS, I GUESS YOU ARE REFERRING TO GHOSTS
HELLO GUYS IN THIS NEW UPDATE WE WILL HELP YOU WIN SHERIFF IT MIGHT TAKE YOU 10 YEARS BUT THAT WAS THE PROMISE( WINKY FACE @Highway)
INSPIRED BY ANDREW TATE!
I remind you that dino storm plans to return to steam in some future xd

- V O R A -

Reaction score
Server
Asia_1
Main Char
VoraX
Clan
- U N T A M E D -
INSPIRED BY ANDREW TATE!
No, no. He's got a point.

Status
Not open for further replies.