.Shazam.

Reaction score
Server
America_2
Main Char
Miguel655
Clan
Sem clan
Se quiserem deixar o Rex com 1 habilidade defensiva ok, então que seja a mordida dele e não o grito

Galaxy

Reaction score
Server
America_5
Main Char
Galax
Clan
No clan
Every class has their skill effects based on classes. For example, brachy has 2 defensive skill effects bcs he is tank, centro will have 1 offensive skill effect(vulnurable) and 1 defensive effect(reflect) bcs he is allround. Rex is damager so he has to have 2 offensive skill effects.
welll, Carno is in the same class as the rex and has a defensive ability,
I just think that Rex should have a defensive ability, because he is always the most dino focused on battles etc.

W-A-S-Y-L

Reaction score
Server
Europe_4
Main Char
W-A-S-Y-L
Clan
_For-x-The-x-Horde_
Do You planning reduce dmg? Now pvp is very fast... If you miss crit 35/40 k its hard to win... Dmg in 2018/19 was the best bcs pvp was longer and more depended on skill players.

istencsaszar

Reaction score
Server
Europe_1
Main Char
Odin.
Clan
-
Hello, other than usual, as Highway is on a well deserved vacation, it is upon me to provide some info about the progress we are making on the balancing.

We have characterized the weapons of the game similar to the dinos, into different classes to give them a kind of unique place and use in the game. With this apporach, each class would come with two included weapons. One more rapid firing but lower in damage, and a counterpart that is slower firing but dealing more damage. The goal here is again to provide the tools for every playstyle without giving any weapon a clear benefit that would set it above all the others:
Weapon role (Class)Description & Weapons
Close RangedWeapons that are mainly focused on playing their biggest advantage at close range and keeping the target at that range.

Weapons: Burning Colt & Showstopper
Far RangedBest use for these weapons is at a longer ranger to keep enemies at distance or to sneak onto them.

Weapons: Peacemaker & Yager Rifle
AllrounderThese weapons are somwhere in between the previous ones and can doeal with the middle ground.

Weapons: Hammer & Gatling

Now a glimpse from the things that are still Work in Progress (WiP). Each and every entry in the list has to be taken with a huge grain of salt, as things are still subject to change:
DinoSkillStatuseffect
AnkylosaurusGroundPunchStun
AnkylosaurusTailSmashRageUp
BrachiosaurusChestAttackAbsorb
BrachiosaurusGroundStompConfuse
CentrosaurusDashAttackVulnerable
CentrosaurusShieldAttackReflect
ParasaurolophusKickAttackDodge
ParasaurolophusTailWhipAttackRageDown
PachycephalosaurusDodgeAttackParalyze
PachycephalosaurusFlyingHeadButtEasytarget
CoelophysisJumpAttackDamageUp
CoelophysisRapidStrikesSpeedUp & SpeedDown
CarnotaurusCarnageAttackLeech
CarnotaurusFleshAttackCritChanceUp
TyrannosaurusBattleCryFear & HitchanceDown
TyrannosaurusBrutalBiteBleed
About the new info for the update... I feel like these plans are altering not just the things that don't work, but the ones that are functioning well. I'm starting to recognize a pattern here, and it's always these kinds of things that make the game worse: always messing up something that doesn't need fixing and works well(extra power skills miss, shield and defense, new map structure for gf/mw/gv etc.). For example coelo and pachy are great at their "run and shoot" role. The stun is only devastating because in 4 seconds 2/3 of your dino's hp is gone, or if someone starts with confusion, the opponent is dead before it wears off.

About the questions asked: Nobody knows without trying it, so only testers can give you a valid answer. And right now players are conditioned to extremely short pvps, so no one is going to ask for anything longer than 4 seconds, even though in an other meta it could be perfectly fine and not op.

Do You planning reduce dmg? Now pvp is very fast... If you miss crit 35/40 k its hard to win... Dmg in 2018/19 was the best bcs pvp was longer and more depended on skill players.
I feel like reducing damage is a bad idea, since it makes hunting more difficult(unless the hps of the animals are adjusted). Instead, all dinos need shield and defense buffed. The game is in this state since the nerf of these abilities, which brings me to the conclusion that this is the root issue behind all this imbalance. And the purpose of the update was to make more diverse pvp combinations, which obviously failed, so another reason to make defense and shield great again. Before the debuff more dinos were useful than now(basically all except para) and there was both melee and ranged fight(although ranged was much easier).

The insane critical hits of the weapons need to be dealt with though, i feel like those would still be too high even with buffed shield values.

Last edited by a moderator:

Thround

Reaction score
Will the extra from the dashattack centroaur make you vulnerable like the one from the yager rifle?
Yes

for pachy easytarger effect should last for 5-7 seconds 10s is too much
Could you elaborate on that?

Every class has their skill effects based on classes. For example, brachy has 2 defensive skill effects bcs he is tank, centro will have 1 offensive skill effect(vulnurable) and 1 defensive effect(reflect) bcs he is allround. Rex is damager so he has to have 2 offensive skill effects.
All Dinosaurs have an offensive and defensive effect. But Confuse is classified as both offensive & defensive in terms of how you benefit from it. To be durable in PvP and open combat, you have to have both elements of offense and defense. So you attack when you are secured and defend when you are vulnerable.

PvP duration will be at a point where it won't be too long and it won't be too short, how we get to that point is up to debate.

Instead, all dinos need shield and defense buffed. The game is in this state since the nerf of these abilities, which brings me to the conclusion that this is the root issue behind all this imbalance.
Combat duration should be enough whether Shield/Dino Defense are installed or not installed, an implant or a tech can not be a main factor of balancing, especially ones with Non-Base attributes. (Base Attributes: Vitality, Strength, Damage, etc)

Sthepen

Reaction score
Server
America_5
Main Char
Columbia
Clan
-Gladiadores-
Hello kind developers. We are all eager to try and play with your new skills and mechanics as they will bring fresh air to the game. I have a suggestion that they could be implemented in the next update, first half the game they were complaining that the stun was too strong. And you, without warning, reduced the chance of hitting stun except for brachyousaurus. They could reverse the change and leave the stun as it was before fixing. And make the Agility implant really remarkable. Because while it is true with the stun you can kill any dino if you know how to play well. But it is extremely tedious to hunt with stunning dinosaurs (except brachyousaurus) as it fails and any veteran or alpha dinosaur can kill you within seconds for missing.I know all the dinosaurs had their daze removed (except ankylosaurus) but they warned that the skills would maintain the same percentage of success. Could you fix that to hunt please. Since it's not fun to cast the stun to fail and die (trust me it's not fun at all). Thanks for reading and we really appreciate your effort and hard work to make dino storm a more fun and balanced game. Greetings

Last edited:

razeryox

Reaction score
Server
Europe_3
Main Char
-I- R A Z E R -I-
Clan
Moon Star
Could you elaborate on that?
i see 10 seconds of this effect Easy target will make armor implant useless in PVP bcs the a Duel last around 17-20 seconds and for half the battle you have this Easy target effect it will make pachy over powered and all players will use pachy only and make it over-used as it is now

Xx-Tito-xX

Reaction score
Server
Europe_3
Main Char
Solreign
Clan
GhostDivision
In my opinion, if you're going to change the 150% damage from battle cry for the rex, then you should add something better than this hitchance down, because already now after the last update for rex, when we do battle cry to others, their dinos cant attack, only their guns, so we go near them to make their damage so less with gun while their dino cant attack us...

So i'm suggesting that you add an ability to penetrate all defensive implants or techs the opponent uses? like for example if we use battle cry with extra power, then our damage is based as if our opponent doesn't have any armor or shield implants installed, like this the rex will be special again, call it vulnerability or something but i dont know if this ability should stack to our profile or to the opponent's profile (meaning that when we use it, only us will penetrate all defensive implants the opponent uses or everyone will be able to do it once its stacked to the opponent?), this is my opinion..

This opinion is negotiable, feel free to add better opinions if you have one!

Kind regards!

- Red Tornado -

Reaction score
Server
America_1
Main Char
AmoDeLosEspejos
Clan
i do not have
emm, ¿aumentaron el reflejo para devolver el daño del centrosaurio? Si es así, estaría encantado

slejd2001

Reaction score
Server
Europe_3
Main Char
-R_3_V-3_N-A-N_T-
Clan
-I-Edgerunners-I-
i see 10 seconds of this effect Easy target will make armor implant useless in PVP bcs the a Duel last around 17-20 seconds and for half the battle you have this Easy target effect it will make pachy over powered and all players will use pachy only and make it over-used as it is now
Pvp wont last 20 seconds after update, so there is a point for it to last 10 sec

Synx

Reaction score
Server
America_1
Main Char
TSynx
Clan
Sem
Ainda será uma coisa, mas apenas para um número limitado de efeitos, não todos eles.
[/CITAÇÃO]
I think this is very bad, because so the game will be based on luck, for example, a person is using the centrosaur and uses reflect to defend themselves and errs, the other person is with a rex and does not miss the attack, the person who is with the centrosaur will not have any chance of victory. So I guess the extra mistake shouldn't exist.

.Shazam.

Reaction score
Server
America_2
Main Char
Miguel655
Clan
Sem clan
Eu acho que os x1 deveriam ser mais longos, eu gostava na época do 45, não com uma velocidade rapida/média como o Gm disse, só uma opnião kkk é muito bom você usar os extras +1 vez, saber usar a sequência certa isso abre mais possibilidades na hora do x1, as armas hj em dia tem um dano muito exagerado, critico extremamente roubado kk pvp é pura sorte, então outra coisa que poderiam arrumar é isso, diminuir o dano das armas

Last edited:

.Shazam.

Reaction score
Server
America_2
Main Char
Miguel655
Clan
Sem clan
Eu acho que os x1 deveriam ser mais longos, eu gostava na época do 45, não com uma velocidade rapida/média como o Gm disse, é muito bom você usar os extras +1 vez, saber usar a sequência certa isso abre mais possibilidades na hora do x1, e com certeza fica muito mais divertido.

As armas hoje em dia tem um dano muito exagerado, crítico extremamente alto faz com que o pvp se torne PURA SORTE e eu já cansei de falar sobre isso e também de ler as pessoas reclamando disso e nada ser feito, então outra coisa que poderiam arrumar é isso, diminuir o dano das armas, diminuir os críticos das armas.

Outra coisa que precisam arrumar sobre as armas é a questão da esquiva, se o pvp já não dura muito tempo imagine se você errar um extra e seu adversário acertar, Já era! você simplesmente aceita a derrota pois seu oponente teve mais SORTE que você, os extras não deveriam errar, isso é chato e frustrante, muitos jogadores reclamaram e nada foi feito até hoje, e ver o Gm falando que os extras continuariam esquivando me deixo realmente irritado, óbvio que não só eu.

Também a questão de lvl baixo conseguir matar lvl 55 pelo amor de deus arrumem isso, volto a dizer que muitos jogadores reclamaram e nada foi feito, lvl 55 morrer pra 50?? isso não deveria existir, é um absurdo um lvl 50 conseguir tirar mais da metade do meu HP, eu me esforcei pra chegar lvl máximo... em nenhum jogo isso acontece, só no Dino Storm mesmo, vocês querem que os jogadores novos se divirtam mais, por isso lvl baixo mata lvl alto, que pensamento errado.

Eu poderia falar muito mais sobre as armas, mas acho que isso é o principal. essa opnião não é so minha vários jogadores reclamam e vocês não olham isso, esse fórum não chega a ter 40 membros ativos, os jogadores não falam no fórum! vocês precisam arrumar isso....

Eu também vejo que nem todos os GM falam no fórum, alguns eu nunca vi tantas mensagens... eu acho que o Gm deveria ter a obrigação de pelo menos deixar um ''like'' no comentário pra gente ver que vocês estão aí.

Edit: que saudade da época do 45

Last edited:

Pleiadian

Reaction score
Server
America_1
Main Char
Rembrandt.
Clan
-
I have a suggestion about Damage Tech

Why not remove it and put the damage directly in the weapon itself?

Damage Tech is one of the components in the game that is always used in PVP and in hunting. And if we remove it from the weapon and replace it with another tech, the player is 100% sure to die. It's as if we have only 3 slots for modules.

But now that everything is going to be balanced, I would like to use different kinds of tech combinations without the need to sacrifice the damage points.

I'd like to hear the player's views on that.

slejd2001

Reaction score
Server
Europe_3
Main Char
-R_3_V-3_N-A-N_T-
Clan
-I-Edgerunners-I-

Damage Tech is one of the components in the game that is always used in PVP and in hunting. And if we remove it from the weapon and replace it with another tech, the player is 100% sure to die. It's as if we have only 3 slots for modules.

But now that everything is going to be balanced, I would like to use different kinds of tech combinations without the need to sacrifice the damage points.

It's actually good suggestion, but what will get players instead of damage tech?

Same thing is with vitality implant.

Pleiadian

Reaction score
Server
America_1
Main Char
Rembrandt.
Clan
-
It's actually good suggestion, but what will get players instead of damage tech?

When the damage tech would be removed and all the damage point are merged with the weapon itself, players will have 4 empty slots from which they can choose their prefered tech combination according to their combat preference.

For example, I like to play range and I have a combo idea that I would love to use.

Peacemaker with Range Tech, Clock Tech, Freeze Tech and Penetration tech.

While I use my Peacemaker to slow down the enemy, my other teammates/ clanmates who play close combat can easily finish the enemy.

That is one of many combos that I have in mind but I'm sure players will have a similar idea of what I'm trying to say here.

slejd2001

Reaction score
Server
Europe_3
Main Char
-R_3_V-3_N-A-N_T-
Clan
-I-Edgerunners-I-
When the damage tech would be removed and all the damage point are merged with the weapon itself, players will have 4 empty slots from which they can choose their prefered tech combination according to their combat preference.
I mean what i will get for losing dmg tech? I have it on 55 lvl and i don't want it to be gone just like that, i want get something in exchange. This what will bother devs.

Galaxy

Reaction score
Server
America_5
Main Char
Galax
Clan
No clan

Really, the players are very attached to the damage technology and the vitality implant, who does not use it, is condemned to die, because as the gat has the privilege of not needing frequency technology, the weapons with more damage in the game do not should need damage technology, it's the same situation as dinosaurs that contain a lot of vitality and still need to use the vitality implant, it doesn't make much sense.
perhaps not a removal, but a slight nerf, and an improvement in the vitality and damage that already comes from dinosaurs and weapons. that damage tech and vitality implant are a combo option, but not the only option that works.

Thround

Reaction score

A perfectly balanced system should insure that not a single implant or a single technology would be a matter of winning or losing. All implants & Techs and all wear clothes with its different attributes would be balanced within themselves, so that none of them become too strong or weak, and neither of them too necessary nor plain useless.

That's a planned step, but it is a step for later, as currently we are more focused on Weapons re-balancing.

Dr. Arf

Reaction score
Server
Europe_2
Main Char
arfaat
Clan
Originals/ Arabe clan
As I am keen on the changes made to the Centrosaurus, I would like to share my opinion on the changes being made to its skill set

Dr. Arf

Reaction score
Server
Europe_2
Main Char
arfaat
Clan
Originals/ Arabe clan
[

As I am keen on the changes made to the Centrosaurus, I would like to share my opinion on the changes being made to its skill set

1)DASH ATTACK
-It seems that the vulnerable effect fits in perfectly with the class alotted to Centrosaurus. (All-rounder)
-The duration of the ability can be as long as the duration of the Yaeger rifle which is at about 4 secs , although increasing the duration to 6 secs can also be taken into consideration.

2)SHIELD ATTACK
-I would completely agree to the effect of this skill to be remained as Reflect.
-Although I'd like to specify a certain change in this ability, the current Reflect effect has the ability to reflect 25% of the incoming damage.
-It would be better if the ability could reflect 25% of incoming attacks completely for a certain period of time rather than reflecting only 25% of the incoming damage.
Eg - During the time of the activated ability, if the incoming damage is 10,000, the reflected damage should be 10,000 as well, rather than it being only 2,500 (25% of the incoming damage)
-This effect would be similar to the dino damage reflector tech or weapon damage reflector implant.
-Also the duration of the effect lasting 4 secs can remain unchanged.

Would love to see the feedback of the developer team as well as other players.

slejd2001

Reaction score
Server
Europe_3
Main Char
-R_3_V-3_N-A-N_T-
Clan
-I-Edgerunners-I-
A perfectly balanced system should insure that not a single implant or a single technology would be a matter of winning or losing. All implants & Techs and all wear clothes with its different attributes would be balanced within themselves, so that none of them become too strong or weak, and neither of them too necessary nor plain useless.
So it means vitality or damage tech probably won't be necessary to win pvp/pve fights?

razeryox

Reaction score
Server
Europe_3
Main Char
-I- R A Z E R -I-
Clan
Moon Star
[

1)DASH ATTACK
-It seems that the vulnerable effect fits in perfectly with the class alotted to Centrosaurus. (All-rounder)
-The duration of the ability can be as long as the duration of the Yaeger rifle which is at about 4 secs , although increasing the duration to 6 secs can also be taken into consideration.

2)SHIELD ATTACK
-I would completely agree to the effect of this skill to be remained as Reflect.
-Although I'd like to specify a certain change in this ability, the current Reflect effect has the ability to reflect 25% of the incoming damage.
-It would be better if the ability could reflect 25% of incoming attacks completely for a certain period of time rather than reflecting only 25% of the incoming damage.
Eg - During the time of the activated ability, if the incoming damage is 10,000, the reflected damage should be 10,000 as well, rather than it being only 2,500 (25% of the incoming damage)
-This effect would be similar to the dino damage reflector tech or weapon damage reflector implant.
-Also the duration of the effect lasting 4 secs can remain unchanged.

Would love to see the feedback of the developer team as well as other players.
10k returned damage are you crazy? this dino will be so overpowered

Status
Not open for further replies.