What's new

Feedback Thread · Endgame Part 3 Open PTR Test

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alewx

Splitscreen Studios
Reaction score
Next year we will see those dead server be shutting down due to the fact that it's too costly to run servers with no activity there.
You are twisting the activity measurement of the townhall to scale it with the actuall active players; that are to different things.

Luka Patajac

Reaction score
Server
Europe_1
Main Char
Valmort
Clan
Extra Power
yes but there could be the fact that although there are 40 members active in a clan,only 2 of those member apply for elections because the clan is focusing them,its very inaccurate and unfair to use such a measurement option to make dv hold gates,since a server could be highly active but not many applying for elections at the same time waiting their turn
Would you want it for them to measure activity and amount of builds dv takes away by for example how many players are active in conflict phase be it by defending or attacking instead?

-Kiwi-

Reaction score
Server
Europe_1
Main Char
Kiwi.
Clan
F O U N D
You are twisting the activity measurement of the townhall to scale it with the actuall active players; that are to different things.
isnt that the same thing the devs are trying to do?

Alewx

Splitscreen Studios
Reaction score
yes but there could be the fact that although there are 40 members active in a clan,only 2 of those member apply for elections because the clan is focusing them,its very inaccurate and unfair to use such a measurement option to make dv hold gates,since a server could be highly active but not many applying for elections at the same time waiting their turn
That kinda goes back to the shadown army argument, doesn't it.
But you also already give kind of the answer yourself. If the clans would rather than still pushing age old sherifflists for certain particular players and actually act more fairly one the matrics that the clan statistics provide give out fame and enable players in the townhall, things would actually change :O

• Surprised
Reactions: S19

-Kiwi-

Reaction score
Server
Europe_1
Main Char
Kiwi.
Clan
F O U N D
Would you want it for them to measure activity and amount of builds dv takes away by for example how many players are active in conflict phase be it by defending or attacking instead?
in an ideal world,dv shouldnt take gates but i guess that could be a good measurement?

-Kiwi-

Reaction score
Server
Europe_1
Main Char
Kiwi.
Clan
F O U N D
That kinda goes back to the shadown army argument, doesn't it.
But you also already give kind of the answer yourself. If the clans would rather than still pushing age old sherifflists for certain particular players and actually act more fairly one the matrics that the clan statistics provide give out fame and enable players in the townhall, things would actually change :O
if you give content to people who already have sheriff,than that could change too

cOsMiNN

Reaction score
Server
Europe_4
Main Char
Artemis
Clan
Resurrection
I feel like DV holding gates makes it waaaaaaaay harder for people attacking to gain something, take this screenshot as an example1710616860280.png
My clan has 10-20 members active, and only 4-5 buildings are vulnerable, while the attackers have 5-10 people at max. Even if they were to attack all at once, they wouldn't be able to get a single building because numbers still play the huge part, and ''closing'' the possibility to attack every gate, makes the building holders need to focus on way less defense. I get that it won't be the same in the live servers, as it will scale with activity, but I still think it needs to be kept in mind.

Pleiadian

Reaction score
Server
America_1
Main Char
Rembrandt.
Clan
-
It is a semi accurate measurement, as just using the amount of players would lead to obvious issues. but as buildings that can be attacked is linked to fame and therefor the townhall, it is kind of the next best thing.
To have the election system and the Sites directly linked to the TownHall application is a massive risk you are undertaking for the game.

Dinostorm does not have any good content for players who are already Sheriff. So anyone who already won their Rex/ Sheriff will be less and less active.

There's also the existing problem that you cannot retain any new players that joins the game. So you are constantly leaking new possible paying customers.

If someday the number of players joining the town hall decreases (I can already see it happen), that would result in a massive drop in player activity, eventually revenue.

Alewx

Splitscreen Studios
Reaction score
isnt that the same thing the devs are trying to do?
I had to prevent the townhall from beeing blown out of proportions.
"Multiaccounts are the plague of the game" by just counting active player, wow that would end up badly pretty quickly.

Pleiadian

Reaction score
Server
America_1
Main Char
Rembrandt.
Clan
-
Dinostorm does not have any good content for players who are already Sheriff. So anyone who already won their Rex/ Sheriff will be less and less active.
And in a few years time, I can see you Devs "reworking" this current update here due to this oversight.

Similar to how you're trying to go back to the 2016 era with the Election system, the Balancing update, and the Map changes.

-Kiwi-

Reaction score
Server
Europe_1
Main Char
Kiwi.
Clan
F O U N D
"Multiaccounts are the plague of the game" by just counting active player, wow that would end up badly pretty quickly.
should probably fix the multiaccounts first then

Alewx

Splitscreen Studios
Reaction score
I feel like DV holding gates makes it waaaaaaaay harder for people attacking to gain something, take this screenshot as an exampleView attachment 47304
My clan has 10-20 members active, and only 4-5 buildings are vulnerable, while the attackers have 5-10 people at max. Even if they were to attack all at once, they wouldn't be able to get a single building because numbers still play the huge part, and ''closing'' the possibility to attack every gate, makes the building holders need to focus on way less defense. I get that it won't be the same in the live servers, as it will scale with activity, but I still think it needs to be kept in mind.
It was already adjusted twice before ptr went public. So that is still not set in stone.

-Kiwi-

Reaction score
Server
Europe_1
Main Char
Kiwi.
Clan
F O U N D
basing off how active a server is based on townhall is not getting the full picture

-Kiwi-

Reaction score
Server
Europe_1
Main Char
Kiwi.
Clan
F O U N D
basing off how active a server is based on townhall is not getting the full picture
thats why government when lets say for example,trying to measure GDP or things like that they do a bunch of tests looking at different statistics and different ways of measuring,not just by sticking with 1 cuz that why you arent seeing the full picture

cOsMiNN

Reaction score
Server
Europe_4
Main Char
Artemis
Clan
Resurrection
thats why government when lets say for example,trying to measure GDP or things like that they do a bunch of tests looking at different statistics and different ways of measuring,not just by sticking with 1 cuz that why you arent seeing the full picture
But like you say there are multi accounts, people often inactive or coming back for some time then again quitting, the full picture can't be drawn, so they take the townhall as a sample. That's what I think atleast.

Highway

Splitscreen Studios
Reaction score
To have the election system and the Sites directly linked to the TownHall application is a massive risk you are undertaking for the game.

There is more cool stuff to come to get with tokens that should keep it interessting when already having the rex

should probably fix the multiaccounts first then
Check out my post above:

-Kiwi-

Reaction score
Server
Europe_1
Main Char
Kiwi.
Clan
F O U N D
But like you say there are multi accounts, people often inactive or coming back for some time then again quitting, the full picture can't be drawn, so they take the townhall as a sample. That's what I think atleast.
yeah as a sample,and u can take many more samples

-Kiwi-

Reaction score
Server
Europe_1
Main Char
Kiwi.
Clan
F O U N D
There is more cool stuff to come to get with tokens that should keep it interessting when already having the rex

Check out my post above:
i see,but could limiting how many gates there are to fight for make it harder for attackers to take gates but easier for defenders to defend them? lets say in a server 2 clans are fighting for 1 map,dv takes half now the defenders can concentrate their forces and have easier time defending couldnt that be a problem and counterproductive?

Luka Patajac

Reaction score
Server
Europe_1
Main Char
Valmort
Clan
Extra Power
New skins and clothes? or more than just that?

Highway

Splitscreen Studios
Reaction score
I feel like DV holding gates makes it waaaaaaaay harder for people attacking to gain something, take this screenshot as an exampleView attachment 47304
For this we have seomething in place to balance attack vs defence difficult. Basically repair vs drain speed. I can adjust that on the PTR to see how it directly affects the outcome.

cOsMiNN

Reaction score
Server
Europe_4
Main Char
Artemis
Clan
Resurrection
yeah as a sample,and u can take many more samples
I don't see many other features that include players having to participate in with some sort of consinstency, except maybe events.

IParzivaLI

Reaction score
Server
Europe_1
Main Char
IParzivaLI
Clan
Greek Aces
You guys really need to understand that town hall is a thing that has an end it ends when u get sheriff and there is no point in applying on town hall so what is this dv holding gates changes anything about applying on town hall or being active

-Kiwi-

Reaction score
Server
Europe_1
Main Char
Kiwi.
Clan
F O U N D
I don't see many other features that include players having to participate in with some sort of consinstency, except maybe events.
probably the devs can see more than us,they do have the entire data about the game afterall

cOsMiNN

Reaction score
Server
Europe_4
Main Char
Artemis
Clan
Resurrection
probably the devs can see more than us,they do have the entire data about the game afterall
Exactly, so if they took the townhall data as example they took it for a reason.

Luka Patajac

Reaction score
Server
Europe_1
Main Char
Valmort
Clan
Extra Power
Point is what will you do at time elections lasts and before it ends? right now you can hunt for dd or upgrades mostly?

S19

Reaction score
Server
Asia_1
Main Char
Ferrari FXX
Clan
-
A situation where a bunch pf players is bullying everyone else into submission or otherwise get set onto a KOS list..... alliances using mutliple accounts and a blackmarket of selling accounts.
In every game there's an amount of toxicity present

In Dinostorm, the toxicity exist due to the competition, and you cannot eradicate that. Even if you changed the election system, what are the changes that will remove a player from "kos" list???/

also, about the topic of dv owned gates, are you aware that it will be a lot of defenders against a small number of attackers? what will change?

edit:

the only thing i see is that you introduced some metric to better show in the clan which player contributed the most. But in the end the power to share fame and dictate who gets to go in election, is still the leader of the clan.

moreover, reducing the amount of tower, reduce the amount of fame that can be steal, based from cosmin example, attackers cannot really do much in his situation. which is very frequent on our servers.

..Arcadius..

Reaction score
Server
Europe_1
Main Char
..Arcadius..
Clan
F O U N D
A situation where a bunch pf players is bullying everyone else into submission or otherwise get set onto a KOS list.....

How do you think DV holding gates helps address that issue, though? These players will still be bullied into submission, and alliances will still hold the remaining buildings. All you did is give less chances to attackers.

All this ''Feedback Thread'' shows is that both attackers and defenders aren't in favor of this upcoming change.

..Arcadius..

Reaction score
Server
Europe_1
Main Char
..Arcadius..
Clan
F O U N D
Cool stuff as in clothes and skins? It's still boring. That's not new content.

Hopefully the new stuff to come will be something new we haven't had before

-Kiwi-

Reaction score
Server
Europe_1
Main Char
Kiwi.
Clan
F O U N D
How do you think DV holding gates helps address that issue, though? These players will still be bullied into submission, and alliances will still hold the remaining buildings. All you did is give less chances to attackers.

All this ''Feedback Thread'' shows is that both attackers and defenders aren't in favor of this upcoming change.
this is a feedback thread,but i feel like i am getting lectured more than having my questions and concerns answered

Status
Not open for further replies.