What's new

PVP Protection Remover

Pulp Fiction

Reaction score
ARIDER said:
Pulp just ignore him, he is just a power-crazy clan leader which dominates the whole server and the "neutral" become enemy's when they have enough fame for the sherrif election.
lol dude this forum is finally active because of this discussion... i'm not going to ignore him... i've been waiting for a nice debate for awhile. :LOL:

Regular Fries

Reaction score
Haha, thanks for being a good sports Pulp. I respect you. But it's like we're out of the topic now. Hehe..

Pulp Fiction

Reaction score
Regular Fries said:
ARIDER said:
Pulp just ignore him, he is just a power-crazy clan leader which dominates the whole server and the "neutral" become enemy's when they have enough fame for the sherrif election.
Power crazy huh? As I say we are just focus in attacking enemies and the buildings they owned because naturally they are enemy. We let some neutral clan to get fame as long as they didn't attacked us. But the things is, neutral player can only supply buildings in a while. So, they cannot get enough fame for Election. As we know some players are not buying their charges using gold coins. And ARider, if you are one of those people who never get on top of the Election don't blame it to us if you are not in AM2. As I say there is only one clan that always goes on top. If your clan has a will to be on TOP, there is always a way. In this game, every server has a clan, every clan is composed of players, they are the one who can make a change. If each of them have determination and hardwork, they can be on top of course. Everything is earned, nothing is just given away for no reason. If you want it, fight for it. Don't whine, don't complain because excuses are for losers. This game I guess is fair. What my clan is now, we earned by fighting wars. Not our fault if the enemy has no guts, no better strategy, not upgrading. Developer's made some update for their favor, it's up to them now to do their part.
but you, yourself, came here to whine/complain about the PvP Protection system because "big guys" who attack "little guys" are exploiting the system, a system that doesn't directly have an effect on the most important feature: elections. so you think it is okay for you to whine but not okay for your enemies? :LOL: typical narcissist :LOL:

Pulp Fiction

Reaction score
Regular Fries said:
Haha, thanks for being a good sport* Pulp. I respect you. But it's like we're out of the topic now. Hehe..
:LOL: now it is... just replied above ^

Pulp Fiction

Reaction score
no, your intention is to gain sympathy from the devs by complaining and being an advocate for bullied lower level players. your suggestion to use fame that you don't need anymore, since you have the rex, to remove protection from any level 35+ players is downright unfair. just because you would only remove protection from your enemies doesn't mean everyone would use it only against enemies.

Regular Fries

Reaction score
There is just a player in AM2, I do not know if it is bug or not. He attacked with a skull one of the players, so when I attacked him he suddenly have protection. No problem for me if my suggestion will not be implemented or be considered, but at least they should fix the bugs in the game. That's all.

djg5014

Reaction score
Well after reading through this whole thread I'll put my two cents in. Firstly, pulp fiction isn't going to be swayed away from his opinion because he is already set in his ways and refuses to have an open mind, trying to advocate for the little guy in some kind of flawed self righteous way. But regardless

Yes PVP protection shouldn't be an option after a certain level. And yes fighting is absolutely part of the game and that is how it was designed. I will back this up by obvious in game details. Firstly when leaving dinoville it states, warning you are now entering a PVP area. So if you don't want to fight stay in DV. Secondly, when you own a building it forces you to go duelist and it gives you a warning about other players being able to attack you, hence fame being directly linked to PVP. Fighting always was a huge part of the game, direct competition is what fuels people spending money on the game. The people that fund this game for the passive players are the aggressive ones because they want to win wars so they buy gold to upgrade and buy supply charges and violent damage boosters, passive players simply don't do that. And at the level some people are at now, maxed level Dino, gun, implants, and techs, without PVP there is nothing else to do so they would quit the game and no longer spend money.

What pulp fiction wants is a welfare state where everyone has a fair fighting chance, this game could not survive under such terms because as I stated previously the players that fight are the ones who spend the money.

Back to PVP protection, the truely passive players have no need to buy it because no one attacks them, it's the losing clans that buy it to sheild themselves, if your are maxed level 40 and buy protection, it takes a key aspect, the money driving aspect out of the game. So if you really want to see Dino Storm thrive, it's directly linked to fighting between clans.

And as for the whining and complaining about one clan controlling the whole server, fix it, take that clan down, if they are really as oppressive as you lead on it should be no problem gathering enough people to do so. Truth is DMR in regular fries case has slightly over 60 members, to control 5.maps. If you can't figure out a way to beat that, you don't deserve to run your mouth

arachyd

Reaction score
Where your argument is flawed is that these are all fairly recent changes. The game was not designed for involuntary pvp. It was even written into the code of conduct (COC). Outlaw hunters would relentlessly hunt down anyone who attacked a nonduelist player.

Pulp Fiction

Reaction score
I've only played in one server (or maybe two, I think I started in America_5 but quit @ level 10 to play in America_1), so I don't know how the other servers are... but one standard election system may not work efficiently on each server. A server with a high amount of active players should have more elections per year.
Let's say Am_1 has 1000 daily active players... for every 100 DAP: 1 (street), 2 (district) and 4 (town) hour(s) could be deducted from each election. Elections are too long on the most populated server(s)... having 20 hardcore players waiting the same length of time as 100+ hardcore players isn't right.

Back on topic... just because this is a PvP game doesn't mean fighting (defending yourself) should be mandatory. A PvP game is still a game... and games are meant to be fun... but certain players use PvP games to be tough guys online because they're losers in real life... so PvP Protection is necessary for players who want to opt out of fighting and do their own thing, such as ride by a Spanish-speaking player who hates "gringos" w/o being attacked. That's another problem... the xenophobia... being attacked just because you're not Latino. No one should have to stay in Dinoville just because they're from the US/UK/AUS.

And trust me, a lot of us wanted to and tried to take down the top clan of Am_1, but when different clans try to fight together as one power clan yet have different allies/enemies, it is hard to fight together... it is hard to get everyone on the same page when some people are afraid of the possible consequences of losing. They're afraid their names will be taken off of the rex list... so they'll agree to have 2 Mexican, 1 Brazilian and 1 English win sheriff instead of having no English player win sheriff at all.

Pulp Fiction

Reaction score
Scratch deducting hours from elections... I don't want that retired sheriff from Am_1 whining about how unfair that'd be. What the devs should do is add more time to elections in the least populated server(s)... Sheriff election should be 28 days instead of 14 days in that/those server(s).

djg5014

Reaction score
Actually if you played from the beginning, outlaw hunters were useless. They couldn't kill a max level player back in the start of the game. 2 or 3 of them would have a hard time doing so. Outlaw hunters were only strong for a short period of time.

As for the Latino and BR clans, and the reason we run AM2 the way we do is because we got back stabbed by truces and treaties, thinking they could control the server through multiple alliances. Not positive, but AM2 is probably one of the very few servers run by an English speaking clan, and we fully intend on keeping it that way. You may hate the tyranny that we have over the server, but my friends and I fought tooth and nail against BR and Latino alliances, completely out numbered, to get to where we are today. We aren't as ruthless as other ruling clans. Yes we control elections but we most certainly do not kill random newbies.

djg5014

Reaction score
And pulp, if you want a T-Rex that bad, come to AM 2, 14 days is a long time for waiting for one election, I agree, 26 sheriffs a year is very low for the amount of people that play now.

I mainly wish I played on AM1 from the start, I'm sure things could have been different

Pulp Fiction

Reaction score
I've repeatedly said I do not want or care about getting a rex. That was never a dream/goal of mine, honestly. And now that the only way to get gold coins is via money or those free offers, I haven't played much since November... I only played for a couple days after the Green Volcano update to gather information to post feedback on this forum.

As for English-speaking players dominating Am_2... that's nice and all, but I stand by what I've been saying. There shouldn't be "us" (English) vs "them" (Spanish/Portuguese) in each server. I wonder how the Asian servers are... who dominates those servers?

Regular Fries

Reaction score
Maybe in the history of AM2, English speaking is in English clan and BRs and Spanish have their own clan. But after many wars that Strike Force, which is all English-speaking, always winning and they always been defeated others became an ally. So presently, some BRs and Spanish is in our clan. Some are ex-enemies.
As I know, BRs try to dominate Asia1. It is like Brazilian versus several types of race like Indians and Filipinos.

Trivia

Reaction score
your last post, have topics racists, Regular Fries

Pulp Fiction

Reaction score
Trivia said:
and this, ladies and gents, is why this forum and the game needs native English-speaking moderators!

Pulp Fiction

Reaction score
Regular Fries said:
Maybe in the history of AM2, English speaking is in English clan and BRs and Spanish have their own clan. But after many wars that Strike Force, which is all English-speaking, always winning and they always been defeated others became an ally. So presently, some BRs and Spanish is in our clan. Some are ex-enemies.
As I know, BRs try to dominate Asia1. It is like Brazilian versus several types of race like Indians and Filipinos.
oh... thanks, RF :) ...i'd expect Asian ethnic groups (Indians and Filipinos) to dominate Asia servers... but it seems the Brazilians took over...

Pulp Fiction

Reaction score
Pulp Fiction said:
Trivia said:
and this, ladies and gents, is why this forum and the game needs native English-speaking moderators!
let me add to this so Trivia will understand...

A lot of MMORPG, including Dino Storm, lack ethnic integration... players join clans with people they can communicate with in their native tongues... you should know this.

Since America (the continents, not only the USA) is so diverse, there are bound to be "ethnic wars" in a PvP game... players are patriotic and arrogant... they don't just fight to win fake elections, they fight to win clan wars for their real country (US, Mexico, Brazil, etc). Most players "stick with their own (ethnic group)" because they have to in order to level up and have a good time.

Regular Fries

Reaction score
Sorry Trivia, I didn't intent to be a racist. I am not like that. I respect all race their cultures and beliefs. I just said the facts about what happened and what is happening in every server. Not my intention to harm or to offend.

Regular Fries

Reaction score
Yes, Pulp. It is like BRs like to dominate maybe every server. Because they have numbers also most of them are money players. I heard that their gold coins are much cheaper in their country.

Reaction score
Postby Trivia » Fri Jul 11, 2014 9:40 am
Trivia, I played this game since mid September 2012. I've been thru the worst of the abuse in America 1. You call us racist. I've been called everything in the Spanish bad language dictionary and it don't stop either. I explained it August of last year to you folks in my leaving of the game due to health reasons and it was promptly deleted. It seems that when we have issues, posted to your splitscreen site very little is done.

Those players know it cause they spend the most and can get away with it. So we vent our situations to this site, it gets ignored or deleted. In that makes us spend less n less till we are done with the game and wish to warn other English players of what they are getting into which is a no win situation, even though they spend their entertainment dollars and get cussed, laughed at, and stomped daily. Nobody wants to play a game like that.
Until you ridden down the game trail longer than me and several others that have posted just to this thread,
I would respectfully ask you retract your statement....

Pulp Fiction

Reaction score
:LOL: the original topic of removing PvP Protection? Regular Fries didn't thoroughly think it through, therefore this topic should be locked.

Without outlaw hunters or guardians (for level 35+), the English-speaking players in all servers except America_2 won't be able to play in peace without being harassed by Spanish-speaking and Portuguese-speaking players.

Before making suggestions, think about ALL PLAYERS ON ALL SERVERS, NOT JUST PLAYERS ON YOUR SERVER!

Reaction score
Sorry, Arachyd and Pulp, when someone starts tossin' around inflammatory statements but have not experienced the actual problem. I felt it was time to lean in. However, Pulp made the right point and it should be case closed....

OlafWarmheart

Reaction score
I really hate the idea of using our hard earn fame to pvp protection, it's hard enough to gain fame with large clans taking over areas all over D.S. I'd rather spend Dino dollars to get pvp protection then fame but that's just me...