What's new

Feedback thread for the "Balancing Update"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Highway

Splitscreen Studios
Reaction score
Hello Dino Rangers

The next big Dino Storm update " #10 Dinosaur & Weapon Balance" is currently in the testing phase. It is now ready for the public PTR test which will help us find remaining issues, get your feedback and provide insight into server performance. As soon as everything runs smoothly and we could incorporate your feedback, the testing phase will conclude with the live release to follow shortly after.

:info: Please Read This Before Joining the Test:
  • The PTR ("Public Test Realm") is exclusively used for testing.
  • The server is running a fresh new state without any players on it. After you create your avatar, it will automatically be given the items etc. which are required for testing the new update.
  • Many elements you will see on the PTR are still work in progress and might change during testing & live release.
  • Only the english language is available for the client.
  • To gain access to the PTR you may need to register a new Splitscreen Games account. Access to register and play on the PTR is here: https://ptr.dinostorm.com/

:!: Design Changes Only for the Public Test:
The changes below are only applied during the testing phase and will be reverted/not take place when the update goes live.
  • New players will be prepared for testing after creating their avatar (takes a few seconds)
    • Each player will be set to max level
    • Each player will get all dinos at max level
    • Each player will get all weapons at max level
    • Each player will get all modules & implants at max level (5x per item)
    • Each player will get a clothing/skins at max level & quality for each slot and for each attribute
      • color coded by attribute (some colors are duplicated as we have more attributes than base colors)
    • In the end the player will be moved to dinoville near the gate that leads to goldfields
  • All Claims & Supply Camps are automatically supplied by dinoville
  • First test phase will only allow PVP combat, while PVE will come at later
    • all PVE mobs & group quests are disabled so that no unit spawns
    • all playes are locked into the PVP engaged status
  • Disabled that clothing & skins will expire/worn out
  • Disabled damage booster
  • Maps & icons are automatically discovered one entered them.

:?: Questions to the Community
It would be great if you can use the following questions as a guideline when you provide your feedback here.
  • How do you like the feel of each dinosaur compared to the old balance?
  • Do the dinos provide a useful variety for you?
  • Do the Implants and Modules encourage different combinations?
  • Do you enjoy the rebalance and why?
  • Would you change your dino and why, when the update goes live?

You can read the full changelog of the public ptr here => Changelog
Have fun and post your feedback here & Bugs there => Bug Forum
:celebrate: :)

Last edited:

XxSr.DinoxX

Reaction score
Server
America_5
Main Char
Haddock
Clan
xXLegion Of DeathXx
I can't get in the test because of the number of players, I'm half an hour clicking this button and unfortunately it took away all my hype .... I don't want to be boring, but it would be nice if you add

istencsaszar

Reaction score
Server
Europe_1
Main Char
Odin.
Clan
-
I can't get in the test because of the number of players, I'm half an hour clicking this button and unfortunately it took away all my hype .... I don't want to be boring, but it would be nice if you add
Consider yourself lucky...

Highway

Splitscreen Studios
Reaction score
Sorry PTR Server is full already. You need to wait until a slot gets free to be atuo logged in. We are already at the limit, otherwise it will lag for everyone.

We will keep the PTR open as long as everyone could test it out.

diondre246

Reaction score
Server
Asia_1
Main Char
-I- Simon -I-
Clan
Asylum
Honestly it's fun but pvp is way to long, PM and Show seem to be the best guns in pvp aspect for me and the tanking dinos seemed to honestly tank and prevail in 1v1 and 1v1+ aspects

IZ xXNOOBXx IZ

Reaction score
Server
Asia_1
Main Char
IZ xXNOOBXx IZ
Clan
REQUIEM
Olá, gostaria de dizer que os dinos estão muito vivos e isso praticamente estragou o pvp e pve, se possível aumentar o dano das armas para igualar com a vida dos dinos, anky brachy são super op, com isso em mente se possível, aumentar o dano a todas as armas seria muito recompensador!

Targaryen

Reaction score
Server
Asia_1
Main Char
Lucas Apenaz
Clan
Yakuza
Os “efeitos” aplicados a nós, por armas ou dinossauros, fica quase impossível ler o que cada um fala quando o recebemos no topo da nossa barra de vida, deixo o mouse em cima em vários ângulos e formas, e nada. Seria bom torná-lo talvez um pouco maior para torná-lo mais fácil

XxSr.DinoxX

Reaction score
Server
America_5
Main Char
Haddock
Clan
xXLegion Of DeathXx
Sorry PTR Server is full already. You need to wait until a slot gets free to be atuo logged in. We are already at the limit, otherwise it will lag for everyone.

We will keep the PTR open as long as everyone could test it out.
okay, but there's no way to open another server, right? there are a lot of players left who waited more than 235 days for this incredible update, without wanting to be boring but I don't think we deserve it all day long, if only a few of the missing players make it.

Slaideer..

Reaction score
Server
America_3
Main Char
Slaideer..
Clan
StormNight
I've been sitting at this tab for an hour now and it still didn't load why is this happening?View attachment 40216
The same thing happened to me, I waited for several hours and was unable to enter. I told some friends after I had the procedures done and they still came in and I didn't.

Another thing is that I tried to enter again a little while ago and I was told that my password is incorrect, even though I reset it, insisting that it is incorrect. 🤡🤡🤡

Pleiadian

Reaction score
Server
America_1
Main Char
Rembrandt.
Clan
-
First Impression

The PvP is way too long, it's almost boring. The PvP needs to be looked into and adjusted a bit. I don't know exactly what needs to be changed specifically, but there needs to be that sweet spot where a PvP is neither too short nor too long.

Additionally
The damage on guns need to be increased a bit since the damage values are quite low compared to an opponent with 700k health

But dont worry the PTR will stay online for a few days.
When can we expect the PvE?

Thiago Alexandre

Reaction score
Server
America_5
Main Char
BigMike
Clan
N/A
Eu estou tendo um problema, eu estou tentando entrar no game, mas varias vezes que eu estou na posição 70 eu volto para a posição 130 isso é normal?

XxSr.DinoxX

Reaction score
Server
America_5
Main Char
Haddock
Clan
xXLegion Of DeathXx
[QUOTE = "Thiago Alexandre, postagem: 52021, membro: 24453"]
Eu estou tendo um problema, estou tentando entrar no jogo, várias vezes que eu estou na posição 70 eu volto para a posição 130 isso é normal?
[/ CITAR]
d Achei a solução para os nossos problemas, para entrar no servidor público tem que passar da posição 130 ou menos ou mais, pra até 1, entretanto atualizando e tendo paciência.

XxSr.DinoxX

Reaction score
Server
America_5
Main Char
Haddock
Clan
xXLegion Of DeathXx

snnrk

Reaction score
Server
America_4
Main Char
_Sunork_
Clan
-
Eu estou tendo um problema, eu estou tentando entrar no game, mas varias vezes que eu estou na posição 70 eu volto para a posição 130 isso é normal?
Também tive esse problema, mas resolveu fechando e abrindo o jogo novamente. Agora a contagem segue normal mas ainda não consegui entrar.

Pleiadian

Reaction score
Server
America_1
Main Char
Rembrandt.
Clan
-
@Highway Would it be possible to enable Damage Boosters? I would like to see how Damage Boosters would do in combat.

The PvP feels like it's never-ending...

Thround

Reaction score
Hello,

Questions for the community:

Do you think that there should be more methods to increase Dino Damage in PvP? (Excluding Booster)

Do you think that Weapons DpS (Damage per Second) is good enough in its current rate or needs a bit of increase/decrease?

Targaryen

Reaction score
Server
Asia_1
Main Char
Lucas Apenaz
Clan
Yakuza
Hello,

Questions for the community:

Do you think that there should be more methods to increase Dino Damage in PvP? (Excluding Booster)

Do you think that Weapons DpS (Damage per Second) is good enough in its current rate or needs a bit of increase/decrease?
I think they could increase the frequency and penetration of all weapons, since there is a lot of life now, I miss the damage, frequency and penetration, in order to maintain a greater balance so as not to have to increase the damage and become "a stronger weapon, or a stronger dinosaur "

Galaxy

Reaction score
Server
America_5
Main Char
Galax
Clan
No clan
after a few hours on the test server you notice:
1º - dinos with a lot of life, resulting in extremely long fights.
2nd - very high range of weapons, the firing of a short-range weapon, easily reach a long-range weapon.
3rd - new skill of the peacemaker '' range up '' is not very useful, compared to the new skills of the other weapons.
4th - Rex and Carnotarous, have very little damage even when using force implants, thus being at a disadvantage, in addition to being easily prevented from approaching to use their skills.
5th - the new skill of the parasaurus '' dodge '' is extremely Op, he is practically immune from damage for 16 seconds.

the update really looks promising and fun, but it still needs some tweaking;)

OrionZG

Reaction score
Server
America_2
Main Char
WandersZ.
Clan
Sinceramente el balance me encantó, y puedo decir que superó mis expectativas no obstante existen varios problemas que impiden disfrutarlas al máximo.
Dare mis puntos buenos y malos, incluso algunas sugerencias.

PUNTOS MALOS:

-Las armas no tienen un daño (de disparo) diferente, todas hacen el daño exactamente igual (no la habilidad). Al menos con el tiempo que estuve la Escopeta, Yager, Pacemaker y Colt hacían el mismo daño de cerca. Prácticamente el daño a distancia aun continúa, que es el principal problema de nuestro pvp actual.

-El pvp es excesivamente largo.

-No sé si sea bug, pero a veces el arma no dispara sin antes lanzar la habilidad. (Corriganme si me equivoco, pero creo haber leído en la lista que enviaro unos días cada arma y dinosuario debe hacer un golpe para activar el efecto) Sea lo que sea, no me gusta esta característica.

-El implante de reflexión no dura lo suficiente y sigue en tardar en activarse, (creo que debieron dejarla como un implante sin activación, por lo menos es lo que yo pienso).

-Cuando te acercas a un dinosaurio y te alejas, el dinosaurio camina hacía atrás mirando al frente de tuyo. En esa situación el dinosaurio no ataca sólo el arma, personalmente lo siento raro.

-Las etiquetas de efectos son muy chicas.

-Cuando te enfrentas a un enemigo, la barra de potencia extra no se rellena, solamente se rellena cuando alguien te ataca. Creo que esto lo mencionaron en la lista de cambios junto al Tercer punto, (Creo), sinceramente está idea no me gusta.

-El implante de estabilidad y regulacion de calor no fue como esperaba, en mi opinión usar estos implantes al nivel máximo debería reducir 2 segundos los efectos específicos.

PUNTOS BUENOS:

-Me agrada la idea que cada etiqueta de efecto sea de diferente color.

-La habilidades ahora son independientes y cada una recarga de diferente manera, esto si me gusto, especialmente porque ahora existen roles.

-Cada arma y dinosaurio es único, sinceramente esto es lo que más me gusta del balance, que cada arma y dinosaurio tenga diversas variables agrega una buena forma de pvp.

SUGERENCIAS:
-Aumentar el daño de las armas dependiendo el rol que tienen.

-Tanto armas como dinosaurios deberían aumentar más el daño o disminuir en cierto punto la vitalidad. Todo esto para que el pvp no sea tan excesivamente largo.

-La carga de extra debería subir junto con las armas y Dinosaurios.

-Había dicho que me agrado la idea de las habilidades independientes, no obstante no me agrada mucho atacar a un sólo enemigo, esto es una "esxcusa" para usar el implante de garras, no me molestaría que al menos ciertas habilidades ataquen por lo mínimo 2 enemigos a la vez, por ejemplo el rugido del T-Rex.

Y eso fue todo por el momento, me hubiera gustado opniar y probar más al respecto pero el juego me terminó sacando. En resumen, el balance es bueno, sólo necesitan pulir y quitar ciertos puntos.

Thround

Reaction score
I have a suggestion that requires your opinion.

Considering that Recovery work with percent system, and percent system is typically balanced with all Dinosaurs.

Also since Strength implant & Vitality implant works by adding fixed value of attribute that works differently depends on the Dinosaur it is used with. (Strength better with Brachiosaurus & Vitality better with Tyrannosaurus Rex)

How about we switch the function of Vitality & Strength so that they increase Dinosaurs existing attributes by a percent instead of by fixed value?

Example, Strength implant increases Strength attribute by 10% at level55.

Brachiosaurus will gain less fixed value of Strength attribute than Tyrannosaurus Rex, but in terms of balance, that would compensate T-Rex for its lack of Vitality and Recovery fixed values.

The opposite is true for Brachiosaurus whom will gain more fixed value of Vitality attribute by Vitality implant than Tyrannosaurus Rex, but that would compensate it for its lack of Strength.

Status
Not open for further replies.