What's new

Coelophysis's nerf

If something should be removed, what it would be?

• 1. Remove speed up effect from rapid strike skill

Votes: 29 33.7%
  • 2. Remove slowdown effect rapid strike skill

Votes: 8 9.3%
  • 3. Increase cooldown after using rapid strike skill

Votes: 13 15.1%
  • 4. It can stay as it is

Votes: 36 41.9%

• Total voters

MX Power

Reaction score
Server
Europe_1
Main Char
M X Power
Clan
Extra Power
(x), as ik in eu1 there was no real wars since balance update came out, so what i think you dont have experience fighting vs coel in scenarios which i have given, beside it, dont forget that for coel players its enough to charge extra and then use rapid strikes skill on any mob or object like tree to affect itself with speed up, its unnecessary to use this skill on player which is chasing you
Excuse me? We were talking about Coelophysis damage in melee combat, and what I said is that you can't give coelo credit for something gatling did.

slejd2001

Reaction score
Server
Europe_3
Main Char
-R_3_V-3_N-A-N_T-
Clan
-I-Edgerunners-I-
Excuse me but aren't all dinosaurs suppose to be balanced in melee combat?
coel's rapid strikes skill and pachy's paralize skill doesnt help in full close range pvp, this is why you can easily whip them in full close range pvps using rex or carno, what it really helps is to keep catchers in far range or runners in close range, what this class has his name for - Hit(slowdown or paralize) & Run(run to enemy or from enemy), what means you can use full close range setup vs runners and far range setup vs catchers. conclusion, as i see it, coels and pachys shouldnt even beat everyone in close range, otherwise as i said in previouse comment, it would make it universal and maybe op or something like that

Last edited:

slejd2001

Reaction score
Server
Europe_3
Main Char
-R_3_V-3_N-A-N_T-
Clan
-I-Edgerunners-I-
Excuse me? We were talking about Coelophysis damage in melee combat, and what I said is that you can't give coelo credit for something gatling did.
yes, about gat i agreed as you saw and now i understood what you meant, i missunderstood that your part, but what i wanted to say with this part, that you or your enemies maybe didnt have enough of experience in pvp with coels

Galaxy

Reaction score
Server
America_5
Main Char
Galax
Clan
No clan
Calm down guys, no need discussion, the developers won't change any dino, the Coelo and other dinos problems will continue for a long time... ;)

MX Power

Reaction score
Server
Europe_1
Main Char
M X Power
Clan
Extra Power
should be and what i said in this part isnt complaining, just explanation that its good and should stay like this, but what we are talking about in this thread is that coel is hard to be killed in far range bcs of rapid strikes skill, what i said there is example that coel can kill anyone, but coel almost cant be killed by anyone
And I was only arguing that Coelophysis need to be able to evade, because it can't survive in melee combat as effectively as other dinosaurs. And if you plan to make it less effective in evading, then you should compensate it by letting it be stronger in melee combat. Else, then just leave it as it is.

i have told you with examples that heat imp/cold resistance clothes or agility counter paralize
But you are forgetting that you are fighting a normal melee combat, means your opponent now have stronger implants combination and he could easily avoid using paralyze by that point, making your implant waste of slots. Same goes for clothes.

yes, this is what helps for para against all dinos, but vs coel dodge doesnt allow to escape if para player is fighting in far range, bcs as i said before, even if rapid strikes skill is missed or dodges, coel will be affected with speed up anyway
Again, I was talking about melee combat.

ok ill believ, but what if 2 coel players fight vs 2 rex players, will they manage then to kill both coels, doesnt it get like while you kill 1 coel player and 2 rex players die before killing 2nd coel?
Shock doesn't need power to activate, and the second coelophysis need be attacked to use its speed up effect, while the first one will get shocked by two players and won't be able to use it too.

I don't think or say "can't assume" that Coelohysis can kill T-Rex in 2 vs 2, Coelophysis can keep harass it from long range, while all T-Rex need to do is bleed it and half of its health is gone.

still, how you will even manage to affect coel with it, if you cant even get close to it?
Coelo need to get close to active Speed up. Once it does, bleed, and now it is slowed down by your bleed as well.

good morning, stab was decreasing slowdown from dino hits even before balance update, about bleed and burn i dont remember, ill send videos for comparison in separate comment
Bruh, I use stability all the time, I never noticed any reduction.

it is the case based on my and other players experience, with who i talked about coel: endu, stab, heat imp, any other imp setup
there is chance when they are dealing damage, not so much when they aren't. And I explained in the previous point why I think that's fair and where is the actual problem that needs to be addressed.

as i think it shouldnt survive against any opponent, otherwise it would be universal choice and would make this dino op or something like that
T-Rex & Carnotaurus can, even Parasaurolophus, so why shouldn't Coelo? if it is because of its evade ability, then as you see, it is necessary to keep it as it is. Weak in melee but able to escape it.

excuse me what? how you gonna protect towers from enemies if they wont die and just stay around your tower, when enemies die they have to respawn in other tower and then it takes them a time to get to tower, specially if all towers near are red, otherwise they will just keep going into circle to make it be red for longer time and if you gonna fight with rex vs coel in far range, then i can assure you that you will die, unless as you said before, you wait when coel players come close to you, what is not logic to do, and then you kill them
They are good at escaping, not facing you head to head, all your literally need is Vitality implant with T-Rex, and range tech, then Coelophysis can't fight you, neither in close nor in far ranged. And if they can't get near you, then they can't get near the circle too.

when the enemy die, that's totally a different scenario that I haven't even mentioned and it happens regardless whether your enemy can evade combat or not. There will always be that delay where your buildings get drained before you are able to protect. Not killing your opponent is actually more helpful than killing them so they spawn and attack in different area while you have duelist and can't teleport from where you killed them.

slejd2001

Reaction score
Server
Europe_3
Main Char
-R_3_V-3_N-A-N_T-
Clan
-I-Edgerunners-I-
Shock doesn't need power to activate, and the second coelophysis need be attacked to use its speed up effect, while the first one will get shocked by two players and won't be able to use it too.
they dont, but what happens when both t-rexes come to close range to that coel? they wont be able to shoot what wont allow for shock to deplete extra in that time and then coel player could easily use rapid strikes skill and run away, ofc 1 could stay in far range to shoot and another could attack in close range, but as you said, it maybe wont be enough of 1 player with shock to stop coel from escaping

Coelo need to get close to active Speed up. Once it does, bleed, and now it is slowed down by your bleed as well.
dude, i explained in some of previous comments that for coel player its enough to activate speed on any mob or object, its unnecessary to get close to player to active on him, its possible to activate on anything what is close already

T-Rex & Carnotaurus can, even Parasaurolophus, so why shouldn't Coelo? if it is because of its evade ability, then as you see, it is necessary to keep it as it is. Weak in melee but able to escape it.
para is allround and coel isnt right?

all your literally need is Vitality implant with T-Rex, and range tech, then Coelophysis can't fight you, neither in close nor in far ranged. And if they can't get near you, then they can't get near the circle too.
dont you understand that rex has less hp than coel? even if you are using all same things, coel will kill you in far range without big problems, bcs rex simply has less hp than coel

Not killing your opponent is actually more helpful than killing them so they spawn and attack in different area while you have duelist and can't teleport from where you killed them.
yes they spawn in other place, but your strategy for waiting coels to come and you make them bleed doesnt work, coel kills rex in far range, as i said before, it seems that you really have unexperienced enemies

slejd2001

Reaction score
Server
Europe_3
Main Char
-R_3_V-3_N-A-N_T-
Clan
-I-Edgerunners-I-
But you are forgetting that you are fighting a normal melee combat, means your opponent now have stronger implants combination and he could easily avoid using paralyze by that point, making your implant waste of slots. Same goes for clothes.
those imps make enemy to use less those skills and if enemy would use, then he wouldnt benefit from effects as he would if i didnt use certain staff, this is the use and still over time in far range extra is charged and if enemy doesnt use skills even with extra then enemy still will deal less dmg in fight

slejd2001

Reaction score
Server
Europe_3
Main Char
-R_3_V-3_N-A-N_T-
Clan
-I-Edgerunners-I-
Calm down guys, no need discussion, the developers won't change any dino, the Coelo and other dinos problems will continue for a long time... ;)
at least nobody will say that ppl didnt care

Agusdim

Reaction score
Server
America_1
Main Char
Agusdim
Clan
The Revolution
Isn't this the case with literally every other dino? Gatling on itself is strong for its 75% chance of making every hit a critical one, that's however is irrelevant. What happens is your slightly increased damage by damage up effect get critical 75% of the time.
The coelophysis ability does 400% damage, plus 33% of its powerup, coelophysis is the 3rd on the list of strongest, try before you comment.

slejd2001

Reaction score
Server
Europe_3
Main Char
-R_3_V-3_N-A-N_T-
Clan
-I-Edgerunners-I-
please dont change the ceolo xD it is better the way it is :) his endurance is its strength.. so every dino has strengths and weakness
yea endu is its strong side and it should stay like that, but we are talking here not about endu, but about rapid strikes skill

Reaction score
Server
Asia_1
Main Char
-KURT-
Clan
Vortex
yea endu is its strong side and it should stay like that, but we are talking here not about endu, but about rapid strikes skill
haha yeah i gues.. but its literally the only thing that keeps me alive these days.. ceolo takes a lot of damage in close range battles against carnos, centros.. i have no idea why i tried armor, agility but it is the same.. hit and run is the only way to survive xD

Xx_KingOfWolves_xX

Reaction score
Server
America_1
Main Char
Xx_KingOfWolves_xX
Clan
The Revolution
O centro ta na mesma classe que o parasauro ? se tiver porque o parasauro tanka mais que o parasauro?? skil de agilidade do parasauro ta robada

slejd2001

Reaction score
Server
Europe_3
Main Char
-R_3_V-3_N-A-N_T-
Clan
-I-Edgerunners-I-
O centro ta na mesma classe que o parasauro ? se tiver porque o parasauro tanka mais que o parasauro?? skil de agilidade do parasauro ta robada
yes they are at same class, both are allrounders
i think that para is better at tanking doesnt mean that its something bad, para has less hp than centro

Xx_KingOfWolves_xX

Reaction score
Server
America_1
Main Char
Xx_KingOfWolves_xX
Clan
The Revolution
What I meant is that the center is strong, I've been using it for many years now and in this update I thought it got stronger but I feel there's something missing in it for him to improve, melee and it's almost impossible to win in 1v1 against any dino (depending on the player and game mode that player plays with the dino), the center spotlight has 39 sec cooldown and the flesh it heals 50% of all damage it deals, that makes him tank and at the same time do a lot of damage, to hunt he has flesh pulling 7 alphas 53 smilos, thanks to this skil kkk.
I say from the center that it could be stronger to reduce the recharge time of one of the two skils, reduce 5 sec already helps

slejd2001

Reaction score
Server
Europe_3
Main Char
-R_3_V-3_N-A-N_T-
Clan
-I-Edgerunners-I-
What I meant is that the center is strong, I've been using it for many years now and in this update I thought it got stronger but I feel there's something missing in it for him to improve, melee and it's almost impossible to win in 1v1 against any dino (depending on the player and game mode that player plays with the dino), the center spotlight has 39 sec cooldown and the flesh it heals 50% of all damage it deals, that makes him tank and at the same time do a lot of damage, to hunt he has flesh pulling 7 alphas 53 smilos, thanks to this skil kkk.
I say from the center that it could be stronger to reduce the recharge time of one of the two skils, reduce 5 sec already helps
yea, talk about reducing skill cooldowns and other things for centro is in this thread: https://forum.dinostorm.com/threads/feedback-balance-dinosaurs-some.20338/#post-61058

slejd2001

Reaction score
Server
Europe_3
Main Char
-R_3_V-3_N-A-N_T-
Clan
-I-Edgerunners-I-
@MX Power i have asked other players about if shock helps to prevent coels from running away and they said that it does, bleed does help to catch coels as well when coels get into close range at certain circumstances, but there is bug with bleed that sometimes bleed doesnt slowdown at all even if players doesnt have stab, but overall if this bug would be fixed rex+shock possibly would be good solution to catch coels

I have thought about close range combos for runners to catch those runners who fight in far range and it seems promising

Overall if things above will work well, then maybe coel's rapid strikes skill could stay as it is

OrionZG

Reaction score
Server
America_2
Main Char
WandersZ.
Clan
Nice Coelo Storm

and those were some of many other players who were using it in a war

Screenshot_23.png

slejd2001

Reaction score
Server
Europe_3
Main Char
-R_3_V-3_N-A-N_T-
Clan
-I-Edgerunners-I-
is it for other harder to catch coels since slowdown from bleed and burn was removed?

Pleiadian

Reaction score
Server
America_1
Main Char
Rembrandt.
Clan
-
is it for other harder to catch coels since slowdown from bleed and burn was removed?
Yes, there's more difficulty now in catching them. The only possible way to kill them would be Freeze Tech-- but that's not very useful if a player has Heat Regulator Implant. 2nd possibility is Endurance implant, by moving quicker closer to them, but yet, that still doesn't help if Coelophysis player is in constant movement.

slejd2001

Reaction score
Server
Europe_3
Main Char
-R_3_V-3_N-A-N_T-
Clan
-I-Edgerunners-I-
Yes, there's more difficulty now in catching them. The only possible way to kill them would be Freeze Tech-- but that's not very useful if a player has Heat Regulator Implant. 2nd possibility is Endurance implant, by moving quicker closer to them, but yet, that still doesn't help if Coelophysis player is in constant movement.
have you or anyone other tried that while using shock tech as well?

Pleiadian

Reaction score
Server
America_1
Main Char
Rembrandt.
Clan
-
I'd like to take this opportunity to say that now that slowdown from Bleed and Burn has been removed, it's near impossible to kill a Coelophysis (on 1 versus 1) without the correct Tech/ Implant, which makes me thinks, that through small updates like these, the whole combat aspect of things gets unbalance.

vansh

Reaction score
Server
Asia_1
Main Char
.-W-H-A-L-E-S-.
Clan
dommy mommy hungry milkies
Coel is ok. Rex with endurance can still chase and kill.

Last edited:

OrionZG

Reaction score
Server
America_2
Main Char
WandersZ.
Clan
Coel is ok. Rex with endurance can still chase and kill.
rex should have less endurance and coelophysis less vitality xd

vansh

Reaction score
Server
Asia_1
Main Char
.-W-H-A-L-E-S-.
Clan
dommy mommy hungry milkies
as if all players have rex 😂😂
In Asia_1 I would say 40% to 60% active population has rex and map holders bring in players from other server to give them rex in exchange to fight for them. As far as I know there are even suppliers from other servers coming to supply the gates in Asia_1.

Last edited:

slejd2001

Reaction score
Server
Europe_3
Main Char
-R_3_V-3_N-A-N_T-
Clan
-I-Edgerunners-I-