What's new

Coelophysis's nerf

If something should be removed, what it would be?

• 1. Remove speed up effect from rapid strike skill

Votes: 29 33.7%
  • 2. Remove slowdown effect rapid strike skill

Votes: 8 9.3%
  • 3. Increase cooldown after using rapid strike skill

Votes: 13 15.1%
  • 4. It can stay as it is

Votes: 36 41.9%

• Total voters

slejd2001

Reaction score
Server
Europe_3
Main Char
-R_3_V-3_N-A-N_T-
Clan
-I-Edgerunners-I-
OP about coelophysis (coel) is the thing that with imp combo: endurance (endu), heat regulator (heat), stability (stab), 'any other imp' coel is impossible to catch and mostly possible to kill in 1v1 with same combo and this is why. Stab decreases slowdown for dino hits and stun effect duration, heat regulator decreases paralize and slowdown effects durations and beside that coel is fastest dino in game, with endurance its even faster. It turns out that there is no way to slowdown coel, beside it, coel can cast slowdown effect on enemies and at same time affect itself with speed up effect with rapid strike skill. Slowdown effect can be countered with heat imp but there is no counter for speed up effect.

You may say that using shock could be an option, but in these days extra power is charged very fast and for coel player its enough to use rapid strike skill on any mob to affects itself with speed up. You may say as well that any other dino with higher hp could over-tank coel, but the thing is that coel can just run away or get into close range and kill that enemy in close range, its not hard to do that with coel even having full far range combo, because coel has jump attack skill which affects him with dino damage up effect and if enemy with higher hp would mix techs fitable for far and close ranges, like taking strength imp or dino defense tech, it would leave enemy in disadvantage in far range fight.

As I see solutions for nerfing coel would be following:
  1. Remove speed up effect from rapid strike skill
  2. Remove slowdown effect rapid strike skill
  3. Increase skill cooldown for +30-40 sec like tanks and centrosaurus currently have

Why I think these solutions could help:
  1. Pachycephalosaurus is like analog for peacemaker, because of paralize effects and coel is like analog for yager, because of slowdown effect, but yager doesn't affect player with speed up what coel does and when coel would only cast enemies with slowdown then it could be countered with heat imp. You may say then that coel will be less used or even bad, but after less players will use coel then less players may use heat imp what will let coels have advantage and so on.
  2. If coels wouldn't cast slowdown effect on enemies, then heat imp wouldn't be needed what would let taking some other imp instead of heat, what could give extra possibility to do dmg for coels while they haven't run away.
  3. It could possibly make coel players use rapid strike skill more wisely, as if they miss or something else bad happens, then they wont be able to use that skill for a long time. At same time it may make no effect as its mostly enough to use one time to run away in fight.

As for my mind the best option would be to remove speed up effect. As I see it, nerfing stab, endu or heat imps wont change anything, as they will be worse for coel players and for those who are trying to catch them. I have put poll that players would decide what they think could be better to remove or/and write your thoughts in replies.

@Highway @Alewx it would be very nice if you would tell what do you think about it.

OrionZG

Reaction score
Server
America_2
Main Char
WandersZ.
Clan
You already used full cold clothing? in theory it should be a viable option to avoid players with lvl 55 heat implants... :unsure:

In my opinion they should increase the cooldown, but reaching a time of 20-25s, maybe ...

And yes, I agree that the implant of heat and stability needs a nerf.

Last edited:

slejd2001

Reaction score
Server
Europe_3
Main Char
-R_3_V-3_N-A-N_T-
Clan
-I-Edgerunners-I-
And yes, I agree that the implant of heat and stability needs a nerf.
im not talking about nerfing these imps, i said that nerfing these isnt an option as it wont help

slejd2001

Reaction score
Server
Europe_3
Main Char
-R_3_V-3_N-A-N_T-
Clan
-I-Edgerunners-I-
You already used full cold clothing? in theory it should be a viable option to avoid players with lvl 55 heat implants... :unsure:
cold or cold resistance clothing?

in any case, i have freez tech and have seen how much slowdown lasts on players with heat, its like 2-4 sec, but this isnt enough to catch coel

Xx-Tito-xX

Reaction score
Server
Europe_3
Main Char
Solreign
Clan
GhostDivision
Nah, the solution would be to increase time duration till the ability cools down as you said but also to decrease the time duration for the skill effect so instead of running fast and slowing enemies by 50% for 11 secs, it could be for 4-5 secs or something, if not that then to remove the idea that heat could counter paralyze and that stability could counter battle cry, atleast then coelo's wouldnt be totally nerfed but players could have a chance to catch them.

Kind regards!

slejd2001

Reaction score
Server
Europe_3
Main Char
-R_3_V-3_N-A-N_T-
Clan
-I-Edgerunners-I-
then to remove the idea that heat could counter paralyze and that stability could counter battle cry, atleast then coelo's wouldnt be totally nerfed but players could have a chance to catch them.

Kind regards!
players with coels could use pm and paralize too, so in this way it wouldnt be really possible to catch either, but about battle cry its not bad point. as i see flee effect could be also affected only with extra power, not without.

Galaxy

Reaction score
Server
America_5
Main Char
Galax
Clan
No clan
it would be nice to change the skill to something that was just a sprint, lasting only 2 seconds, allowing the Coelo to move away, but not being able to run super fast away for 6 seconds or more as it currently is.
in wars this is very uncomfortable and annoying, when you see an enemy Coelo you already know that he will run away if he is dying.
well, but I doubt they will do anything about it, as other topics talking about other dinos that need tweaking were not taken into consideration by the developers

OrionZG

Reaction score
Server
America_2
Main Char
WandersZ.
Clan
cold or cold resistance clothing?

in any case, i have freez tech and have seen how much slowdown lasts on players with heat, its like 2-4 sec, but this isnt enough to catch coel
cold,

In theory, use 55 cold tech + full cold clothing, it should work against players equip 55 cold resistance, because are you overcoming the cold resistance points...

OrionZG

Reaction score
Server
America_2
Main Char
WandersZ.
Clan
im not talking about nerfing these imps, i said that nerfing these isnt an option as it wont help
If it's an option, these implants need enough nerf for players to wear diverse clothing. If you want your enemy not to stop you with paralysis 100%, use 3-4 more clothes to complete with heat resistance.

I mean, the implant of heat to the maximum, should leave 3-4 s remaining of the corresponding effect.
But then there is the question: how to make the paralysis effect last for 0? Easy, wear more diverse clothing (cold resistance) and not just damage (weapon).

Last edited:

slejd2001

Reaction score
Server
Europe_3
Main Char
-R_3_V-3_N-A-N_T-
Clan
-I-Edgerunners-I-
cold,

In theory, use 55 cold tech + full cold clothing, it should work against players equip 55 cold resistance, because are you overcoming the cold resistance points...
cold resistance is name of attribute which clothes can give and heat imp, more cold means more chance of slowing down enemy with shot, not making slowdown longer

slejd2001

Reaction score
Server
Europe_3
Main Char
-R_3_V-3_N-A-N_T-
Clan
-I-Edgerunners-I-
If it's an option, these implants need enough nerf for players to wear diverse clothing. If you want your enemy not to stop you with paralysis 100%, use 3-4 more clothes to complete with heat resistance.

I mean, the implant of heat to the maximum, should leave 3-4 s remaining of the corresponding effect.
But then there is the question: how to make the paralysis effect last for 0? Easy, wear more diverse clothing (cold resistance) and not just damage (weapon).
about paralize lasting 0 sec, what has it to do with coel not being possible to catch? if there is way to make paralize last 0 sec then it wont change much either as either coel players with pm wont be able to slowdown enemies same as those who want to catch coels wont be able to stop coels. i dont get what you said has to do with coel xd

Xx-Tito-xX

Reaction score
Server
Europe_3
Main Char
Solreign
Clan
GhostDivision
Not really, the more cold points you have, the more and faster you slow down players, not make the slow down longer, as you cant increase the duration of an ability, but on the other hand you could decrease the duration of abilities which works if you used heat cloths or stability cloths.

but still this wont solve the coelo issue that everyone has :rolleyes:

Pleiadian

Reaction score
Server
America_1
Main Char
Rembrandt.
Clan
-
You already used full cold clothing? in theory it should be a viable option to avoid players with lvl 55 heat implants...
Realistically speaking, not much player uses full Cold Resistance Clothing. I myself just use 3 Cold Resistance Cloth Level 55 Quality 7 instead of blocking an implant slot with Heat Implants.

About Coelophysis nerf, my opinion would be to remove the slow effect, as it would still give a chance for the Coelo user to run away and escape from battle in case of low health.

Honestly saying, modifying the cooldown or duration effect of Rapid Strike would make it a boring dino to play with. It wouldn't be a real "Hit-And-Run" dino.

Ps to developer: Centrosaurus would need some changes too, players barely use this dino either in war or to hunt.

Last edited:

slejd2001

Reaction score
Server
Europe_3
Main Char
-R_3_V-3_N-A-N_T-
Clan
-I-Edgerunners-I-
Realistically speaking, not much player uses full Cold Resistance Clothing. I myself just use 3 Cold Resistance Cloth Level 55 Quality 7 instead of blocking an implant slot with Heat Implants.
im using 5 clothes 3-5q and its almost same as implant

Funkeria

Reaction score
Server
America_4
Main Char
chunkyfunkycentro
Clan
am4 TwerkTeam
instead of running, make it twerk backwards instead? happy? :v

slejd2001

Reaction score
Server
Europe_3
Main Char
-R_3_V-3_N-A-N_T-
Clan
-I-Edgerunners-I-
i have thought that speed up would be removed, but slowdown effect could be buffed, like instead of 50% of slowdown, it would be 66% of slowdown, like yager has and increasing cooldown would be needed too

Agusdim

Reaction score
Server
America_1
Main Char
Agusdim
Clan
The Revolution
Nah, the solution would be to increase time duration till the ability cools down as you said but also to decrease the time duration for the skill effect so instead of running fast and slowing enemies by 50% for 11 secs, it could be for 4-5 secs or something, if not that then to remove the idea that heat could counter paralyze and that stability could counter battle cry, atleast then coelo's wouldnt be totally nerfed but players could have a chance to catch them.

Kind regards!
The only thing that you will achieve with that change is to make the coelo unattractive to the players again.

Agusdim

Reaction score
Server
America_1
Main Char
Agusdim
Clan
The Revolution
I like the current coelo, I think it can be easily beaten if they use the "reflexion weapon" implant. Although if they want a change, then they directly change the ability to run, what if instead of running faster, they put a new ability that increases the ticks of dino damage for a short period of time?
Example: skill 1 "Quick Claws", increases the speed of deino's attacks by 50%, for 10 seconds (dinosaur only). extra power: the target will accumulate a bleed that increases as the ticks of the coelo continue to hit.

Like how Cadence works for the guns, but for the coelo

slejd2001

Reaction score
Server
Europe_3
Main Char
-R_3_V-3_N-A-N_T-
Clan
-I-Edgerunners-I-
I like the current coelo, I think it can be easily beaten if they use the "reflexion weapon" implant. Although if they want a change, then they directly change the ability to run, what if instead of running faster, they put a new ability that increases the ticks of dino damage for a short period of time?
Example: skill 1 "Quick Claws", increases the speed of deino's attacks by 50%, for 10 seconds (dinosaur only). extra power: the target will accumulate a bleed that increases as the ticks of the coelo continue to hit.

Like how Cadence works for the guns, but for the coelo
this is nice skill idea, it could be given for any future dinos, but every dino has defensive and offensive skills so coel without either speed up or slowdown effects wouldnt have his defensive skill, which is running away, and wouldnt really fit for run & hit class

Agusdim

Reaction score
Server
America_1
Main Char
Agusdim
Clan
The Revolution
this is nice skill idea, it could be given for any future dinos, but every dino has defensive and offensive skills so coel without either speed up or slowdown effects wouldnt have his defensive skill, which is running away, and wouldnt really fit for run & hit class
you're right, I didn't think about that. How about a skill that reduces your opponent's dino damage?

slejd2001

Reaction score
Server
Europe_3
Main Char
-R_3_V-3_N-A-N_T-
Clan
-I-Edgerunners-I-
How about a skill that reduces your opponent's dino damage?
this is good idea for defensive skill as well, but it doesnt fit hit & run class xd
pachy, as defensive runner's (hit & run class) skill, affects with paralize and the only 2 other skill effects left for runners is speed up and slow down effects, as i see something of this should be rebalanced or removed

MX Power

Reaction score
Server
Europe_1
Main Char
M X Power
Clan
Extra Power
I don't think there is something wrong with Coelophysis Rapid Strikes effect, if anything Coelophysis need buff for its almost useless skill Jump Attack.

From my experience, Coelophysis struggle greatly in head to head combat, and the only thing that keeps it surviving is long range attack, that skill rapid strikes and its effects insure that remains the case, in 1 vs 1 at least.

Now from what I have noticed, Coelophysis is able to escape from a single player with ease and exit combat entirely, but in 2 vs 1, that's far from being likely, especially if they both use Shock tech, or slow down Coelophysis with dino damage or use T-Rex overpowered bleed effect that not only slow it down but devastate it.

@slejd2001 if you think Coelophysis shouldn't be able to escape combat, then you need to compensate it by letting it become stronger in melee combat. Any how, Coelophysis can't lose Speed up or slow down, because speed up helps avoid all opponents, and slow down helps escaping dino damage of the opponent and sprint. Any messing with the skill cooldown or effects duration should be met with improvement to the other skill jump attack and its effect damage up

Agusdim

Reaction score
Server
America_1
Main Char
Agusdim
Clan
The Revolution
I don't think there is something wrong with Coelophysis Rapid Strikes effect, if anything Coelophysis need buff for its almost useless skill Jump Attack.

From my experience, Coelophysis struggle greatly in head to head combat, and the only thing that keeps it surviving is long range attack, that skill rapid strikes and its effects insure that remains the case, in 1 vs 1 at least.

Now from what I have noticed, Coelophysis is able to escape from a single player with ease and exit combat entirely, but in 2 vs 1, that's far from being likely, especially if they both use Shock tech, or slow down Coelophysis with dino damage or use T-Rex overpowered bleed effect that not only slow it down but devastate it.

@slejd2001 if you think Coelophysis shouldn't be able to escape combat, then you need to compensate it by letting it become stronger in melee combat. Any how, Coelophysis can't lose Speed up or slow down, because speed up helps avoid all opponents, and slow down helps escaping dino damage of the opponent and sprint. Any messing with the skill cooldown or effects duration should be met with improvement to the other skill jump attack and its effect damage up
Clearly you ignore the potential of coelophysis
If you use gatling, you give your opponent vulnerability, you increase your own strength with the skill "jump attack", in less than 5 seconds can you take more than half of the hp from any opponent. works great with implant strength, much better with strength clothing.
What I just told you makes coelo a very good dinosaur for melee combat

slejd2001

Reaction score
Server
Europe_3
Main Char
-R_3_V-3_N-A-N_T-
Clan
-I-Edgerunners-I-
Coelophysis struggle greatly in head to head combat
try to fight in far range with enemy which has all same things like you have for far range, but if you use coel and enemy is using pachy or any other dino which has more hp than coel, you will lose with coel in far range, but if you will try to kill that same enemy in close range with same things as for far range, then jump attack helps here very well as it increases dino dmg enought to kill that enemy in close range, i have tested it in different ptr versions and in game too

Now from what I have noticed, Coelophysis is able to escape from a single player with ease and exit combat entirely, but in 2 vs 1, that's far from being likely
its same
when 2 players or more are attacking, coel's player ep is just charged faster and it just allows to run away faster

especially if they both use Shock tech
yes this helps little, but as i have heard from few players, it doesnt prevent much coel from escaping

slow down Coelophysis with dino damage or use T-Rex overpowered bleed effect that not only slow it down but devastate it.
i have good question for you, how any dino even will come closer to coel if it cant be catched and specially how t-rexes will affect coel with bleed? slowdown from dino, bleed or burn can be decreased by stab imp so your suggestion doesnt help

@slejd2001 if you think Coelophysis shouldn't be able to escape combat
what i think is that coel shouldnt be able to escape combat with 99% chance

Any messing with the skill cooldown or effects duration should be met with improvement to the other skill jump attack and its effect damage up
as i explained above, jump attack is good enough already

@MX Power the main thing is that everything should be countered in some way and it is countered in some way, but the problem with coel is that it cant be countered, if coel players decides to kill you, he will do that, if he decides to escape, he will do that too

examples (i dont remember skill names so i will just name effects with which those skills affect)
Scenario A
if carno player takes fitable setup to catch pachy player, who fights in far range, carno player may do that and kill pachy player, but if that same carno player with catching setup will counter another carno player, who is using full close range setup, carno player with catching setup will lose. if carno with full close range setup will counter previously mentioned pachy player, then in this situation pachy player will win, as carno player with full close range setup wont be able to catch pachy player

Scenario B

another example with pachy, if pachy player fights with para player in far range and both are using same things, para player will win in far range bcs of more hp, but since pachy is faster than para, pachy player can catch para in close range and keep it in close range with skill which allows to paralize, but the problem here appears that para player may use heat imp/cold res clothes and paralize wont help much or pachy may just miss or para may dodge skill which affects with paralize, skill which affects with easy target could help here, but it can be missed or dodged as well

if you put coel instead of pachy, then it will get that it may win in far range in any scenario and if coel player decides to escape, it will be able to do that in any case as well, bcs neither of carno setups will be able to catch and even kill coel player in A scenario, neither in B scenario para player will have chance to escape from coel player and even by some reason coel player will decide to escape, it will escape and reason for both scenarios why coel can either kill or escape someone is that coel player is always affected with speed up effect, doesnt matter if rapid strike skill will be missed or dodged, as it doesnt have any counter what makes coel to have no counter, only slowdown effect can be countered with heat imp/cold res clothes or with agility so it means players have to use imp slot/clothes set for any of those imps/clothes set to counter coel's slowdown

my A and B scenarios are for explaining why coel's rapid strike skill is op - speed up cant be countered and for countering slowdown effect there should be used imps/clothes sets, if rapid strike skill would affect only with 1 of both effects, then either 1 imp slot/clothes set could be used with something else or using heat imp/cold res clothes or agility could allow to counter rapid strikes skill, what would help to counter coel

Pleiadian

Reaction score
Server
America_1
Main Char
Rembrandt.
Clan
-
I don't think there is something wrong with Coelophysis Rapid Strikes effect,
(x)

Thing is that once you try to approach and catch the coelophysis enemy, they give you the slowdown effect and goes at distance to attack you, the worst-case scenario is if that Coelophysis enemy has Heat Implant, Stability & Endurance.

Now it becomes somewhat impossible to play against since you can barely approach them.

if anything Coelophysis need buff for its almost useless skill Jump Attack.
what specific combo have you tried to draw such a conclusion?

That's subjective of what combo you use. As @Agusdim has said, Try with Gatling with Damage, Precision, DDF +Range/Focus. As for implant, try with Strength, Vitality, Endurance, Armor, or Stability. Let your extra power build-up, use vulnerability on your enemy, use Jump attack with extra power, and complement with Rapid Strike attack.

You'll see it becomes the quickest way to kill an enemy.

Now from what I have noticed, Coelophysis is able to escape from a single player with ease and exit combat entirely,
(/)

but in 2 vs 1, that's far from being likely, especially if they both use Shock tech, or slow down Coelophysis with dino damage or use T-Rex overpowered bleed effect that not only slow it down but devastate it.
(x)

@slejd2001 if you think Coelophysis shouldn't be able to escape combat, then you need to compensate it by letting it become stronger in melee combat
As a Coelo user, in case this occurs, Coelophysis won't be a true hit-and-run dino, it will be something in between Damager class and Hit-and-Run class.

MX Power

Reaction score
Server
Europe_1
Main Char
M X Power
Clan
Extra Power
If you use gatling, you give your opponent vulnerability, you increase your own strength
Isn't this the case with literally every other dino? Gatling on itself is strong for its 75% chance of making every hit a critical one, that's however is irrelevant. What happens is your slightly increased damage by damage up effect get critical 75% of the time.

Clearly you ignore the potential of coelophysis
Clearly you are giving Coelophysis too much credit for something that it didn't actually cause.

MX Power

Reaction score
Server
Europe_1
Main Char
M X Power
Clan
Extra Power
try to fight in far range with enemy which has all same things like you have for far range, but if you use coel and enemy is using pachy or any other dino which has more hp than coel, you will lose with coel in far range, but if you will try to kill that same enemy in close range with same things as for far range, then jump attack helps here very well as it increases dino dmg enought to kill that enemy in close range, i have tested it in different ptr versions and in game too
Excuse me but aren't all dinosaurs suppose to be balanced in melee combat? Far Ranged combat, yes we know, the dinosaur with more heal points wins, but in melee, when you are equipped with all that is suppose to assist you there, you should have a chance at survival & winning. T-Rex & Carnotaurus whip Coelophysis with ease, Pachy keep on paralyzing at the moment of both SpeedUp/Slowdown & Damage Up, Parasaurolophus dodges overwhelm it with its combination of Rage Down & Dodge, I haven't tested with Centrosaurus, but I can easily assume that with its vulnerable and dino reflect effects it is far more superior in melee too. Now all what's left is Ankylosaurus which loses if you use Stability and Brachiosaurus that is not good at anything.

yes this helps little, but as i have heard from few players, it doesnt prevent much coel from escaping
It does prevent it when they are doing it together, shock from two players or more, not one. Been there myself.

i have good question for you, how any dino even will come closer to coel if it cant be catched and specially how t-rexes will affect coel with bleed? slowdown from dino, bleed or burn can be decreased by stab imp so your suggestion doesnt help
First, it was not a suggestion, it was a complaint, and I don't actually use Coelophysis for escaping but making distance to shoot from range, especially when I combine it with Range Up effect then back again near to attack and recharge power. I complain that T-Rex effect is just too strong, 1000% Damage is too strong for a dinosaur with such strength and leaving it to slowdown opponents makes it harder to evade that devastation.

Slowdown from dino, burn or bleed can't be decreased by stability implant, what are you talking about?

You are asking how Coelophysis is suppose to be caught. I for one don't worry about that, because all I do is using Endurance and Range tech, and wait for them to come to me, then strike with T-Rex bleed, or paralyze them with peacemaker which still relatively helps even against heat regulator. If the player is not fighting back, and just evade combat always, then there is only 1 option left, shock, and if I am alone, then yeah, that wouldn't probably be enough. But I think it is fair, since same exploit can be done by all other dinosaurs in some way. Example is how T-Rex wait for its power to fill first, then does Battlecry with hitchancedown effect and make all counter attacks by opponent miss, or how Parasaurolophus wait for its power to fill, then does Rage Down, followed by dodge and making opponent unable to benefit from his skills and its effects.

The problem here is that we can't collect power from shooting, we only get it from receiving damage. That is the issue that really needs to be addressed here.

what i think is that coel shouldnt be able to escape combat with 99% chance
And apparently that is not the case. At least from my experience, it is hard at some situations but not all of them or even most of them.

as i explained above, jump attack is good enough already
You explained how Coelophysis can win sometimes in melee combat in specific situations, you didn't explain how it can survive in melee combat against any opponent whatsoever.

MX Power

Reaction score
Server
Europe_1
Main Char
M X Power
Clan
Extra Power
Thing is that once you try to approach and catch the coelophysis enemy, they give you the slowdown effect and goes at distance to attack you, the worst-case scenario is if that Coelophysis enemy has Heat Implant, Stability & Endurance.

Now it becomes somewhat impossible to play against since you can barely approach them.
Which is pretty passive if you ask me. You are not winning but you are not losing either. The goal is not to kill, the goal is to protect the building (Claim/travel gates) from being drained by staying inside the circle, and not dying if you are in Maujak Mountains. Both achieved regardless what Coelophysis combat evade has to say about it.

what specific combo have you tried to draw such a conclusion?

That's subjective of what combo you use. As @Agusdim has said, Try with Gatling with Damage, Precision, DDF +Range/Focus. As for implant, try with Strength, Vitality, Endurance, Armor, or Stability. Let your extra power build-up, use vulnerability on your enemy, use Jump attack with extra power, and complement with Rapid Strike attack.

You'll see it becomes the quickest way to kill an enemy.
When you talk about balance, the combinations and equipment are irrelevant, you use exactly the same equipment that your opponent uses and see which one fare better chance. I say Jump Attack effect is useless, because it doesn't have significant aftermath, and seems that using that skill for its mere damage alone without additional cooldown and reserve it for other effects is much better option.

As a Coelo user, in case this occurs, Coelophysis won't be a true hit-and-run dino, it will be something in between Damager class and Hit-and-Run class.
Pick one then, either keep it as it is, Hit & Run dinosaur, or take its ability to run and help it survive in actual fight, I don't see a way around this.

As I said, I think nothing is wrong with Coelophysis. if anything it needs buff, not nerf. But I'm in favor of keeping it as it is.

slejd2001

Reaction score
Server
Europe_3
Main Char
-R_3_V-3_N-A-N_T-
Clan
-I-Edgerunners-I-
Isn't this the case with literally every other dino? Gatling on itself is strong for its 75% chance of making every hit a critical one, that's however is irrelevant. What happens is your slightly increased damage by damage up effect get critical 75% of the time.
(/)

Clearly you are giving Coelophysis too much credit for something that it didn't actually cause.
(x), as ik in eu1 there was no real wars since balance update came out, so what i think you dont have experience fighting vs coel in scenarios which i have given, beside it, dont forget that for coel players its enough to charge extra and then use rapid strikes skill on any mob or object like tree to affect itself with speed up, its unnecessary to use this skill on player which is chasing you

slejd2001

Reaction score
Server
Europe_3
Main Char
-R_3_V-3_N-A-N_T-
Clan
-I-Edgerunners-I-
Excuse me but aren't all dinosaurs suppose to be balanced in melee combat?
what i said in this part isnt complaining, just explanation that its good and should stay like this, but what we are talking about in this thread is that coel is hard to be killed in far range bcs of rapid strikes skill, what i said there is example that coel can kill anyone, but coel almost cant be killed by anyone

Pachy keep on paralyzing at the moment of both SpeedUp/Slowdown & Damage Up
i have told you with examples that heat imp/cold resistance clothes or agility counter paralize

Parasaurolophus dodges overwhelm it with its combination of Rage Down & Dodge
yes, this is what helps for para against all dinos, but vs coel dodge doesnt allow to escape if para player is fighting in far range, bcs as i said before, even if rapid strikes skill is missed or dodges, coel will be affected with speed up anyway

It does prevent it when they are doing it together, shock from two players or more, not one. Been there myself.
ok ill believ, but what if 2 coel players fight vs 2 rex players, will they manage then to kill both coels, doesnt it get like while you kill 1 coel player and 2 rex players die before killing 2nd coel?

First, it was not a suggestion, it was a complaint
maybe i used wrong word

I complain that T-Rex effect is just too strong, 1000% Damage is too strong for a dinosaur with such strength and leaving it to slowdown opponents makes it harder to evade that devastation.
still, how you will even manage to affect coel with it, if you cant even get close to it?

Slowdown from dino, burn or bleed can't be decreased by stability implant, what are you talking about?
good morning, stab was decreasing slowdown from dino hits even before balance update, about bleed and burn i dont remember, ill send videos for comparison in separate comment

all I do is using Endurance and Range tech, and wait for them to come to me, then strike with T-Rex bleed, or paralyze them with peacemaker which still relatively helps even against heat regulator.
i can say that you have enemies which are bad in pvp, if they used coel in far range properly, you wouldnt be able to even touch them with dino

If the player is not fighting back, and just evade combat always, then there is only 1 option left, shock, and if I am alone, then yeah, that wouldn't probably be enough. But I think it is fair, since same exploit can be done by all other dinosaurs in some way. Example is how T-Rex wait for its power to fill first, then does Battlecry with hitchancedown effect and make all counter attacks by opponent miss, or how Parasaurolophus wait for its power to fill, then does Rage Down, followed by dodge and making opponent unable to benefit from his skills and its effects.
(/)

And apparently that is not the case. At least from my experience, it is hard at some situations but not all of them or even most of them.
it is the case based on my and other players experience, with who i talked about coel: endu, stab, heat imp, any other imp setup

You explained how Coelophysis can win sometimes in melee combat in specific situations, you didn't explain how it can survive in melee combat against any opponent whatsoever.
as i think it shouldnt survive against any opponent, otherwise it would be universal choice and would make this dino op or something like that

The goal is not to kill, the goal is to protect the building (Claim/travel gates) from being drained by staying inside the circle, and not dying
excuse me what? how you gonna protect towers from enemies if they wont die and just stay around your tower, when enemies die they have to respawn in other tower and then it takes them a time to get to tower, specially if all towers near are red, otherwise they will just keep going into circle to make it be red for longer time and if you gonna fight with rex vs coel in far range, then i can assure you that you will die, unless as you said before, you wait when coel players come close to you, what is not logic to do, and then you kill them

if anything it needs buff
from my experience it doesnt need buff

Last edited: