Pleiadian

Reaction score
Server
America_1
Main Char
Rembrandt.
Clan
-
Linking the amount of sites that belong to Dinoville with the Townhall activity can eventually lead to a downwards spiral.
One of the negative effects in the long term.

There is more cool stuff to come to get with tokens that should keep it interessting when already having the rex
And I am not a person who has shiny object syndrome where I must obtain said item.

I think you can already have a good insight at how much players purchased the wearables item from the Emporium.

Give or take 1% of all players in all servers only have those items. Because it lacks the wow factor.

Alewx

Splitscreen Studios
Reaction score
the only thing i see is that you introduced some metric to better show in the clan which player contributed the most. But in the end the power to share fame and dictate who gets to go in election, is still the leader of the clan.

moreover, reducing the amount of tower, reduce the amount of fame that can be steal, based from cosmin example, attackers cannot really do much in his situation. which is very frequent on our servers.
So making a new clan and acting different is something impossible, if you get not properly treated by clan leader for the effort you did in fighting for buildings?

S19

Reaction score
Server
Europe_1
Main Char
Sam
Clan
-
Linking the amount of sites that belong to Dinoville with the Townhall activity can eventually lead to a downwards spiral. As the amount of sites that players can fight for decreases, the player activity will soon follow and decrease as well. Which in turn lowers the amount of sites available to the players and so on, and so forth. If there is a small amount of sites to fight over, the attacking groups will have a hard time and many may resign. This would in turn make many defenders resign, as they are no longer needed (the attack sizes have decreased so a smaller amount of players can defend the sites without a problem). If there are less people defending the sites, there are also less players that participate in the elections. It's all connected. Are there any servers were the number of seats in the Townhall fluctuates or is there a general trend where the number of seats slowly gets lower and lower?
This whole post is a good indication how much insight the devs lack in the real servers.

War is about endurence and attrition.

Highway

Splitscreen Studios
Reaction score
moreover, reducing the amount of tower, reduce the amount of fame that can be steal, based from cosmin example, attackers cannot really do much in his situation. which is very frequent on our servers.
Linking the amount of sites that belong to Dinoville with the Townhall activity can eventually lead to a downwards spiral. As the amount of sites that players can fight for decreases, the player activity will soon follow and decrease as well. Which in turn lowers the amount of sites available to the players and so on, and so forth. If there is a small amount of sites to fight over, the attacking groups will have a hard time and many may resign. This would in turn make many defenders resign, as they are no longer needed (the attack sizes have decreased so a smaller amount of players can defend the sites without a problem). If there are less people defending the sites, there are also less players that participate in the elections. It's all connected. Are there any servers were the number of seats in the Townhall fluctuates or is there a general trend where the number of seats slowly gets lower and lower?
Yes that is also one reason that reducing the buildings will help to balance the channels to gain fame frome are more aligned (clothing fame vs building fame).

On lower populated servers this will mean that clothing fame is a good option against building fame compared to how it is live now. Otherwise to much fame is generated by the buildings for a lower player base while the clothing fame is directly attributed for each player.

-Kiwi-

Reaction score
Server
Europe_1
Main Char
..kiwilicious..
Clan
F O U N D
So making a new clan and acting different is something impossible, if you get not properly treated by clan leader for the effort you did in fighting for buildings?
no because the way this game works,if you pull off such a stunt,you will get absolutely destroyed and this update isnt stopping that either

IParzivaLI

Reaction score
Server
Europe_1
Main Char
x- ParzivaL
Clan
Greek Aces
with all due respect if we make a new clan and try to act different we will have less players and less man power so that makes us gate-less so we cant apply on town hall because half of the map is held by dv so how can we fight with 5ppl agains 30ppl please explain the sense of this

Alewx

Splitscreen Studios
Reaction score
One of the negative effects in the long term.

And I am not a person who has shiny object syndrome where I must obtain said item.

I think you can already have a good insight at how much players purchased the wearables item from the Emporium.

Give or take 1% of all players in all servers only have those items. Because it lacks the wow factor.
Much more than you believe.

S19

Reaction score
Server
Europe_1
Main Char
Sam
Clan
-
alright so

I feel like DV holding gates makes it waaaaaaaay harder for people attacking to gain something, take this screenshot as an exampleView attachment 47304
My clan has 10-20 members active, and only 4-5 buildings are vulnerable, while the attackers have 5-10 people at max. Even if they were to attack all at once, they wouldn't be able to get a single building because numbers still play the huge part, and ''closing'' the possibility to attack every gate, makes the building holders need to focus on way less defense. I get that it won't be the same in the live servers, as it will scale with activity, but I still think it needs to be kept in mind.
if it were me the attacker here, how could i possibly obtian this tower? @Alewx

..Arcadius..

Reaction score
Server
Europe_1
Main Char
..Arcadius..
Clan
F O U N D
That just shows that Devs still don't know much about live servers. People who leave big clans and make their own clans have no chance of getting gates on their own, and as I see the update isn't anywhere near changing that.

cOsMiNN

Reaction score
Server
Europe_1
Main Char
-.Cosmin.-
Clan
-Dxrk Rise-
That just shows that Devs still don't know much about live servers. People who leave big clans and make their own clans have no chance of getting gates on their own, and as I see the update isn't anywhere near changing that.
I see people keep repeating this yet they are the ones with huge clans/alliances, it's something players agreed to create and now complain about to devs which don't really have anything to do with it.

Alewx

Splitscreen Studios
Reaction score
with all due respect if we make a new clan and try to act different we will have less players and less man power so that makes us gate-less so we cant apply on town hall because half of the map is held by dv so how can we fight with 5ppl agains 30ppl please explain the sense of this
So you take the approch of lets get me 80 players in the clan and make them all just fight for me.
Rather than actually rewarding every player in the clan with their fair share, growing in numbers due to beeing actually properly treated by clan leadership?

Your way: 80 players in clan leading to 1 player in townhall => shrinking townhall with less buildings available.
Our approach: 80 players in clan, a lot more than 1 player getting fame and participating in townhall => growing townhall with more buildings available.

-Kiwi-

Reaction score
Server
Europe_1
Main Char
..kiwilicious..
Clan
F O U N D
I see people keep repeating this yet they are the ones with huge clans/alliances, it's something players agreed to create and now complain about to devs which don't really have anything to do with it.
the thing is,the update is making ds overall more annoying and not fixing anything

-Kiwi-

Reaction score
Server
Europe_1
Main Char
..kiwilicious..
Clan
F O U N D
So you take the approch of lets get me 80 players in the clan and make them all just fight for me.
Rather than actually rewarding every player in the clan with their fair share, growing in numbers due to beeing actually properly treated by clan leadership?
Your way: 80 players in clan leading to 1 player in townhall => shrinking townhall with less buildings available.
Our approach: 80 players in clan, a lot more than 1 player getting fame and participating in townhall => growing townhall with more buildings available.
you cant push more than 2-3 person for rex without atleast an entire map in an active server.

IParzivaLI

Reaction score
Server
Europe_1
Main Char
x- ParzivaL
Clan
Greek Aces

if dv holds half of the map how could a clan make their members have apply to elections?

-Kiwi-

Reaction score
Server
Europe_1
Main Char
..kiwilicious..
Clan
F O U N D
you cant push more than 2-3 person for rex without atleast an entire map in an active server.
at the same time i mean

cOsMiNN

Reaction score
Server
Europe_1
Main Char
-.Cosmin.-
Clan
-Dxrk Rise-
And again, because players created this alliance system, this actually GOOD idea, cannot really exist because there are lists about elections, people taking turns, clans taking turns, etc. Instead of hating, come up with your own ideas on what to change in this PTR, maybe without completely changing the entire structure that they came up with.

..Arcadius..

Reaction score
Server
Europe_1
Main Char
..Arcadius..
Clan
F O U N D
Your way: fame shared between 80 players leading to no one winning
Our approach: fame focused on 2-3 people at a time and when they are done we move on to the next set of people to make sure everyone can win. Not just giving them fame and not care if they win or lose.

Pleiadian

Reaction score
Server
America_1
Main Char
Rembrandt.
Clan
-
This is an unrealistic approach, for the fact that, let's say that 1 clan of 80 players owns 1 map. In the Town Hall, it requires a lot of fame to win a single election.

So naturally, you will have to focus all of your fame into 1-2 player at a time per period.

Despite everyone defending, you simply cannot make them win. The fame standard is too high. That it requires to be together, to collect fame together, to win one after the other.

Standard fame across the town hall being too high, creates this disconnection between players who defend and Town Hall applicants.

If you connect the dot, now you will understand why despite having so many active player in a server, there is less applicants.

Edit: Let's say that a player loss while trying to win a specific office, in the next try, that player will most likely increase his bid in the election. Then win. Then another player lose. That player again increase his bid. This occur to another player yet again and now, that's how the standard fame across the Town Hall increase.

Last edited:

-Kiwi-

Reaction score
Server
Europe_1
Main Char
..kiwilicious..
Clan
F O U N D
And again, because players created this alliance system, this actually GOOD idea, cannot really exist because there are lists about elections, people taking turns, clans taking turns, etc. Instead of hating, come up with your own ideas on what to change in this PTR, maybe without completely changing the entire structure that they came up with.
players arent fault for creating an ally system because thats legit how basic humans work and their entire structure should be changed if the feedback is negative about it,there is no point in forcing a disliked update on your playerbase?

IParzivaLI

Reaction score
Server
Europe_1
Main Char
x- ParzivaL
Clan
Greek Aces

You said that point of this new update is to not letting bigger clans take a whole map and now u are saying that a clan with 80 member should share the fame to all members getting a rex in this game doesnt cost 80k of fame it costs millions of fame and if bigger clans are doing it by taking whole map i cant imagine after this new update smaller clans will do just to fight for a gate for 1 hour and then lose it the next conflict phase just to gain max 20k fame per phase

-Kiwi-

Reaction score
Server
Europe_1
Main Char
..kiwilicious..
Clan
F O U N D
at the end of the day,clans are also just a bunch of members allying with eachother,so we shouldnt ally and just go solo wolf in a pvp game thats focused solely on teamwork and numbers?

cOsMiNN

Reaction score
Server
Europe_1
Main Char
-.Cosmin.-
Clan
-Dxrk Rise-
players arent fault for creating an ally system because thats legit how basic humans work and their entire structure should be changed if the feedback is negative about it,there is no point in forcing a disliked update on your playerbase?
But you're complaining about something in which you are actively taking part in..? Also if you have noticed this is the forum about the PTR, so if you don't like something you can write it here, just don't post it without some sort of fix or actual feedback because then it's just useless and they won't bother to take your posts into account.

• Agree
Reactions: S19

IParzivaLI

Reaction score
Server
Europe_1
Main Char
x- ParzivaL
Clan
Greek Aces
OMG actual competition where real effort gets rewarded more, shocking. We can not have this no no no no. :D
Do you hear any complaint about giving effort not rewarded at this thread? i dont think so but you hear some complaints about dv getting a lot of gates and making it harder for attackers-smaller clans i think there is a problem here

-Kiwi-

Reaction score
Server
Europe_1
Main Char
..kiwilicious..
Clan
F O U N D
But you're complaining about something in which you are actively taking part in..? Also if you have noticed this is the forum about the PTR, so if you don't like something you can write it here, just don't post it without some sort of fix or actual feedback because then it's just useless and they won't bother to take your posts into account.
i am not a dev,i am a player i play something and notice flaws from my own point of view and relay it to a dev,thats how feedback works

Maggie Rhee

Reaction score
Server
Europe_1
Main Char
Maggie Rhee
Clan
Army of Darkness
OMG actual competition where real effort gets rewarded more, shocking. We can not have this no no no no. :D
Jokes aside, you gotta test your election system first, then you can give us some arguments over it. You don't know anything about the entire game in general. You belive everything it's easy in the game you created, meanwhile...only players know how hard it is to achive something in it.

cOsMiNN

Reaction score
Server
Europe_1
Main Char
-.Cosmin.-
Clan
-Dxrk Rise-
i am not a dev,i am a player i play something and notice flaws from my own point of view and relay it to a dev,thats how feedback works
Yes and feedback is also suggesting what to do next or what to change next, not just saying this update is pupu don't do it.

Status
Not open for further replies.