What's new

Level min/max for all buildings...

Pulp Fiction

Reaction score
I couldn't think of a better title for this topic, so let me explain...

There are buildings in each area by level... 5, 10, 15, 20, 25, 30 and 35... no 40, I think.
I propose implementing a level minimum and maximum per building... for example, the Irwin claim is in the level 5 area... so only rangers of level 5-10 can supply or attack Irwin. This will give lower level players (LLP) the opportunity to collect fame from a claim without higher level players (HLP) attacking the claim (though, the HLP will still be able to attack the LLP with duelist status).

I also propose implementing an additional claim in each area per level... so there would be six claims per map with a min/max level for building owners... but the claims between two levels (5 & 10, 10 & 15, 15 & 20, etc) would have a lower min / higher max... so for example, in Mokon Woods, a new claim between the level 10 & level 15 areas could be owned/attacked by players between levels 10-20, whereas Aubrey could only be owned/attacked by players between levels 15-20 since it is in the level 15 area.

As for spawn camps, those are complicated, because Riley is in the level 10 area, but the level 20 area is right above it... so it could be owned/attacked by players between levels 10-20 or 25 max.

Players level 25+ should only be allowed to own/attack buildings in Green Volcano.
Again, HLP would still be able to attack LLP who are duelists / building owners... but they wouldn't be able to attack/drain buildings in Mokon Woods nor Goldfields, even if their clan is draining a building.

This will literally be a game changing update... and maybe it will boost gold coin purchases since LLP would be able to compete among themselves in Street elections and stay out of HLP clan wars. Separating LLP and HLP could also reduce "bullying", if HLP can't own buildings in GF and MW.

I may have made mistakes in my suggestion, but I don't see any right now... will check back later... I usually spot mistakes after I submit a post, but now I can't edit... :sneaky:

ARIDER

Reaction score
Great idea, yes i think players will buy more gc because they CAN compete

Pulp Fiction

Reaction score
lol i wasted my time typing that... oh well... if all of you who still play continue to play (even though the devs have made the game worse), they're not going to listen to us.

Regular Fries

Reaction score
So not all players can supply and attack buildings, it now depends on their levels, right? So is it possible that a level 1 to level 10 player can get on the 3rd tier of Election? If they manage to get enough fame?

Regular Fries

Reaction score
Pulp Fiction said:
lol i wasted my time typing that... oh well... if all of you who still play continue to play (even though the devs have made the game worse), they're not going to listen to us.
Maybe at least there is someone, like representative of the game, that will reply to the topic posted here. So, they can say what they think about our ideas and somehow answer our questions. It will be greatly appreciated if they do.

Pulp Fiction

Reaction score
Regular Fries said:
So not all players can supply and attack buildings, it now depends on their levels, right? So is it possible that a level 1 to level 10 player can get on the 3rd tier of Election? If they manage to get enough fame?
level 1 wouldn't be able to supply buildings in level 5 areas... minimum level would be 5, not 1.

and sure, if a level 5 player can collect enough fame to reach Town elections :LOL:
so i guess i should include in this suggestion minimum levels to apply for each office?

and also, perhaps claim output should be increased by 1% per level?
...meaning whatever the level 35 claims are (plural since i suggested 2 claims per level) would produce the most fame.

and spawn camps... i'm not sure how medals are rewarded... but camps in the level 35 areas would reward the most medals.

PANTERAMEL

Reaction score
this can be advantageous and fair to the initial players who are usually overlooked, and they never has their time, however, it is also like a challenge, so they strive and evolve their dinos and levels quickly, and can compete with his companions, to win the right to collect fame. if a player realize that he can only collect fame in irwin, while it is up to level 10, for example, he will never make a single mission, to continue accumulating fame, since he cant be drained by high level players. may seem fair, but it is also an invitation to stagnation of players. and i even commented on players who use fake to drain rival clans, who would also start collecting fame :sneaky:

PANTERAMEL

Reaction score
besides the fact that you will follow the same rule GV, and the players in the end, will eventually make war in order to control the last mine, Duncan, and spam around. because the others will be blocked, as players evolve. then you will have very few ways to accumulate fame, in a game where accumulating fame is a major focus. in a more populated server, you will have the following scene: a war of clans for control of buildings GV while MW and GF are left abandoned. :geek:

Pulp Fiction

Reaction score
PANTERAMEL said:
this can be advantageous and fair to the initial players who are usually overlooked, and they never has their time, however, it is also like a challenge, so they strive and evolve their dinos and levels quickly, and can compete with his companions, to win the right to collect fame. if a player realize that he can only collect fame in irwin, while it is up to level 10, for example, he will never make a single mission, to continue accumulating fame, since he cant be drained by high level players. may seem fair, but it is also an invitation to stagnation of players. and i even commented on players who use fake to drain rival clans, who would also start collecting fame :sneaky:
thanks, i think i understand the flaw in my suggestion now... a player can remain at level 5 to collect a ton of fame from Irwin, save it all in the warehouse until (s)he is ready to level up to win elections, and perhaps beat the players who started collecting fame after they reached level 40. but you know what? if other players between levels 5 and 10 allow anyone to sit at a claim every day for weeks/months without challenging that player, then so be it.

higher level players don't have to control/own all claims... it is not a game regulation that players must reach the max level to own a claim... that is a regulation mandated by players/clans because they think only the higher level players should compete... but i think lower level players should be able to collect fame and compete as they are trying to level up so they won't have to win all of the elections in succession later.

and what i mean is... as a level 5 is competing in a Ranger office, (s)he could be collecting fame and leveling up... the election is 24 hours long, iirc, so when that election is over, (s)he can apply for Chief Ranger and level up during that election... instead of waiting until (s)he is level 25 (or now maybe level 40) to apply for Ranger, Chief Ranger, etc.

this should reduce the amount of fame needed to win elections, but it should also increase gold coin purchases since each group per 5 levels will have fewer claims to supply, even with 3 additional claims per map/instance... because all players level 35+ will only be able to supply 2 claims per map/instance instead of all 6 claims in the map.

my guess is there are fewer active players at the top (level 40), so they need fewer claims... that is why having a minimum of 4 claims in level 5 areas (2 in GF and 2 in MW) is more important since there are probably more active lower level players than active HLP and there are more offices to fill in Street elections.

Pulp Fiction

Reaction score
this should reduce the amount of fame needed to win elections, but it should also increase gold coin purchases since each group per 5 levels will have fewer claims to supply, even with 3 additional claims per map/instance... because all players level 35+ will only be able to supply 2 claims per map/instance instead of all 6 claims in the map.
made a mistake... i meant to say each higher level group per 5 levels (25, 30, 35, 40) will have fewer claims to supply.

Pulp Fiction

Reaction score
PANTERAMEL said:
besides the fact that you will follow the same rule GV, and the players in the end, will eventually make war in order to control the last mine, Duncan, and spam around. because the others will be blocked, as players evolve. then you will have very few ways to accumulate fame, in a game where accumulating fame is a major focus. in a more populated server, you will have the following scene: a war of clans for control of buildings GV while MW and GF are left abandoned. :geek:
perhaps that would happen, but i think it would be unlikely to happen since you're not considering how many players below level 25 play and would supply buildings if they weren't owned by level 40 players. maybe in low populated servers, there are more HLP than LLP? I don't know...

arachyd

Reaction score
You are also not taking the clans into consideration. All it would take is a strong clan to kill the owner of the claim along with any of his/her helpers. The strong clan only needs 1 clan member of the appropriate level to drain and take it. The bullying will continue.

Tyrannosaur Ryan

Reaction score
The main problem with this is that it takes away a lot of the incentive to lvl up. As PANTERAMEL more-or-less already said it will get to the point where it actually penalizes a player for leveling up because everyone will be trying to squeeze into the highest level claims.

And low level players who want to get a jump on building up fame can already do so. Claims are usually reserved for high-level players, but I don't think anyone objects to low-level players taking spawn camps. I've even taken spawns in enemy territory without getting attacked.

Pulp Fiction

Reaction score
:LOL: i guess i have a more optimistic view... i just cannot imagine high level players fighting for a level 5 claim (Irwin in my example) which they can't attack/drain, but of course they could repeatedly kill the low level duelist who owns it so their low level clan member can own it, instead of fighting among themselves in Green Volcano for those claims. the higher level claims would be more important since winning Town elections is more important... that's my view of how my suggestion would shift the way the game is played.

PANTERAMEL

Reaction score
I agree with the view that you said, that claims and spawms should not be the exclusive property of a high level player. I would rather that there were ways for a player of average level, could begin to rise in elections. But i dont think that elections should be the focus of a player, before level 20. because the game makes things easier for low level players to upgrade. up to level 5, you even spend dollars to evolve your dino. fewer items, smaller amount of items, and fewer dollars. and also smaller amount of accessories to evolve as implants and gun technology. Trying to evolve and become stronger is encouraged, not only by facilitating the game, but also for the player to feel prepared to fight for a claim and be strong enough to defend it, in case of attack,

PANTERAMEL

Reaction score
arachyd said:
You are also not taking the clans into consideration. All it would take is a strong clan to kill the owner of the claim along with any of his/her helpers. The strong clan only needs 1 clan member of the appropriate level to drain and take it. The bullying will continue.
and you should take into consideration that, in a dominant clan, this player in "appropriate level", will be useful while he stay at this level. then he will be encouraged to not climb his level, to continue skilful attacking claims of enemy clans

Pulp Fiction

Reaction score
PANTERAMEL said:
I agree with the view that you said, that claims and spawms should not be the exclusive property of a high level player. I would rather that there were ways for a player of average level, could begin to rise in elections. But i dont think that elections should be the focus of a player, before level 20. because the game makes things easier for low level players to upgrade. up to level 5, you even spend dollars to evolve your dino. fewer items, smaller amount of items, and fewer dollars. and also smaller amount of accessories to evolve as implants and gun technology. Trying to evolve and become stronger is encouraged, not only by facilitating the game, but also for the player to feel prepared to fight for a claim and be strong enough to defend it, in case of attack,
I agree with you, but if I remember correctly, being elected Ranger is on the same page as reaching level 10 in the guidebook... therefore, I think the game creator(s) made it pretty clear that lower levels should be able to compete and win Street elections before they reaching level 20... especially when level 25 was the max... now 40 is the max, so level 20 is the middle and District elections should be where middle level players compete. Spawn camps are not consistent or reliable sources of fame... a newbie can use/waste a supply charge and earn no medals from a spawn camp in a level 5 area (like Brook in MW) especially in an underused instance. America_1 has three Mokon Wood instances... so not every spawn camp is used/useful.

arachyd

Reaction score
"But i dont think that elections should be the focus of a player, before level 20. "

It is not possible to change the fact that for a huge number of new players the goal is to become sheriff and get a T-rex, whether you approve or not. The first sight of one is enough to make them spam you with a flurry of friend requests and demands for how to get one.

arachyd

Reaction score
PANTERAMEL said:
arachyd said:
and you should take into consideration that, in a dominant clan, this player in "appropriate level", will be useful while he stay at this level. then he will be encouraged to not climb his level, to continue skilful attacking claims of enemy clans
A player does not have to level up to become sheriff. As long as he/she does not quest or hunt or do any of the things to earn experience that player can happily stay at a low level earning fame while the clan defends the claim.

PANTERAMEL

Reaction score
I did not change the picture. as you can see, that what you said has happened. the leader of a dominant clan, created a second account, and this account, he began to gather fame. officers and other members of the clan, with higher level, were selected not only to protect the claims of this fake, but also to accompany him to the claims where he could not get by himself

Pulp Fiction

Reaction score
why would a leader of the dominant clan, who i assume has a t-rex, create a new account to be elected sheriff again? and why would the clan help him win again? wtf...??

PANTERAMEL

Reaction score
yes, pulp, he have a t-rex. and a lvl 40 t-rex.
and why his clan help him to win again? because he said the right words, of course
he said that he was doing that to destroy enemy clan chances to win governor seat. and his clan members should help him, so with their efforts together, they would have to win. and all who endeavored, would be rewarded with their name on a list; for sure, we know what list it is.
a tirade of a good speaker, can achieve the feeling of patriotism, strength and perseverance. the feast of clan members on the day that he won that election was so great, and inflamed, which looked like it was the first T-rex to arrive in the server. :LOL:

Pulp Fiction

Reaction score
wow....... :|

hey btw, you play on Asia_1 and you're from BR... which clan dominants your server, and which country is the clan leader from?

arachyd

Reaction score
The reason could be to sell the account. Dishonest and lazy people with money will buy an account that has all the dinos and the t-rex is icing on the cake. I can't tell you how many players I've reported and never seen again for trying to buy my accounts.

PANTERAMEL

Reaction score
Pulp Fiction said:
wow....... :|

hey btw, you play on Asia_1 and you're from BR... which clan dominants your server, and which country is the clan leader from?
the dominant clan on Asia server is Striking Force. and is the leader of this clan who created and made this fake account earn so much fame. most members of this clan are Filipinos, but there are also some Brazilians and Americans. however, this server there is a second clan that is also large and is at war with the dominant clan. called Comand Royal. large number of members are Brazilian or Spanish, but also has some Filipinos and others who speak in English, the majority coming from the clan Striking, who didnt agree with the harsh rules that clan Striking imposes on its members, particularly with respect to elections . the Comand Royal has no rules, who have supply charge, attack and take the buildings. and who can, rises in elections.

this way of acting, made ​​this second clan began to be attractive to players who, despite being strong, did not have turn being in the dominant clan. and that is why the other grows, in my opinion. however, there is no clear winner, even after a few months of the war. because the two clans are balanced, and also that the members of each clan playing on different schedules. the time zone of each clan is different. then each clan dominates throughout the day. but the day for one, is the night for another :LOL:

PANTERAMEL

Reaction score
arachyd said:
"But i dont think that elections should be the focus of a player, before level 20. "

It is not possible to change the fact that for a huge number of new players the goal is to become sheriff and get a T-rex, whether you approve or not. The first sight of one is enough to make them spam you with a flurry of friend requests and demands for how to get one.
yes, arachyd, i saw many times a lvl 6 player asking for help, after being killed for a lvl 11 player, because he doesnt want to spend his fame, taking protection, because he want to guard it to get a t-rex :mrgreen:

PANTERAMEL

Reaction score
but is not common, a player of the highest level, wanting to become the nanny of a beginner player, just to protect the reputation of the beginner, thus helping him to rise in elections. :LOL:

arachyd

Reaction score
Maybe not where you play but I have shown new players a lot of tricks in this game. Many do not stay long enough to become fully leveled or they give up and join the dominant clans to get fame (the clan says they will but never lets them) then they get discouraged and quit.