What's new

Feedback Wanted: Site Conflict Adjustments Part 2

Highway

Splitscreen Studios
Reaction score
Howdy,

again it's best to start another fresh topic where we can discuss the upcoming planned changes as the previous feedback one already has over 50 pages :sweatgrinning:. We want to further improve the Site combat mechanics to make it more fun and fair to play with the following set of changes.

Automatic Yield Increase & Unlocked Site Defense Upgrades

With this change, you can decide more freely whether and how quickly you want to improve the defense of your sites.
  • Yield level increases automatically with every conflict phase you manage to hold the site.
  • Upgrading the site now only affects HP and Repair Level, and you can upgrade directly to the highest level without having to wait between upgrades.

Dino Diversity Boost for Site Drain and Repairs

This change rewards a varied team composition in both site attack and defense.
  • Boost your team's drain/repair rates by up to 200% by having up to five different dinosaurs in the site's perimeter.
  • Example for drain rate:
    • 1 dino -> 100 drain (100%)
    • 2 different dinos -> 135 drain (135%)
    • 3 different dinos -> 165 drain (165%)
    • 4 different dinos -> 185 drain (185%)
    • 5 different dinos -> 200 drain (200%)
    • 6 different dinos -> 200 drain (200%)
    • 7 different dinos -> 200 drain (200%)

Drain Speed Based Only on Number of Defending Clan's Sites

This change simplifies how drain speeds are determined. We are no longer calculating a difference in held sites between clans, only the number of sites of the defending clan counts.
  • The more sites a clan is holding, the faster attackers can drain them.
  • As before, drain speed will change dynamically during conflict when the held sites count of the defending clan changes.

Here is a table on how it will affect the times with the changes on site based drain and the dino diversity boost at different levels. Max attacker boost times are similar on how it is live, while the overall repair power is increased by 100% compared to live on max boost.

drainmatrix.png
(5 Attacker = max boost, 5 Defender = max boost, Repair+ means drain is lower than repair rate)

Note:
Let me also drop a little refresher here so it is easy to see how much with a single site is worth depending of the yield and when the DV takeover bonus is applied:

1718785988766.png

Let is know what you think and if something is still unclear how it works etc.

OrionZG

Reaction score
Server
America_2
Main Char
WandersZ.
Clan
I was waiting for the new details, excellent.

OrionZG

Reaction score
Server
America_2
Main Char
WandersZ.
Clan
I think the medal rewards from buildings should be increased more, mainly because in 2 hours you can get double or more by mining.

In general, a little more rewards are still needed.Or more loot idk

Pleiadian

Reaction score
Server
America_1
Main Char
Rembrandt.
Clan
-

• Boost your team's drain/repair rates by up to 200% by having up to five different dinosaurs in the site's perimeter.
A main argument that always came back whenever we requested the Dino class based drainage, is that Tank will be less used, and other clas would be more favoured.

I think this updated variation of the Dino class based drainage, solves that.

Can't wait to see this in action.

Queenie

Reaction score
Server
Europe_1
Main Char
- Goldilocks -
Clan
Beloved and Hated
Does the "different dinosaurs" mean basically more players or different dino like coel, centro, para etc. I know it may be a dumb question but it got me puzzled

OrionZG

Reaction score
Server
America_2
Main Char
WandersZ.
Clan
Does the "different dinosaurs" mean basically more players or different dino like coel, centro, para etc. I know it may be a dumb question but it got me puzzled
I mean 5 different dinosaurs, they don't have to be the same

corrected*

Highway

Splitscreen Studios
Reaction score
yes a clan must bring different dinosaurs to get the boost. Using the same dino, like only brachis would not grant the boost. Up to 5 dinos. like for example. 1 brachi, 1 Para, 1 Anky. 1 Rex & 1 Pachy = 5 different dinos

DarkMyth.

Reaction score
Server
Europe_1
Main Char
DarkMyth.
Clan
Greek Aces

Multiple attacking clans, how will this affect it? If for example one attacker clan split into 5, each player from each clan is using a different dino, does this affect the main clan that is draining or what?

Alewx

Splitscreen Studios
Reaction score
Not at all a dumb question. Yes that is the way it is meant. the more variing dinos the attackers use the faster the drain, same goes for defenders

OrionZG

Reaction score
Server
America_2
Main Char
WandersZ.
Clan
Not at all a dumb question. Yes that is the way it is meant. the more variing dinos the attackers use the faster the drain, same goes for defenders
Ah, I understand, so if there are 5 brachis, the extra percentage of drainage is not applied, it remains at 100 y no 200%, right?

Queenie

Reaction score
Server
Europe_1
Main Char
- Goldilocks -
Clan
Beloved and Hated
Multiple attacking clans, how will this affect it? If for example one attacker clan split into 5, each player from each clan is using a different dino, does this affect the main clan that is draining or what?
Maybe to have the drain boost effect they would have to be in a same clan

Highway

Splitscreen Studios
Reaction score
The dino diversity boost is calculated per clan and the top draining clan will make more effort (top drainer, red feet)

OrionZG

Reaction score
Server
America_2
Main Char
WandersZ.
Clan
And will we have any reference or any indication that this drainage/repair bonus is being applied? I mean, any visual effects that tell us that the 5 different dinosaurs are successfully draining 200%?

Alewx

Splitscreen Studios
Reaction score
And will we have any reference or any indication that this drainage/repair bonus is being applied? I mean, any visual effects that tell us that the 5 different dinosaurs are successfully draining 200%?
the actual current drained/repaired values pop up at the building like it currently is so that shows them. about the boost that is currently active, no idea where i would place that.

DarkMyth.

Reaction score
Server
Europe_1
Main Char
DarkMyth.
Clan
Greek Aces

With this change, you can decide more freely whether and how quickly you want to improve the defense of your sites.
  • Yield level increases automatically with every conflict phase you manage to hold the site.
  • Upgrading the site now only affects HP and Repair Level, and you can upgrade directly to the highest level without having to wait between upgrades.
So basically a defender is paying to have higher chances of saving this site and their fame, and fame production will be automatically upgraded after every phase the site survives, and attacks remain for free correct?

Dxrkxzx

Reaction score
Server
Europe_2
Main Char
Darkaza
Clan
NIGHTWALKERS

does that mean its be free or gates will automatically steal clans dd?

OrionZG

Reaction score
Server
America_2
Main Char
WandersZ.
Clan
I think the medal rewards from buildings should be increased more, mainly because in 2 hours you can get double or more by mining.

but as I say, it is totally necessary that the rewards of the buildings increase; 7-23k fame is very little compared to mines, it's also a reason why people trade buildings, because you literally don't lose or gain fame. (There is not much importance).

and with the new changes perhaps there will be greater dependence on a building, but I think it will not be so constant, it will remain the same

what if buildings can reach 1000% yield capacity?

DarkMyth.

Reaction score
Server
Europe_1
Main Char
DarkMyth.
Clan
Greek Aces
but as I say, it is totally necessary that the rewards of the buildings increase; 7-23k fame is very little compared to mines, it's also a reason why people trade buildings, because you literally don't lose or gain fame. (There is not much importance).

and with the new changes perhaps there will be greater dependence on a building, but I think it will not be so constant, it will remain the same

Or maybe buildings can reach 1000% yield
Well 1000% sounds too high I think? But I agree fame production compared to mining makes us feel like it's worthless to put efforts into holding, just chill and mine instead

DarkMyth.

Reaction score
Server
Europe_1
Main Char
DarkMyth.
Clan
Greek Aces
However I still stand against the fact that attacking remains for free, even if it had a low price, it shouldn't be free

In general, update looks great and I'm curious to test and see how it'll perform

Ostral

Reaction score
Server
Europe_1
Main Char
mrs.sugarbabe
Clan
X}-NemesiS-{X
this update will help defenders as well, very ideal. and will force attackers to farm dds in order to upgrade hp of the gate.

OrionZG

Reaction score
Server
America_2
Main Char
WandersZ.
Clan
Well 1000% sounds too high I think? But I agree fame production compared to mining makes us feel like it's worthless to put efforts into holding, just chill and mine instead
Well, it's a crazy idea but it makes sense with the new changes.

Since the performance improvement will be automatic for each defense in each phase, this will make it possible for some players to defend their own building for the new increased rewards, but what if the player is shown that if he defends the building a lot more, he can reach 1000% yield? it would be risky, but there would be satisfying rewards.

risk = reward

or well, that's the idea I have for the clans to focus on their own buildings.

DarkMyth.

Reaction score
Server
Europe_1
Main Char
DarkMyth.
Clan
Greek Aces
Well, it's a crazy idea but it makes sense with the new changes.

Since the performance improvement will be automatic for each defense in each phase, this will make it possible for some players to defend their own building, but what if the player is shown that if he defends the building a lot more, he can reach 1000% yield? it would be risky, but there would be satisfying rewards.

risk = reward

or at least that is my idea so that clans are not always changing buildings, and focus on their own sites
I get your point basically make a player actually want to fight for a site for the sake of the big reward they get for survival, which is currently considered low yes

Also i've noticed sometimes a site is being taken by dv after literally 1 phase of it being held by a clan, chances are too low but should this be a thing even? I mean the clan attacked and reclaimed that site, next phase it was taken by dv and that clan was rewarded by 300% bonus fame already

OrionZG

Reaction score
Server
America_2
Main Char
WandersZ.
Clan
One interesting thing I would like to see is that, clan leaders should have an extra percentage of drainage or repair, compared to average clan members.

It would be quite "fun" strategically. Also would increase the role of clan leaders in wars/battles

Last edited:
Reaction score
Server
America_1
Main Char
-.JawFrey.-
Clan
Taxi Carrara

Realmente, em 2h de farm nas minas você consegue no mínimo 50k de fama

Reaction score
Server
America_1
Main Char
-.JawFrey.-
Clan
Taxi Carrara
Howdy,

again its best to start another fresh topic where we can discuss the upcomming planned changes as the previous feedback one already has over 50 pages :sweatgrinning:. We want to further improve the Site combat mechanics to make it more fun and fair to play with the following set if changes.

Drain Speed Based Only on Number of Defending Clan's Sites

This change simplifies how drain speeds are determined. We are no longer calculating a difference in held sites between clans, only the number of sites of the defending clan counts.
  • The more sites a clan is holding, the faster attackers can drain them.
  • As before, drain speed will change dynamically during conflict when the held sites count of the defending clan changes.

Here is a table on how it will affect the times with the changes on site based drain and the dino diversity boost at different levels. Max attacker boost times are similar on how it is live, while the overall repair power is increased by 100% compared to live on max boost.

View attachment 48120
(5 Attacker = max boost, 5 Defender = max boost, Repair+ means drain is lower than repair rate)

Note:
Let me also drop a little refresher here so it is easy to see how much with a single site is worth depending of the yield and when the DV overtake bonus is applied:

View attachment 48119

Let is know what you think and if something is still unclear how it works etc.
Estou ansioso para testar essas novas mudanças no PTR.