What's new

What about AFK system?

Status
Not open for further replies.

penultama

Reaction score
Howdy!, It`s been sometime I`ve not in Dino Storm

I heard many problems concerning, players being killed by others even when they are doing nothing. But I personally kinda get used it and accept the fact that its a "PVP" game. The only safe area is in Dinoville.
So I thought, why don`t the Dev`s imply AFK(away from keyboard) option where you can`t be harm and you can`t do anything as well, for the sake of other new players that get too annoyed.

Well, of course if it did exist then, AFK option cannot be activated in a combat and also when you are owning a spawn camp, you should not be able to move and the appearance of your character turns translucent so that other players can see that you are in AFK mode. Plus if you are injured, the health bar pause regenerating until you un-AFK. So, everything about your character stops moving in AFK mode except you can adjust some of the settings and also check your inventory and other players cannot harm you in any way.

The most suitable button to go into AFK mode would be the "escape" button at the top left of the keyboard. Maybe, it should also take 3 to 5 seconds before it can be activated. Some get really annoyed being killed without any reason (lets say, you quickly went to the toilet to ease yourself and when you come back playing, you are already dead). I think this can really save us a lot of time especially when we are on our way to a certain destination and we need to pause for a moment.

What do you think?

SkyLander

Reaction score
How about, as you can see: http://forum.dinostorm.com/viewtopic.php?f=54&t=2992
It has long time since raised the idea, but there was no response from any Dev wherefore not currently see a system like this.

Status
Not open for further replies.