What's new

this game....

Status
Not open for further replies.

autobuns

Reaction score
... needs a serious readjustment.

i'm a player on america 1, known to most as vixen. i've been playing dinostorm since march 2013. i'm level 25, nearly everything maxed. i love this game quite a bit, and my "noob" years were quite a bit of fun. just one problem has come to my attention in late months.

and this game has lots of issues.

for one, the lag is horrendous. when i say horrendous, i mean it. i lag out an incredible amount of the time, and if there's just *one* too many people on the map at one time, i can barely play. not once since i've started playing has the lag been addressed. they've added more servers, sure, but i hvaen't seen a difference with spacing out players. the lag, in short, is one of this game's biggest shortcomings.

not as big, however, as the lack of balance. with the pvp, there are basically two set-ups people use. this makes it extremely difficult to get any sort of advantage and difficult to handle large groups of people if you don't have *just* the right combination. the addition of clothing attributes helped a little, but the balance issue is still there. i've had countless players destroy me, even with my better techs/implants/etc... because of boosters. violent boosters are severely overpowered and there's nothing that i've found that counters them decently enough. the worst part is that you can only get boosters in significant amounts if you spend the gold coins for them. meaning, you lose unless you pay real money. i can't even fight without basic boosters anymore, because the animals dropping them means that's essentially the base power you have. *everyone* on this game has basic boosters. they hardly do anything anymore. the removal of the pots and addition of the heal ability is nice, but removing the pots removed some of the counters you could use. i remember deflect pots in particular being good against strength. that being said, there are some implants and techs that don't have any counters now that pots are gone. (strength being a big one, unless you're a centro user).

balance isn't limited just to the pvp though. elections are also entirely unbalanced. i've visited the majority of the america servers, and in every one there is a clan that completely and utterly controls the elections. what does this mean? smaller clans don't make fame and don't win elections. for example, america 1 is controlled by clan steel romero "mex". it's an absolutely huge clan, and the majority are spanish as the name suggests. they own two maps, and because of their size and power, are rarely ever attacked. because of that, they dominate elections completely. they don't let anyone through without their approval, namely english players. (another thing i'll get to, by the way). i'm not entirely sure what clans rule the other servers, but i know they're there.

a huge thing, in america 1 at least, is racism. odd as this sounds, it seems to primarily be racism towards the english. not that the spanish or portuguese escape it however, but it is not to the degree the english receive it. i mentioned clan steel romero "mex" above, and they are a large part of this problem. they are spanish players, and they send other spanish players to attack the english clans and prevent them from gaining fame, to continue holding their monopoly. i've had spanish players say nasty things to me in spanish, so that i don't understand unless i translate, and it's difficult to keep up when 25 people are spamming the local chat. i've even seen a screenshot of a spanish saying "exterminate all english." that's right, they're trying to exterminate us by blocking elections, sending other clans after us, and being a general pain in the rear end. i digress however, because this isn't just about america 1. the other servers i've visited also seem to have big clans dominated by a single race. it doesn't seem racist at first glance, but when you really get down to the core of it... yeah. it's racism.

while i'm on the subject of racism and spamming clan chat.... WHERE ARE THE GAME MASTERS? i've not seen one in my server for months.. that's not an exaggeration, i promise you. the last time i saw a GM was one of the lead GMs, who showed up in the server when someone was cursing at me, and did not do anything. since then, america 1 has been completely void of any sort of moderation. as i said before, there is a lot of racism, spamming, sexism, etc that needs addressing. it should NOT be on the players to have to report everything. dinostorm is a game, and a family game at that. sad to say, however, this is not a friendly environment. i've heard homophobic slurs, racist slurs, references to unspeakable things, and general unpleasantness. if you've been on america 1, you'll understand how difficult it is to report all of this in one sitting. really, it just can't be done. nobody on america 1 fears getting in trouble anymore...

... and one reason is the support system. one thing that really bothers me is the message i receive when i've sent a report. it would be reassuring to know the person has been dealt with. more often than not, they're not dealt with. i've sent in reports for some pretty bad things, had support answer the ticket, and then nothing been done. there are many people who should have been banned who are still around. there are still other players who have been banned multiple times and keep coming back. as i said before, it creates a toxic environment and makes the game experience really quite awful. support also takes an extremely long amount of time to reply, so long in fact that half the time it's just not worth it. honestly, i don't really report anyone much anymore, simply because nothing is done about it.

in short, this game is a good concept. i hesitate to call it a game, because really.. it's not. it's not nearly complete enough and there are so many issues. one player even remarked that dinostorm would never be out of beta. it's a shame really. dinostorm is an extremely unique idea. if things were fixed and tended to, then perhaps it will be as good as it once was.

Pulp Fiction

Reaction score
Reply to lag issue: I provided a solution for lag here, but the devs should eliminate lag (if possible).

Reply to PvP imbalance issue: Create high-quality gear with defense attributes.
I wish our game profiles were linkable so I could link to yours, but a screenshot will have to do.

You have 0 armor because up until November 5th armor was broken. Now you can use the armor implant and create gear with armor to reduce damage. Armor = the solution.

the addition of clothing attributes helped a little, but the balance issue is still there. i've had countless players destroy me, even with my better techs/implants/etc... because of boosters. violent boosters are severely overpowered and there's nothing that i've found that counters them decently enough.
You currently have no high-quality (7+) gear on in your profile, so how can you assume clothing attributes help only a little?

Reply to monopolizing clan issue: I addressed this here.

Reply to rule-breaking issue: Ignore = the solution. The devs do need to fix the ignore "bug" of the ignored being un-ignored after logging out and back into the game.

Reply to lack of Game Moderators (I refuse to call them masters): I'm glad there aren't any on America_1. I hate censorship and the "thought police". Also, GMs are biased because they're players themselves and may abuse their "mod powers". There should be no fraternizing between GMs and players.

Reply to support system issue: I personally prefer public reports (on a forum), so I'd much rather see the support system eliminated than improved. I posted a thread about this but deleted it.
The support section could look something like this:

autobuns

Reaction score
Pulp Fiction said:
Reply to lag issue: I provided a solution for lag here, but the devs should eliminate lag (if possible).
as i said before with the moderation issues, it shouldn't be upon the player to fix the lag in-game. it should be a thing that the game devs fix because it is an issue with their game. solution are nice, and might work, but i'm not sure that's something that will be plausible for everyone to use.

Pulp Fiction said:
Reply to PvP imbalance issue: Create high-quality gear with defense attributes.
I wish our game profiles were linkable so I could link to yours, but a screenshot will have to do.

You have 0 armor because up until November 5th armor was broken. Now you can use the armor implant and create gear with armor to reduce damage. Armor = the solution.

the addition of clothing attributes helped a little, but the balance issue is still there. i've had countless players destroy me, even with my better techs/implants/etc... because of boosters. violent boosters are severely overpowered and there's nothing that i've found that counters them decently enough.
You currently have no high-quality (7+) gear on in your profile, so how can you assume clothing attributes help only a little?
obviously the fixing of the armor implant helped, i will agree with that. but it's virtually useless if an enemy puts in penetration tech. armor gear might bump it up, but again, penetration imp and penetration gear. crafting higher levels of gear is extremely tedious, especially when you have no gold coins to undo something that isn't useful. i'm still not entirely sure how which attribute is decided to be passed down. i was told one thing, but it didn't work 100%.

Pulp Fiction said:
Reply to monopolizing clan issue: I addressed this here.
it's an interesting idea, but you have to realize that won't entirely fix the monopolizing clan issue. regardless of a new map or whatever, there will simply be another big clan that will take over. it can't be escaped without adjustments to the clan system/election system. balance, balance, balance.

Pulp Fiction said:
Reply to rule-breaking issue: Ignore = the solution. The devs do need to fix the ignore "bug" of the ignored being un-ignored after logging out and back into the game.
i agree that the ignore bug needs to be fixed, and it is quite useful, but it's on the game moderators and devs to enforce their rules. it should not be on the players to deal with the issue. it's a game, meant for having fun, but the rulebreakers with their cursing and insults make it stressful or unpleasant.

Pulp Fiction said:
Reply to lack of Game Moderators (I refuse to call them masters): I'm glad there aren't any on America_1. I hate censorship and the "thought police". Also, GMs are biased because they're players themselves and may abuse their "mod powers". There should be no fraternizing between GMs and players.
i hate censorship as well but again, it is meant to be a family game and rules are meant to be enforced. GM bias is a thing, definitely. that's why most GMs aren't supposed to moderate in their own servers. the use of outside GMs is an idea, but they would not understand how the game works and it might not be the best idea. experimentation though, i suppose.

Pulp Fiction said:
Reply to support system issue: I personally prefer public reports (on a forum), so I'd much rather see the support system eliminated than improved. I posted a thread about this but deleted it.
The support section could look something like this:
that sounds like a pretty good idea. others could contribute to reports with their own proof, and ignoring reports would not go unknown. however, i do worry about the possibility of backlash because then your name and server etc would be known. perhaps anonymous reports, as an option? something to consider.

Pulp Fiction

Reaction score
Wow, you're more civil (towards me) on this forum...I likey :LOL:
Okay, serious mode now.

as i said before with the moderation issues, it shouldn't be upon the player to fix the lag in-game. it should be a thing that the game devs fix because it is an issue with their game. solution are nice, and might work, but i'm not sure that's something that will be plausible for everyone to use.
To my knowledge, which I admit I don't completely understand, lag is caused mainly by our computers rather than the game. The devs may not be able to fix lag unless they downgrade the game to use less memory.

obviously the fixing of the armor implant helped, i will agree with that. but it's virtually useless if an enemy puts in penetration tech. armor gear might bump it up, but again, penetration imp and penetration gear. crafting higher levels of gear is extremely tedious, especially when you have no gold coins to undo something that isn't useful. i'm still not entirely sure how which attribute is decided to be passed down. i was told one thing, but it didn't work 100%.
I agree, but the devs shouldn't reduce the 20% & 30% damage increase of potent & violent boosters just because crafting is tedious. Hunting to accumulate dino dollars and doing quests for gold coins is tedious... but hunting, questing and now crafting are essential tasks of this game, if you want or have to play for free. If these tasks weren't tedious, who'd buy gold coins?

it's an interesting idea, but you have to realize that won't entirely fix the monopolizing clan issue. regardless of a new map or whatever, there will simply be another big clan that will take over. it can't be escaped without adjustments to the clan system/election system. balance, balance, balance.
I disagree. I mentioned a system of checks & balances in the other thread... anarchism...
because we shouldn't want nor need the developers to adjust the game to make it fair & balanced.

i agree that the ignore bug needs to be fixed, and it is quite useful, but it's on the game moderators and devs to enforce their rules. it should not be on the players to deal with the issue. it's a game, meant for having fun, but the rulebreakers with their cursing and insults make it stressful or unpleasant.

i hate censorship as well but again, it is meant to be a family game and rules are meant to be enforced. GM bias is a thing, definitely. that's why most GMs aren't supposed to moderate in their own servers. the use of outside GMs is an idea, but they would not understand how the game works and it might not be the best idea. experimentation though, i suppose.
Well, even if people aren't breaking rules, their conversations can be inappropriate, unpleasant, offensive, repulsive, etc... like women discussing their menstrual cycles, for example, is inappropriate.

GMs shouldn't work where they play... I agree.

that sounds like a pretty good idea. others could contribute to reports with their own proof, and ignoring reports would not go unknown. however, i do worry about the possibility of backlash because then your name and server etc would be known. perhaps anonymous reports, as an option? something to consider.
Game profiles aren't linked to forum profiles, so remaining anonymous is easy.

ARIDER

Reaction score
autobuns said:
... needs a serious readjustment.

i'm a player on america 1, known to most as vixen. i've been playing dinostorm since march 2013. i'm level 25, nearly everything maxed. i love this game quite a bit, and my "noob" years were quite a bit of fun. just one problem has come to my attention in late months.

and this game has lots of issues.

for one, the lag is horrendous. when i say horrendous, i mean it. i lag out an incredible amount of the time, and if there's just *one* too many people on the map at one time, i can barely play. not once since i've started playing has the lag been addressed. they've added more servers, sure, but i hvaen't seen a difference with spacing out players. the lag, in short, is one of this game's biggest shortcomings.

not as big, however, as the lack of balance. with the pvp, there are basically two set-ups people use. this makes it extremely difficult to get any sort of advantage and difficult to handle large groups of people if you don't have *just* the right combination. the addition of clothing attributes helped a little, but the balance issue is still there. i've had countless players destroy me, even with my better techs/implants/etc... because of boosters. violent boosters are severely overpowered and there's nothing that i've found that counters them decently enough. the worst part is that you can only get boosters in significant amounts if you spend the gold coins for them. meaning, you lose unless you pay real money. i can't even fight without basic boosters anymore, because the animals dropping them means that's essentially the base power you have. *everyone* on this game has basic boosters. they hardly do anything anymore. the removal of the pots and addition of the heal ability is nice, but removing the pots removed some of the counters you could use. i remember deflect pots in particular being good against strength. that being said, there are some implants and techs that don't have any counters now that pots are gone. (strength being a big one, unless you're a centro user).

balance isn't limited just to the pvp though. elections are also entirely unbalanced. i've visited the majority of the america servers, and in every one there is a clan that completely and utterly controls the elections. what does this mean? smaller clans don't make fame and don't win elections. for example, america 1 is controlled by clan steel romero "mex". it's an absolutely huge clan, and the majority are spanish as the name suggests. they own two maps, and because of their size and power, are rarely ever attacked. because of that, they dominate elections completely. they don't let anyone through without their approval, namely english players. (another thing i'll get to, by the way). i'm not entirely sure what clans rule the other servers, but i know they're there.

a huge thing, in america 1 at least, is racism. odd as this sounds, it seems to primarily be racism towards the english. not that the spanish or portuguese escape it however, but it is not to the degree the english receive it. i mentioned clan steel romero "mex" above, and they are a large part of this problem. they are spanish players, and they send other spanish players to attack the english clans and prevent them from gaining fame, to continue holding their monopoly. i've had spanish players say nasty things to me in spanish, so that i don't understand unless i translate, and it's difficult to keep up when 25 people are spamming the local chat. i've even seen a screenshot of a spanish saying "exterminate all english." that's right, they're trying to exterminate us by blocking elections, sending other clans after us, and being a general pain in the rear end. i digress however, because this isn't just about america 1. the other servers i've visited also seem to have big clans dominated by a single race. it doesn't seem racist at first glance, but when you really get down to the core of it... yeah. it's racism.

while i'm on the subject of racism and spamming clan chat.... WHERE ARE THE GAME MASTERS? i've not seen one in my server for months.. that's not an exaggeration, i promise you. the last time i saw a GM was one of the lead GMs, who showed up in the server when someone was cursing at me, and did not do anything. since then, america 1 has been completely void of any sort of moderation. as i said before, there is a lot of racism, spamming, sexism, etc that needs addressing. it should NOT be on the players to have to report everything. dinostorm is a game, and a family game at that. sad to say, however, this is not a friendly environment. i've heard homophobic slurs, racist slurs, references to unspeakable things, and general unpleasantness. if you've been on america 1, you'll understand how difficult it is to report all of this in one sitting. really, it just can't be done. nobody on america 1 fears getting in trouble anymore...

... and one reason is the support system. one thing that really bothers me is the message i receive when i've sent a report. it would be reassuring to know the person has been dealt with. more often than not, they're not dealt with. i've sent in reports for some pretty bad things, had support answer the ticket, and then nothing been done. there are many people who should have been banned who are still around. there are still other players who have been banned multiple times and keep coming back. as i said before, it creates a toxic environment and makes the game experience really quite awful. support also takes an extremely long amount of time to reply, so long in fact that half the time it's just not worth it. honestly, i don't really report anyone much anymore, simply because nothing is done about it.

in short, this game is a good concept. i hesitate to call it a game, because really.. it's not. it's not nearly complete enough and there are so many issues. one player even remarked that dinostorm would never be out of beta. it's a shame really. dinostorm is an extremely unique idea. if things were fixed and tended to, then perhaps it will be as good as it once was.
Start over in a different server problem solved

Pulp Fiction

Reaction score
ARIDER said:
Start over in a different server problem solved
That's like telling bullied children to go to (a) different school(s).

I'm not saying English-speaking players are being bullied in the Am_1 server...
bullying was just the first problem that came to mind.

Is there a server where English-speaking players aren't targeted for speaking English?

ARIDER

Reaction score
No, asia 1 is on of the peaceful servers out there and everyone there is english.

RexDude

Reaction score
Yes Airder is absolutely right. I switched back to Asia_1 after facing America_1 and find it pretty comfortable and nice. 99 percent players here are english and i'm not 1 percent sure because i'm sure i saw a turkish and a greek player a month earlier.

Status
Not open for further replies.